Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Things That Go Wrong In Big Farm

There are a few inconvenient things in the game which I would like to fix:

1. Uneven expansions On the flower farm- if you notice, it's not a perfect square like the other farms.
2. Creepy things staring at you in the horse ranch- look around; there are monsters, stray horses, etc.
3. Bugs, Bugs, And More Bugs In The Game. For example, I almost unlocked the decoration valley at level 47 and only with a few flower farm expansions! 
4. The payments in the game are usually messed up, as many people have witnessed.
And many, many more for this discussion. Please share your thoughts and discuss things wrong with the game.

P.S. I will try to edit this and add more things that are wrong, and after some time, I will close this discussion and contact the support team about the issues.

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    #1 That is the way it was made/changed to so it would be different from the other farms - no problem there.
    #2 The horse has always had those. Heck we even had a contest to name the creatures.

#3 & #4 Go hand in hand as they add more with out fixing the current problems they get so far behind as they focus on the newer bugs trying to settle as many as possible as quick as possible. As we've seen time & time again it does take a while & for some bugs even longer.

• KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    edited 15.06.2020
    #1 That is the way it was made/changed to so it would be different from the other farms - no problem there.
    #2 The horse has always had those. Heck we even had a contest to name the creatures.

#3 & #4 Go hand in hand as they add more with out fixing the current problems they get so far behind as they focus on the newer bugs trying to settle as many as possible as quick as possible. As we've seen time & time again it does take a while & for some bugs even longer.
    Ah, yes. For number 1, the flower farm is supposed to be an added challenge (liquid fertilizer instead of the normal one; and honeydew is kind of like unprocessed feed), so GGS wanted to make it extra challenging, so they made it uneven for the players to actually use their brains when placing buildings, decorations, etc. For number 2, there are now more weird creatures since the horse update ('Step up a level with your horse!'), And now, it seems, that since COVID19, one of the characters got a mask...
    Numbers 3 and 4: Yes, there is a whole list of bugs. For example, the new drawer with all the offers now blocks the farm selection menu of a farm you're visiting. Conclusion: I hated the horse update, because it kept me from actually competing (I was at level 39 when it happened), and I also hated the diamond upgrade itself, but I liked the fact that it showed only one offer at a time, so I could actually get to my farm, and I also liked the new Chicken Chalet, and I built one and saved quite some space. These updates weren't coming as much as when I started in August 2019. But, during the last few weeks, they have literally been bombing updates at is every week! New things pop up, and the updates themselves are good, but the glitches are not.

P.S. How do you take a screenshot in Windows 7? I normally use the snipping tool for a portion of the screen, but things that you have to hover the mouse over them disappear if you click on the Start menu to open it.

Also, could you spread the word about this thread? Thanks.
    New update! In the beach ball finding part of the summer event, when you find all of them on all farms, it says this: "You found all the ice cream on every farm today! Find more again tomorrow". Hmmm.... Something is wrong here, I can't seem to find out exactly what.... Just kidding. Ice cream!? I thought we were finding beach balls! Image shown below. 
  • TiminuTufu (FormerMod)TiminuTufu (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 389
    edited 11.07.2020
    Yeah, it is wrong text there :)

its been reported
    Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153

P.S. How do you take a screenshot in Windows 7? I normally use the snipping tool for a portion of the screen, but things that you have to hover the mouse over them disappear if you click on the Start menu to open it.

Use PrintScreen key on your keyboard. Usually its named as "PrtSc". 
    When you press this key, you will see nothing, but screen is already taken in to memory. 
    Open any graphic editor program, it can be "Paint" and make "Paste" on a empty sheet. 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612

You can check this out to know how to take screenshots, every operating system has its own methods.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Oh, now that the lucky coin stall is running, why on Earth would items for the tropical farm be sold while candy farm is running? Why can't there be 3 version of lucky coin stall, one for candy farm, one for Viking farm and the current one? 
    Oh, now that the lucky coin stall is running, why on Earth would items for the tropical farm be sold while candy farm is running? Why can't there be 3 version of lucky coin stall, one for candy farm, one for Viking farm and the current one? 
    There really could be, but you still don't lose anything if it isn't. Everything besides the farm, the barn products, and the premium humus/feed/fertilizer is exchanged for the event currency when the event farm is over.
    Another problem: The new horse ranch buildings are partially blocking the fountain in the middle of all of them. Quite annoying, please fix it. Picture clipped. (Sorry for big black part, it's something I don't want anyone to see)
    MORE updates! The farm selection menu of other players is partially blocked out by the new offers 'box'. I can't see any farm names at the bottom of the list, fix needed. (Photo clipped)
    @KoStone (US1)

Both of the errors you mentioned are due to your screen resolution size.

Changing it to a higher one would fix those display issues for you  :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    BugsBunny said:
    @KoStone (US1)

Both of the errors you mentioned are due to your screen resolution size.

Changing it to a higher one would fix those display issues for you  :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

I am already using the highest resolution.....so maybe I need to buy a new laptop? Maybe GGS can create a contest where we can win a new laptop??
    Or maybe they should take into account not everyone has the same hardware  (as the developers at GGS).
    Ok. The event running, the 'Beach Ball Bounce,' has been running perfectly. But, isn't it supposed to be 'The Village Fair is Coming'? The Ball Bounce runs before the Island Farm; the Fair runs before the Candy farm. That means we have had the Ball Bounce event twice in a row, and skipped the Fair! 
    *More updates!!!* In the Welcome Center by the overview of farm friends, the 'Has competed in a tournament challenge of reached level 23' should be removed. To hit that, you must get the next milestone, 'Has harvested almonds or reached level 31.' It either should be replaced, removed, or fixed.

Next: If you were to visit your own event farm, you would notice that the currencies/variables shown are: Event currency; village dollars, gold, XP, workers, etc. You really don't need village dollars in an event farm, and it should be switched out for the special event currency (seashells, vouchers, runestones, etc).
    edited 13.09.2020
    Why are there so many New events? There are already enough. There should also be a required level to be able to join a cooperative. Also, the HTML version should be updated not to be as glitchy. Improvements, NOT updates.
    Post edited by KoStone (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Sorry all of this is not new it been happing for years!
     Just scroll through the comments in the forum here - there are not many where there isn't a complaint or report of something wrong or some thing when wrong or didn't work as it said it would. Then there's just plain mistakes make by the farmer's them self - clicking the wrong thing - misreading what was required to do or have or get or donate. They will never be able to please all the players all the time - their main focus is in making money from this period!
     Take screen shots or even better a video of ur game play. Note the time of trouble on the video so when u send it in to support - they may then be able to do some thing about it. Be sure to include your computer specs along with an explanation of what u think when wrong with what where. No 1 here can really help you with these problems you need to check with support.
    Well, it happened again. The moderators ALREADY SAID that they would fix the ice cream/beach ball error but that has never happened. Picture clipped.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    We have indeed already told the devs about the ice cream/beach ball error and it is indeed still there

Irritating I agree  but fortunately doesn't break the game 

However I will remind them  :-)

• IvyRaven (DE1)IvyRaven (DE1) DE1 Posts: 134
    New update! In the beach ball finding part of the summer event, when you find all of them on all farms, it says this: "You found all the ice cream on every farm today! Find more again tomorrow". Hmmm.... Something is wrong here, I can't seem to find out exactly what.... Just kidding. Ice cream!? I thought we were finding beach balls! Image shown below. 
    I must assume that this is on purpose. It's the same mistake in German. Or do you think they translate mistakes too? Without thinking?
    I must assume that this is on purpose. It's the same mistake in German. Or do you think they translate mistakes too? Without thinking?

This is a textual error and we are already aware about this.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    The one that bugs me most is my Doghouse.  And it's been going on for a couple years now. I like watching my dog do his tricks.  But now we have "disappearing dog" where he appears from nowhere, does his trick, then immediately disappears.  And "phantasm dog" where he operates more or less normally, but but changes to a bizarre mix of strange colors and invisible places. (sort of like you might imagine a ghost doing.)  And we have "double click dog" where he repeats each of his tricks twice.
    Someone at BigFarm needs to actually PLAY the game and set up a task force to actually FIX some things, and then conform and make uniform all the different coded versions of the game so that they don't keep breaking the same things over and over every time they "fix" or "upgrade" the game.  30 or 40 years ago this used to be known as "having some pride in your work."
    The one that bugs me most is my Doghouse.  And it's been going on for a couple years now. I like watching my dog do his tricks.  But now we have "disappearing dog" where he appears from nowhere, does his trick, then immediately disappears.  And "phantasm dog" where he operates more or less normally, but but changes to a bizarre mix of strange colors and invisible places. (sort of like you might imagine a ghost doing.)  And we have "double click dog" where he repeats each of his tricks twice.
    Someone at BigFarm needs to actually PLAY the game and set up a task force to actually FIX some things, and then conform and make uniform all the different coded versions of the game so that they don't keep breaking the same things over and over every time they "fix" or "upgrade" the game.  30 or 40 years ago this used to be known as "having some pride in your work."
    Yes quite agreed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file