Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New 4th Farm - Volcanic Island! - CANCELLED

Comments

• Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    edited 27.07.2018
    god no! don't give them ideas! they will make us pay big $€$€$ to pay for all new equipment. as much as i would enjoy seeing new things on farm,... i am fine with what i have. it already cost me arm and a leg, thank you very much.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 28.07.2018
    god no! don't give them ideas! they will make us pay big $€$€$ to pay for all new equipment. as much as i would enjoy seeing new things on farm,... i am fine with what i have. it already cost me arm and a leg, thank you very much.
    the Game is free to play, so how would that happen if they were to put New Equipment on the New Farm? , the only thing I pay for in My game is Land, and that is with in game money , I do not pay out real money for anything in My game, and as far as getting the land, I wait until I got more then enough before I even consider buying any to open up for decorations and such.
  • god no! don't give them ideas! they will make us pay big $€$€$ to pay for all new equipment. as much as i would enjoy seeing new things on farm,... i am fine with what i have. it already cost me arm and a leg, thank you very much.
    the Game is free to play, so how would that happen if they were to put New Equipment on the New Farm? , the only thing I pay for in My game is Land, and that is with in game money , I do not pay out real money for anything in My game, and as far as getting the land, I wait until I got more then enough before I even consider buying any to open up for decorations and such.
    I think Borgia was talking farm dollars. It costs a huge amount to upgrade all the tractors to level 7 on the farms we have now. New tractors for Volcano farm would also cost farm dollars, certs, and tools.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    actualy no... i am affraid, that they will make vulcano farm somehow premium/exclusive... or at least to certain extent, like with ...idk, maybe island farms. you will get access to it, but to be actualy succesful on it you will have to pay with gold(or kidney or arm or leg...)...
    because this game has changed a lot since i started with it many years ago. i understand, that employees of GGS doesn't pay their mortgage in game dung and need to make actual money, but it used to be more fun for what we paid. now they don't even try to conceal that all they care about are our money(turbo harvest button, changes in rewards for events, shortage of staff to solve problems with farm, new parts of the game that need gold- lots of gold.).
    i used to sponsor them by buying the gold every month. for 4-5 years i spent every month at least 50€ on the game(on average). that is a lot of money that i could use elsewhere. maybe for rich countries not, but when i used to work in slovakia and earned 350€ (in nursing home- hard work, long hours, bad working conditions, not that long ago- 5yrs) a month, i see money differently and every euro/pound have bigger value to me than to someone whose first wage was well over 1000€. so we from former eaastern block are very sensitive to these more and more obvious rip-offs and worry what will be next.
    actualy no... i am affraid, that they will make vulcano farm somehow premium/exclusive... or at least to certain extent, like with ...idk, maybe island farms. you will get access to it, but to be actualy succesful on it you will have to pay with gold(or kidney or arm or leg...)...
    because this game has changed a lot since i started with it many years ago. i understand, that employees of GGS doesn't pay their mortgage in game dung and need to make actual money, but it used to be more fun for what we paid. now they don't even try to conceal that all they care about are our money(turbo harvest button, changes in rewards for events, shortage of staff to solve problems with farm, new parts of the game that need gold- lots of gold.).
    i used to sponsor them by buying the gold every month. for 4-5 years i spent every month at least 50€ on the game(on average). that is a lot of money that i could use elsewhere. maybe for rich countries not, but when i used to work in slovakia and earned 350€ (in nursing home- hard work, long hours, bad working conditions, not that long ago- 5yrs) a month, i see money differently and every euro/pound have bigger value to me than to someone whose first wage was well over 1000€. so we from former eaastern block are very sensitive to these more and more obvious rip-offs and worry what will be next.
    I am hoping that will not be the case , I hope that the Volcano Farm will be the same as the other farms are as far as using the in game money, if it does turn out to be with gold, then I wont be bothering with it, Instead I will just keep working on My other 3 Farms and then when I can not do anymore on those I will then quit the game, but that won't be for awhile as I still got a ton to do on those 3 farms, so I will just have to wait and see what comes of the New Farm when it finally gets here.
    edited 04.08.2018
    We are now in August of 2018, does that mean we are getting close to a reveal of the New Farm maybe? , (OR) is it going to be yet another month of waiting for ( ANY ) possible News bout it, the clock is ticking away Game Team so only time will tell. tick tock, tick tock,  :)
  • We are now in August of 2018, does that mean we are getting close to a reveal of the New Farm maybe? , (OR) is it going to be yet another month of waiting for ( ANY ) possible News bout it, the clock is ticking away Game Team so only time will tell. tick tock, tick tock,  :)
    @ "Blue Denim (US1)" No change since our post in July 
    We are now in August of 2018, does that mean we are getting close to a reveal of the New Farm maybe? , (OR) is it going to be yet another month of waiting for ( ANY ) possible News bout it, the clock is ticking away Game Team so only time will tell. tick tock, tick tock,  :)
    @ "Blue Denim (US1)" No change since our post in July 
    Thank you for the info WascallyWabbit, :)
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I wonder if the rumors were true?  

I heard sometime back that the volcano would erupt and that parts of the island would be destroyed and require rebuilding..   
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

I heard sometime back that the volcano would erupt and that parts of the island would be destroyed and require rebuilding..   
    It would be a temporary farm if it erupted.  The moderators said the farm will be permanent so the volcano would not erupt.
  • I wonder if the rumors were true?  

@TheGabi (US1) Wow I hadn't heard that one, does not sound like something that I would like, but we can suggest it if you want lol  >:)
    edited 07.08.2018

I sure hope that does not happen, cause that would be even more costly to keep rebuilding over and over again, I for one can not afford to keep doing that, as I got all My farms to still work on, But it would be awesome if they have a tiny Section of the farm where the volcano was located like a Square section where the volcano could explode once in awhile and then the lava would vanish into the ground or hit a River flowing near it and evaporate, that to Me would be kool, :)
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I found this on the German forum, a bit of news from their community manager:

Hallo zusammen,

da diese Themen in den vergangenen Tagen und Wochen wieder vermehrt aufgetaucht sind, wollte ich euch einmal einen Status Quo Bericht zur Vulkanfarm und dem Tiefsee Rework geben.

Derzeit wird an beiden Themen nicht aktiv gearbeitet, noch sind sie derzeit in unserer konkreten Planung für die kommenden Monate aufgeführt. Dies ist jedoch keine definitive Aussage darüber, wann die Arbeit an der Vulkanfarm und der Tiefsee wieder aufgenommen werden wird oder wann diese veröffentlicht werden. Unsere Planung durchläuft stetigen Wandel und Themen können schnell wieder anders priorisiert werden. Wenn es Neuigkeiten gibt, werdet ihr dazu von uns informiert.

Beste Grüße,
    Keledar

Roughly translated:
    Both the Vulcanic Island and the reworking of the DSF have been put "on ice" for now and will not be worked on in the coming months., This is not a definitive statement, about when the work on both Vulcanic island and DSF will be resumed. The priority of planning  can change quickly.. If there is news we will let you know.

In short, I think the constant questions and speculations about the Vulcanic Island can be put on hold as well :D
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.08.2018
    @grrr (NL1)   Thanks for the info from the German forum.  Volcanic Island on ice for now.  :(

• Please see
    Announcement
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Please see
    Announcement
    The delay is not unwelcome news for some. :)  Glad they are working on some other issues first. Thanks for the update!
    edited 09.08.2018
    Well Finally some ( REAL ) News bout the New Farm, so now I can just wait and see, in the meantime I will pick this up later in the Year again if nothing has come about it then, until then I will just enjoy My game and the upcoming Holiday's , I know the Non New Farm Player's will be Happy bout this, But I won't let it bother Me one bit when they do the LOL on it nope, I am also sorry for those of Us who still have to wait yet again, Hopefully by the time the New Farm does finally Show up, I hope it will be worth the Long and tired some wait, :) . Thanks for the Real News bout the New Farm,  enjoy your Day or Evening Everyone.
  • kazhmeer (US1)kazhmeer (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    Well in Hawaii on big Island with volcano (recent eruption) there are plenty of birds, rats, mongoose, wild razorback pigs, goats, centipedes, fire ants, wild mouflon sheep and wild donkeys. (What's indigenous anymore since mankind anyway) One main staple and is famous is Taro (Kalo) which is made into poi. Can grow just about everything... Vegetables and bananas and papaya and grow good mangos and avocados besides coffee and sugar and cacao beans to make chocolate.  Just watch out for Pele the volcano goddess.  :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You didn't really expect us to forget about the promise of a 4th Permanent Farm did you?!!!
    Almost 2 years! ??
     Where is our 4th Farm!! ??
  • ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    You didn't really expect us to forget about the promise of a 4th Permanent Farm did you?!!!
    Almost 2 years! ??
     Where is our 4th Farm!! ??

As far as I remember, there has been an announcement, some time ago, in one of the long term strategy messages, the the volcanic island is defenitve NOT going to be implemented
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    It was confirmed that Volcanic farm will not happen
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    It was confirmed that Volcanic farm will not happen
    I know, the Volcanic farm exploded to bits and pieces during the last and final eruption. LOL  I understand you could see the sparks and ash fallout all around the world! Ha ha ha!
    if it's not a Volcanic one that's fine - just bring a 4 th permanent farm to that storm covered Island that was brought out with the introduction of the World map as promised over 2 years ago!
    if it's not a Volcanic one that's fine - just bring a 4 th permanent farm to that storm covered Island that was brought out with the introduction of the World map as promised over 2 years ago!
    Yes, perhaps one that is geared to garment production: Special fields to raise cotton and flax and other crops such as Jute and Hemp to convert to fabrics; sheep cotes to harvest wool and silk worm houses to harvest silk.  Rubber from the edge plants can be used in the making of boots and leather can be gathered from the horse ranch, dyes from the horse ranch plus from cherries, etc.  Since there is a building on the Village named "Timber &Textile Factory" we'd need a new type of Textile building that manufactures garments such as dresses, shirts, blouses, trousers, jackets, coats, boots, shoes, purses, scarves, Ideas are endless! Hey, Team, what do you think?
    I'm sure they thought we would forget about all about the promise of a permanent 4 th farm  o:)
     Hoping this might re spark the effort   B)
  • ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    Or even better: Just wipe it away, Let it sink in the waves. The game is already tooo big/ timeconsuming
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Why not put a new 4th farm where the Horse farm is now.

Get rid if all that new horse nonsense.  

Just wishful thinking. o:)
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    I agree, the horse ranch is totally useless, other then the mine, I (low lvl, not coop member player) have no benefits at all,  
    Well if you go to the big map, there is plenty of room to establish a 4th farm.  I have highlighted possible areas of the BF World Map.  Of course this maybe just dreaming on my part  :p   :D  

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    ljr (NL1) said:
    Or even better: Just wipe it away, Let it sink in the waves. The game is already tooo big/ timeconsuming
    Totally agree, ljr. So time consuming and frantic-paced as it is. Sure, like good ol' Dennis (remember him?) said in that video, we can pick and choose, but the game is so interwoven now -- needing to do this in order to do that, and getting points from this to help that -- it's almost impossible. We don't need more stuff unless this is the only thing we do day in, day out.
This discussion has been closed.