Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Horse competition and equipment is a joke!!!

Comments

• Breeding quality runs from 0 to 6. You would think that a higher breeding quality would make some difference as well, but this appears to be negated too. 
  • Breeding quality runs from 0 to 6. You would think that a higher breeding quality would make some difference as well, but this appears to be negated too. 

Don't be too sure, although i cannot say anything for certain, the horse ranch is very, very complicated, everything does something :D

Made by Jonquille6 (FR1)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 560
    edited 12.07.2020
    Sorry, that was a little snotty.
    Apologies.
  • sirbobby (GB1)sirbobby (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    not only have they destroyed horses challenge, but it also takes away meadow, horse ranch, both boats and temp farms.  As I have said on previous post, if not fixed they may as well destroy all horse ranch as VERY VERY VERY few will play in future and even less will spend gold to improve horses.  A whole 10 players got to Diamond this time on AU server.
    This is exactly it. Not bothering with the horse ranch means so many other areas of the game become redundant. 
    I tended to make about 15 challenges a day, pretty much every day throughout a season before these changes. On the odd occasion I have done that in the lest 2 seasons I've won 2 at the most, usually only 1. Always to a much lower level horse and irrespective of whether I bothered to equip or not. 
    There may well be an answer to it all and fair play to those trying to fathom it. For me this was a handy little distraction to play on-and-off. Not much interest now really, not exactly rewarding to repeatedly click the mouse for the joy of losing over and over. Still, the prizes are pretty naff so I'm not exactly missing out on them.  
  • Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 8,578
    not only have they destroyed horses challenge, but it also takes away meadow, horse ranch, both boats and temp farms.  As I have said on previous post, if not fixed they may as well destroy all horse ranch as VERY VERY VERY few will play in future and even less will spend gold to improve horses.  A whole 10 players got to Diamond this time on AU server.
    This is exactly it. Not bothering with the horse ranch means so many other areas of the game become redundant. 
    I tended to make about 15 challenges a day, pretty much every day throughout a season before these changes. On the odd occasion I have done that in the lest 2 seasons I've won 2 at the most, usually only 1. Always to a much lower level horse and irrespective of whether I bothered to equip or not. 
    There may well be an answer to it all and fair play to those trying to fathom it. For me this was a handy little distraction to play on-and-off. Not much interest now really, not exactly rewarding to repeatedly click the mouse for the joy of losing over and over. Still, the prizes are pretty naff so I'm not exactly missing out on them.  
    It is still mainly down to training. Occasionally I switch from Racing to Jumping because I can see that my opponent is probably worse at that. Occasionally, if I was going to just lose, the equipment will give me a win, but mainly it's all down to training.
    Like everybody else, I won a much smaller proportion of my races but I still managed to reach Diamond. It was a much closer thing, took an extra week of competition and I was doing some swift retraining on the Meadow in between sessions but it was achievable..
    Read Rowdy Racoon's "Horse Ranch Guide". It explains how the numbers are used. Train accordingly.
    The prizes are still worth the effort imo  (unless of course you use a credit card)

• muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 123
    Yeah the horses stink a bit as they are, I am finding it very boring and have pretty much given up on them for now, maybe things will be a bit rebalanced at some point.  I have instead started the island farm so I can earn some sea shells for a versatile orchard.  No lovely orchard available with the horses.

Things do get rebalanced though, when I played all the time for some years I never really noticed things being changed for the better, I noticed a lot of nerfing, like when the fish changed etc.  But after a long break I can see loads of changes since I was here that are a delight to me.  Like no architect, still can barely believe I can upgrade whenever I want.  Market contracts seem much better balanced asking for things from all the farms, not thousands of apples and pigs.  So hopefully they will sort horses so that the outcomes match the horse, I am sure they will eventually. 

I had hoped for the new farm to be here though, it was talked about to be volcanic at the time, I would love a new permanent farm to work on.
    muggle1 @ en 1
  • edited 20.07.2020
    @muggle1 (GB1)

Seems to me, that the new horse ranch is the newest permanent farm ( kind of )

personal opinion :D
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    Yeah the horses stink a bit as they are, I am finding it very boring and have pretty much given up on them for now, maybe things will be a bit rebalanced at some point.  I have instead started the island farm so I can earn some sea shells for a versatile orchard.  No lovely orchard available with the horses.

Things do get rebalanced though, when I played all the time for some years I never really noticed things being changed for the better, I noticed a lot of nerfing, like when the fish changed etc.  But after a long break I can see loads of changes since I was here that are a delight to me.  Like no architect, still can barely believe I can upgrade whenever I want.  Market contracts seem much better balanced asking for things from all the farms, not thousands of apples and pigs.  So hopefully they will sort horses so that the outcomes match the horse, I am sure they will eventually. 

I had hoped for the new farm to be here though, it was talked about to be volcanic at the time, I would love a new permanent farm to work on.
    I've been transported back heehee remembering Steve the architect, much easier now :):smiley: 
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 123
    I will send you a photo of my second son if you like @janflipflo (GB1), there is an uncanny resemblance.  Lets just say the architect and I were very close at one point, I would have done anything to upgrade my buildings.
    muggle1 @ en 1
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    I will send you a photo of my second son if you like @janflipflo (GB1), there is an uncanny resemblance.  Lets just say the architect and I were very close at one point, I would have done anything to upgrade my buildings.
    Haahaa remember it well waiting for him to turn up it always seemed like weeks :)  Please do send a photo :)
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    In challenged  37 wins and 3 loss......
    totally out off balance.....

• @Exaliber (NL1)  Not many even doing horses on AU server, I don't think.  I have not been challenged in 2 days.
    Same problem here.
    Not only do I lose most of the challenges I start, but I'm having very few people challenging ME.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,512
    Very few challenges here, as well. Too bad, used to be so much fun.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    Now in challenged 47 wins  and  3 loss
    pfffffffffffffff 
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 360
    i cannot get out of silver league with a level 180 horse that is 4th breeding quality! took me years to get him all the way up there. From platinum to silver. Well at least the name Stinkbuscuit suits him. 
     We still have quite a ways to go but at least this time I got the horse statue even though I'm (gasp) still in bronze!
    You just have to laugh.
     :D  :'(  :D

• Normally by now I have reached Diamond level.  I am in platinum now, but still need 20 wins (as long as I have no losses) and then another 50 wins to get to diamond.  In total I need at least another 70 wins if I am going to make diamond this time, after always making diamond every time with weeks to spare.  This new horse ranch is a total fail.  If my horse is struggling what chance do others have?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,597
    Well, I've seen your horse, and i'm not sure what you find of strong in your horse

but on the side note, they announced possible changes to horses :)

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.07.2020
    what so a horse that has ALWAYS made diamond with 4 weeks to spare was not a strong horse.  1 of only 9 horses (I finished 3rd on server using 0 gold) on our server to make diamond last time is not a strong horse.  This time even less are going to make diamond.  If you are saying MY horse is not strong, you are really insulting everyone else horse below mine, 99% of AU server and many other on other servers.  Where is this announcement please or is that something only Mods have seen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file