Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair Challenge update issue?

Couldn't find if this has been brought up anywhere else today, so apologies if this is a duplicate. We're having an issue in our co-op with the Village Fair challenges not updating properly. Yes, we use the refresh button, but when a challenge ends it won't let us start another until we've reloaded the game. Is this a "new feature" or a possible bug?

Comments

• Thank you all for a fast response :-)
  • laur4 (US1)laur4 (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    We're not just experiencing the starting of a new challenge, but points are not updating so need a reload to tell where you are at in the challenge.
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    New village fair, but still existing same bug.
    Can't start new challenge until browser is reloaded, and if someone else in the coop has started the new challenge then for others old challenge is still displayed in the right mini-window or in the full window.
    Everyone needs to reload browser after each challenge was finished :(
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Yes, same issue with us.   
  • edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    Same on the UK server
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    If you are going to down the servers and do a fix then get on with it, what is the dam point of having a timer ????
  • We're having the same issue once again. It even seems somewhat worse this time... US server.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 25.06.2020
    This issue has been addressed in today's hotfix.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    The clientfix which was supposed to have been done today has not fixed the problem, it is the same no change.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    BugsBunny said:

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

The clientfix which was supposed to have been done today has not fixed the problem, it is the same no change.
    BugsBunny said:

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Did you try reloading the game? The fix will only take effect after you reload the game as the hotfix was performed in the clientside.

I suggest you to hard-reload the game by holding ctrl+F5.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    BugsBunny said:
    BugsBunny said:

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Did you try reloading the game? The fix will only take effect after you reload the game as the hotfix was performed in the clientside.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
    Yes, we've tried that. Issue remains.
    edited 25.06.2020
    BugsBunny said:
    BugsBunny said:

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
    Like I replied in the other thread, please try clearing your browser cache, also try accessing the game through a private/incognito tab, and see if the issue still exists for you. Sometimes it might be necessary to clear the cache multiple times.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    is that the way the game is supposed to work? just asking
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    BugsBunny said:
    BugsBunny said:
    BugsBunny said:

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
    Like I replied in the other thread, please try clearing your browser cache, also try accessing the game through a private/incognito tab, and see if the issue still exists for you. Sometimes it might be necessary to clear the cache multiple times.
    Yes, as I replied, we (meaning various players in another chat), have tried everything you suggested. It's still happening. Not every single time, but about 75%. All of us are on the US server.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    But have you tried standing on your head while facing EAST and singing row, row, row your boat?  
    Is this bug ever going to get sorted or are we just expected to refresh the game at the end of each challenge for ever more?
  • Still issues with the Village Fair started on 8 July 2020. 
    Cannot see any challenges from p. 82 Diamond to p. 78 Platinum.
    Can only see p. 83 Diamond, and then again from p. 77 Gold.
    Other members in my co-op report the same problem. And yes, we have all refreshed several times, and used CTRL + F5 as well.
    Are they even interested in this version of BF anymore, or is it going to be left full of frustrating errors for us while they focus on making money on the "new" versions?
    This is really sad for those of us who do enjoy the game.
    The lack of comments from mods since the failed hotfix during the last VF run and the fact that it has still not been fixed does suggest they are more concerned with new things rather than fixing the broken ones
  • Well, for the moment, we dont have much more information to add on this topic

We have reported the couple issues with the village fair
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.07.2020
    AU server can't see pg 8,9 or 10 very limited on selections missing 3 pages of 12

@Bennet Drake (US1)    I feel they are just trying to destroy this game so we go play the new version, everything of late points that way.
  • AU server can't see pg 8,9 or 10 very limited on selections missing 3 pages of 12

@b@"Bennet Drake (US1)"    I feel they are just trying to destroy this game so we go play the new version, everything of late points that way.
    That's why it's sad. In this day and age there are some of us who don't have smartphones or the money to subscribe to Steam, though we still enjoy playing. It seems we will forever be outside of the "new normal" then. For now, still soldiering on because of the great folks in my co-op, and the friendships made.
  • 3rd VF in a row with issues and still issues with horses. Always getting new stuff that costs gold. Why can't they fix current issues first and protect customer base?
  • From what I've seen

Most servers have different lists of coops for the fair , and it seems to be troublesome differently on most servers

I highly doubt, that its wanted to be like that

its been reported

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
          The CoOp V.F, is still freaking out -
    I have tried all things - including CCleaner pro - This is an ongoing problem for myself and a lot of the members in the CoOp for months - it is not client sided only - First started 4 months back with the timer freezing with a few seconds left stopping me and some others from starting a new challenge - this problem was reported many times by many different players on the Us server. Now starting at the end of may this restarting the browser to continue to play the V.F, It is taking away from the FUN (AKA drudgery) of the game. 
  • Hi and some mixed news

The team are aware of the issues with the village fair. 

The missing pages isn't a high priority for a fix as there are still enough other pages that can be seen and chosen from.

The issues with things not updating was supposed to have been fixed and it did seem to have been the last time the fair ran. Clearly it's still not right though and the team are looking at it again. 

And before you ask, sorry, but I don't have any timescale for when it will be fixed.
    The issue of updating you refer to Snap, I am going to assume is the Village challenge percentages rather than the challenge clock?

If you meant the clock then I have to contradict you in so far as it was broken before the hotfixes and didn't work correctly after them.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    On the NL server challenges also freeze when finished. Only refreshing the page fixes this and it is necessary if I want to start a new challenge. 
    The hotfix at the end of June that was supposed to fix this has not solved this problem. 
  • Hi and some mixed news

The team are aware of the issues with the village fair. 

The missing pages isn't a high priority for a fix as there are still enough other pages that can be seen and chosen from.

The issues with things not updating was supposed to have been fixed and it did seem to have been the last time the fair ran. Clearly it's still not right though and the team are looking at it again. 

And before you ask, sorry, but I don't have any timescale for when it will be fixed.

So why keep running a broken event that GG knows doesn't work correctly?
Sign In to comment.