Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horses. is there a bug in it?

Michaelmn569 (US1)Michaelmn569 (US1) US1 Posts: 250
I'm only getting 1 point a day from horses.

I do them 4 times daily.

4 Days 4 points. Its not normal. Any info ?
Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on

Comments

• With all the changes that happened recently

Its a little bit harder to win when challenging

You lose a little less when challenged as well

normally, everything seems fine
  • o.k. thanks

• Michaelmn569 (US1)Michaelmn569 (US1) US1 Posts: 250
    edited 06.07.2020
    With all the changes that happened recently

There's Got to be a bug.

8 Points in 11 days.  I used to get 4 to 20 per 100 gas. Not 8 out of way over 1100 gas.

Hope its fixed or its another thing not to do. don't do alot. I' over level 300 but have some things not done since level 30.

All that time/money wasted to me.

Please if can find out fast.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    edited 06.07.2020
    Comment deleted. Found a better thread to place it!!
  • TiminuTufu (FormerMod)TiminuTufu (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 389
    edited 07.07.2020
    Well, we have inquired , and from what is known

Everything seems to be working fine
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Wons (AU1)
    They have totally changed the definition of a good horse, they use the numbers quite differently. It may be that your horse was quite good but now it's not. Having similar amounts of Racing, Dressage and Jumping is really bad news.  Rowdy Racoons original Horse Guide thread is pretty good at explaining it.
  • Michaelmn569 (US1)Michaelmn569 (US1) US1 Posts: 250
    edited 11.07.2020
    With all the changes that happened recently

There's Got to be a bug.

8 Points in 11 days.  I used to get 4 to 20 per 100 gas. Not 8 out of way over 1100 gas.

Hope its fixed or its another thing not to do. don't do alot. I' over level 300 but have some things not done since level 30.

NOTE. 
    In last 12 hours made more points than 13 1/2 Days. 60 gas only

I bet in 14 days seen 60 wins. That's 240 points. 
    same on loses. so 60 off that.
    so 180 missing which went?
    Need delete buttons for parts of the game players choose to not do. NO USE.
  • With all the changes that happened recently

There's Got to be a bug.

NOTE. 
    In last 12 hours made more points than 13 1/2 Days. 60 gas only

I bet in 14 days seen 60 wins. That's 240 points. 
    same on loses. so 60 off that.
    so 180 missing which went?
    Need delete buttons for parts of the game players choose to not do. NO USE.
    When i got on had 4 wins. Now 6 wins.   Should be 24 points.  Got 0 points on it.I average 10 wins a day. Get 4 to 8 points  only.  Should be 40 points
  • @Michaelmn569 (US1) you don't get any points from wins when others challenge you, only when you challenge others.  The messages you get on log are ONLY from when others challenge you.  This has ALWAYS been the case.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Yes there is a bug in the horseracing. Only this time not an unexpected one,but onet hat GGS put in it on purpose.
    We are no longer supposed to win any races anymore , at least no more than 1 or 2 a day.
  • Yes there is a bug in the horseracing. Only this time not an unexpected one,but onet hat GGS put in it on purpose.
    We are no longer supposed to win any races anymore , at least no more than 1 or 2 a day.
    Yes there is a bug in the horseracing. Only this time not an unexpected one,but onet hat GGS put in it on purpose.

Exactly right. Me 21 wins 12 points. Used to get tons of points. Now just wasting my time. wish could delete whole farm on horses but the mine.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, it's harder.
    I used to not bother for the 1st week. reach diamond sometime in week 4 and not bother for the next weeks.
    Now I'm having to put in more effort, try out different strategies, figure out the best way to use equipment, get my head around the new arithmetic, think through new training requirements.
    I'm enjoying it   (but yes, losing more than I win is a crock)
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    Glad to hear that at least somebody enjoying it! And I totally understand that higher lvl players needed something more challenging, but what about lower lvl players? I used to get to gold, but now I can't even get out of bronze, definitely not fun for me, especially when I lose to much lower lvl horses,
    Oh well.... what ever,
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    Yes, the horse racing is much more of a challenge than before.  My horse(s) appear to be in the lucky group as able to make diamond the last session and believe on course this session too.  From what I see seen so far, even the best horses are not at a point to do their best racing, and I believe even then, if can win 50% of the challenges will be doing awesome.  To get near a 50% win ratio in my opinion will take (1) three horses (one for each event) at or close to the 200 Level with lots of extras from the cooperative horse meadow. (2) all of the trees and buildings on the horse ranch built out to their limits, (3) being able to equip your horse with 3 pieces of upgraded equipment for most races (I haven't even used upgraded equipment to any meaningful amount at present as don't use the mine currently for horse items).  

At the present time and my rate of progress will probably take me at least 2 years to be close to meeting the 3 points noted above.  I hope to have 3 horses trained for each event near level 200 by the end of this year and further improve them next year.  Although I lucked out getting the "once in a blue moon" zero build time and make great progress on the horse ranch trees as well as main farms, it will take another year for me to get those trees all to level 4.  Once the trees all to Level 4 I'll know better how to equip my horses to increase chances of winning a challenge.  I'm more or less thinking the game will require one to equip their horse with 3 pieces of very highly upgraded equipment to be able to have a 50% chance of beating a similar level horse in a challenge.

So for now, I will continue to race my 190 to 198 level horse against 150 to 200 level horses without any equipment as likely to lose against them anyway.  This allows me to at least use most of the time 3 pieces of equipment when I challenge the horses below level 150 where my chances are better.  And make sure you view the horse in your challenge and learn which ones seem to be better prospects for winning against.

My main point is the horse racing is a different game than it was before, and if not willing to accept the changes, you are setting yourself up for much frustration and disappointment.  Accept the changes and make hay for the horses while the sun shines.  Happy horse racing all.
Sign In to comment.