Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

CC again

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I think the original plan to have part of ones score based on the total score of everybody in the mission would have helped. Being totally outclassed by somebody dropping millions of eggs in the first 30 seconds would not hurt as much if we knew it gave us some points too.
  • @Uncle John (GB1)

To be honest , There really seems to be a widely spread belief that Winning missions is an important thing

It would be really nice, if the game would track your mission results , like, how many times, you have finished #1 / #2 / #3 etc , and your total missions played 

Example, if u have to stay in a mission 30 minute, to make sure you will win it , okay maybe it would give you 150K reputation ( Fictional number )

Now, during that 30 minute, You have put numbers/decent harvests in 10 missions , that would lets say, reward average 20K per , that would give 200k Total 

Also, an example, developping your farm, so, you have an efficient/fast method to reach the shelving limit fast, while using the least possible ressource

I know, that most things that I'm talking about , is usually a little bit dependant on having a few handbooks

But, from that point of view

I'll throw one, you can try, and tell me, if it worked for you ..  Plant all normal Rutabaga + Humus ( you can try normal to start, blue if its not enough, and orange if ur short a little bit )

Normally, it will do 2 things, Gives you a fairly reasonable harvest , which will give you decent points ( no matter what position you end up , of course, if u are lucky, and finish in better position, the result will be better, but we have no control over that element, when we choose to play the speed way :)

+ Normally, you should have enough to shelve, in maybe 10-11 minutes, if i count time to plant ( time to add humus doesnt really add up , as its gonna be growing ) Maybe time to harvest will take a few more minutes

it really depends on how many fields you have :)

It would be nice, if a few players, could give us feedback, about the method, i just shared :)

Happy farming <3
    Prizes are another issue, just how many Beach Gardens do I need ???
    We now have 2 sets of prizes which is better but eventually I shall have all the Summery Manor I need
    And I only get them by being in the top 5 of gold league !!!  The rest of the rewards are worthless tat 
    Make it more like the horse tournaments, 300 gold for finishing in Silver and 700 to the top 5, 700 for being in gold, a GML to the top 5.
    Have themed buildings available to the top 5 in every league and by the time you get to gold that should be a choice of just about any themed building there is.
    On a slight tangent, make it easier to create big co-ops so that there is more competition at the top. Create the facility to truly merge co-ops, one merging with another taking all their dollars and gold and research with them.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 06.07.2020
    @TiminuTufuyour theory about winning not being important is totally flawed on small servers, there is no way in hell that I could get 10 missions in 30mins..  I have to wait 4-5 mins per mission after shelving (rare occasion I might get a mission under 3 mins) plus the time to harvest so max I would get in 30mins would be 6 but more like 5 (most I ever got was 4), not 10 so on average if lucky of 20k is no where near the 150k I do get for winning missions, BTW some mission I get almost 200k RP

Forgot, if I do a fast harvest and shelve after using a small amount of weed I still would not get 20k average
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    @TiminuTufu
    it needs 2 harvest for me to reach shelving amonts for ruta corn and flowers and with missions starting slow this way cant make 10 missions during a 30 minutes time.and anyway not everytime you get these 20k of points (corn for example gives very few) 
  • @TiminuTufuyour theory about winning not being important is totally flawed on small servers, there is no way in hell that I could get 10 missions in 30mins..  I have to wait 4-5 mins per mission after shelving (rare occasion I might get a mission under 3 mins) plus the time to harvest so max I would get in 30mins would be 6 but more like 5 (most I ever got was 4), not 10 so on average if lucky of 20k is no where near the 150k I do get for winning missions, BTW some mission I get almost 200k RP

Forgot, if I do a fast harvest and shelve after using a small amount of weed I still would not get 20k average

@TiminuTufu
    it needs 2 harvest for me to reach shelving amonts for ruta corn and flowers and with missions starting slow this way cant make 10 missions during a 30 minutes time.and anyway not everytime you get these 20k of points (corn for example gives very few) 

I think maybe TiminuTufu's point was that winning every mission is not the one and only way to get rep points and those numbers were mostly theoretical, and we must take into account that you can still get quite a bit of rep points from even getting #2 or possibly #3 in the mission.

But maybe we should focus a bit more on creating idea's instead :D
    edited 06.07.2020
    @The Best King (INT1)
    i agree with you. whats your idea on this case? :wink:
  • @The Best King (INT1)
    i agree with you. whats your idea on this case? :wink:

Which case lol?

In terms of idea's, there's my previous one, and we're working on creating a few new ones as well :smiley:
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    it used to be popular in the good old days when the cc was 1 every 3 months, again popular whet it was once a month, but id like to see who likes it twice a week.is the most popularr for GGS pocket YES i agree with that
    use the imagination,make events specifically for GF and FF separatly.create new events to alter each other and not always the same boring ones.add new better rewards  and not always same ones over and over, give us the chance to trade those rewards we dont use and stay in storage for years.find new ways to take our money at least making us a little more happier. 
    I agree with you amber3 (re: CC). But it's the same for any luxury & GGS should heed to it also. The more often it's done, the less of a luxury it becomes & so it becomes boring & people won't rush to play. That is what has been steadily happening with me anyway, it's just an annoyance more than anything to me now. I'm not a 'gold player' just like a lot of others. I used to buy some every now & then for upgrades etc... but I haven't brought any in nearly 2 years now because it's not worth it for me anymore. 
    And if GGS thinks that taking away the chances to get GML or gold from comps is going to make me buy gold, then they can just think again! Not gonna happen!! So they are losing $$ from me at least. As I said in another thread, I'll just go back to my offline games which are much more satisfying to me right now. And that's Sad! :(
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    so tired of doing CC and HW continually, both CC and HW are boring now, they better come up with a new event...this CC is way too lengthy...!  :(
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    A suggestion for rookie league is to add a gold mystery box as the 48th reward, the fully gold one will be fine. Also, double the repeated reward at its 2nd appearance would be nice, as some rewards are exactly the same, even the amount. 
  • edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    edited 06.07.2020
    Lets take a realistic look at the challenges and rewards.

FHWE - too unplayable due to the complete randomness of the fishing pools - and lets be fair, how many of us have dozens of boats sat in storage of no use to us.

HWE - is good for taking a few days of easy farming, although the prizes could be better.

CHWE - The top prize for the winning coop could do with being more of a choice. How many
    fertile gardens can we really need.

Regular CC - As many have said ad nausium, the prizes are weak for the effort required.

Masters CC - Is completely unfair to coops in smaller servers. As a member of the UK server, I can wait at least 5 minutes for a mission and could still end up in a mission on my own. Where as some in the larger servers as previously stated by others can get 3 or even 4 missions while I am waiting for my solo one.

VF - I can never work out points for this event. In a mission, I can work out roughly how much effort is required to get a good place/ RPs but in VF it's impossible to know. The prizes are good to a point, but even them, there are only so many Friendship Meadows/Candy cows/Tropical Pigs and candy chickens we can use.

If GGS are intent on not changing the rewards they offer for each competition, how about once a month providing the option to trade some of these unwanted prizes for things we do want in the trade centre.

And just for future ref, a 5 day CC is way too long
  • monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    I would enjoy seeing:

1. Shorter wait time to find a mission. 5-10 minutes is too long.
    2. The mission shelver to not count the time it take to find a mission.
    3. Better prizes for the co-op, or in my case
    4. Prizes you can win for yourself (not for the whole co-op) depending on how many points you get. We never win all the prizes for the CC because hardly anyone help with it anymore.
    5. More gold related prizes- goldflower seeds, gold mining licenses, plain old gold, gold mystery boxes.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    i see some of these  sells want mining licences where are you suppose to get enough now it is almost impossible now
    i see some of these  sells want mining licences where are you suppose to get enough now it is almost impossible now
    Yes, completely impossible but, if I consider each GML to be equivalent to 2000 gold and then look at the prices they are charging I reach the conclusion that I would not be buying any of the stuff in any case  lol
  •  i will say no matter how many times i visit the forum i always see one posting always pop up and that is CC event i personally have no problem with this event i have time on my hands where other players dont they either play a little and that is their right or they are the extreme and play all the time and have to beat everybody else just like in real life there are the have and have nots no matter what these players say or do a company that makes money in a certain way will not change for that is the way companies make money they may tweak it but i do have to say GGS should do one thing differently when a Masters League comes around they should have one server for those Master League CO-OPS and pit them against each other but they never will do that 
  • well CC is over and good grief the extra gold box for finishing in top ten in silver is down graded to a gold theme box which is worthless. things should get better not worse, next time CC is here maybe later in the day :(( I for one am not joining in the mayhem again, GET A GRIP GGS
  • I just use gold for the upgrade of my farms and refuse to for CC if all did this maybe GGS would listen, I don't understand why this game is not a level playing field for all if the big guns stopped and realised there folly how many giant ducks cows etc do you need I scrapped mine as I don't play CC 24/7 and will never again.
  • fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    Why do you have to be in the top 5 of the gold league to get a prize worth having,it's ridiculous.Can't the other leagues have decent prizes for the top 5?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Reduce how often the CC is run - the biggest complaint is the fact it seems to run every other event! Go back to having it once or twice a month with decent rewards.
  • does not matter what we say.  If there were back to back CC the ego of the huge gold buyer would not allow them to stop spending gold on it.  AND that is what it is all about, EGO as they sure as hell not spending  all that gold for the rewards.
    edited 11.07.2020
    No surprise to see the CC Countdown show up again less than 3 days after the last one. If they are determined to turn people off the game this constant coop challenge after coop challenge is sure going to do it, not that this comment will be taken any more seriously than the numerous others condemning the frequency of constant coop challenges
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294

• Poor doggy!

We have passed on that people are tired of all the CC's

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294

We have passed on that people are tired of all the CC's

Thank You.

But will they listen?
      Thank You.

But will they listen?

It's an almost certain NO on that rsny
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    Well.... all I want to say is: Don't do it! Take the 3-4 days off, that is what I am doing if there is an event not worth to do, or just too tired to do it, at least there is something going on and you can chose to do it or not,
    edited 11.07.2020
    I do that when it comes to the solo HWE Anmarie (HU1) but on coop events, everyone in our coop is expected to do their part.

Being in a top coop has it's advantages and disadvantages. This latest move by GGS to have a CoopCha every week is getting beyond annoying especially when you consider the fact it used to be once a month
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    I can see your point, you don't really have a choice do you?  well.... I was wrong, sorry about that,
    if we all stopp to do the CC for a couple of times maybe our requests will be listened.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file