Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse competition and equipment is a joke!!!

Comments

• muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    I have just returned to playing a bit after a couple of years, and the new horse stuff is really confusing.  My horse when I left the game was 105, I don't belong to co-ops so no meadow breeding.  Is anyone able to tell me why I seem to have three permanent equipments now with my horse, called a jumping head protector, cushy jumping head stall, and a creative jumping saddle girth.  I don't get it, why are they always there?  And I deffo don't get the equipment making, I have tried it but I always lose when I add equipment, I do much better when I don't? 

I am not a serious horse player, I just dabble and like to improve my horse and get a few prizes in the competitions. But I would really enjoy the making and applying of equipment if I understood it, so am disappointed I don't.  I look at the jumps I am going to have in the race, I put on the equipment it says it needs for that type of jump, but sometimes it will only use it for one jump of that type, sometimes three - I don't understand, I think it might be something to do with some things only helping if your rushes or does one of those new 'behaviours', but as that is random and out of our control why bother equipping at all?  I understand that you can breed your horse to be more prone to rush or balk or whatever, so then would increase chances of that behaviour in a race and therefore increase chance of equipment working.  But jeez, this could have been so cool, and it isn't, it is rubbish.  To get my horse winning again I would have to invest hours of time breeding for behaviours, for a small chance of a 1 second lead over a jump.  Just going to keep faffing, can't be bothered.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You're not alone @muggle1 (GB1) whether u've been here or not doesn't seem to matter when it comes to this new equipment for the horses.
     We have started to figure out that it does have to do with the enhancement's & improvements of the horses them self.
     That all starts right from the beginning of ur horses - the first pair u breed through ur stable to get a foal with hopefully an enhancement on it so u can send it through the horse meadow to improve that horses abilities.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    edited 28.06.2020
    I have to say I agree with a lot of the comments on the new horse tournament/equipment. It's way too hard to take it all in and understand what does what...I honestly was just scraping by with how it was before. I certainly didn't understand it fully then & now, pfft....it's way over my head. Maybe you could try to make the whole horse part of the game a lot easier for people to understand.
    Having said that, I do like the idea of making things from the trees, plants on the horse farm, so with the things that can be made in the workshops (could add other items not just horse equipment), maybe they could be saleable & market stall contract, boat items etc? 
    You're not alone @muggle1 (GB1) whether u've been here or not doesn't seem to matter when it comes to this new equipment for the horses.
     We have started to figure out that it does have to do with the enhancement's & improvements of the horses them self.
     That all starts right from the beginning of ur horses - the first pair u breed through ur stable to get a foal with hopefully an enhancement on it so u can send it through the horse meadow to improve that horses abilities.
    Thanks, that is helpful. My horse has high enhancements, but only two per discipline, so I am thinking the way to go might be to breed horses for specific dressage or show jumping or racing rather than an all rounder.  Where are horse meadows, are they only in co-ops?
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Horse meadow is available only in coop village, while you are a member of some cooperative. So its another drawback for those playing alone.
    Horse meadow is available only in coop village, while you are a member of some cooperative. So its another drawback for those playing alone.
    That is a shame, I have seen horses with lots and lots of slots for skills, and it took me ages to get my horse to just 6 slots, and the breeding takes longer each time to get a horse to the same level to then improve again.  I think in the meadow it must be easier, with other people's horses already at that level etc. 

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Well, I figured out what all the new horse crap is supposed to do. I played with it for a while and decided it was WAY too much trouble for WAY too little reward.  Add to that the losing almost all the time and GGS has sucked all the fun out of yet another game.
    There are several parts of BigFarm that I do not care for and participate in as little as possible -- but I have never abandoned a whole farm before.  But the horse farm is so bad now I've left it entirely.  I'm with the guy who said we need to have an option to eliminate the horses from our farm entirely.  No, reporting, no buttons, no indication whatsoever that the horses exist.
  • @Blue Denim (US1)  I think the whole idea of this update was to reduce the amount of gold awarded.  Instead of removing GML and gold as reward, just make it impossible for most to achieve.
    I agree, Dark Underworld. Very sad, but I've noticed the opportunities to win gold dwindle. When greed takes over a company, no amount of discussion from clients will have any effect.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 29.06.2020
    @Blue Denim (US1)  I think the whole idea of this update was to reduce the amount of gold awarded.  Instead of removing GML and gold as reward, just make it impossible for most to achieve.
    I agree, Dark Underworld. Very sad, but I've noticed the opportunities to win gold dwindle. When greed takes over a company, no amount of discussion from clients will have any effect.
    So true. If the company were looking at the long term, they'd realize that customer satisfaction is the key to financial gain. Instead of focusing on squeezing money from an ever-dwindling base of gold buyers, they would be looking at increasing numbers of happy players. Players who find the game fun and rewarding, who feel valued by the company, and are treated with respect are more apt to buy gold.  They should shift their attention to increasing THOSE numbers.  But that's the long-term. Short term is just looking at daily sales and bleeding their customers dry.
    Spent a couple of days reuniting with my horse and I do now get how to play, and i do actually really like growing the trees and making equipment and then matching it to different breeding influences and different jumps etc, it has a lot of potential.

But my conclusion is that currently the horse farm is a gold pit.  A massive gold pit. Too much equipment is needed per race, they need to stop the requirement to have an item crafted for each jump -it should be craft one saddle, equip for whole race.  Costs could be adjusted, make the one saddle need more materials than currently, but why one for each jump?  In a race a horse doesn't stop to change saddles at every jump.  So you can't equip your horse for a race without lots of materials growing and being crafted, and that is very very expensive and slow as a process. And the basic items, without improving it at the saddlers (which needs even more materials than the original crafting) only make a small difference much of the time anyway, they give a one second lead, or take one second offf hesitation when balking, one second for such a lot of effort is depressing and not fun.  And lets not forget that the improving would need to be done on each saddle, imagine the materials to equip a horse meaningfully in a way that will make it win races.  Sometimes there is 14 of one type of obstacle in a race, which means providing 14 saddles or boots or whatever.  For a one second lead boost on the jumps, but only if your horse takes the jump with the right behaviour, which you can't influence.  

Some of the items do give a better boost, the saddle cloths and leg wraps, but making 14 of them would take days of growing and crafting, for one race.  

To equip my horse for the last couple of days I have spent a lot of gold growing trees and upgrading workshops, and I still can only equip my horse for about 4 races a day.  And that was with considerable gold pushing to get the materials.  The trees take too long to grow.  They cost too much to upgrade. They are unbalanced and trees needed a lot are less plentiful - haven't done all the stumps, but done enough to realise that they have made t tree certain tress rarer, so again they are more likely to need pushing.  And even with all that my horse didn't have a great win rate, I won't get out of silver this tournament.  I have been away for a long time so my horse would be two years better if I had continued playing, so I get that there are horses out there I will never be able to seriously compete with, which is fine. But it would  be nice to have a better win rate, it isn't motivating to make saddles and stuff just to lose anyway.

Gold pit.  
  • Making equipment , becomes a bit more manageable , once you have transformed all your stumps into tree's

It was a key moment, from personal experience

Before that, its pretty sketchy , as it goes, you learn some pieces, that will take least of materials that takes longer to produce

And you go as it develops , Like you can produce Yellow dyes 50% faster than Pink dyes , So in theory, you can always use more boots, of the type, that requires Yellow dyes

We're working on a summary , to try to help a little bit more players toward all that
     I grew quite a lot of stumps and of course there would be more materials if I grew them all, But that would take so so long, with shields it would take so long to grow them all and upgrade them.  The other option to grow them is gold.  No dollars option.  And I did have the equivalent of all trees because I used gold to get the materials i needed, and even with lots and lots of materials I could only equip my horse for 4/5/6 races a day.  And each race and horse competitor plus your own horses's skills, mean that each race requires specific equipment, in large numbers, and it would be nearly impossible to get to situation where you have enough equipment all ready and made.  So you have to look at each race, work out what is needed and craft it.  Which takes gold, because you don't just have it sitting around.  The other option would be to take two days to plan and equip for one race whilst waiting for materials to craft the right stuff.
    The workshop buildings also seem likely to need use of gold, because they don't make much at a time, even upgraded,

I get that I will get more used to it, upgrade it, understand it more, learn the best ways to do things, how to manage growth and crafting and equipping more efficiently, I don't mind that, that is the point of playing a game at the end of a day, so I don't want it to be easy and obvious and not a challenge.  A guide is not going to make things grow quicker, craft more efficiently, or the huge numbers of items needed to equip a horse for just one race, for a average improvement in horse performance as long as your horse jumps with the right random behaviour.  

Not wanting to be negative, love the idea, have really enjoyed it and could easily become quite obsessed, but the mood will leave me if I grow one tree because I needed to save shields, and it would take weeks just to equip a horse for each jump in a race..  So I used gold, and got the idea of how it could be.  Just needs jiggling.  Unless it is meant to be a gold pit of course.  I don't have a problem with things being designed for gold spending, there has to be revenue the game to exist, and I have always been a gold user.  But I don't like being ripped off, and currently this is over the top unachievable or not worth bother with, without a lot of gold.  
    edited 30.06.2020
    And as an aside, to get shields to upgrade stumps you need to win races.  To win races you need upgraded stumps to give you the equipment you need.  Can anyone see the deadly embrace this makes?  And the solution....gold use is the only solution.  

And also, when I say 14 items for a race, that is only for one item, which won't be enough to win.  So you need to use all slots, I have 3,  So earlier I chose to focus on a red fence because there were 14 of them in the race, and I needed 42 items.  I did win that race, and I could see by the time margins the equipment did help.  but only because my horse had relevant behaviours for each jump.  Which was just luck.  Could have just as easily used a whole days production (and more, for which I used gold) to equip a horse for one race and lose.  
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
     How about an up date to display all the horse ranch currencies?! As it is now we have to open our stable to see how many of each type of horseshoes we have or go into our inventory then into our equipment hunt to find them there. All the other area's have all their currencies showing but the horse ranch.
     Then there's production cost to go with this mix of new horse stuff no one seems to have noticed. We can some what control almost all the area's production costs. The DSF & Horse Ranch ?? Now the DSF it doesn't matter if you know the chum making secret,
     & I know ur going to point out that the horse ranch has it's own currency & shouldn't matter. Why not? We have to pay - to build - to start - to improve but no way to counter the costs. Have trophies count as happiness there.
     Also a better explanation on & if the trees change, like the last reset on the trees & if so when & how long in between? Now maybe if we could know what the trees are before building them or at least a way to demolish them with out to much of a loss for building them in the first place to find the 1's we need or want.
    Data King, what is that about tress being reset?  Are my trees temporary?  That would be terrible!!!
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.06.2020
    I have ALL level 2 trees and still only win about 5% of the time, with a level 167 horse, that has been successfully trained in meadow over 250 times.  @TiminuTufu my building are level 4.  No, trees and building don't help.  My building are non stop producing.all day and night to make enough so I can make equipment.  GGS has stuffed up and made it impossible for low horse to get anywhere, high level horse like mine, that has made diamond for years, will not even make platinum next time around.  Actually they did not stuff up, totally intention to reduce the amount of gold player can earn and most players are just going to quit.  They won't spend more gold.

This time on AU server, with 9 days to go, only 8 horses in Diamond, normally 20 by now.  Next time around there will be even less again.  This is exactly what the change is about
  • @Dark Underworld (AU1)

Well level of the horse, is a kinda big factor nowadays

And it can go up to level 201

edited 30.06.2020
    @TiminuTufu how many players are going to get there horses to level 201, and breed in meadow to be able to compete in horse challenge.  without spending a tonne of gold?  Just so they can win a few more races.  You are saying level 167 is not strong enough, what chance do level 100 have of getting anywhere.
  • Its not exactly what i am saying @Dark Underworld (AU1)

Horse training and leveling up, is a kind of permanent / long-term thing

While your horse level 167 is currently good , other players can always improve theirs

Everyone usually progress

I'm certain a few players ( even if they are probably a minority, are actively improving, and we could see newcomers appearing in diamond divisions in the coming tournaments )

Also, if you look at Hall of fame for all horse tournaments, there always been steady, and new horses/players in there
  • Kens Paradise (US1)Kens Paradise (US1) US1 Posts: 50
    edited 30.06.2020
    The level of the horse is a kinda big factor nowadays????? Does not help me even when when put the extras on. Still lose 99% of the time. I think there is still only 1 person in the Diamond on US server with 9 days to go.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    edited 30.06.2020
    @TiminuTufu how many players are going to get there horses to level 201, and breed in meadow to be able to compete in horse challenge.  without spending a tonne of gold?  Just so they can win a few more races.  You are saying level 167 is not strong enough, what chance do level 100 have of getting anywhere.
    That is why it is invented on thios way. First you need more treestump to growto a tree,then you need to upgrade the tree. when you got all on max level AND your horse belong to the superclass you maybe win some races more. But please buy gold. That is the first thing. Second thing is when a superhorse may win a few races more then a lets say level 100 horse, but that level 100 horse will be loosing from under level 100 horses as they do now anywhay and from +level 100 horses they loose also. Can somebody explain me the logic of this all. Can somebody from GGS/Stillfront make a page with a REAL explanation how it realy works,or is that to much work for the high echolon of GGS. I want a bulldozer now and clean that whole aerea, not me only  a few Player names [NAME CENSORED] int server, [NAME CENSORED] Int server and me like to use that bulldozer when possible before the lunch this afternoon.

IT IS A BUST< NOOOOOO IT IS A HEIST discover the new horsefarm on Big Farm,proudly presented to you by GGS/Stillfront. You know those who are always right and never wrong. Like the DSF changes a few years ago. 

And i kept laydow a bit after our private discussion dear  Moderator,but it is obvius that more players thinking it is not a well developed,excecuted plan without given any instructions. You do not go to highschool when you are not able to read,the same with the horses throwen into deep water with somebody explain you how to swim

Edit: Names of other players mentioned has been censored, ~ BM BUGS BUNNY.
    Post edited by BugsBunny on
    edited 30.06.2020
    @TiminuTufu how can u say this insane, inaccurate statement.  'Also, if you look at Hall of fame for all horse tournaments, there always been steady, and new horses/players in there'  Our server has only 8 horses there compared to 20 and none of them are new horse, from new player, same top horses that were always there for the last few years.  With this change there will be less horses there then ever before, no new horses.

Don't forget I was 1 of the players who supported the change when it first arrived.  Until we all worked out it was only done to reduce gold to player...  ONLY REASON

BTW I improve my horse almost every day in meadow, as I said over 250 success breeding, since last bred at ranch, that takes a LONG time. how many players and how long does it take for MOST players to get 250 successful breeding in meadow?  You say long term, I say 8 years to get my level horse with NO gold and most players could work on 15 to 20 years as not many are online anywhere near as long as I am per day

I was doing a tutorial for my co op on how to use meadow, got half way done and this new change came in, now stopped as not 1 other player in my co op is at all interested in training any horses.  I use to try help any player wanting to learn how to use meadow.  Not now total waste of time.

This has to be fixed or destroy the horse ranch in total
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    @TiminuTufu how can u say this insane, inaccurate statement.  'Also, if you look at Hall of fame for all horse tournaments, there always been steady, and new horses/players in there'  Our server has only 8 horses there compared to 20 and none of them are new horse, from new player, same top horses that were always there for the last few years.  With this change there will be less horses there then ever before, no new horses.

Don't forget I was 1 of the players who supported the change when it first arrived.  Until we all worked out it was only done to reduce gold to player...  ONLY REASON

BTW I improve my horse almost every day in meadow, as I said over 250 success breeding, since last bred at ranch, that takes a LONG time. how many players and how long does it take for MOST players to get 250 successful breeding in meadow?  You say long term, I say 8 years to get my level horse with NO gold and most players could work on 15 to 20 years as not many are online anywhere near as long as I am per day

I was doing a tutorial for my co op on how to use meadow, got half way done and this new change came in, now stopped as not 1 other player in my co op is at all interested in training any horses.  I use to try help any player wanting to learn how to use meadow.  Not now total waste of time.

A very very very BIG AMEN to that Dark Underworld. Specialy 2 words Insane and inaccurate. With those words you hit the nail right on his head with Full Force. And i agree with the last line you wrote. Better during this update than beeing annoyed more time
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 30.06.2020
    I too would like them to bulldoze the entire Horse Ranch. Used to make it to the higher levels of Platinum every time and was inching my way towards the Diamond League. Just barely squeezed into Platinum last run of the event. Not even halfway up in Gold league this time. 
    When the new ranch started I enthusiastically built lots of trees, and upgraded the factories. Am so sorry I did. Every time I go to the horse farm and see the gazillion trees to harvest I get so discouraged. Ughh... then I need to build the equipment... then equip horses... then compete... only to lose 95% of the races. So much fun!  Years of breeding and training wasted. Glad I didn't use gold on them at least.
    Please can you just reset it back to the original ranch?
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
    That is why it is invented on thios way. First you need more treestump to growto a tree,then you need to upgrade the tree. when you got all on max level AND your horse belong to the superclass you maybe win some races more. But please buy gold. That is the first thing. Second thing is when a superhorse may win a few races more then a lets say level 100 horse, but that level 100 horse will be loosing from under level 100 horses as they do now anywhay and from +level 100 horses they loose also. Can somebody explain me the logic of this all. Can somebody from GGS/Stillfront make a page with a REAL explanation how it realy works,or is that to much work for the high echolon of GGS. I want a bulldozer now and clean that whole aerea, not me only  a few Player names [NAME CENSORED] int server, [NAME CENSORED] Int server and me like to use that bulldozer when possible before the lunch this afternoon.

IT IS A BUST< NOOOOOO IT IS A HEIST discover the new horsefarm on Big Farm,proudly presented to you by GGS/Stillfront. You know those who are always right and never wrong. Like the DSF changes a few years ago. 

And i kept laydow a bit after our private discussion dear  Moderator,but it is obvius that more players thinking it is not a well developed,excecuted plan without given any instructions. You do not go to highschool when you are not able to read,the same with the horses throwen into deep water with somebody explain you how to swim

Those players don,t mind to be named. 1 of them was the blackest sheep during the discucion about the DSF changes 2 years ago. And he is still banned fromthe forum. Luckely you don,t have to deal with him, he is using different words then i am. I am super polite and he can be rude. BTW those rules are only valid when it is at the favour of GGS,or am i now questioning something itchy?? Listen to the players or send the players a good information how we can use that horsefarm on a decent way. Don,t throw the players at nightime in the deep cold water. But i am sure 1 or another nitwit thought it was a good idea but forgot what to do with his idea. More or less the same as the most gouverments around the globe. Think before you act or inply something new in the game
  • @iron maiden (INT1)

Its absolutely nothing personal here , its a little bit of a strict rule, to  dont name any players

We will censor in every case we observe
  • @TiminuTufu how can u say this insane, inaccurate statement.  'Also, if you look at Hall of fame for all horse tournaments, there always been steady, and new horses/players in there'  Our server has only 8 horses there compared to 20 and none of them are new horse, from new player, same top horses that were always there for the last few years.  With this change there will be less horses there then ever before, no new horses.

Just because the horse ranch is maybe not the prime focus of many players does not mean that it's impossible.

I have recently created a horse that can and has been good enough to get into diamond league and yes, i did spend gold, but that was only to speed up the process a little bit.

There's no free lunch, if you could get rewards and gml's by selling corn, they wouldn't be so valuable, would they?

If everyone could easily get into diamond league, it wouldn't have the same... novelty, and people would get bored pretty quickly.

Although the horse ranch is complicated at best, i see no practical reason to destroy it completely.

If you would like to give a few constructive suggestions on how it could be better, go right ahead :D
    edited 01.07.2020
    @The Best King (INT1)  I did give constructive advice ages ago and no response.  I said that the defense power needed to be reduced. Low horses now are impossible to beat even for a strong horse like mine only winning 5% of the time, with fully equipped as much as  I can, I even took screen shot of a horse almost 100 levels below mine, NEVER been in meadow ( I asked the player who belonged to horse), compared to my horse with over 250 successful breeding.  .  So how can low level horse ever win, or why would the even want to try at the set up like it is now.

If you READ my last sentence it states, This has to be fixed or destroy the horse ranch in total

BTW I have the 4th strongest horse on AU server so I know what I am doing when it comes to horses.  Also ALL my trees are level 2 except 1 that is level 3.  I know what I am talking about, also note how many horse on AU server have made it to Diamond with very little time to go.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    not looking for a free meal. But better some info rather than NOTHING.  

It is to complicated even for high level players. Got contact with lots of +400 level players on the NL and INT server and they go only to the goldmine. They leave the horses for what they are,useless things in a altered game. It is not possible you loose all your races when you challenge a horse with 50 levels lowers from a friend with has no extra breeding quality,s,or has the extra goodies from the facility,s from the new horsefarm,because he has not build a facility yet. Can you explain me that??????? Or can GGS can explain me that??? That is the only thing some players like to know. But we get awnser that avoid the thruth. The horsefarm is a bust,a heist a altered game by the developers. That horseracing now is as fake as a $.95 note. Sorry but i cannot find other words for it. And still there are players using gold for that pyramid game.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    As I see it, it's as if they had introduced "home field advantage" which exists in many sports. Imagine that when you challenge another horse you are going to their ranch and competing on a track that they know well. Inevitably, they are more likely to win but, when they challenge you, they are on your home track and you are more likely to win. Yes, it has become harder to win; yes we will all finish lower than we did previously; but it is still possible to get into Diamond.  The definition of "a good horse" has changed; I've had to do some swift retraining, the necessary information is in the Horse Guide posted here on forum when the ranch changed. I was lucky, my horse did not have equal quantities of Racing, Dressage and Jumping, I am willing to lose 90% of the time if I can still get the GMLs but that's just me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file