Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Closed] Contest Suggestions!

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    We need a contest to see who can give the 1000 best suggestions to straighten out the DSF debaucle and get the uproar settled down.  The 1000 winners will each get 10,000 gold.  Then the 1000 worst suggestions would all get 1000 rakes each.  That would be fair....right?
  • Most experience points in one week?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 30.08.2017
    I think the contest would be like this
    About the new farm volcano
    What type of building were used if any player guess the correct one he/she will recieve  the  1000 gold  don't u think :| BTW I don't have any kind of info about the volcano farm 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Contest suggestion:  Whoever can come up with the best solution to help GGS fix the DSF.
  • Contest suggestion : How about a simple contest that every player that says Merry Christmas during a Christmas themed competition receives a special Gold prize of 36500 gold to help offset the super excessive amount of coop competitions that we have be forced to endure.
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
    Hello, i wish all players and moderators all the best in this time of the CORONA.

in the whole world.

with love <3
  • avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    Hi
    I have a few ideas.

1 - Deco Value

Using a image simular to the to the one used in "That's not right" you would place deco's through out the farm and players would then have to tell you the total value of deco's in each block on the grid

2 - Scavenger hunt

This would be similar to the in game version - again using the grid from "That's not right" you would hide lets say sweets through out the farm. Players would then need to give you the grid location and color of the sweet.

3 - Scavenger hunt V2

Based on the same concept as the previous suggestion, you would give payers 10 images of items such as a tractor, barrel, tree house, Lester, rain-dear. Players would then you the answers in the form of a list
    Barrel - B5
    Tree house - D2
    Tractor - A1

4 - Cross word - The crossword puzzle like the one you had on April fools was fun, I would suggest doing the same only difference being this one would have a solution.

5 - Big farm Math

This is a slightly more difficult one but it should be fun.
    How it would work is you would give images of 5 decos, as well as a number lets say 521.
    The players would then need to go to the deco tower to get the happiness value of each deco using each number only once they would use Addition, Subtraction, Division and multiplication  to get as close to the number you gave as possible. If one player got to 519 and another got to 522 the person who got 522 would win as they are 1 away

Im on the same page as you!!!! I was thinking about what to do for the contest but then I came up with the same things that you came up with
  • Howdy everyone!

I know lots of people likes contests , and I'm personally looking for idea's

Also, if u'd like to see specific things in rewards

I'm all ears :)
    Of course I would love another arty-type contest, or one like we did for the Big Farm Game 10th Birthday.  Regardless of the contest, I would love to see a flag for our farms (maybe our own choosing) be made available for the winners and for the participants (non-winners).  I know others would love gold rewards, but I think a special flag would be great!
  • Maybe a contest could have a few riddles and some images and the goal would be to answer 2 questions:

1. (not sure, you'd have to create the final riddle to be sure).

2. Something like, how many of the letter "e" did you see (in the riddles and images together), and make sure to put loopholes in the 2nd question, since the question itself should appear the easiest.

Maybe also a contest to find the best idea's for a contest? :D

Or maybe something to do with more morse code :)

And there's always the possibility of doing a bigfarm trivia contest, although if it's not real-time, not too sure what the questions would be :(

My last idea would be kinda like the football fever event, you would start with a bunch of bigfarm character's and it would work just like a soccer competition.

Every day, their'd be announced a new match between 2 characters and you'd vote for one and whichever one won (decided randomly probably) whoever voted for that character would get a certain amount of points and the person at the end of the contest with the most points would win (and some 2nd, 3rd etc place prizes of course :D
    Maybe a Sudoku type contest and you have to find the numbers to fit that are hidden around our farms.   
  • Okay :)

Thanks for output

Also , another small question?

Do you prefer more contests with smaller gold prizes or

Do you prefer less contests with bigger gold prizes? 

:)
  • monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    More contests with smaller prizes  :)
  • More contests with smaller prizes  :)
    I 2nd that! :D
    Me too!  More contest with smaller gold or maybe a farm flag instead of the gold.  <3
  • Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,242
    Okay :)

Thanks for output

Also , another small question?

Do you prefer more contests with smaller gold prizes or

Do you prefer less contests with bigger gold prizes? 

:)
    More contest with smaller prizes... Even if there's no prizes I'm happy... 
    Me too!  More contest with smaller gold or maybe a farm flag instead of the gold.  <3
  • @FarmerCli (US1)

I know someone who wants to design a flag :)

Ha ha! :persevere:
    YAY!  Does that person want to have help making the design?
  • TiminuTufu (FormerMod)TiminuTufu (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 389
    edited 19.06.2020
    No @FarmerCli (US1)

I ment, You lol Sorry :)

edited 19.06.2020
    @TiminuTufu ,Okay, if I design a flag, will you send it to the GGS artist to have a flag made for a contest winnings?  If so let me know the dimensions they would want it.  Also let me know if they want simple designs or if they want something more complex.  (p.s. I am not good at doing people's faces, but trees, flowers, mountains, I can sketch with relative ease) Note, doing more realistic bird paintings like I submitted for this last "Make a badge contest" is too much for my arthritic neck these days.  
  • WillyBigFoot (FormerMod)WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 142
    edited 20.06.2020
    This is Fantastic! I love it that you all brought back this thread from 2017 YAY
    I am all ears too and luvin your suggestions!
    I have already got some good new contest ideas from Y'all, thank you and:

Keep Calm and 
    Keep those Contest Ideas coming
     <3 
    Perhaps we can have a Poetry contest that involves farming in some way.  :D
  • Uncle Willy (US1)Uncle Willy (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    @FarmerCli (US1) Could you design me a Uncle Willys Co-op Flag?
    I think it would be great if we could have our own in game co-op playlist instead of the endless BF song along with those coop flags  :)
    What dimensions? Or can you scale it down to the size you need?  
  • Uncle Willy (US1)Uncle Willy (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    Hi FC, Yes I can Scale anything, no fear Uncle Willy is here, full of Cheer, full of something I'm sure :-)
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Now that the dairy building is out, a contest can he held that we make the available products in dairy building and bakery in real life. All participants will get the corresponding dish that they made as reward, plus some extra rewards. 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
     My contest suggestion is not for a new contest, but a repeat of a previous contest that wasn't a contest. In 2018, our former Mod, RowdyRac, had an idea of having players tell everyone how they came up with their username.  It was very interesting and a fun read. It's not easy to pick a winner for such a non- contest, so I suggest that all who participate be awarded a "What's in a name?" forum badge. We've had a lot of new folks join the community since 2018 and I think it would be fun to hear their stories. :)  Here's a link to the previous "What's in a name?" contest so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you!

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    It is something we might consider.  We do have contest though lined up for the rest of the year.  So we might look at it for next year.  :)  Thank you for bringing it up.
This discussion has been closed.