Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse competition and equipment is a joke!!!

Comments

• Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    20 races 1 win         toernooinews:  20 wins 0 loss  

Formidable!!!!!!
    edited 24.06.2020
    Edited: Removed picture with names ( Please censor names ) :)
    Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I believe part of this whole new horse racing system changes is that there are many who have taken years to develop their horses to have high amounts of Agility/Endurance/Strength. Some of these have even invested a lot of gold to do so and now find their horses are losers under this new system of racing, hence they are disappointed or disgruntled.  I have found that I must now start all over with new horses which will conform to this new way so that one day - maybe in a few months from now, my new horses will be up to running in the horse challenges and be successful.
    what is the point to add things if at the end it is always 30 a 40 sec. difference???????
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 16.06.2020
    I have changed my mind on these horse races new set up.

It must be almost impossible for lower horses to win a race.  I am having big problems now trying to win a race even with my strong horse and all level 2 trees.  The competitor level is making it unrealistic for anyone to try to do this new set up.  The more players try to beat horses the worse it will get.  By next horse challenge it will be almost IMPOSSIBLE to win any races.

Competitor level NEEDS to be removed

edit:  I have 100 fuel reward and I don't want to use it as I know all I will do is give 8 other player 2 more points towards competitor level with very slim chance to even get a win.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    two horses whit the same equipment  131 and 130,  at the end  42 sec, differences??????
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 16.06.2020
    two horses whit the same equipment  131 and 130,  at the end  42 sec, differences??????
    Don't put too much trust into the sec calculation, It seems its only made for 'fun' and I believe it does'nt show the real racetime. 

Maybe we can get that confirmed?

• Alice000 (GB1)Alice000 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    I agree with all of you above. The horse competition has become totally useless and frustrating. It's only a waste os time.
  • Hanspeek (US1)Hanspeek (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    In my opinion this tournament racing gets worse. No matter what level i challege, I loose. When you look at the stats from the opponent there should be no way that my horse should loose. Thanks for the great changes Good game studios. Really an exciting subject to keep the players interested in your games.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.06.2020
    this is how bad the new horse racing is.  I took screen shots as I was fairly sure I would lose the race as I now lose most.

my opponent was almost 100 levels lower, I have improved my horse in meadow over 250 times.  Only to get this almost every race, what chance to lower level horse have.  Note I also have equipment on. 

BTW I am in diamond now and so far only 4 others with me on AU server well below norm at this point of horse event

• It is next to impossible to win a horse race, usually use up all fuel on losses even if add equipment. I noticed that they are plugging the purchase of equipment with gold and most horses to purchase cost a huge amount of gold. Given the current situation with the horses there is no way I will purchase equipment or horses with gold. I don't have the resources these days to keep up with the bombardment of stuff i could purchase with gold .
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    If everyone is making equipment and using it then don't they cancel each other out?
    Seems to be a time waster.
    I haven't won one race using them.
    I agree with all of the complaints.
    I have gone from plat to gold with a 113 and 88 horses.  Both rare 3
    The 88 is only 10 points behind the 113.
    I race for the gold prize now instead of the gold mining certificate.
    If I don't get the gold then I am done with racing.
  • Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    Same here SirBobby, I have hit plat for at least 2 years, not this time... I have learned a lot of what is going on with the horse farm, but when I can win against a higher level horse with higher attributes and lose to a lower level with lower attributes...where does that make sense? 

it makes no sense and that's the problem.  i just lost to a horse 55 levels lower than mine even though i added all the attributes i was supposed to.  it's just become a big joke and a waste of time
  • You would think that fixing the horses would be a priority. It must be costing a lot in potential gold sales given the current situation of losing races no matter what you do. I  would think that this would discourage most players from spending gold on horses, fuel, training, etc. In the overall rankings for 2020 I am 2nd in the diamond division. With 15 days to go in the current season it is doubtful that I will make diamond division despite racing at every available opportunity and with the use of add-ons. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You would think that fixing the horses would be a priority. It must be costing a lot in potential gold sales given the current situation of losing races no matter what you do. I  would think that this would discourage most players from spending gold on horses, fuel, training, etc. In the overall rankings for 2020 I am 2nd in the diamond division. With 15 days to go in the current season it is doubtful that I will make diamond division despite racing at every available opportunity and with the use of add-ons. 
    You've been here a spell now surely you have started to notice that they GGS is never in a real rush to fix things that folks will throw gold at to do/win. The new equipment may take take us a while yet to get it really figured out.
    Know your horses very well will help a ton when it comes to making the things that will work with ur horse/s.
  • My horses use to be the most fun part of the game and I spent a lot of time with them, upgrading etc.  Now it has become so complicated that I am ready to sell them and not bother with horses.  I have tried many ways to improve them but my horse rarely ever wins a race.He use to be great and fun! There is much to do in this game and that part has become the last thing I can bother with anymore.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I'm ready to give up, seriously considering setting my horses free :( 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Well I tried to do the races one last time, and it did not matter if I used the equipment or not I still lost the races, I can only seem to use the saddles and helmets that is it, so I guess I will just do other stuff on My farms instead of the races, so I won't be able to get gold anymore, but oh well, I did however find out that I can now use the Fishing area, in which I made a boat and can go out and fish now hopefully, so that is at least something for Me to do, :)
  • @Blue Denim (US1)  I think the whole idea of this update was to reduce the amount of gold awarded.  Instead of removing GML and gold as reward, just make it impossible for most to achieve.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    I gave up asking  anything more about the horses. No questions are being answered. No theories work, no patterns of winning or losing regardless of what is best equipment. Maybe the next tutorial they are working on will be more helpful. 
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    I gave up asking  anything more about the horses. No questions are being answered. No theories work, no patterns of winning or losing regardless of what is best equipment. Maybe the next tutorial they are working on will be more helpful. 
    Do you still believe in Fairy-tales and Santa Claus?? It will not be better,and GGS will not admitt that they made a huge mistake. They never did and will do. But i am very glad that more player having their eyes finaly open.  And off-topic. They have shorten this FHWE by 24 hours give or take. Another event ruined
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I have stopped playing the horse races, this is way too time consuming and for no joy whatsoever.

In fact 'this and all that'  has demotivated my whole game. 
    I have gone from 'always logged on' till barely logging on twice a day, just to repair the coopboat.
    Sad part is;
    They will not offer any solutions until next month, when they have closed yet another fantastic quarter - and then it starts over ...
    Sigh

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 27.06.2020
    Do you still believe in Fairy-tales and Santa Claus?? It will not be better,and GGS will not admitt that they made a huge mistake. They never did and will do. But i am very glad that more player having their eyes finaly open.  And off-topic. They have shorten this FHWE by 24 hours give or take. Another event ruined
    There exist two versions of the FHW event, a three day one and a four day one.
  • Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 27.06.2020
    I am trying the second tournament since the massive overhaul of the horse farm. 
    I have been in platinum every time since 2015.  After the change I got into gold.  This time halfway into silver. It is not worth the effort into doing the math this round but winning around 5% of the time.  My horse is 135 and have competed only twice against a horse my level and zero above my level.  Almost all the horses I lose to are 100 level or less.  
    Before I give up on the new fiasco and mathematical homework assignment I decided to give it the second chance. Going to tough out the last days of this competition then dumping the frustration and total waste of time of competing. 
      I am sure there are many that love the new changes and the huge time involved in setting up to compete. I am not one of them. The horse farm was the best farm in game since it was relaxing and very straight forward, your horse you will win more against lower level horses.  Losing to a horse on a regular basis 50 levels below you make no sense regardless how many stacks of saddles and how many boots you wear.  Now levels mean next to nothing just dumping the time into pilling gear on the horse.
    I feel for those that spent gold on higher level horses.
  • Same here - used to get to platinum but now hovering between Silver 3 and 4. Stayed more or less on same points for last 3 days. Totally given up as has rest of my co-op. Certainly not going to spend gold on horses any more!
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Are there any limits in horse training in horse ranch?
    I kept training my horse on strength, endurance and dexterity attributes and it was increasing percentage on horse rushing behavior. But now its stopped, training on strength, endurance and dexterity is not increasing horse rushing behavior any more (current stats: balking behavior 22-25%, normal behavior 28%, rushing behavior 47-50%).
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    That is interesting. By "training my horse on strength, endurance and dexterity attributes" do you mean increasing the horses levels ?
    I was under the impression that increasing the level made the horse quicker and it was increasing the breeding effects that altered the percentages. Having said that, my top horse is at 46%, I will keep an eye on it and see if I can get it past 50%.
    edited 27.06.2020
    The highest level horse is not necessary the fastest at the finish line. Training on leveling up gives your horse to be a milliseconds faster at any obstacle with any behavior, but if my horse has better percentage on rushing behavior than yours, probably he will win more often. 

Strength, endurance and dexterity attributes are those with small green arrow up in coop horse meadow (other than horse with green arrow signs)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, we are both on the same page  (the original horse guides have always used "Attribute" to mean level and "Effect" for the ones you are referring to). I was just making sure I understood your terminology  :¬)
    The possibility of a ceiling at 50% had not occurred to me.
    Just finished one more training in horse meadow, now on Racing breeding effect. And it decreased horse rushing behavior on Dressage and Jumping competitions, but haven't increased rushing behavior in Racing competitions :(

I still think that there are some training limits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file