Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse competition and equipment is a joke!!!

Comments

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    edited 10.06.2020
    Ah... so in order to win consistently we have to breed in the horse meadow.
    Thanks much, I won't worry about the racing then. (I tried a few times and have little luck breeding horses.)
    Thanks again, WillyBigFoot!

Yes and you will continue loose from horses 40 or more levels lower than the level of your horse is. So they can give you a link how to do it. But that is more occupying theraphy as the most of us know.
    A84year man,with a amputated left underleg old on beach slipper never can beat Leo Messi in a game of football. But that seems not getting in the head of some people. When there could be 1 part of this game honest,it could be this part of the game. But honestly is far to earch  on the horsefarm also
  • TiminuTufu (FormerMod)TiminuTufu (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 389
    edited 10.06.2020
    Sorry, but we're trying to help, with what works, and what to do

If you refuse to bother trying to learn how it works, I'm sorry, we can not really help more

We're open to more questions, and help that would take more time, individual support, if u want

Now, if u absolutely dont want to learn, and just say its complicated and you decide to give up, it is your choice

Horse Ranch is like most events in the game, there is nothing mandatory to play/participate in  if you feel it is'nt for you

If you refuse to bother trying to learn how it works, I'm sorry, we can not really help more

We're open to more questions, and help that would take more time, individual support, if u want

Now, if u absolutely dont want to learn, and just say its complicated and you decide to give up, it is your choice

Horse Ranch is like most events in the game, there is nothing mandatory to play/participate in  if you feel it is'nt for you

THe fact is when you use those so-called improvements for the horse,the results are worse. with those caps,saddles or whatever it does not help. But that is why some players including me like to have a bulldozer,to flatten out that Exciting,New Revamped,Overhauled horsefarm where it is WITHOUT having a green square in the righthand taskbar.

It is not that the players don,t want to learn,no the HATE the new things incoorporated things on the horsefarm. 
    I know you like to help,so try to understand that with the feedback wich is given by the player GGS needs to listen. But that is to-much asked i guess.  But on the otherhand you are new as a cm and still very optimistic. But the last year the cm,s are flying in and out more frequent as aplane on JFK-airport,that will be having also a reason don,t you think so???  o:)o:)o:)
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    wooow, tututofu, i don't like yer comment at all
    saying people don't wanne learn, what the heck, nice way to serve people
    now thinking, like, keep monthly budget $220
    or.......hmmmmmm.......tone it down to $0000000000000 each month
    hubba hubba what to do ??????????????????
  • kevbert (GB1)kevbert (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    I was really hoping that taking the time to work out for myself what GG should have told us would help, but it has not helped understanding it.

Basically The equipment will either reduce the time you take on each obstacle in balking or rushing, or increase your chances of rushing.
    Great.
    The problem is that it does not work.

You put all the equipment on that increases your rushing probability. Upgrade it with metal as much as possible, and you get a (fanfare and tickertape) 8% higher chance of rushing.
    What is even worse, is you get so few dye from your trees in comparison to the requirement, you can only run 1 or two races per day even hoping to put that extortionately expensive equipment on.
    The icing on the cake is that I am still, consistently losing more than half of my races using all of this expensive equipment, to horses 10 to 20 breeding levels lower than me.

Unless they alter the parameters for dye production or using the equipment sharply, there is simply no point to using it. Although I understand how the equipment works, it is a waste of time. The whole point of the equipment is to give you a clear advantage. Especially when it is so expensive. This simply not true, and has ruined the game.   
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 11.06.2020
    my horse is level 167, been bred in meadow 237 times successfully, I know how to outfit my horse to win a lot.  I just got beaten by level 87 horse, that I challenged, but did not worry about it and went on to next race after shaking my head.  I will probably be diamond level soon as I am platinum 1 now just waiting to get that 50 wins (wish there was a counter ).  Outfit horse correctly and way above the other horse NEVER guarantees win, just increases probability. 

then I go to my message and see this.  I almost cried....lol  Just got to hang in there it balances up eventually

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    I was really hoping that taking the time to work out for myself what GG should have told us would help, but it has not helped understanding it.

Basically The equipment will either reduce the time you take on each obstacle in balking or rushing, or increase your chances of rushing.
    Great.
    The problem is that it does not work.

You put all the equipment on that increases your rushing probability. Upgrade it with metal as much as possible, and you get a (fanfare and tickertape) 8% higher chance of rushing.
    What is even worse, is you get so few dye from your trees in comparison to the requirement, you can only run 1 or two races per day even hoping to put that extortionately expensive equipment on.
    The icing on the cake is that I am still, consistently losing more than half of my races using all of this expensive equipment, to horses 10 to 20 breeding levels lower than me.

Unless they alter the parameters for dye production or using the equipment sharply, there is simply no point to using it. Although I understand how the equipment works, it is a waste of time. The whole point of the equipment is to give you a clear advantage. Especially when it is so expensive. This simply not true, and has ruined the game.   
    Welcome to the world of complainers about how the horsefarm has been busted with those new things. And still there are people out-there they say and i quote. WHEN you do not want to learn etc etc etc.And believing that the New Horsefarm does work,howmany screenshots,complains and whatever they need more. I think it is good that the CM<s are thinking they do something good. But as with the change a few years ago with the DSF it is a waste of time to complain about,so i rest my case. When i start the possibility is that our new CM,s are starting to leave very soon again from the forum.
    wooow, tututofu, i don't like yer comment at all
    saying people don't wanne learn, what the heck, nice way to serve people
    now thinking, like, keep monthly budget $220
    or.......hmmmmmm.......tone it down to $0000000000000 each month
    hubba hubba what to do ??????????????????
    Wish everybody screw their budget down to 0000000000000 every month. I do it and a few friends of me did the same. They spend the money on a PS$ and a new game everymonth and they are way more happy then sending it to people who don,t seems to understand that when the goldbuyers are gone,the game is gone also. They are not killing the goose with the golden eegs. No they are starting pulling the feathers out of the goose,but at the end you cannot pick any feathers from a skin naked goose
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I agree! the Horse farm is a joke. GGS ruined something that was once fun....now I am just frustrated more and more with each lose. I lose more than i win and can barely stay in the level that I had no problem getting to in the past. The equipment rarely helps me win. So much time is spent making it and equipping the horse, it is not worth! it.
    Yup I agree 100%.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    It's different but it's not all doom and gloom for me. I am still moving up, admittedly not as fast as I used to, but I am still moving up. I certainly win fewer challenges than I did but, on the notice board, I hardly lose at all which means I am losing far fewer points than before.
    I feel that part of the problem is that they have completely changed the way the horse's attributes and effects are used. There are players with horses that used to be really good but are now mediocre but equally, there are players who's horses are were just average but are now much better.
    It seems to be down to the mix of Jumppower/Speed/Dressage. Horses with only one of these do better.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    edited 11.06.2020
    @TiminuTufu
    we want to learn, but i also dont want to take statistics uni degree to find out how horses works. my simple question is: how is possible that my horse lvl 131 after adding these great new stuff added for races still loose agains a lvl 25 horse?
    no matter what i add no matter what kind of competition i choose or what opponents lvl horse i select i keep loosing over and over.
    oh and another comment but thats tastes. those trees are so ugly.
    and again most of the players commenting in these thread are experienced players, with lots of years playing these game, some i know from my server the others from forum and i belive all of them are keen to learn as i do bit when all these players complain maybe just maybe is not the fault of our desire to learn but is the fault pf GGS .im only ssying...
    Post edited by 12EB23 (INT1) on
  • @Dark Underworld (AU1)

There is a counter, its very subtile / hard to spot 

Its when u actually select your opponent, that you should see it , Let me see, if i can show you a screenie ( Took me quite a while to find it )

• Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 11.06.2020

This is a typical GGS/BFG comment/attitude and it seems that they have already brainwashed you! What part of the "Customer comes first." do you not understand? It is because of comments like this that I refuse to spend REAL money on a FALSE game that has hidden agendas and attitudes. You say it is my choice, ok I will take your advice and it is my choice to never ever spend 1c on this game or any other game produced by GGS. Thanks for the tip!

GGS/BFG created the new horse farm without any instructions in the first place so it is not up to us to have to deal with attitude or to try and figure it out or come up with our own manual by trial and error. Would you buy a new and unknown product without a clue as to how it works? I doubt it!

As "Moderator" you should be the gateway between our community and GGS/BFG and not some GGS/BFG puppet. The word moderator means: an arbitrator or mediator which is exactly what you should be doing 

Edited*; Removed the part with accusations on our behaviors

Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
    edited 11.06.2020
    @Fallen (INT1)

I will gently recommend you to read the Forum guidelines here

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184259/community-guidelines-2018#latest

If you want to discute our actions/decisions, with a community manager , you are welcome to do so

We always value your opinion, you must also understand, that you are not a king, as customer, and threatening to not buy or to encourage a boycott is against the rules , and can be removed at our discretion

If you think you have been over-acted by any moderator, we can have a group chat with any community manager, whenever it pleases you

If that is what u want , let me know , you shall know, Im an extremely tolerant and patient person, and will let go that accusation of being a dictator , or having an ego trip , but you shall take note , that i will not tolerate that very long, Thank you for understanding :) And have a nice day
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    @Fallen (INT1)

I will gently recommend you to read the Forum guidelines here

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184259/community-guidelines-2018#latest

If you want to discute our actions/decisions, with a community manager , you are welcome to do so

We always value your opinion, you must also understand, that you are not a king, as customer, and threatening to not buy or to encourage a boycott is against the rules , and can be removed at our discretion

If you think you have been over-acted by any moderator, we can have a group chat with any community manager, whenever it pleases you

If that is what u want , let me know , you shall know, Im an extremely tolerant and patient person, and will let go that accusation of being a dictator , or having an ego trip , but you shall take note , that i will not tolerate that very long, Thank you for understanding :) And have a nice day

1) Perfect, might I suggest you point EXACTLY which rules/guidelines I have broken. By point and clause number. (I have studied them before)
    2) Our opinions are not valued here at all, only our REAL money is. I can do what I want with my REAL money and please point our EXACTLY where I suggested a boycott or discouraged anyone else from spending money?
    3) A group chat? Exactly how will that help when it is a classic case of US (GGS) versus THEM (players)? If you cannot read what the community is getting at then it is pointless.
    4) You might be an extremely tolerant and patient person but guess what, so are thousands of your customers/players! We have been very tolerant and patient with GGS/BFG for years and most of our requests have fallen on deaf ears. It's a two-way street.

GGS/BFG have an excellent product but negate all progress with a bad attitude and that at the end of the day is the REAL issue.

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 11.06.2020
    @TiminuTufu thanks for screen shot
  • @Fallen (INT1)

Community Guidelines. Under Behavior and Consequences. #9, it is not allowed to call for a boycott of purchases.

I think this is a silly rule, however, it is a rule.
    edited 11.06.2020
    @Fallen (INT1)

Community Guidelines. Under Behavior and Consequences. #9, it is not allowed to call for a boycott of purchases.

I think this is a silly rule, however, it is a rule.
    . Well it seems that the rules are only working to 1 way. The way GGS and BF thinks it is most easy for them. 

And my opinion is that the horsefarm is a big bust. Just my 2 cents and my opinion,not hating or use bad words to ventilate my disapointment about the lack of use of the Feedback many players have given for many years. Strange that we don,t recive the GGS client survey about big farm anymore?? Or did nobody noticed that??

Edited : Further issues to be discussed in private please , thank you
  • As , on the topic of the thread a little more

Me and Willy, are currently working a little bit on a more simplified tutorial for all equipment and strategies

it should happen , in the coming weeks ( if everything goes as planned )
  • Buba (HU1)Buba (HU1) HU1 Posts: 171
    edited 12.06.2020

The trouble is not with the players knowledge, but with the concept of new horse racing. My peers and my knowledge are adequate, we understood and we know how to use the Horse equipments.

We play daily! That's why we can tell you what's wrong.

The New Horse Race doesn’t work realistically. It does not take proper account of the characteristics of horses that have been acquired over the years.

Raising the the "competitor level" gives a disproportionate advantage to the opponent. All the more so because the player does nothing for this advantage.This is the worst possible message: Do nothing, gain a lot.

If I train my horse with great effort, I will lose the competitor level I have gained so far! Message? See above.

When I train my horse in the horse meadow, the competitor level sometimes increases, sometimes decreases. I look forward to reading a logical explanation of this.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/203794/horse-ranch-guide/p1

"Hint:  The attributes of the horse will determine exactly how quickly (or slowly) the horse will pass each obstacle or track. Training your horse will increase its performance (speed). "

Reality does not show this! Based on our experience so far, lower level horses have less balking behavior then as (200 lvl).

Benefits provided by competitor level and horse equipment are out of balance.

After a while, higher level horses will also reach competitor level 10. Then they can't even beat each other!

Post edited by Buba (HU1) on
  • willeke (US1)willeke (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    I have not won 1 race in 3 competitions since they added the horse equipment. I usually win 1 or 2 races. The slots available for equipment is bare minimum. You must pay 20,000 gold to open more slots. This is a gold grabber which means $$$ for GGS. I guess this is the end of this farm..:((

Here  the  same     i  stop   the  horse   races   etc.   and  the  equipment   also  
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Gee, so sorry I offended because I thanked someone for pointing out the way to win is one I don't do well, and so I am not going to do it.
    I thought I posted nicely.
    -
    -
    -
    So be it.
    @TiminuTufu
    im patiently waiting for an answer to my question on how is possible that my horse lvl131 have lost against a lvl 25 horse?
    please explain it to me so i can learn
    edited 12.06.2020
    Well, i dont know if u remember the old Horse system 

Where you had % to win

And I dont recall ever seeing any race having 100% to win , or maybe it was possible?

But even if u have 99.99% chance to win, you can still lose

Your horse having a terrible streak of luck, and the low level horse having the race of his life, and rushing non-stop

By personal experience, when i was severly overmatching opponent, i had at best 90% ish chance to win ( if i remember correctly )

• @amber3 (INT1)
    The answer is luck. High level increases your chance of winning, does not guarantee.
    If you challenge someone, you can scroll through the results at each obstacle to see the time it took and the chance of that happening.
    It is always possible for a lvl0 horse to beat a lvl100 horse, it just needs an insane amount of luck
    thanks for the answer. than im not going to bother anymore with horse equipments and trainings. ill sit and pray for some luck
  • Well, not using equipment is definetely gonna be much lower % to win

• ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    Sigh...I've read through this whole thread, read the simplified guide to new horse ranch, read more stuff and then read some more.  Still don't know what the restrictions impact usage of boots, etc. when equipping (I mean NOT being able to) horse.  With all the reading, I take away that it is just plain confusing, lots of "not understanding" whether information is simple, difficult, complicated or just something in between...the end result is horse ranch/racing NOT FUN ANYMORE.  What are the ingots for again?
    with ir withoyt equipments i have 3 days in a row without winning a race, bad luck i guess.used to get always in platinum, now i cant even get in gold yet.wrong alignemt of stars probably
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    with ir withoyt equipments i have 3 days in a row without winning a race, bad luck i guess.used to get always in platinum, now i cant even get in gold yet.wrong alignemt of stars probably
    See my post above, 11/6/2020. What effects does your horse have that are not Strength, Agility or Endurance ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file