Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• Having breeding effects of the same discipline is now quite important

Your breeding effects will now improve your % to Rush/ % to Balk  , positively for the said discipline and negative for the other 2 disciplines

So you will want to have all your breeding effects affecting positively the same discipline, for better results
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    What I don't get is why does GGS Horsestrategy needs to be a secret.?

How about you roll it  out, so at least we have a chance to figure out, whether the horses we have are of any use, or not ?
    You (probably) made some calculations, how about you sharing some of those?

What's the odds here:
    Level 121 horse with level 5 exceptionel/rare breeding  vs  regular lev 50?
    and
    Level 50 regular against  level 121 w/lev5 exceptionel/rare breeding.

Can it be true, that the big lev horse loses defending race by 80secs, or is the time showing on the report, only for 'show', and not a 'real' calculation?

-In case it's a 'calculation', how many races of 100 will either side win? (Challenging/defending)
    -In case it's for 'show' - okay, that's what I thought and that part makes sense then...- but why not tell us, so many are frustrated about that part in specific.?

I love puzzles - just dont like unfair puzzles or when bricks are missing and especially don't like when the rules are changed underway.

It doesn't seem right to make such a big change without some kind of documentation for what you have done, and what it means for the players and from what I read here, some of the horses has been worked on for many years!

Time out, please!

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    1/ There's a lot more than level to how good a horse is (and there is some random chance in there too)
    2/ Those two are related. If you are winning when challenged, then the person doing the challenging is losing. Just like you do when you challenge. It's the same for all of us. (and you are winning something by getting to keep the points that you would have lost if they had won)
    3/ Offensive equipment and defensive equipment are not the same are they? When other people challenge you they will see your horse with 3 items for every jump (and I suspect that it is this which is causing the shift discussed at 2/ above)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Can anyone tell me why my horse with equipement for the outlined obstacles, is faster at these obstacles (4.88s vs 6.01s and 10s vs 13s) and still my opponent wins?

because he was faster on the others ?
    You picked up 3 seconds on those 2 obstacles but he must have been more than that ahead of you after the 1st 3 that you don't show.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    because he was faster on the others ?
    You picked up 3 seconds on those 2 obstacles but he must have been more than that ahead of you after the 1st 3 that you don't show.
    Maybe you are right...I will check the next time
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 09.06.2020
    i dont like the adjustmenst to the old horse farm, the only thing what counts is buying more and more en more gold for ggs. that is the only thing that they want.

i stopped the racing, i just click and click and click, winning is just a way off spending your gold.
    Sure they need money to make the game, but everything the "adjust" is costing big time gold and the other side off the adjustments they make is because we players did find an way too get some benefit of it, so they need too end that. boy what a shame
  • avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    I have problems to understand the whole new horse ranch, what's idea of it?
     We collect horsecrests, with horsecrests we build trees and factories and produse equipments for workshop, then we put those things for the horse and we race. We win more horsecrests and then we build more trees and upgrade those factories. And again we put things for the horse and race and win horsecrests and then we build again and race again and win more horsecrests... 
    Ok, we get also other prices, but before this change those prises were there allready...
    This new farm seems to be like closed economy system, we get currency, wich is totally worthless for all other farms, you can not change it to other currency, you can only build trees and factories in horse ranch.

Edited*: Please, Be careful with political references
    As far as I can figure, you are 99% correct - this is the way it is supposed to be. Reality is many of us seem to be winning fewer races, building times are too long and nobody can figure out how the whole thing is working. 
    Chronically imbalanced, little reward and very little fun. 
    I
    I sorta understand what you are coming from. 
    How do you get to the horse farm?
  • daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    I have lost all interest in the horse farm now.  I hate the messy look of all the trees.  Why can't I arrange that farm like I can all my other farms.  I am definitely not going to use time in the mine to make horse things when I could be making gold or money.  GGS doesn't want us making gold when we could be buying gold.  The incentive to race is gone.  
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    here the same issue 
    horse 131  against horse 94
    and still loose whit 32 sec different
    ridicules!!!! 
  • I was hoping to see defense equipment backed down to 1 per obstacle, 3 per is stupid at the benefits. I want to suggest making challenger equipment better, but that would defeat my plan not to use equipment.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 19.06.2020
    Thank you Willy for simplified tutorial. My horses used to be set all for each it's own discipline but then I followed CBF's My Champion when breeding and training them up. So, to clarify that I understand, My racing horse doesn't need endurance or strength? Jumping horse doesn't need agility anymore? Even though in the first tutorial the attributes such as strength and endurance decrease balking behaviors and increase rushing behaviors,which are good I believe. So would our horses still need those in addition to/instead of   all jumping attributes, or all speed attributes. IS ANYONE ELSE NOT ABLE TO USE SAY JUMPING EQU. FOR A JUMPING COMPETITION BECAUSE YOUR HORSE DOESN'T HAVE ENDURANCE OF +1 ANYMORE BECAUSE OF THE NEW SHORTENED TUTORIAL??? SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, JUST Hoping for some type of Mod response
    I appreciate your time

Post edited by 24K Mayhem (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    For those still trying to get a good/great horse have a look here

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/Data%20King%20%28US1%29
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    edited 11.06.2020
    Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head, "Endurance/Agility/Strength" attributes and effects are all beneficial but what we really don't want is Jump power and Speed and Dressage. As I understand it, in any discipline, one of these counts for us but the other two count against us. Breeding to minimize this effect will take me some time  :(
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Not according to the original Horse Ranch Guide that RowdyRac posted. It says

5.  Breeding Effects

a.   Strength

Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Blue Ox-Fence”, “Sand Heap”, “Flower Bed Volte”

and similarly for Endurance and Agility.

So far in my retraining this has proved to be correct  :¬)

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    edited 11.06.2020
    If you say so but I am still finding it to apply. :¬)
    Have you tried writing down your horse's numbers, running it round the meadow and taking the major effect, and then comparing the new numbers ?
    Yes, and I find that when I say complete the sequence of stuff to build up the love meter in Agility, I get a horse that have over 100 genes that I can distribute to the new colt and lever up the one for Agility and then the overages to the jumping power, I find an increase in the jumping power number whereas the increase in the Agility applied to the overall horse's stats and not to the Agility attribute in the breeding effects tab.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    So what could happen - horses get so strong at defence that no one is winning the races to move up the ranks and no one gets to the diamond league.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • TiminuTufu (FormerMod)TiminuTufu (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 389
    edited 12.06.2020
    Defense wins championships! :D

Sorry I'm a sports fan , and its a pretty popular expression :)
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    But by changing a horse to all of one attribute, then some of the equipment for the competition for that attribute is not usable! why ???
  • hello forum...

the new horse thing isn't funny... much to complex...

i understand that you as bf want to ad something new to te game... this doesn't... takes the fun out of the game...

i think that only a small group will like it... and that's not what you would like for you're players...

for instance... the saddlery has way to little storrage...

greetz... vogel

• Okay folks, At this time

We would like to dig/retrieve a bit more info about Diamond league for horse tournament

Please, Say on which server you play, and how many are currently in Diamond 

Thank you for your help :)))
    edited 21.06.2020
    Really? All the confusion and contradictions in and about the two different horse tutorials posted. All the confusion with the horses in general. All the races where a L~10 horse with little attributes can beat a L105 horse with a lot of attributes... and how none of it makes sense. We have been putting together a "horse tut" to simplify, but when no working theories or sense comes from any of it, All of this is very frustrating. And all we get is to dig deeper for those in the diamond league? Those are the ones that are spending gold to get there, so they matter, does anyone else? Apologies for the negativity, but comeon!  The lack of communication here is beyond infuriating! I have to wonder with the two contradicting tut"s posted how much GGS understands their own "debacle" creation
  • Red Wolf (HU1)Red Wolf (HU1) HU1 Posts: 119
    Hungary  4
Sign In to comment.