Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Ponder Pool, with Hunter - What's your animal power?

CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
edited 08.10.2018 in The Chicken Coop
Google's a wonderful thing, but sometimes I don't want to know what Google knows (since it knows everything). I want to know what other people know already, what people think and what ideas spring to mind. So with that in mind...

I've been pondering, if you could have any animal 'superpower' in the world, what would it be? What I mean is, some ability that a real animal has which you wouldn't mind, or would get some use from. As an example, let me tell you of a simple wish of mine.

Dolphins live underwater. No shocking news there right? But they breathe oxygen like any good mammal does, but living in an environment where gaseous oxygen is a little few and far between they need to surface for breaths of air now and then. Surely though, this would be a big problem when trying to sleep! Well, not for the Dolphin! The Dolphin is one of a few creatures who are able to sleep on half at a time. This means they can send one half of their brain into a rest state while the other half stays conscious enough to swim up for air and make sure their sleep isn't disturbed.

"Sorry, I'd love to help but right in the middle of a leaping nap"

I for one would love to be able to sleep just enough of myself to get the rest I need while being able to keep awake at all times to do the important things, like eating pizza or playing Big Farm late into the night. Sadly I am not a Dolphin, but don't you stop me from dreaming! Especially one half at a time.

So, what power would you pick? Think of your favouritest or the weirdest animal you ever did saw or hear about and let's discuss which power is the best power!
Post edited by CM_Hunter on

Comments

• I haven,t seen it,but i heard a lot about it in my coop. The famous GGS bug: It has the superpower to let everything go wrong or getting slowers everytime there has been a big event introducend in a famous farming game. More the Mr Donald Trump of the virtual world. :))))))))
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I haven,t seen it,but i heard a lot about it in my coop. The famous GGS bug: It has the superpower to let everything go wrong or getting slowers everytime there has been a big event introducend in a famous farming game. More the Mr Donald Trump of the virtual world. :))))))))
    Oh my stars! This is so funny and I laughed and laughed. But I really don't think this is what CM_Hunter had in mind.  So my question to @CM_Hunter is: Are these "super power" creatures to be like real live animals or other creatures from other realms, i.e. Angels?  Angels are available 24/7 and can be anywhere.  They have limitless energy and have powers unknown to mankind.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    FarmerCli (US1) said:
    Are these "super power" creatures to be like real live animals or other creatures from other realms, i.e. Angels?  Angels are available 24/7 and can be anywhere.  They have limitless energy and have powers unknown to mankind.
    Oooooh, that's a good one! I was thinking more existing creatures for now but maybe that could be a future ponder. With Halloween coming up it might be nice to know who's an angel and who's a devil  o:)>:)
    CM_Hunter said:
    FarmerCli (US1) said:
    Are these "super power" creatures to be like real live animals or other creatures from other realms, i.e. Angels?  Angels are available 24/7 and can be anywhere.  They have limitless energy and have powers unknown to mankind.
    Oooooh, that's a good one! I was thinking more existing creatures for now but maybe that could be a future ponder. With Halloween coming up it might be nice to know who's an angel and who's a devil  o:)>:)
    Hee Hee!  Thanks for clarifying.  I will be pondering, but for now I think of the Orca whales. But Orcas are not as adaptive to captivity as are the dolphins, though they are as smart and have similar capabilities.  The movie, "Free Willy" has probably a big influence on my thinking.  o:)<3B)
    Hee Hee!  Thanks for clarifying.  I will be pondering, but for now I think of the Orca whales. But Orcas are not as adaptive to captivity as are the dolphins, though they are as smart and have similar capabilities.  The movie, "Free Willy" has probably a big influence on my thinking.  o:)<3B)
    We'll assume you're Free as Willy and not all cooped up for this one. 

Oh so many memories flooding back  <3 I owe you one nostalgia :smiley:
    Yes, yes....free as Willy!  No coop for Willy!  :D<3
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Hmmm..... an animal with a superpower? How about immortality!?  Turritoppsis dohrnii, also known as the Immortal Jellyfish, can theoretically live forever! :o How can they do that? They can age backwards!!!!!!!

Related image

• Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    I would like to be a dog with the ability to have the hearing that they have.
    I'd love this! Every dog I've owned has always pricked its ears up at unknown and distant noises and I always wondered what had gotten them all excited! I bet it's just another dog barking in the end but it would certainly put the mystery to bed!

Hmmm..... an animal with a superpower? How about immortality!?  Turritoppsis dohrnii, also known as the Immortal Jellyfish, can theoretically live forever! :o How can they do that? They can age backwards!!!!!!!

Related image

Now THAT's a superhero power! And it looks so alien too!
    CM_Hunter said:
    I'd love this! Every dog I've owned has always pricked its ears up at unknown and distant noises and I always wondered what had gotten them all excited! I bet it's just another dog barking in the end but it would certainly put the mystery to bed!

Related image

Now THAT's a superhero power! And it looks so alien too!
    Alien with a superhero power, but can humans touch it or kindly interact with it the way dolphins, Orcas or dogs do?  Will its tentacles zap us to zip if we touch or if it touches us?  :s:*:o;)
  • I want to zap this game with the powers of an eel.
    edited 11.10.2018
    I want to zap this game with the powers of an eel.
    Instead of zapping the game, maybe the eel could zap the bugs, or the lag issues and actually be of some help to the Team!   :*:D:p

Why can we not see what another coop member's boat contents are when we want to sparkle each other's boats?  We see what is growing in the fields, gardens, and meadows that we may be wanting to sparkle, so why not the boats?
  • Has to be all the powers of a domestic cat.

Wake up, get fed, leisurely wash, couple of hours on very important cat business that mere humans wouldn't understand, sleep for a few hours, get fussed for an hour or so, fed again, leisurely wash again - all that effort means a couple more hours sleep, wake up, get fussed, get cat treat, sleep again, keep owners amused by running havoc for 5 minutes chasing a toy mouse, more sleep and repeat.  Not a bad life if you ask me! 

Oh and they all look beautiful too xx
  • forest333888 (INT1)forest333888 (INT1) Posts: 332
    edited 05.11.2018
    My animal power would have to be a dolphin, i don't want to repeat what @CM_Hunter
    said, but i would like to add a few points;

1) Some species can dive from 400 to 500 beneath the ocean.

2) Using internal sonar they can locate prey and predators also reefs and other things.

3) Even though their lungs are roughly the same proportion to their body as other animals/humans they can hold their breath from 8 to 10 minutes, some species even up to 15 minutes.

Incase you're interested this is because their lungs have oxygen sacs and 1 more membrane than most other animals so it allows them to breathe air more efficiently.

:smiley::smile::wink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post edited by forest333888 (INT1) on
  • Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,242
    An animal with superpower?? Hmm.., how about frog's

Then I would get to live in water as well as land... I can live in water when there's any calamity and also during covid 19.. Then, when every bad thing is over I can come back and live in land... And I can explore beauty of underwater world.. Best of both worlds 
This discussion has been closed.