Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Trade among Players or Auction ⏳

2»

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    If it is something that would allow us to trade buildings between each other and allowed other things such as trading with farm dollars or gold for those buildings as well then I would definitely consider being able to spend some gold to be able to use it. But I don't want it to be something that requires an extremely large amount of gold to use. Preferably it would not require any gold to use. But if it did, I would consider it depending on the price.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 07.11.2019
    The main problem that GGS has with people trading items and/or gold is that is promotes multi-accounts.  If you're "gone" from the game for awhile (2-3 weeks or more), they "reward" you with (up to) 875 gold when you return.  Plus there's all the gold you can get from just playing the game, finding Tanuki, the Leprechaun, Daily Login Rewards, etc... If they were allow that gold to be traded among the players, you KNOW there are people out there that would create 100 accounts, log in once a month with them to get the gold, (or find Tanuki/Leprechaun, whatever) and then send all that gold (or decos, seaweed, or whatever) to their "Main" account. Or, when they "leave" the game, they send all their gold & items to another player. It happens in every game that allows inter-player transfers.  (Right now they can (and often do) send their gold to the Co-Op Bank, but as we all know that doesn't benefit one player directly).

So it'll never happen. Even though I wish it would, as I would love to toss some gold to several of my friends ingame. Heck, I'd even be happy if they'd let us BUY gold directly for another player, but they won't do that either (scared of fraud, I guess). 

To my knowledge it is not allowed to have more then one account at same server. Punishment when found out is that one gets banned from the game/server and by that looses also the main account. That hurts, I would think, loosing the account one has built up and probably poured some or even lots of gold into. So my question would be, how many would really dare gamble on that?

Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    I have also suggested TRADE or GIFTING among Cooperative team members and trading or selling items to other game players.  It only makes sense.  I truly wish GG would take this to heart.  What better way to help other members in your cooperative!  And it is a good way to make the game more social by interacting with other game players; a positive in my book.  And what a benefit to the player gifting, trading, or selling:  clearing up storage!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The big coops all started out small. The top coops get where they are by working hard and climbing up to the top. Small coops will stay small and at the bottom if the members do not try to play events. Through hard work and determination even the small coops can do well. Doing nothing will be rewarded with nothing. I do agree with a way to trade unwanted items.
    Unfortunately, gold decides who is at top and who is at bottom .... Not hardwork.

But I know, gold will always decide that ... So I'm asking for some rewards for non gold buying small co-op's
    Then why make it so that trading requires that gold be spent????
    Because, GGS won't put time to give us an event or a feature which doesn't require us to spend gold.
    Yes, but every time a player suggests new features that require gold it looks like that's what the players want. GGS doesn't need any more incentive than it already has to keep upping the ante. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    The main reason this could not work is the fact that if a player was allowed to gift/trade/sell items to another player. What now takes years to build up one's set of farms, would take a matter of months with the right help from enough players. If things are not lop sided enough between gold users & non gold users now. Just add this option & watch out!  :/ 
     Sorry but

NO Thanks!

Put your time & or money into your effort of building up your set of farms.
    The main reason this could not work is the fact that if a player was allowed to gift/trade/sell items to another player. What now takes years to build up one's set of farms, would take a matter of months with the right help from enough players. If things are not lop sided enough between gold users & non gold users now. Just add this option & watch out!  :/ 
     Sorry but

NO Thanks!

Put your time & or money into your effort of building up your set of farms.
    Then just allow us to trade themed buildings. There are lots of situations where we collect themed buildings that we do not want/need for our farms and others have the same situation and many players would be willing to swap like that.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I agree ... that what takes years to built will take very little time ...

For that, limitations could be placed in such a way that players can just get into 5 auctions in a month.

More like those favourite offers that pop up letting you buy just 1 co-op apple free range skin.
    I had 55 co-op apples , and wanted that skin for each one of them. it took me around 8 months because of the limitation.

So, limited auction could help.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Skins would be good to trade. 
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Yessss, nice one
    Just skins would be great too ... as people cannot use those skins if they dont have the building to use them.

An Auction House could be built on this , and improvised with time.
    If we're talking just skins or appearances being the only items we could trade/gift/sell between players, more so fellow co op members, then yes that could work with out off setting the so called in game build set up. No one would gain any advanatge other than looks for their farms. :)
    I think it may be subjective whether to decide which items should be able to be traded and which shouldn't. So perhaps one option is to allow any number of items to be traded, but not allow to have the same items traded. (For example, one player cannot use this to give farm dollars/gold to another player by one player giving 1 farm dollar and another player giving 1 million farm dollars.)

And also have a limit of the number of trades/auctions per month like TMKC said which also helps prevent it being abused while allowing players to make fair trades that they can both benefit from.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    That would be the best.
  • I like this idea. Trade among players will be great!
    I like this idea. Trade among players will be great!
    Never going to happen - give folks to much of an advantage
    If trading is added into the game without restrictions, it would most likely destroy the game within a few months at the most. It would be really great if there would be some way for us to make use of unnecessary themed buildings and trading could be one option for that but it can be a bit difficult to do that properly and unrestricted trading for that can also cause a lot of damage, although not nearly as much as trading anything. Most of those issues can be solved by restricting the quantity or items and the number of trades within a certain period of time though.
  • angelical (US1)angelical (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    If trading is added into the game without restrictions, it would most likely destroy the game within a few months at the most. It would be really great if there would be some way for us to make use of unnecessary themed buildings and trading could be one option for that but it can be a bit difficult to do that properly and unrestricted trading for that can also cause a lot of damage, although not nearly as much as trading anything. Most of those issues can be solved by restricting the quantity or items and the number of trades within a certain period of time though.
    what about selling unwanted items back to the game for 1/10 the buying price, like harvested items? or for points that can convert into a currency like is done when traveling between countries IRL? for example, I have literally thousands of coop stuff, gifts/pranks, catalyzers, special seeds, and fishing stuff I will probably never use.  I could trade them in for "bargain barn" or trade center points, then if I need fish coins I exchange points for those.  I really would like gold though, since almost everything requires gold to get them and because I am on a limited budget I often miss out on a lot of the challenge prizes by mere hours because I do not have gold.  what about exchanging game dollars for gold? I regularly have several million dollars on hand

Well you're in luck @angelical (US1) keep an eye on your Main farm parking lots for "Benny's Bargains" there is a version in which you can exchange your farm dollars for Gold. He just doesn't come around very often  :/
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I agree with Southern's and Data King's various points on this topic. While it might initially sound like a good idea, it would make the game unfair and there are players that would find a way to abuse it.

However, I also like Angelical's idea about being able to sell more items for a fraction of the price. I would like to add all DSF items to her list.
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    I agree!
Sign In to comment.