Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 28 - The Diamond Upgrade - Discussion

Comments

• Keep asking about positive things in the game .... may be possible if all the errors/glitches were fixed first. Cost of horses to buy in the game is expensive and training them would be a waste of time as you cannot win many races these days. The gear you make and add to the horses occasionally makes a difference but not often. At least more room to see now with new box on the side.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    When you're on someone's farm and use the pull-down menu to visit their various farms, the menu is now partially covered up by the "special offers" button.  Could it please be retractible? (as in getting it out of the way or making it part of the left sidebar ... we don't need to see it when we're trying to sparkle other players)  ... thanks!
  • @Jasist2 (INT1)

Your feedback, is a great example , thank you for your feedback
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 02.06.2020
    TiminuTufu  
    I haven't seen any "in game" offers for the diamond flower seeds. When and where can we expect to see some offers for these awesome flowers?

:-) Thank you

• @antigone6 (US1)

There is no word yet on when we'll start seeing them

But if you like spoilers , they will look like this 

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Positives?
    1. I like the offers over to the left instead of all over the screen (and yes, I DO click them.) It is much easier now to see the farm areas.
    2. I LOVE the look of the trees on the horse farm, I intend to grow more in the places I originally put them.
    3. I have several co-op members who are extremely happy with having the new buildings on the horse farm, as am I. The Old-West style of the buildings is pleasing.
    -
    I assume there are more, but I lose track of which updates count as what.
    This is what I'm talking about. Sometimes you can make out what the farms are, sometimes you can't.  Slows down the sparkling, for sure!

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    @antigone6 (US1)

There is no word yet on when we'll start seeing them

But if you like spoilers , they will look like this 

Thank You Timinu for your response !!   Hope to see them soon and reasonably obtainable. :-)
  • CityGirl (US1)CityGirl (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    @CityGirl (US1) I looked on the  egg hunting map, which shows how the ranch looked before & they are there on that. :)
    Thank you! 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    This is what I'm talking about. Sometimes you can make out what the farms are, sometimes you can't.  Slows down the sparkling, for sure!

and seeing as both sidebars are automatically hidden and non-displayable it would seem sensible if this was too
  • Uncle Willy (US1)Uncle Willy (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    edited 04.06.2020
    I hear there are people/BF players around the World working on Tutorials for their own coops and if they're good we might be lucky enough to see some of them in the forum BUT it does take WORK and time, lots of time. time time t i m e ...
    Have any of you looked in the English Language Forum Group? It is a separate En. group in this forum.
    There is lots of good new Horse info in that group also. It's just a thought but, if you were in a top level co-op in your league/division or whatever its called, would you want to post all the hard work it took for you to learn the New Horse Ranch OR would you keep quiet for now and clean up at the races??? It seems to me that a lot r cleaning up  WOO HOO  lol
    So for now i'm going back to my farm to continue learning this huge upgrade to me beloved Horses  Gidddee up

Ps: "I'm looking for a Miracle in my Life" and a Dream World Cooperative Invite  B) 
  • There is a lot our down-under coop Luvs in this upgrade. We have found that the bug @artful (US1) points out seems to be on smaller screens only, not sure but it might stop happening @ 20" - 24" & larger. 
    Luv the thought of Diamond Flowers, nice teasers but WHEN will we get them again?  lol 
    Like offers moved to left. I think a complete retract seems to be another small screen issue.
    Luv the Trees BUT a separate HR building area would be nice for the trees upgrading. Will put on wish list.
    I agree with @Dark Underworld (AU1) , once we have all the trees upgraded what will we do with all our shields?
    The 10 Trophy Stands are cute, i like them but they don't help with much except ego's :-)

There is a lot our down-under coop Luvs in this upgrade. We have found that the bug @artful (US1) points out seems to be on smaller screens only, not sure but it might stop happening @ 20" - 24" & larger. 
    Luv the thought of Diamond Flowers, nice teasers but WHEN will we get them again?  lol 
    Like offers moved to left. I think a complete retract seems to be another small screen issue.
    Luv the Trees BUT a separate HR building area would be nice for the trees upgrading. Will put on wish list.
    I agree with @Dark Underworld (AU1) , once we have all the trees upgraded what will we do with all our shields?
    The 10 Trophy Stands are cute, i like them but they don't help with much except ego's :-)

I play generally on a 20" screen, but it also shows up on my 24" screen.  I'll play around with my settings some, but I do wish they had either made the offers retractible, or put them in the parking lot. :)
  • Hanspeek (US1)Hanspeek (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Tournament is completely turned around. I have a hard time reaching gold. Always played platinum. Nowadays i loose even from players with less than half the level i race with. No matter what i use to gain advantage. I will be lucky reaching even gold in this tournament. Please fix the issue.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    A positive: although the offers over to the left don't retract as far as the others, it doesn't seem to affect the searching for hidden objects as we were afraid it might. (Due perhaps to their translucency.)
    Very nice touch from their creators.
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    Probably relevant to bring my suggestion to have the ability to move trees around which is https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/205261

Is it my imagination or have racing tracks become shorter, making it more manageable to win them with less equipment?
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1)

The racetracks are shorter in the lower leagues.

As you gain RP and progress through the leagues, and as your opponent gains RP and also progresses, the number of obstacles in a challenge will increase.

So as a tournament progresses, each challenge you make will use more equipment if you wish to use it.
    While you are growing more trees till you have all 101, then start upgrading them, deciding when to use equipment will add more challenge to your challenges :-:wink:
  • avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    The new setup here doesn't look that good in my opinion:

Everything else sounds ok although I have a feeling that most players won't be able to use the diamond boxes and diamond flower seeds. So this probably result in a different experience for most players apart from what I mentioned above.
    Yeah same. I dont really like the new setup of the farm
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.06.2020
    this is how bad the new horse racing is.  I took screen shots as I was fairly sure I would lose the race as I now lose most.

my opponent was almost 100 levels lower, I have improved my horse in meadow over 250 times.  Only to get this almost every race, what chance do lower level horses have.  Note I also have equipment on.

@TiminuTufu note I think the bug may be coming from challenge horse is using equipment.if you look at race result you can see start it used 1 piece, 1st 3 pieces 2nd 2 pieces, so the challenged is using at least 6 different types of equipment, the challenger can only use 3, I did not look at the other obstacle, so could even be more and with 0 cost to make.  if challenged horse can use equipment every time and challenging horse can only use on 3 type, if you have enough stuff to make them, no way it can win, except on the odd occasion.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • this is how bad the new horse racing is.  I took screen shots as I was fairly sure I would lose the race as I now lose most.

my opponent was almost 100 levels lower, I have improved my horse in meadow over 250 times.  Only to get this almost every race, what chance do lower level horses have.  Note I also have equipment on.

@TiminuTufu note I think the bug may be coming from challenge horse is using equipment.if you look at race result you can see start it used 1 piece, 1st 3 pieces 2nd 2 pieces, so the challenged is using at least 6 different types of equipment, the challenger can only use 3, I did not look at the other obstacle, so could even be more and with 0 cost to make.  if challenged horse can use equipment every time and challenging horse can only use on 3 type, if you have enough stuff to make them, no way it can win, except on the odd occasion.

Yes, that was the latest change to challenged horses. It first started that you chose 3 items to defend with and they only worked on 1 obstacle. Now it can either apply to all 3 obstacles or 2 obstacles and the start. That was when things went really sideways, oddly I don't see the benefit of added competition level (green shield that was new with lastest changes).
    edited 18.06.2020
    there is no way a level 69 horse in gold should be able to beat 167 in diamond with tonnes of improvement from meadow with equipment on as well.  Should not even be close.  The challenged horse should be able to pull a Bradbury (see below, for those who don't know what a Bradbury is), but not most races

• It is next to impossible to win a horse race, usually use up all fuel on losses even if add equipment. I noticed that they are plugging the purchase of equipment with gold and most horses to purchase cost a huge amount of gold. Given the current situation with the horses there is no way I will purchase equipment or horses with gold. I don't have the resources these days to keep up with the bombardment of stuff i could purchase with gold .
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    Horse racing just not worth it anymore. Put all the time and effort into it and you still lose to horses way lower than yours. And mine are equipped all the time.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Horse racing just not worth it anymore. Put all the time and effort into it and you still lose to horses way lower than yours. And mine are equipped all the time.
    Yes but horses way higher than yours lose when they challenge you.
    The nett effect is that we all score a little less than before,
    we all finish a little lower down the leagues than we did before,
    the horses that used to get to diamond in a fortnight won't
    we all have a reason to further train our horses to even higher levels
  • Thats right 

It has also same effects on almost every participants

Unless you were lucky, to have matching breeding effects

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    ....But, what human being would voluntarily participate in a game, they know they will lose? (regardless that this happens to all)

I don't think Stillfronts strategy is well planned, at all, and I can't see how it will ever be a success, if they don't work on making the  funfactor higher.

edited 20.06.2020
    the new system is totally useless.  Even with my powerful horse and all level 2 trees and level 4 factories that don't make enough to keep up enough equipment.  My horse still loses 95% of the time even against horses 100 levels below mine.  As every horse get challenge chances of winning are even going to become lower. I have already worked out that next horse challenge if this does not get fixed, my horse that has ALWAYS made diamond league, will not even get out of gold league next time, making horses not even worth doing for my extraordinary beast, so what chance do lower level horses have.

This change not only has it made horse ranch now waste of space, but you may as well get rid of both boats MF and village as horse shoes no longer required as well as meadow as no matter how much players upgrade their horse never going to get anywhere as the horse they compete against are going to get stronger faster due to the competitive level increase so fast. 

I was 1 player that originally said that the change was good, but now after I have given it a lot of time and trials to see how it actually works, big thumbs down.  GGS has destroyed the horses which I have loved and worked hard at for years.  They have made the defending horses far too strong.  Remove that and new set up will be great

@Uncle John (GB1)   I was 1 of those that could get to diamond in less than 2 weeks, next time I won't even get out of gold so even with a horse my strength what is the point of low levels trying to improve their horse, they will now never get anywhere, with current set up

Come on we all know what this update was about now.  GGS GREED.  Too many players were getting too much gold, so instead of removing GML and gold they just made it impossible to achieve.  KEEP GOING GGS, chase all your players away.

I achieved my first diamond box yesterday, got a whole 5 seaweed humus, oh wow thanks GGS, great reward for my hard work.

NOT!!!!!!!!

• I hope some one can give me a good answer to this.  Why would a player who can get to diamond league need more golden horse shoes as rewards.  Only use I know of is Satan's Wheel.  Talk about worthless reward.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Dark Underworld (AU1) do you have your stable maxed ?
     You may still need those Golden horseshoes ;)
    edited 23.06.2020
    No, completed that years ago.  Last year clear all my horse shoe on Satan's wheel, Also if you are in Diamond league you have probably worked out that u never even need the ranch for breeding.  Only use meadow
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    Ok guys, I will give you my opinion about what is currently going on with the horses system.
    A PROFESIONALLY opinion, an opinion that knows "maybe" more then know the ggs stuff right now.
    Of course, this is true AS LONG AS they are still not aware of the bug.
    And i think they are not aware,  because this bug cannot be observed easily...It can be observed only by a person who is really passionate with the horses and is testing the system a lot (by testing = analysing each value , each set up and trying to understand what each value means, what each set up does).
    I do it beacause it like these big challenges....not love the game for the clicks..only for the hard part...

You all know we had 2 updates related with the new farm.
    The first update was really perfect in my opinion, BUT GGS HAS NOTICED that a player with a strong specialized horse could beat TO EASY the oponnents, making useless the equipment WHO IS ALL THE POINT in the new era.
    A strong horse with no equipment could easily winn all races (I did at that point).

So they had to do something to make THE EQUIMENTS much more important if you want to win a race
    And that happened with the second update, when they have introduced THE NEW DEFENCE SYSTEM based on experience points.

They are 10 levels of experience levels
    What this shield (i called that way) is doing?
    It's reduces the times on each obstacle OR IS INCREASING the chances of fast behavior on each obstacle.

In essence, a level 10 shield is increasing the fast behavior with 4% to a max of 12%, accordingly with the set up you make on it OR IT can REDUCE the times on obstacles with a max of 2.1 secons per obstacle..which is huge
    if we think that a level 200 horse with a fast saddle cand only have a 4.04 seconds per obstacle and is competing vs an opponent with a 2.94 seconds pers obstacle.

Of course you cannot set up both the lowes times and high % in the same time, which would generate a bomb for the competitors, but you cand put all the eggs in one basket and achieving the 2.1seconds reduction or the +12% more chances on fast behaviour.

So if you have a normal to good  horse, lets say with around 44% chances of fast behavior on all the 3 obstacles
    and you set up your defence shield (level 10) with let;s say a 8% increase, you will have in defence a fast behaviour of 52% 52% 52% on each obstacle, or by puting all the eggs in one basket, you could reach 52% 52% and 56% in the third obstacle (% for fast behavior)

Now, imagine that a similar horse to you at another player with 44% 44% 44% will challenge you (suposing the horses have the same level)
    will be a fight of 44% 44% 44% against 52% 52% 56%...you cannot win this fight.
    And now comes the equipments in place...you can put a boot and a lime leggings on your horse which will increase the % with 5.6%.
    You wil have a 49.6% 49.6% and 44% competing vs 52% 52% 56%
    You can mount the third equiment , the horse cover or what ever is named in english, but is consumming a lot of materials and cannot be used on the most of the horses if you don't have a breeding slot free.
    If you can put it, it will further increase the % with 8%
    you will have 49.6% 49.6% and 52% competing vs 52% 52% 56%....still in desadvantage and that's why is difficult to win.

Myself with a level 200 horse, many times i cannot beat a 150 level horse or even a 120 level horse if they have such high %in defence.

But of course, it comes the reverse of the medal..if you are strong on defence and very few people can beat you once you have a level 10 shield, you cannot also beat the opponents in attack resulting in a "stalemate" as they say in chess.

I'm not saying that the actual values of the shield are suitable or too strong...if you make a super horse (is difficult and it takes a lot of time and passion) you can still beat the values I presented above...we all understand that the game is for longe time playing and you cannot be the best in short time

BUT,

THE BAD PART is another thing. Even if you eventually  in the future will create the best horse the system let you create, you also won;t be able to win in different situations BECAUSE there IS A BUG IN THE SHIELD, making it even stronger than i presented above!!!!!

Yes...even stronger :neutral:

The bug description:
    1. Not every player "is enjoying" the bug. By enjoying = taking advantage. 
    2. Only the bad and the worst horses are "enjoying" the bug.....
    3. A player with a strong horse does not have the bug...it does not receive any % in adition to it's shield numbers.
    That's why this blocking situation with so many players being stuck in the gold league.
    4. The average horses will get a boost, an increase % in fast behaviour with around 3.2% in the shield (in addition to what the shield already gives them)
    5. The worst horses (by worst horses = the horses with 36% chances of fast behavior on obstacle) will receive an % increase with around 7%.

Consequences:
    If you have a really bad horse, but shield level 10, you will have a shield, which will give you 
    36%+8% from the shield +7% from the bug = 51% on all the three obstacle chances for fast behavior.

The result:

When you challenge with the 36% 36% 36% fast behaviour horse, you cannot win the race, of course, but, 
    When

A normal player with an average to good horse, with 44% chances of fast behaviour on all the 3 obstacles will face a worse horse with only 36% chances of fast behaviour on all the 3 obstacles in theory,

In practice, should be a challenge 44% 44% 44% (for example sand, mud and branches) vs 36+8= 44% 44% 44% of the competitor gived by the shield.

If will put equipment with boots and horse leggings, will have let;s say 44%, 49,4%, 49,4% vs 44% 44% 44% and will most probably win (if the horses are close in levels)

But with the bug, in reality even if he puts equipment, will have 44%, 49,4%, 49,4% vs 51%,51%,51% and will most probably lose.
    This is the real situation that is going on right now.

If you (GGS, moderators) want more technical details about the horses who receive this bug, contact me and I will give you all the details (there is a certain combination of different elements that generate this bug).

From the player point of view, there is no happiness by being hit by this bug because you don't want a bad horse...
    You want a good horse

By having a bad horse, ok you won't lose, but also you cannot winn...and is a bad situation..not wanted by anyone.

If you have a good horse, you cannot winn all the races as you should, and also in defence you are vulnerable because the shield does not gives you anything in adition
    You will have 44% fast behaviour in defence and that's it

A normal player who puts equipment will defeat you, but insteand won't be able to defeat a worse horse by default who has extra bonuses by the bug.

I know this is sounds "like crazy" or unbelievable, but this is the reality we are facing right now :(

Sign In to comment.