Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    It is official as of this day I will no longer partake in the Horse Racing, no matter what I did I could not get out of the Silver section when I am usually in the Gold section in the past, so Thank you Big Farm for ruining My fun in the Horse racing part of this game, :(
    If you have not set your horses free, they still show up in the races for us to go against.  For instance, I still occasionally get challenged by horses whose owner have passed away.  This is because GGS has not removed that one's farm yet.  So even if you don't race, your horses still do.  Just so you know.   :o<3
    Really? I did not know that, I do not wish to delete My horses cause I like to look at them once in awhile, but thanks for letting Me know, much appreciated, :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    This is the first time that I love the pause in the horse season.  This round was really demotivating for the whole game
  • I see the pop-up when you load game plugs new stuff for the horses to help you win. Is this a JOKE. You could not win a paper bag in the horse season as they have completely stuffed it up. 
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    It would be nice if those who did reach the Diamond level would share their secrets or at least give us some hints as to how they used the equipment, what they looked for when deciding which challenge (jumping, racing, dressage) to use against certain horses.
    I'll share what my best horse is like.  I have made Diamond for awhile now, and the first run of the new horse racing ended up 5th in Diamond.  Diamond always been tough to reach as only 25 horses or less usually make it that far.  This time believe it was 24.  

Here goes.  My best horse has a breeding value of 198 composed of 220 Strength (maximum reached) 185 Endurance, and 185 Agility.

Breeding effects from the horse ranch are 6 jump powers totaling 100.

From the cooperative horse meadow added to the horse +10 strength training. +5 agility training, +10 endurance training.  Only benefit I've been able to determine for these is to make it easier to get 100 genes in the meadow to have successful breedings.

And from the cooperative horse meadow added +30 dressage, +41 racing, and +112 show jumping.

I plan on adding +1 to the show jumping as long as the game allows me to.  

I am also working on horses for the racing and dressage events.  The racer is my best horse for racing, and jumper still best for jumping and dressage.

I do not win as many challenges as before, but when challenged by others seem to do well - which must be the defensive equipment which appears to be pretty good stuff that i cannot make at present.  

I'm still in a learning mode about how to best use the "new equipment" as well as have enough to make it through the races.  To me, the event still is going to take a very long time to get horses trained and bred to reach the upper levels.  I really don't have any great hints at present.  I have started getting a feel for which horses I can win races against and try to remember to pick them when they show up as a choice to pick from.  And I'm getting better to make sure I review available info on the 3 choices to race against, and try to pick the best mismatch.  That's about it.

Happy Racing
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • happy56 (US1)happy56 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    Why did my trees get moved?

they were not in the way of the trophy place.

We should be able to move the trees where we want.

this new horse racing set up is not fun.

I now have boots and stuff I can't use because my horse doesn't have the right breeding effects. 

It is way too complex. The equipment should just be for each type of race;.

It's just not fun.

I have a job I play a game to relax.

Want to be happy56
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Do the devs lay awake at night thinking of ways to screw things up or does it just come natural?

I used to make it to diamond everytime, now this is next to impossible. It does not matter if you equip your horse or not as you lose, lose, lose. The only time my horse wins anymore is when others challenge my horse, then it is win, win, win. 

Do you all not see a problem here???  I can't challenge the same people that have challenged me and win, yet when they challenge me they lose. How does this make sense????  It does not make sense!!!!

Too many trees, no storage. 

You all can't just leave one part of the game, just one tiny little part that does not require a bunch of gold ads or gold buying to actually enjoy? 

I have people asking me for help in horse racing. This part of the game is now so screwed up and dysfunctional, my only advice would be to shoot your horses so they don't have to suffer the misery because it will not matter, your horse will just lose anyway.

This is unacceptable and I see they are also ignoring this very well like anything else in this game. 

Then they wonder why we call them greedy....it should not take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

I am beyond disgusted!

Gold events: CC, CHWE, VF, PP, DW, and now a stuffed up horse tourney! 

I really just shake my head and wonder how long this game is going to survive. It is nothing but greed and buy your wins anymore.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 30.05.2020
    Hi everyone.  I have solved the horse race problem.

My horse has been put out to pasture.

There will be no more racing and I find the game much more relaxing now.

Maybe one day I may race my horses again but there needs to be some changes first.

Have a great day.    :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 30.05.2020
    They've tweaked thing, you now only up to about 15 obstacles per track whereas before it was much more and you don't use up anywhere as much equipment. Try it again, it's better.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I have a terrible suspicion @Rusty Farmer (AU1)  that there were fewer jumps last time when I was in Bronze and there became more and more as I progressed. (I do hope I am mis-remembering)
  • All the tree stump I grown are all now gone . this is crappy stuff .  
  • I am so disgusted and dissappointed with the new horse ranch. My competition horse is no slouch. He is a level 112 and I can't win hardly anything. For the past 2 days I have lost every Jumping, Racing etc... even tho I buy extra gas. I was up against way lower level horses and still did not win 1 thing. You have completely ruined this part of the game for me. I hope you reap what you sow and Karma teaches you something cause it is clear that you have no respect for the people who play your game.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Oh, it's not so bad...
    I won against a level 3 horse last night.

I was pumped !
  • Glad it's working out for someone!
  • synergylw (US1)synergylw (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    The new horse racing is horrible.  8 races and lost everyone...so hard to get anywhere...I sad  that I am moving backwards not forwards....
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    My horse is crying in the stable:

"i loose every race, You have to shoot me, please"
  • Trisha7 (US1)Trisha7 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    I am so disappointed with the Horse Ranch, way too complicated, time consuming, and hard to understand. Without gold I can't even begin to spend the time in making the equipment to attempt to play a race, and forget trying to win now without equipment and all the levels. I, like many others have spent years getting a horse to the Platinum level and now all I am is disappointed. With constantly losing all I can do is harvest the trees for materials to sell for a few medals that won't help with any progress, already tired of trying. There has been so much added to the game over the past years, another time consuming & disappointing change is only making it more stressful and less fun! Without using gold I can't even make half of the required equipment for a single horse race! It is the worst of all the ideas so far!
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Finally, found the thread :smiley:
    Could one of you mods ask GGS how it is possible for them to NOT KNOW the rules of disappointments. It will turn us all into NOT MOTIVATED people. I am loosing every single race, whether I race against lower level or higher level horses, and whether I use equipment or not. NOT WINNING anything at all for several days in a row now. AND obviously EVERYONE is loosing, all the challengers to my horses are loosing too. Good for me, but they must feel the same way I do. This is a total disaster and it is ruining my joy for the horseseasons, that I used to love.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Finally, found the thread :smiley:
    Could one of you mods ask GGS how it is possible for them to NOT KNOW the rules of disappointments. It will turn us all into NOT MOTIVATED people. I am loosing every single race, whether I race against lower level or higher level horses, and whether I use equipment or not. NOT WINNING anything at all for several days in a row now. AND obviously EVERYONE is loosing, all the challengers to my horses are loosing too. Good for me, but they must feel the same way I do. This is a total disaster and it is ruining my joy for the horseseasons, that I used to love.
    I agree, here are my 24hr stats from 2 days ago - same pattern up till now.:

3/6 2020
    00-23:59 
    Races /defending 29
    Wins 21 Loss 8
    Races challenged w/equipment 6
    Wins: 1 Loss:5
    Races w/out equipment; Loss 6

I have nearly stopped racing, - and I can see from the reports I get fro me being challenged, that I'm not the only one - activity is less than it used to be.

I will just defend for a while- it doesn't move my points much anyways, so silver it is! , who needs gold, platin and diamonds anyway :)

• Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    what is the point of using equipment if you still loose whit 30 sec.??????????????

(horse 131 against  112)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 06.06.2020
    They've tweaked thing, you now only up to about 15 obstacles per track whereas before it was much more and you don't use up anywhere as much equipment. Try it again, it's better.
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1) Nothing is better here. I got as far as Silver 8 and since then hardly won a race.The higher the league, the more obstacles, is my impression..
    So when there is a break from racing for a few days, we might make enough equipment to win a few races at the start of the event.  But soon the equipment is used up and you get stuck.
    No winning,so no extra trees, so hardly enough for making new equipment; no equipment, no winning, no shields, no extra trees.......etc.
    Years of training down the drain and nothing to win anymore. Pity.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm not doing too badly, not as well as I used to, but not too bad. The problem is that they have effectively changed the definition of "a good horse". If you read the Guide you can see that they are using the attributes and effects quite differently from before. We really need to have only one of Racing, Dressage and JumpPower and yet we can't get rid of the ones we no longer want
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I haven't lost a single race since I stopped racing.     :)

At least I don't think I did. 
    I haven't bothered looking. 
    Kinda sad though, I used to like racing my horse.
  • congrats GGS ruined another aspect of the game for me making the horse farm more complicated
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 25.06.2020
    Can anyone explain why my lvl 127 horse, with rivallevel 10, loses from a lvl 93 horse with rivallevel 2?
    And why I seem to win almost all races when I get challenged (and not get any reward) but I lose almost all races that I start myself?
    And how come a rival seems to have enough equipment with 3 pcs for all 28 obstacles?

Post edited by CM_Mystletainn on
    very good question , AND we need an answer MOD´s , please ask someone who knows , because this whole thing is absolute not clear ???
    I'm not doing too badly, not as well as I used to, but not too bad. The problem is that they have effectively changed the definition of "a good horse". If you read the Guide you can see that they are using the attributes and effects quite differently from before. We really need to have only one of Racing, Dressage and JumpPower and yet we can't get rid of the ones we no longer want
    So what are you doing right? Please be more specific in what you do differently 
Sign In to comment.