Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Happiness per square, and why you should care

2»

Comments

• montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 20.03.2014
    Excellent! (Excel-ent?) Thanks for adding the graph here, minadequate. :) And since you updated your original thread, I'm going to go ahead and link that up top.
  • minadequate2minadequate2 Posts: 93
    edited 21.03.2014
    Okies thanks montous, glad its helpful to people. :)
  • angbblue (US1)angbblue (US1) Posts: 23
    edited 27.03.2014
    The small decorations are almost all the same amount of happiness (within a point or two). I noticed the ornaments that are more happiness take up twice as much space, but are not double the amount of the single space ornaments. Your arguement only applies to level 27 and higher and that one tree.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 20.05.2014
    **Bumping**
    I wanted to dig this out so that it would be easier for those that are looking for it can find it, it is very helpful for the players so that they can get a good idea of how the happiness/decos work. Thanks for a great post.

Enoch
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 01.12.2014
    Is there a possibility that we could get this as a sticky in this section please? This is very helpful reading for new players and it also has other helpful links to.

I like for the new coop members to read this.

Thanks
  • Margit kattMargit katt Posts: 153
    edited 02.12.2014
    enochnock wrote: »
    Is there a possibility that we could get this as a sticky in this section please? This is very helpful reading for new players and it also has other helpful links to.

I like for the new coop members to read this.

Thanks

I agree, but not only for new co-op members. All players can benefit from this. .) It's a great thread.
  • Im new to this game and really enjoy it, but not understanding why on the main farm your happiness is subtracted (-) from total cost, but on the Gourmet and Island Farm they are added (+)  into the total production cost, would someone please explain this to me, maybe Im just not getting it. Thanks
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Im new to this game and really enjoy it, but not understanding why on the main farm your happiness is subtracted (-) from total cost, but on the Gourmet and Island Farm they are added (+)  into the total production cost, would someone please explain this to me, maybe Im just not getting it. Thanks
    You are mistaken, they all work the same,
    Subtract Houses from Decorations to give your nett Happiness, If this is negative, your Production Costs will be increased. If it is positive, they will be decreased.
    It sounds as if you have too few deco's on your Gourmet and Island farms
  • Farmerm53- to add to what UncleJohn wrote, I looked at your farms and you do have low level deco's, if you aren't able to do the weekly events try buying some of those event deco's they have a better happiness.

Please go back to the beginning of this post and read the first post it gives very good detailed information on the happiness of your farms. (Just a suggestion to help you out and understand the happiness per square)

Also you only have two deco's on your gourmet farm try adding a few of the event deco's to help bring your happiness up.

On your island farm farm what i can see (since I have half an island & half main farm when I go to the island) you have one deco there to, so your running cost are a little high I guess.
  • Ty you both I finally get it, lol 
  • When you get to a high level and are making your own feed do you need the deco's still on you Main and Gourmet Farm?  Can they all just be put on you flower farm?
    I am asking this because I was told this and want to be sure I will still may as much money.

FarmerTAM
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    When you get to a high level and are making your own feed do you need the deco's still on you Main and Gourmet Farm?  Can they all just be put on you flower farm?
    I am asking this because I was told this and want to be sure I will still may as much money.

FarmerTAM
    You can't move decorations to another farm. It you remove decorations from your main and gourmet farm, your production costs will also rise. But it can be very useful for events. I have +489% and +491% production costs for my main and gourmet farm and I still make a large profit since I can use a lot of premium products for stables and orchards. The cost of fields will be higher but they were not too much before. The main increase is in the production buildings.

For the flower farm, it is more difficult because I think some buildings like apiaries now run at a loss. I don't really find that events are too demanding on the flower farm so it may be better to leave decorations on that if you are focusing on profit.
  • Thank you answering my question so quickly.  OK so you really do need the decos on you farms if you want to make a profit.  I have just noticed i am struggling to keep money and that has to be the reason.
    thanks
    Thank you answering my question so quickly.  OK so you really do need the decos on you farms if you want to make a profit.  I have just noticed i am struggling to keep money and that has to be the reason.
    thanks
    You're welcome. You don't need them to make a good profit. I saw your farms and they look good so far. You can just make sure to produce premium feed for your stables and orchards on the main and gourmet farm.

These are my farms:

Usually it's better if you can play without decorations on those two farms because you can harvest more to sell more produce and the larger harvest amounts help a lot with events.
    It really relies on how much money you are making elsewhere.
    The Shop can make $3.000.000 a day; the fishing can make $10,000,000 a day
    Using premium feed and fert, the mf production costs are only a few thousands
    It really relies on how much money you are making elsewhere.
    The Shop can make $3.000.000 a day; the fishing can make $10,000,000 a day
    Using premium feed and fert, the mf production costs are only a few thousands
    The production costs of the windmill, silo and composter are unfortunately in the hundreds of thousands, probably even over a million for a lot of players. However, the farm can earn a lot more than the cost of the production buildings.

Also, that may be a bit of an understatement regarding the dockyard if that is what you are talking about.
    Yes, I was deliberately being conservative  :¬)  @FarmerTAM (US1)  said he was struggling to make money, Once you get to a certain level the mf is not really a source of money is it ?  I'm not on US1 so I can't see his farm
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    as farmertam has a weak and small fleet money will be an issue
    Yes, I was deliberately being conservative  :¬)  @FarmerTAM (US1)  said he was struggling to make money, Once you get to a certain level the mf is not really a source of money is it ?  I'm not on US1 so I can't see his farm
    Ok. I think it is always reasonably significant since if you design it to earn farm dollars, you can continue to collect 10 million or more dollars from it comfortably per day. And that amount can easily be higher for many players.
Sign In to comment.