Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    If anyone learns the "trick" to properly matching up the equipment with the opponent's horse attributes & abilities to increase the chances of winning I hope they will clue us in, Please! thanks!
    I just dont have the time to do all that calculating and figuring about what equipment does what to what obstacle against whatever the opposing horse... blah blah blah. makes me so bored to just think about it.  I wanted the horse racing to be more equitable and fun but its just more complicated and boring.   zzzzzzzzz.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Like it says, the horse has to have an empty effects slot. None of mine do.
  • Hi FarmerCli, i think you need to upgrade the saddlery to level 2 first. 
  • kevbert (GB1)kevbert (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    edited 15.05.2020
    What is the trick to using the saddle blankets.  I never seem to be able to use them.  :/
    Saddle blankets will add +40 to your agility rating for your horse for that one obstacle or +10 to endurance depending on your choice. 

The obstacles are all about time penalties. you get a percentage chance (shown against your horse) to pass normally, slow down (balk) or rush fast. Adding a blanket will skew your chances to to one of the favorable ones.
    I admit I am guessing this, because the in game documentation does not say this (grits teeth), it just implies it.
    Presumably as they are specific to one obstacle, but it only ever affects agility or endurance, these attributes affect all obstacles.

GG need to publish what attributes affect each obstacle. Then we will at least be able to understand why these kit items affect individual stats. 
    We need to know how horse breeding level, horse competition level, and all breeding stats affect performance in each type of obstacle. From there we will be able to see how the kit changes this.
    (Edit]
    Your chance of getting balk, normal and rush on each obstacle as a function of adding the kit is shown.
    Check out the percentages shown at the bottom.The text changes color if your kit affects it.
    To be fair my racing boots up my rush chance from 37.5% to 43.1%. This is not an earth shattering performance gain considering the time and resource that went into making them. 
     [Edit2]
    Sigh, Hover your mouse over each obstacle in the view section (where the add kit buttons are). It shows you which stats affect what obstacles. For *flips* sake GG, why did I have to find this out by randomly pointing my mouse at things?  
    Post edited by kevbert (GB1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    To delete stuff, go to the 2nd tab of the Saddlers, click the item to be deleted and there is an orange button top right
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    horse 131  against horse 108
    horse 108 wins whit 56 sec. faster!!!!
    impossible!!!!! 
    impossible!!!!! 
    I'd be interested to know what effects you horse has other than Strength, Agility and Endurance
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    impossible!!!!! 
    Maybe a little word of advice:
    I see you have a allround horse just like me.
    When I start racing I first look at the opponents breeding effect. 
    I attack the opponent on the lowest skill.
    Than I look at the parkour . Saddle up my horse in such a way that it has the most effect and than I start racing.

U hardly start without any horseitems installed.  Horses at the moment have already built up high defences. If you do that you have a change one out of eight I think. And by doing that you increase the opponents defence. It will then be even more difficult to defeat opponents in the future.

I sure hope that with the start of a new season, the defences are back to zero. Otherwise it would be very hard to play this horsegame in the future.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    What if you breed your horse and it has e.g. level 5 in defense - will that defense now disappear and reset to 0?

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I understand how the equipment works BUT it doesn't help increase the odds of winning.  I am barely winning any races with an upper level horse. I used to get into diamond league easily.  ALSO, when my horse is challenged it wins nearly all the time so I know this problem is wide spread. 
    Agreed. As I posted earlier -
    We have all become more able to defend. We will all win fewer races when challenging but lose fewer when being challenged. Overall we will all score less than we have in the past, everybody will move down the leagues a little, there will be fewer horses finishing in Diamond until they get more training..
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Yep, I had just started getting into platinum league on a regular basis. Now I'm down in gold, and not the top level either.
    -
    I guess it's good if you want to spend a lot more effort on it, but with the constant barrage of events they keep throwing at us, I just don't have the time to concentrate on one small part of this game.
    Too bad, I was looking forward to getting that Trojan Horse item.
  • Worst part about better defense is fewer horse related points for Worldwide Championship because we are winning fewer competitions. It is going to be close for earning all 100 rewards in that category, previously it was done with about a week to go.

All the new stuff on the horse ranch should be dropping points to make up the loss.
  • ManiB (US1)ManiB (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    My horses would like to leave the new and improved horse ranch/weird tree thing/workshops that I will never use/wtf were you thinking.  Anyone with spare horse trailers for rent, please contact me. 

:neutral:

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think players below level 60 cannot participate in the horse season anymore.

I haven't looked into the new setup too much because I don't really use the horse section of the game much, but it looks like it's harder to win challenges when you are the challenger and it is easier to defend them, which leads to a slower progress for most players. It will be interesting to compare the scores of the top 10 players compared to how it usually happens to see if there is a noticeable difference there. Usually I am a bit lazy and often forget about challenges for a whole day or two but I still make it into the platinum section. Now I am nowhere near that this time.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    What if you breed your horse and it has e.g. level 5 in defense - will that defense now disappear and reset to 0?

yes it will. When you breed your horse, you actually end up with a new horse... so defense level resets :(
    JVD (US1) said:

yes it will. When you breed your horse, you actually end up with a new horse... so defense level resets :(
    Okay...in that case I think/hope they reset the defendinglevel  - I see Top horses now with defendinglevels of 10 ...noone should be able to  beat that if it just keeps exceeding over seasons.
    Otherwise I think the whole system gives no meaning, what so ever...

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    It is official as of this day I will no longer partake in the Horse Racing, no matter what I did I could not get out of the Silver section when I am usually in the Gold section in the past, so Thank you Big Farm for ruining My fun in the Horse racing part of this game, :(
  • So just today I've gone down from 764 points to 748. I've not won a single race! It makes no difference using equipment - it make no difference what level horse I'm competing against. Having just got to the stage where I often get to platinum I am now half way up gold. Does anyone really spend time working out all the equipment for each race. Seriously life is too short! The prizes aren't worth the time spent. If it stays like this I will also be stopping the horse farm

• Don't leave any comments but couldn't resist. I would be extremely grateful if anyone could explain me the odds of winning. Spent years training/breeding horses, have the meadow slots +163 strength, +107 agility and +92 endurance. How can I loose to the horse without any breeding effects and twice less level than my horse? It was not the first time and equipment doesn't help either. Thank you GGS, not interested and fed up with a permanent sign 'harvest is ready' for the ranch.

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    My big question is - HOW do you know what equipment to make? I know that when I choose jumping it narrows down to abou 5 different kind of saddles and so on. But how do I know which one of these 5 different saddles will be best for my horse ? 

And then doing the challenge - how do you know/tell what kind of equipment will be best in that actual race against that specific horse ? 

I would really like a specific answer to this - Now I have found out how the whole thing goes on, but I miss to find out what to choose. 

As you all say, this is too complicated, time consuming and stressfull. I have given up to this race, for the first time in years I do not make it to the platinum level, and must be happy that I do not run all the way down to silver. 
  • sueh59 (US1)sueh59 (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    Put the Horses back like they were.  really having to do the stupid things like all that with the buildings on there no........... when somethings not broke, u don't fix it, i've always heard.  alot wrong with this game..........
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Yeah, I'm rather sorry I planted the trees and built the buildings.
    Oh well, the rest of the co-op is watching mine to see how it works, so at least they can  have a little information before deciding whether or not to build.
    So, surprisingly I reached Platin league anyways.. by 8 points.
    About 50 points below my normal score - but at least I got there!

I really, really hope Stillfront will go back to the drawingboard and make some changes before a new season starts, and also throw us your thoughts about how to build a perfect horse - it doesn't look like we really get it, does it?  :p .

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • The basic now, is to have a main horse with really high main attributes ( its generally the key ) now :)

I'd say horses with 150+ Probably made it there :) ( Mostly a theory , maybe some more people could update their results )
  • Ever since I made it to the Platinum with my lvl 156 horse I wasn't winning more than 1-3 competitions a day. That was about the time the goofy smelting shop showed up and that update where all 3 items were used on all obstacles of the defending horse. I didn't win much, but wasn't challenged as much after I let my horse gain a point or 2 in the "defense."

Equipment doesn't really matter with the 3 to 1 item disadvantage. Not sure how horrible a new season would be, maybe we will start in the same placing as we left off.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
Sign In to comment.