Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Golden seaweed.

The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
edited 08.05.2020 in Suggestions
So, golden seaweed.

Basically you could get golden seaweed by either earning it in events or by converting any of all of the 5 other types of seaweed into golden seaweed.

Not sure how they would be done, maybe a button or a new building etc.

Now, what would golden seaweed do?

Well, it would act like normal seaweed does, be able to speed up a production and give a bonus to whatever it's producing but golden seaweed would be able to act on anything.

So, for example, if you were upgrading a country manor, and it was taking 4 hours, instead of skipping it with gold, you could speed it up with 1 golden seaweed.

Now, of course, for construction, it couldn't really give a bonus but if you wanted to speed up the windmill, i was thinking it could give a +50% bonus. That means a +50% to anything it skips unless if you can't add a bonus to it (like construction).

In terms of how much golden seaweed it costs to skip different times, i was thinking  for 1M (minute) to 5H (hours) it would take 1, for 5H to 10H it would take 2, and so on every 5H.

Now remember, this could be used on anything, boats, upgrades, silo's, apples, etc. You could also use it on a building even when it's been gifted.

Well, that's it for this idea, if you think it deserves a chance to be put into action, please like and if you think of any of ways it could be better or changed, please leave a comment :D

Also make sure to check out my other idea's :D

Till next time :)

The Best King
Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on

Comments

• Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Maybe for construction it would give a one-time bonus of 50% extra products like automatically apply a gift onto the constructing building? Also for houses and barn, maybe it could give a small amount of extra storage or workers, or a significant amount of temporary workers that would be converted into permanent workers or storage once you build or upgrade a house or barn. 
  • Great idea, i like your creativity! :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Not going to happen - would throw to much of the game out balance even more than it is now. You must try to think like they/GGS does -
     "More Money - Show Me the Money!!" Buy Buy Buy Gold u'll get there.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 05.05.2020
    True, but it's a good idea i think, and they could maybe make the golden seaweed gold-centered like they do with everything else anyway :)
    Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Sorry but I am a bit confused about the suggestion. Does it just allow you to skip construction or does it also increase the harvest amount from that building?
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) my original idea was just to skip construction but @Jasist2 (INT1) made a brilliant suggestion that maybe it could a 50% gift on it (that's if you were building a cow, or apples etc.) or if you're building a barn or house, it could give extra workers or barn space, possibly only temporary worker, which could be quite useful.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    GGS can hold their breath before I spend for this suggestion... probably can hold their  breath for me spending anymore real money with the changes they have made recently! they are taking away all incentive for my money! 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ninjahuman (AU1) my original idea was just to skip construction but @Jasist2 (INT1) made a brilliant suggestion that maybe it could a 50% gift on it (that's if you were building a cow, or apples etc.) or if you're building a barn or house, it could give extra workers or barn space, possibly only temporary worker, which could be quite useful.
    Ok. I think it would be difficult to take advantage of temporary workers and what would happen if the workers left but there were not enough spare workers to cope with the worker reduction? I'm not too sure how that would work. The 50% gift sounds nice and that could be useful. Personally, the construction part doesn't sound that useful since there are other ways to get a better advantage with construction but I guess some players would find it useful.

Sorry if I am being a bit critical but the gift part sounds nice. :)

JVD (US1) said:
    GGS can hold their breath before I spend for this suggestion... probably can hold their  breath for me spending anymore real money with the changes they have made recently! they are taking away all incentive for my money! 
    I am presuming that is relating to the changes regarding the sales recently. I know some other players that are also unhappy about them as well.
  • @JVD (US1) whoa, what's up? any constructive criticism about this suggestion maybe? It can easily be changed and even in the small chance that ggs were to adopt my suggest, i doubt they'd be much of it left by the time they implemented it :)
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 05.05.2020
    @ninjahuman (AU1) my original idea was just to skip construction but @Jasist2 (INT1) made a brilliant suggestion that maybe it could a 50% gift on it (that's if you were building a cow, or apples etc.) or if you're building a barn or house, it could give extra workers or barn space, possibly only temporary worker, which could be quite useful.
    Ok. I think it would be difficult to take advantage of temporary workers and what would happen if the workers left but there were not enough spare workers to cope with the worker reduction? I'm not too sure how that would work. The 50% gift sounds nice and that could be useful. Personally, the construction part doesn't sound that useful since there are other ways to get a better advantage with construction but I guess some players would find it useful.

Sorry if I am being a bit critical but the gift part sounds nice. :)

True, i see your point, though of course, the buildings that the temporary workers are used in could be called "temporary" in their title until the workers are backed up and if the temporary workers leave the temporary building/buildings are frozen until further workers are provided.

But still, the temporary workers wouldn't add that much to the game :)

• If it's all about speeding up production then why not have a construction slot on each farm.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Let me clarify about the temporary worker part: The temporary workers would stay until the next house/house upgrade are finished, so there will not be frozen buildings. The workers are temporary in the sense that it will eventually be accommodation for the extra workers gained, contrary to the extra workers gained by crop chopper, which the extra workers are permanent workers. 

For example, there are originally 0 free workers, and if a golden seaweed gives 10 temporary workers. Now, the player builds a house that gives 10 workers and uses the golden seaweed. Now the player have 10 permanent workers and 10 temporary workers. Then, the player builds 2 fields, with each requires 10 workers. After building the fields, the player would have no free workers, and every building will work normally. Now, after 10 days, and the player wants more workers, so he/she builds a house that gives 10 workers. The player STILL does not have any free workers, that's because the 10 temporary workers gained by golden seaweed are turned to permanent workers. 

If it's all about speeding up production then why not have a construction slot on each farm.

Often, it is about the immediate bonus the players want. In addition, having a construction slot for each farm would be overkill, which eliminates parts of the challenge of the game. 

• Let me clarify about the temporary worker part: The temporary workers would stay until the next house/house upgrade are finished, so there will not be frozen buildings. The workers are temporary in the sense that it will eventually be accommodation for the extra workers gained, contrary to the extra workers gained by crop chopper, which the extra workers are permanent workers. 

For example, there are originally 0 free workers, and if a golden seaweed gives 10 temporary workers. Now, the player builds a house that gives 10 workers and uses the golden seaweed. Now the player have 10 permanent workers and 10 temporary workers. Then, the player builds 2 fields, with each requires 10 workers. After building the fields, the player would have no free workers, and every building will work normally. Now, after 10 days, and the player wants more workers, so he/she builds a house that gives 10 workers. The player STILL does not have any free workers, that's because the 10 temporary workers gained by golden seaweed are turned to permanent workers. 

If it's all about speeding up production then why not have a construction slot on each farm.

Often, it is about the immediate bonus the players want. In addition, having a construction slot for each farm would be overkill, which eliminates parts of the challenge of the game. 

Interesting, but i could see how that could be used to just have extra workers, say if a high-level player has all the farmplots bought up and has used up all his space and is never going to do anything with any houses ever again except to upgrade a house to level 8 since he needs some workers to upgrade his last cowshed to level 9.

And, counting he uses golden seaweed, would he have the temporary workers for ever?

Also, maybe if forgot to mention in my earlier post, the temporary workers would only be available for a week or a few days, just long enough to give the player some time to do the necessary upgrades to makes them permanent workers :))

But i do agree with your view on adding a construction slot on each farm, it would be overkill and it would be way too easy :)
Sign In to comment.