Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Missions are not fair...useless

When you are pinned against players where you will never win...that is unfair!!!

CASE CLOSED!!!

Comments

• Micky53 (US1)Micky53 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    When you are pinned against players where you will never win...that is unfair!!!

CASE CLOSED!!!
    AGRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I am level 433
    I very rarely win a mission
    1st place almost always goes to somebody who is spending gold to get there
    If you want to be 1st you only need 1 field/stable and a lot of gold.

I look upon it as being like the London marathon. There are elite runners, club runners, casual runners and fun runners. The race is going to be won by an elite runner. As a casual runner I am not going to win ! My aim is to beat as many other casual runners as I can (and if I'm lucky and get my strategy dead right, I might beat the odd club runner too)
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I think this is an argument more of gold player against non gold player again. You also have to look at percentages too, where you always come out with a win.  If someone is in first place collects a lot, you collect a huge percentage of their points. So if you come in first place with a small amount, you actually win more coming in behind a person collecting a big amount.  2nd place gets 90%, 3rd gets 80% and so on and so forth.    You have more of an advantage than you realize and should take it when in a mission with a big gold player.  People that know this are usually thrilled.  

As for level, as uncle john said it has nothing to do with it.  I've lost to lower levels that have pummeled me.  
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think this is an argument more of gold player against non gold player again. You also have to look at percentages too, where you always come out with a win.  If someone is in first place collects a lot, you collect a huge percentage of their points. So if you come in first place with a small amount, you actually win more coming in behind a person collecting a big amount.  2nd place gets 90%, 3rd gets 80% and so on and so forth.    You have more of an advantage than you realize and should take it when in a mission with a big gold player.  People that know this are usually thrilled.  

As for level, as uncle john said it has nothing to do with it.  I've lost to lower levels that have pummeled me.  
    That is not true. The harvest amount of your opponents has no effect on your reputation point amount received as long as it doesn't affect your ranking. For example, if you harvested 10,000 wildflowers and came 2nd in a mission, you would receive the same amount regardless of whether 1st place harvested 20,000 or 30,000 wildflowers and regardless of whether 3rd place harvested 1,000 or 5,000 wildflowers.

I think a lot of players often think about the times where they had little or no chance or winning the mission, but they forget about the times where they are 1st place in the same situation. Unfortunately compared to other players, I very frequently end up in this position. But as I have discovered more about missions, I have noticed that it is often better to come 2nd or 3rd (sometimes even 6th) then to use up lots of resources to try for 1st.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    what i do not like when you do a mission and there is 3 or 4 people from the same coop and they keep feeding one with brushes or rakes do not have a chance
    now i'm on a journey to better understand this Ninja thank you!  I've been told that coming in behind me when I collect a lot benefits other players.  I'll have to sit back a bit to see what happens. I'm curious. 
    what i do not like when you do a mission and there is 3 or 4 people from the same coop and they keep feeding one with brushes or rakes do not have a chance
    If that happens, often the player will be using seaweed/gold combined with those gifts so it's better to try to shelve that one quickly and find another one. Anyway, it's usually better to play missions in quantity rather than quality if possible.

now i'm on a journey to better understand this Ninja thank you!  I've been told that coming in behind me when I collect a lot benefits other players.  I'll have to sit back a bit to see what happens. I'm curious. 
    You're welcome. I think the moderators were provided false information about how it worked which caused the confusion. The other significant thing is that the reputation points you receive per harvested item decrease rapidly when you harvest more so usually it's better to harvest the items over multiple missions compared to harvesting in one. There is also some significant difference between the reputation points obtained for 1st and 2nd place in missions but not as much for below 2nd.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    It's been a long time since I kept the numbers, but the difference in RPs you earn FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF PRODUCTION is gigantic, depending on where you place in the mission.  The rule of thumb was that 3rd place gets 1-1/2 times the points you'd get in 4th place.  2nd gets 1-1/2 times the points of 3rd place.  1st place gets 1-1/2 times what you'd get if you placed 2nd.   All for collecting the same amount of product.

If BigFarm would reduce those differences, the gold players wouldn't be so anxious to take 1st place all the time.

Of course, those players also wouldn't be buying and using as much gold either.
    It's been a long time since I kept the numbers, but the difference in RPs you earn FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF PRODUCTION is gigantic, depending on where you place in the mission.  The rule of thumb was that 3rd place gets 1-1/2 times the points you'd get in 4th place.  2nd gets 1-1/2 times the points of 3rd place.  1st place gets 1-1/2 times what you'd get if you placed 2nd.   All for collecting the same amount of product.

If BigFarm would reduce those differences, the gold players wouldn't be so anxious to take 1st place all the time.

Of course, those players also wouldn't be buying and using as much gold either.
    I have started collecting data from missions. It is not always the same difference between different ranks so it is not possible at the moment to say the exact difference, but from what I have seen so far the difference is greater than 50% between rank 1 and 2 and less than 50% between rank 2 and 3 and below.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140

That is not true. The harvest amount of your opponents has no effect on your reputation point amount received as long as it doesn't affect your ranking. For example, if you harvested 10,000 wildflowers and came 2nd in a mission, you would receive the same amount regardless of whether 1st place harvested 20,000 or 30,000 wildflowers and regardless of whether 3rd place harvested 1,000 or 5,000 wildflowers.

I think a lot of players often think about the times where they had little or no chance or winning the mission, but they forget about the times where they are 1st place in the same situation. Unfortunately compared to other players, I very frequently end up in this position. But as I have discovered more about missions, I have noticed that it is often better to come 2nd or 3rd (sometimes even 6th) then to use up lots of resources to try for 1st.
    We should expect that the more we work, the less we would earn. As we get more points, there are less rewards available but each of them are more valuable. However, in general, we won't get as much that it is often not worth it to spend gold or even seaweed to try to win. Exceptions are to spend seaweed products to try to get rewards of GML and GMB. Think of it as a square root function. 
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    The missions aren't really worth doing anymore, when events run you get stuck with people you don't have a hope against due to level and golders... and the lack of xp the missions are now worth, once upon a time if I won a feed mission with 10k feed I'd get around 100k rep but for the last year I only get about 40k.  Its not worth the effort.

Frankly I wish there was an option in the mission button area to start a mission with only free/gold/all options depending on what kind of challenge you want. I also wish everyone who pops up in a missions is within 10 levels of everyone else.  This would make me very happy.
    We should expect that the more we work, the less we would earn. As we get more points, there are less rewards available but each of them are more valuable. However, in general, we won't get as much that it is often not worth it to spend gold or even seaweed to try to win. Exceptions are to spend seaweed products to try to get rewards of GML and GMB. Think of it as a square root function. 
    Yes. The relationship is something like that. It doesn't appear to be a simple exponential or logarithmic function though.

The missions aren't really worth doing anymore, when events run you get stuck with people you don't have a hope against due to level and golders... and the lack of xp the missions are now worth, once upon a time if I won a feed mission with 10k feed I'd get around 100k rep but for the last year I only get about 40k.  Its not worth the effort.

Frankly I wish there was an option in the mission button area to start a mission with only free/gold/all options depending on what kind of challenge you want. I also wish everyone who pops up in a missions is within 10 levels of everyone else.  This would make me very happy.
    Sometimes you are stuck with players that will put a lot of effort into winning one particular mission. But generally it's better to just split the harvest over multiple missions. I did that in the previous CC to collect 10 million reputation points from missions. And I only really harvested large amounts in field missions without the stackmaster and with some milk and egg missions. So if you often focus on coming first you will have to use gold or seaweed but often you can just harvest and shelve with reasonable amounts for a good score.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Farmers, if you think changing the mission percentages will help you, think again. I challenge all of you to do your own research, do the missions, take notes, test out the differences between 1st place and lower,  amounts you gathered compared to those that placed higher or lower, and the reps that you get. Rather than listen to me or anyone else ramble on about things that may or may not be true regarding the missions and percentages, Check it out for yourselves 
    This may prevent changes in the CC that hurt all farmers. 

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Farmers, if you think changing the mission percentages will help you, think again. I challenge all of you to do your own research, do the missions, take notes, test out the differences between 1st place and lower,  amounts you gathered compared to those that placed higher or lower, and the reps that you get. Rather than listen to me or anyone else ramble on about things that may or may not be true regarding the missions and percentages, Check it out for yourselves 
    This may prevent changes in the CC that hurt all farmers. 

You are so right antigone6. To many players are focussed on comming in at 1th place in the mission,when they cannot reach that 1th place they are thinking they have failed in that mission and they sometimes feel bad about it. A friend of me has a high level farm with 38 or 40 fertiles fields and no chickens but good amount of cows and pigs. He harvest untill he can shelve without using the stackmaster and has very high scores,however when he is in a mission with 1 of the big spenders he will play on that mission with normal seeds to se or the other accept his defeat with 10 fields or spend another 20 or 30 bags of purple seaweed humus to win at any cost that mission from him. He gets with his farm easy to 4 million points by dooing 2 rounds from 2.5 hours playing missions. Now the lower level players(inc me)have changed to that system and it works great. When you play relaxed and not that focussed on win,win,win every mission the points keep on comming in a the fun slowly comes back 
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 17.05.2020
    The old bull and the young bull were standing at the top of the hill overlooking a paddock of many gorgeous young heifers. The young bull said, "Let's charge down the hill, knock over that fence and service one of those heifers each". The old bull wisely replied, "Why don't we saunter down the hill, open the gate, take a sip at the water trough and then service ALL of those heifers?"

Moral: Sometimes slower is way better.
    The old bull and the young bull were standing at the top of the hill overlooking a paddock of many gorgeous young heifers. The young bull said, "Let's charge down the hill, knock over that fence and service one of those heifers each". The old bull wisely replied, "Why don't we saunter down the hill, open the gate, take a sip at the water trough and then service ALL of those heifers?"

Moral: Sometimes slower is way better.
    love it! 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file