Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    And again... 12 races   0   wins
    6 days ago standing at  881 points   now   889
    Wow...  is really great fun  >:)
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    36 races and two wins????
    and that against lower horses????
    ridicules !!!!!
    level is not everything, effects are every bit as important if not more so and now there is defensive equipment too. Consider the situation of 2 players with identical horses neither of whom equip their horses when challenging but both, by default, use defensive equipment. When he challenges you, you will win but, when you challenge him, he will win !!
    I think you're right on this @Uncle John (GB1) , since reaching diamond league I've mostly saved myself the effort of adding equipment to my horse, and yes, I lose almost all challenges (unexplicably still win some against higher levels, must be the effects) but I see in the challenge list I win most the challenges against me.

• rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I am losing most my challenges now even when i use equipment, even when my horse is higher level. GGS what the heck have you done to the horse tournament? 
  • ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    It's unbelieveble frustrating, the current  horse matches, Whatever you do , you loose, even from much lower levels and with  saddles and boots.
    It's not fun  this way and feels not fair: Rules zoo complicated, that  you can't predict what you are doing and probably a random factor to mystify the whole understanding of it.

@ GGS: Please withdraw these addition: You're ruining everything related to the horsestuff, incuding the islands
    and again... 10 races   two wins....  in 7 days  from 881   to  889
    very frustrating.... 
  • kevbert (GB1)kevbert (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    I though I had a handle on this by only selecting saddles that lowered the time penalty for balking. This was not true and I am still unable to make enough kit for more than a few races per day with boots and leg protectors.
    Even then, the effects are negligible because I have a high level horse (135) and level 5 in the new scheme. I routinely lose all or virtually all my matches against horses up to forty levels lower in the old scheme and level 1 in the new.

What is the point of putting kit on if you still stand no more than a random and crappy chance of winning?

GG Needs to either explain the rules to everyone about how this kit affects your chances to win, and show it, or remove them. Because right now they look to be totally unfair, and have ruined the game.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I am losing most my challenges now even when i use equipment, even when my horse is higher level. GGS what the heck have you done to the horse tournament? 
    Same here and I hate all of those trees, there are far too many. It is nothing but clutter. I do not like the horse ranch at all!!!
  • I was really hoping that the horse ranch would have its own construction slot, especially now with upgrades available for buildings and trees, and about a million tree stumps to upgrade!  Also i am not understanding what items I have or how to use them in a race.  And I can't make any more because It says my storage is full but I cant figure out how to use them up so I can make some more.  Its all a little too complex for me right now.
    I agree, my storage is full and when I try to use the items made for the horse it says it is not an option????
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Very disappointed with the "new" horse ranch. Training & competing horses used to be fun. No more. My best horse which used to always get to platinum level isn't going to even make it to the higher levels in gold. I've added what equipment I can to no avail. Will put my focus on the other areas of the game. Sad to lose a fun part of the game.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I follow up on my first posts on the topic.
    The last week, I have lost around 30points every night and I can spend most day trying to win it back. That doesn't work (!)- and with the time left of the tourney I don't believe Ill end in plantin as I'm used to when finished.- This morning I had lost 32 points and is well back in Gold.
    I have better horses, than the ones you sell for thousands of gold - so you don't tempt me to buy - why would I, if the horses can't win?
    Maybe the balancing is better for higher levels - don't know - but this is probably my last season, if changes are not made - very frustrating spending all this time, for absolutely no gain!
    SKN is a small server and I race the same players over and over - and lose ofcourse, since most the horses here has much higher levels and attributes.

I still believe that there needs to be some kind of balancing here!! 
    and again...10 races     0 wins.....
    after each race i look at the finis line and there is always 20 at 40 sec. different 
    so there is no point to uses a attribute with  f.e.  -2.5 seconds

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Are you kidding Me!!!!!! , I was almost to the top of the Silver page, then I went to do My racing for this morning only to end up back at the Bottom of the list? , what kind of rip off is this ???? , I am so not happy with this so called New Racing update, you can put it back the way it was thank you. :(
    Can't agree more Blue Denim, I cannot be bothered now I win 1 lose 20 with horse all kitted out with everything, so demoralising all that training for zilch :)
    If anyone learns the "trick" to properly matching up the equipment with the opponent's horse attributes & abilities to increase the chances of winning I hope they will clue us in, Please! thanks!
    Difficult when most of the horse attributes are hidden. You will only show the first 3 bonuses for a horse from strength agility and endurance. even if there are 2 for strength you only see one. You therefore cannot tell what bonuses they have unless they only have 3. Even then, you can only add equipment that increments one of your stats.
    i'm looking at racing here YMMV.
    Boots will pick one of these stats for one obstacle and add 7 to it (for my level). Saddles will only help at one type of obstacle by reducing your times either in balking or rushing behavior (but not both) - this has nothing to do with the other horse's stats. Leg protectors will increase your jumping or dressage breeding factor to racing + 28. Nothing to do with other horse stats. Saddle cloths will increase your stats by 40 for agility or 10 for endurance. Nothing to do with other horse. Hats are next to useless as they only speed up the rush to the first obstacle.
    From what I can tell, the chance of your horse rushing, balking (slowing down) or going normally is given a percentage chance.Each obstacle you roll a dice and it decides on those percentages how long you take and how long the other horse takes. From watching this in the results this you will quickly see that the other horse has equipment that benefits it at all obstacles were as yours only benefits you at 1 type. This is why everybody is losing all the time. I'm not sure after checking all this what effect using the saddle cloths is because i have never bothered with them. If they turn out to be a magic bullet I'll let you know.

• I'm confused why the defender uses all 3 types of objects at each obstacle.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @kevbert (GB1)   I agree with you, we have all become more able to defend. We will all win fewer races when challenging but lose fewer when being challenged. Overall we will all score less than we have in the past, everybody will move down the leagues a little, there will be fewer horses finishing in Diamond until they get more training..
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Are you kidding Me!!!!!! , I was almost to the top of the Silver page, then I went to do My racing for this morning only to end up back at the Bottom of the list? , what kind of rip off is this ???? , I am so not happy with this so called New Racing update, you can put it back the way it was thank you. :(
    as said before , the levels have more pages (silver has 2 pages)
    Thanks for the info , But I can not seem to get past the 1st page, let alone the 2nd, I wish they would change it back yup.
    Could any Moderator bring our feedback to the Team, so they have chance to act before the next season starts?
    Could you also ask, if we could get an insight in, what the plan with the game was - did you suspect it would be fun to play, if we all kept losing?
    That's a strange strategy... 
    Please explain the purpose of the game and some tips now you're at it..
    Could we also please get an 'opt out' of the event ?

-didah
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I had started planting trees, but must sell most of the harvest as soon as it is ready as there is no space to store anything, and all I get is silly shields to grow more. Why would I want to grow more?
    As with apparently everyone else, it doesn't look like I will get my normal rank at the end. (In my case, platinum.)
    I quit bothering to fill the boat and use the greenhouse, who needs horseshoes any more?
    -
    Sigh
    Maybe it will all work out?
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Hello GrammaLeah and everyone else here concerned about the large upgrade to our beautiful well trained horses, you are right, GrammaLeah! It will all work out!
    I want to let you all know that all your concerns are being heard and are reaching the right ears at GGS.
    Please keep the constructive criticism coming. We appreciate it and need it.

I was just pondering the size and depth of the upgrades we get in our free game. In my humble opinion the Fishing Region or the Horse ranch could probably be sold as stand alone games. You get a manual telling you how to play, play them and sooner or later you come to the end. Our game never ends. This is a strategy game and a lot of us enjoy figuring out how the new upgrades work and spreading this knowledge thru our coops then, the Big Farm World as a whole thru our Forum. We can and do progress thru the game without having to ever buy gold and we get gold for free in the game, (as Manuel in Faulty Towers says: ev v v v eeennnt u a lly) eventually  :)
    Yes it is slower and a bit harder these days but splashing out on Gold is a choice to speed things up, not a necessity to progress in the game.

Thank you all for the kind welcomes. I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I'm used to hiding so I'm going back to figure these Horses out, do some fishing and some relaxing harvests.
    Talk to you soon
    WillyBigFoot

• jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Like so many others, I've tried to be strategic in what I craft and upgrade but I don't ever get the chances to use them. I have fairly leveled up horses for all three types of competitions - each horse is at least level 100 or better. I craft equipment for racing let's say, and specialized against mud obstacles. Yet when I try to use them, I could only equip saddles consistently. I have complementary leg braces, helmets, etc but rarely can I equip them. 

AND the time consumed just to equip for each race? It's not encouraging since I'm just losing every race anyways. I might win 1 or 2 races of 12. With a Dream World, Coop Challenge event, Candy Farm, Fairy Tale event, deep sea fishing and who knows what else, this new horse competition set-up is just way too complicated, unsatisfying and not enjoyable in any way. PLEASE make it simplified if you want to try salvaging it but the way it is right now, it does not bring any of us joy. 

As Mari Kondo says "Embrace that you don't need it and throw it away."
    The defensive kit provides too much of an advantage IMHO. If it was removed, then it would be down to your horse's training and breeding to define those balk and rush probabilities. Adding Kit would allow you to skew that ratio, and skillful addition of kit according to the race would be necessary to win against a slightly higher horse, or get a higher win probability against a lower horse.
    As it is, there is no incentive to kit your horse, and the dye requirements for saddle-cloths are ridiculously high. Eight dye for one cloth? When you need up to 17 to race? I am only able to make about 24 dye on a good day. So i can make an earth shattering 3. And they are used up per obstacle, not per race, so you won't even get to finish a race with saddle-cloth advantage.
    Also it would be helpful to people that have lost a lot of expensive kit in a race if you could put back the result that shows how likely it was that you would win the race. Finding out you had a 30% or 78% probability would alter your tactics or stop you taking on that competition altogether.
    All we get now is 'fail', 'fail' fail'. Granted you can look at the times, but frequently the times I get against a horse of vastly lower level, even with full kit on lead me to believe that I was never in with a chance, coming in 20 or 30 seconds behind the winner. 
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 15.05.2020
    The following degrees are needed for the new horse farm:
    BVetMed (Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Medicine)
    BScFor (Bachelor of Science in Forestry and Wood Sciences)
    BSc (Eng) (Bachelor of Science in Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering)
    BSc (Eng) (Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing)
    Bsc (Zoology) (Bachelor of Science in Animal breeding)
    and lastly, a BSc (Computer Science) (Bachelor of Science in Cryptography) to figure it all out.

When you have finally completed all the degrees you can enjoy your horse farm while in retirement ;)
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 15.05.2020
    The worst part of this horse nonsense is that we now win very few races,. 
     I am running out of golden horse shoes.  This  has never happened before.
    The golden horse shoes are needed to buy new horses and upgrading.

I will not be racing a horse when the next horse tournament starts.
    There is no point to participating in something that has no benefit to my farms.

Post edited by rsny (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @rsny (US1) Watch that Smelter it uses those Golden Horseshoes :(
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 15.05.2020
    Hello GrammaLeah and everyone else here concerned about the large upgrade to our beautiful well trained horses, you are right, GrammaLeah! It will all work out!
    I want to let you all know that all your concerns are being heard and are reaching the right ears at GGS.
    Please keep the constructive criticism coming. We appreciate it and need it.

I was just pondering the size and depth of the upgrades we get in our free game. In my humble opinion the Fishing Region or the Horse ranch could probably be sold as stand alone games. You get a manual telling you how to play, play them and sooner or later you come to the end. Our game never ends. This is a strategy game and a lot of us enjoy figuring out how the new upgrades work and spreading this knowledge thru our coops then, the Big Farm World as a whole thru our Forum. We can and do progress thru the game without having to ever buy gold and we get gold for free in the game, (as Manuel in Faulty Towers says: ev v v v eeennnt u a lly) eventually  :)
    Yes it is slower and a bit harder these days but splashing out on Gold is a choice to speed things up, not a necessity to progress in the game.

Thank you all for the kind welcomes. I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I'm used to hiding so I'm going back to figure these Horses out, do some fishing and some relaxing harvests.
    Talk to you soon
    WillyBigFoot

We can and do progress thru the game without having to ever buy gold and we get gold for free in the game, 

you say we get gold in the game for free which is true, but for Me once in a blue moon for login in I might get 30 gold coins, the only way I was ever able to start getting a decent amount of  gold in the ( Years) of playing this game was from the horse racing if I was able to get to the gold section of the races , but now I can not even do that, and I refuse to buy gold for this game, and We have to make the items per every single run in each and every race? talk bout overkill  and taking forever just to do the races now, I am not happy bout this new update at all, nope, and if I wanted to get a  Bachelor's degree in horse racing I would of went to school for it in the real world , instead of  having it pushed at me in a game, I play My game to have fun and this is not fun in my opinion. :(

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    What is the trick to using the saddle blankets.  I never seem to be able to use them.  :/
    I believe you need an extra free slot to be able to use it - I can use it on one horse, but not on another..
Sign In to comment.