Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse competition and equipment is a joke!!!

I have not won 1 race in 3 competitions since they added the horse equipment. I usually win 1 or 2 races. The slots available for equipment is bare minimum. You must pay 20,000 gold to open more slots. This is a gold grabber which means $$$ for GGS. I guess this is the end of this farm..:((

Comments

• ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I haven't won as often as I use to. I don't understand what the equipment does or how it improves the horse's abilities in whichever competition one chooses. Those shields are no help whatsoever...too many are used for useless upgrades (those upgrades gobble up a lot of time as well).  Storage space is sooo limited, one might just not bother...wish we had a barn capacity like on MainFarm.  Those tree upgrades chew up lots of shields and time; stumps are just as bad in upgrades and time...sigh and boo-hoo.  I'm not enjoying racing which for me was always a nice change from events and quests...more sighs.  I'm at the "wait-and-see" stage.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Upgrading the Saddlers workshop gives 3 more slots, then 40 per slot (instead of 30) and then another 3 slots.
  • pea004 (GB1)pea004 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    I too used to have fun racing but its not good now....you spoiled it guys......just sorry I wasted all this time with training....
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Upgrading the Saddlers workshop gives 3 more slots, then 40 per slot (instead of 30) and then another 3 slots.
    Right & one needs enough equipment for all the obstacles per challenge per horse. Thinking the equipment is tournament level related - as in one's horse's tournament level - I have tons of equipment I can not use yet & have found I can only equip the lower quality equipment to any of my horse.
  • kerrbear (US1)kerrbear (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    I agree! the Horse farm is a joke. GGS ruined something that was once fun....now I am just frustrated more and more with each lose. I lose more than i win and can barely stay in the level that I had no problem getting to in the past. The equipment rarely helps me win. So much time is spent making it and equipping the horse, it is not worth it!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    More changes need to be made, that's for sure. I can't win a race anymore even with the crap we gotta take even more time out of our day to make. The horse season is no fun anymore, so sad.
  • Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I have been doing this tournament and found with the new system interesting. 
    My horse is 135.
    The first week I used the tack on my horses and won maybe 5%
    After week one I stopped using any tack and got the following results.
    Anything above my level won 0/34.- 0%
    Level 100 to 135 won 22/182-8%
    Less than 100 won 68/114.- 77%
    Won one contest in the last 2 days. not one horse was above level 125 Going backwards. 
    The difference now is, when challenged, I win more than half which is better.
    Used to win 1 in 10 before.  
    Not burning time making gear and using mathematical algorithms to figure best gear for each race.  I used the horse tourney as relaxation.  But the new system is saving my money since I stopped buying gold for event farm.  Spent my last 35k on the farm that just ended.
    Glad some like the more time intensive tournament and the trees everywhere.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Thanks for the data, Lnwolf.  This is in accord with what I've been experiencing (though I haven't been keeping records.)  My horse is Level 116.
    I didn't know that I was losing fewer ribbons when challenged.  That's good news.
    I HATE losing about 95% of the races I run!!!  But my percentages seem to be about the same as yours --  Never win against a same or higher level horse.  It seems that a horse needs to be about 10 to 12 Levels lower than my horse for me to stand any chance of winning.  But now there's MANY fewer times I'm facing horses of lower level.

I sure hope BF changes this back towards what it was before because I don't like playing a game I'm guaranteed to lose.  I don't mind losing the GML for a prize as much as I hate being beat to death to get anywhere in the game.
    I have been doing this tournament and found with the new system interesting. 
    My horse is 135.
    The first week I used the tack on my horses and won maybe 5%
    After week one I stopped using any tack and got the following results.
    Anything above my level won 0/34.- 0%
    Level 100 to 135 won 22/182-8%
    Less than 100 won 68/114.- 77%
    Won one contest in the last 2 days. not one horse was above level 125 Going backwards. 
    The difference now is, when challenged, I win more than half which is better.
    Used to win 1 in 10 before.  
    Not burning time making gear and using mathematical algorithms to figure best gear for each race.  I used the horse tourney as relaxation.  But the new system is saving my money since I stopped buying gold for event farm.  Spent my last 35k on the farm that just ended.
    Glad some like the more time intensive tournament and the trees everywhere.

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 01.07.2020
    The horse racing has been broken for awhile, usually I still get to the gold league but it's getting harder with lots more losses against people I should be able to beat... currently my level 85 horse cannot beat someone who has half or less the levels of my horse, why did I bother training and building up my horse for nothing.

EDIT: I can no longer get anywhere near the gold league as GGS decided to break the event.
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • Shamarah (US1)Shamarah (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    This horse racing is now useless. I race against a horse 10 levels below mine with zero attributes and always lose.
    My horse  is a level 115 with 6 breeding effects, with a minimum of +15 and a total of 50 visits to coop.
    How do a lose against a level 95 with no attributes at all. Bye bye horse racing for me.
    Absolute rubbish!
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    edited 18.05.2020
    i am done with horse championship you start stuff do not tell us any thing about it i am done
    Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
  • sirbobby (GB1)sirbobby (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    I agree with pretty much everything in this thread.

Such a shame the horse farm has been completely ruined. It used to be a relaxed farm, easy to understand, quite rewarding and tied in with the other farms well. No fun in losing all the time and the whole balance of the game has been lost. What's the point of training horses, doing the temporary farms and completing shipping orders now ? 

Now I win 1 or 2 in every 10 against 'lower' horses and never seem to win against higher horses. Can't be bothered to even try and understand what all of these new things do, a few attempts at equipping the horse suggests to be that they do nothing - just more mouse clicks to lose again. Credit to those trying to understand it though. 

Can't see GGS back-tracking and removing all this rubbish. At best they'll modify it so we win more. It'll still be rubbish though. 
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    i am also done with horse racing. i would buy extra horse gas. not anymore. i used to buy gold on DW. not anymore, used to buy balloon packs not anymore.   suspicious what ggs is doing with the CC (they are not benevolent company at all)  waiting for them to mess that up and this is why we really don't have it not because they iistened to us about needing a break.  I'm highly suspicious about what punishment they have in store for us all next.  
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    gonna use up all my horse stuff and then i am done.all this is a bunch of garbage when you can not win against some one 30 training behind you. then there is  no since in training your horse any more be cause it does not matter any more
  • I agree with what everyone else has said. Losing 90% of your races no matter what you do is not fun! And needing 30 something pieces of equipment per race is pure bull crap. Doubt I could crank out enough even with my ranch at full production. It should be ONE piece of equipment for each type of obstacle, not one piece for EACH obstacle.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    I have been following this thread with interest and while I agree with many of the comments one also needs to be realistic. Normally my best horse reaches gold, in the last two seasons it has reached platinum without any further training. Yes, it does lose a lot more than before when I race however is does not lose as much when challenged by another player (See pic below). I only use helmets (the extra fuel ones) when I have them in stock other than that it is just normal racing. The farm does need some "balancing" but in general it seems to be more fair.

Another one.... this time for racing. I was challenged and although my horse is not setup for racing it won. I think we are all confused as to how the farm works and BFG really should not be so stingy with information.

• Well, For some players, Part of the fun is to discover and learn things !

but yes you are correct, People lose much less now when they are challenged

There seems to have lots of subtleties with the whole new permanent farm! :)

A tendency observed, making equipment becomes a bit easier, when all stumps are developed into tree's

it seems to have been launched a bit more toward end game ( kinda oriented ) , ( personal belief )
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 19.05.2020
    It is a struggle trying to figure out what works and what doesn't on horse farm. I see winnings on very few. Right, when I start to get a working theory of the horse level, attributes etc. , then I lose more than I won, so no good working theories yet. I am losing a lot more races now. MORE INFORMATION GGS, would be greatly appreciated.

:-)
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    It seems that it gets harder to win when we challenge others, but it gets easier to win when being challenged. However, this makes player gain challenge points slower, thus getting less rewards. My hypothesis is that this is another move of GGS to hinder our earning of gold. 

When we challenge others and win (challenger), we always get 4 challenge points and hundreds of golden horseshoes, no matter what league we are in. When we lose, we get no challenge points and a few golden horseshoes, but we also have nothing to lose. At the same time, a person is getting challenged (defender). If they win, they only gain a few golden horseshoes and no challenge points. If they lose, I think they still gain one golden horseshoe, but they lose a maximum of 4 challenge points. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I have no access to the challenge due to my level. 

We can see that, when the challenger wins in gold league or below, there is a net increase of total challenge points (ie. the total challenge points of the two players involved). However, when the challenger wins in platinum or diamond league, the challenge points are in equilibrium. When the defender wins, the challenge points are always in equilibrium. Therefore, the more the challenger wins, the more the total challenge points will be increased. 

The gold rewards only exist in gold league or above, which requires a few hundred challenge points (I forgot the exact amount). When the challenger wins less, less challenge points will be gained by players, and therefore less players can get into the higher leagues. This results in less rewards are given out, including those containing gold. Since horse tournament runs constantly, it can be treated as a constant income of gold, or the gold earning increases linearly with respect to time. 

Therefore, unless there are more rewards (ie. the horse crest can be used to exchange tokens or other items), and considering how GGS takes away the earning of gold in varies places of the game, it is highly likely that this change is introduced to decrease our earning of gold. 

PS: Sorry for seemingly writing an essay
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    and why are the horse trees and buildings the only autostart thing in the game

as someone who dont want trees it ruins the times on horseranch
  • sirbobby (GB1)sirbobby (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    Well, For some players, Part of the fun is to discover and learn things !

but yes you are correct, People lose much less now when they are challenged

There seems to have lots of subtleties with the whole new permanent farm! :)

A tendency observed, making equipment becomes a bit easier, when all stumps are developed into tree's

it seems to have been launched a bit more toward end game ( kinda oriented ) , ( personal belief )

I agree that discovering new things is part of the fun, but only when it is reasonably easy to do so and when things are clear. In this case it is far too complicated - no doubt a good idea to start with but one that has become way too complex. Surely this game is intended as a fun pastime and figuring this out goes way beyond that.

We may well lose fewer when defending but is obvious that we also win fewer when challenging. The net result is doing worse over the one month season. I'll finish 180 - 200 points lower (a league lower) than I have done for a long while - well over 18 months, probably 2 years. That offers little incentive. 

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Same here SirBobby, I have hit plat for at least 2 years, not this time... I have learned a lot of what is going on with the horse farm, but when I can win against a higher level horse with higher attributes and lose to a lower level with lower attributes...where does that make sense? 

• I have to say that I really tried to get on board with all the new Horse stuff but, having that said, I am so completely dissappointed! Not only is it difficult to understand what equipment is suppose to do what but, the challenges have become impossible to win no matter what level your horse is, and what level the horse you go up against is! Making things competetive is one thing however, when the game is set up for us to constantly fail regardless of our efforts, it is really sickening. I think if the game would just be fair at least some of the time we could all be more enthusiastic but this has really made game play more dissappointing than ever!
    @Jasist2 (INT1) Below are the various levels for your information:

• Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    @Jasist2 (INT1) Below are the various levels for your information:

That's the same as what I remember, so GGS have not changed the earning of challenge points. They have added horse crests as rewards, possibly along with the other rewards that existed before the change. 
  • They need to work on the horse competition..  When people challenge me I seem to win just about every game but when I make stuff for the competition and challenge others I lose about 98 percent of the time and I am tired of losing... I don't mind losing I just don't like to lose all the frigging time.. I have upgraded trees to get more stuff to make more items, I have my horses which is taking way too long to upgrade.. When I do make  leg wraps or the saddle pad I never win any +strength, endurance, or any other breeding effect... The only thing that I have won if I win at all is Gas... Something needs to change ... Its just not any fun anymore..
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    We need a bulldozer and a paddy lock. The bulldozer is to make the whole farm as flat as a pooltable,and the paddy lock to closed the fence of that farm and throw the key in the sea and leave it for what it is. And Timini tufu,it is time that we get new things on the farm without have to to the state university of Big Farm to find out how thing work,or not working. It is a game for people,not for number wizzards or number nerds. When does somebody understand that. And not hide behind words like:: New Exciting Revamped Challeging etc etc. The long term players know that words and they know it means realy NOTHING
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Ah... so in order to win consistently we have to breed in the horse meadow.
    Thanks much, I won't worry about the racing then. (I tried a few times and have little luck breeding horses.)
    Thanks again, WillyBigFoot !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file