Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Mining Licances ...

khadj1234 (GB1)khadj1234 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 446
Hello Everyone . :)
Does  anyone know where i can get GML from ?
edit:sorry this is not part of bug reporting and technical issues its just a question

Comments

• You can get gold mining licenses from:
    -the task to upgrade mine to lvl2
    -placing 1-50 in hard worker events
    -jackpot spin in wheel of fortune
    -mystery boxes
    -hard work rewards in hard worker events
  • khadj1234 (GB1)khadj1234 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 446
    thank you
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    @khadj1234 (GB1) Always keep a gold balance of 2000 as you will need that to manufacture your GML's. When you harvest your GML you will get your original 2000 gold back plus the harvested amount of an additional 2000 gold.
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    Pleasure park, you can get 2 GML if you play with it, can buy with ticket that you win of Pleasure Park 
    Thank you everyone for your advice :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @khadj1234 (GB1) Always keep a gold balance of 2000 as you will need that to manufacture your GML's. When you harvest your GML you will get your original 2000 gold back plus the harvested amount of an additional 2000 gold.
    To expand on this a little - try to keep 3500 gold on hand at all times keep an eye out for the Big Farm Deals to show up in your parking lot. He/Omar will - once in a blue moon - offer you a GML to buy for 1500 Gold. Do so which will leave you 2000 gold to start that GML in your level 2 mine or better - when ready u harvest 4000 gold making 500 gold each time you can do this!
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    you can only get them when they feel like it. they took them from wheel of fortune now only hope is you might get one in mystery boxes or if you luck out and win golden boxes
    yup i got one from a mystery box and i got gold with it too thanks everyone
  • steve p. (US1)steve p. (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    You can get gold mining licenses from:
    -the task to upgrade mine to lvl2
    -placing 1-50 in hard worker events
    -jackpot spin in wheel of fortune
    -mystery boxes
    -hard work rewards in hard worker events

thank you
      LOL Oh Yeah like that's gonna happen any time soon.  May as well Just forget about it and give up to the fact that we will have to buy the gold, if we want it.   Mystery Box,  Wheel of Fortune,  forget about it,  don't hold your breath   LOL   The fishing hard worker and horse competition was almost a sure thing at one time, But they've taken that away also'. So if we want gold we have to buy it.. And producing tin or copper also makes little sense to me. I've done that many times and really all it does is cost golden horse shoes and crests, but the return is less  then what you've spent, not to mention the time and effort. what a freeking joke. Makes absolutely no sense. Big Farm is just getting more wonky all the time   :(  :(  :(    
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
      LOL Oh Yeah like that's gonna happen any time soon.  May as well Just forget about it and give up to the fact that we will have to buy the gold, if we want it.   Mystery Box,  Wheel of Fortune,  forget about it,  don't hold your breath   LOL   The fishing hard worker and horse competition was almost a sure thing at one time, But they've taken that away also'. So if we want gold we have to buy it.. And producing tin or copper also makes little sense to me. I've done that many times and really all it does is cost golden horse shoes and crests, but the return is less  then what you've spent, not to mention the time and effort. what a freeking joke. Makes absolutely no sense. Big Farm is just getting more wonky all the time   :(  :(  :(    
    It can be difficult to collect gold, but it is realistic to be able to collect it without buying it. You can get it from the FHWE without too much difficulty if you have herring ready when it starts. Most hard work rewards where gold is available can be collected without gold or with a smaller amount than you get from a prize in the worst case scenario.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I have never bought gold and often have around 50,000 of it.  I am careful how I spend it... rarely, rarely use it to speed up harvesting.  I save for water tower upgrades, used for doghouse upgrades early on.  I made the mistake of getting a fertile field and house... won't do that again. This is a game of patience, and that seems to be what most people fail to understand.  I don't feel the need to win, win, win everything... it's a game and just a game... not a way to show my worth to the world. 
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    edited 13.05.2020
    Well, if you really want to get the gold mining license from the FHWE, here are the steps: 
    if you are on or below level 55, then: 
        - quit your cooperative (to avoid participating in CC)
        - only send oleg for fishing on rented boats and deep sea fishing
        - DO NOT make anything that would increase your fishing XP (don't produce chum and avoid the restaurant)
        - avoid all rewards that would give fishing XP in events
    else: 
        - Sorry, no luck for you

Unfortunitely, as fishing XP are still being rewarded in FHWE, this cannot continue indefinitely, nor is it feasible. At least until you level up to a certain level that you are able to get the reward from hard worker rewards. 
    Well, if you really want to get the gold mining license from the FHWE, here are the steps: 
    if you are on or below level 55, then: 
        - quit your cooperative (to avoid participating in CC)
        - only send oleg for fishing on rented boats and deep sea fishing
        - DO NOT make anything that would increase your fishing XP (don't produce chum and avoid the restaurant)
        - avoid all rewards that would give fishing XP in events
    else: 
        - Sorry, no luck for you

Unfortunitely, as fishing XP are still being rewarded in FHWE, this cannot continue indefinitely, nor is it feasible. At least until you level up to a certain level that you are able to get the reward from hard worker rewards. 
    This is a bit extreme in my opinion. Unless you are talking about the gold mining licence from the ranking, obtaining the gold mining licence from the hard work reward is the same difficulty at every level. So it will be easier with better boats and a higher fishing level won't impact that.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    BigFarm has been changing where the GMLs come from for the last many months, but as far as I can tell they haven't really changed how much gold you can earn from the game.  It just comes from different places now.
    There's Omar and his GML for 1500 gold.  Not as often, but still there.
    There's mystery boxes - very rare to get a GML but happens.  And the 300 gold from a mystery box seems to have increased.
    The FHWE GML can be earned by most from the Hard Work rewards.
    The GML from the regular HWE can only be won if you rank in the Top 50.  (No joy there any more)
    The Gold Mystery boxes often enough have Gold Flowers which are worth about 750 gold for each harvest.
    Monty's Wheel has no GML any more.  (Sad face.)
    Pleasure Palace event has 3 GMLs that you can buy with Tickets you win.  (You're allowed to buy 1 on the first offer and 2 more on the 2nd.) Probably most people could win these.
    Looks like they're taking away the GML from the Horse Races - at least for most people.
    Of course there's your daily Log-In reward gold (good for 30 to 130 gold per week)
    There's the Fortune Teller -- your first 100 gold spent wins you back 200 gold.  She only cheats you about once out of 13 or 15 times.  So it's a good regular source.
    I have won a GML from a Gold Themed Box -- but only once out of I don't know how many boxes.
    And the Shinkei school.  You have to have about 2500 Shinkei coins to do this (because you have to play at Level 7 to get the GML offered as a prize) but very often you'll win 1 or 2 GMLs from playing just a couple of courses.
    I think that's a pretty complete list of gold sources at this time, though I may have forgotten a rare or random one.

But the good news is that, over the few months I've been watching this, the amount of gold I earn in a month has remained approximately the same.  You can rely on about 5000 gold a month if you cover all the bases.

BigFarm has been changing where the GMLs come from for the last many months, but as far as I can tell they haven't really changed how much gold you can earn from the game.  It just comes from different places now.
    There's Omar and his GML for 1500 gold.  Not as often, but still there.
    There's mystery boxes - very rare to get a GML but happens.  And the 300 gold from a mystery box seems to have increased.
    The FHWE GML can be earned by most from the Hard Work rewards.
    The GML from the regular HWE can only be won if you rank in the Top 50.  (No joy there any more)
    The Gold Mystery boxes often enough have Gold Flowers which are worth about 750 gold for each harvest.
    Monty's Wheel has no GML any more.  (Sad face.)
    Pleasure Palace event has 3 GMLs that you can buy with Tickets you win.  (You're allowed to buy 1 on the first offer and 2 more on the 2nd.) Probably most people could win these.
    Looks like they're taking away the GML from the Horse Races - at least for most people.
    Of course there's your daily Log-In reward gold (good for 30 to 130 gold per week)
    There's the Fortune Teller -- your first 100 gold spent wins you back 200 gold.  She only cheats you about once out of 13 or 15 times.  So it's a good regular source.
    I have won a GML from a Gold Themed Box -- but only once out of I don't know how many boxes.
    And the Shinkei school.  You have to have about 2500 Shinkei coins to do this (because you have to play at Level 7 to get the GML offered as a prize) but very often you'll win 1 or 2 GMLs from playing just a couple of courses.
    I think that's a pretty complete list of gold sources at this time, though I may have forgotten a rare or random one.

But the good news is that, over the few months I've been watching this, the amount of gold I earn in a month has remained approximately the same.  You can rely on about 5000 gold a month if you cover all the bases.

Nice job. That is a good list.

A few small things that I may add:

There is a GML that comes from the HWE at 5.5 million points which can be achieved without gold depending on your activity level. If you have a good farm and you are active to play the HWE then it shouldn't be a problem to reach it.

I think you can only purchase two GMLs from the pleasure park trader. One for 12,000 tickets and a second one for 24,000 tickets.

I don't know if the GMLs are gone from Monty's WOF. But otherwise you can spin on the WWC WOF for championship coins and seaweed items as well as mystery boxes and GMLs. Last time I got over 400 mystery boxes and 3 GMLs from around 1,500 tokens.

You can also play the weekly event speed tasks but I imagine it would be quite competitive on larger servers like the US one.

Otherwise good list. :)
    I cannot seems to be able to reach the GML that requires 3.3 million points or something like that, in FHWE. My fishing boats consist of runaboats and level 6 Norfolk wherries, which are my main fishing boats. I am only level 53 right now (44 for fishing level), which I cannot buy much of the good boats. don't see how is it achievable for lower ranked players. (I almost always get the GML from ranking, but am far from the GML for points)

As for gold mystery boxes, You can exchange some lucky coins for gold mystery boxes, which cost 4500 each and I think you can exchange 10 per year if you are active during the golden week. Not a lot, but it is steady income with respect to time in years, so I think it's worth mentioning. Tokens can be exchanged by lucky coins, and I'm not sure which one are more worth exchanging. 

Village fair also offer tokens, and for gold league, gold mystery boxes. I'm not sure for leagues above gold league, but there are probably more valuable rewards. Although using tokens to spin the wheel is required for getting to high enough ranking, high return rate of token in VF WoF and the event end rewards should compensate a lot of the spending. 
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    trick to get gml in fhwe is loads of herring and nothing else.. as if u get it to 10 early enough it only needs to be feed herring
    I cannot seems to be able to reach the GML that requires 3.3 million points or something like that, in FHWE. My fishing boats consist of runaboats and level 6 Norfolk wherries, which are my main fishing boats. I am only level 53 right now (44 for fishing level), which I cannot buy much of the good boats. don't see how is it achievable for lower ranked players. (I almost always get the GML from ranking, but am far from the GML for points)

As for gold mystery boxes, You can exchange some lucky coins for gold mystery boxes, which cost 4500 each and I think you can exchange 10 per year if you are active during the golden week. Not a lot, but it is steady income with respect to time in years, so I think it's worth mentioning. Tokens can be exchanged by lucky coins, and I'm not sure which one are more worth exchanging. 

Village fair also offer tokens, and for gold league, gold mystery boxes. I'm not sure for leagues above gold league, but there are probably more valuable rewards. Although using tokens to spin the wheel is required for getting to high enough ranking, high return rate of token in VF WoF and the event end rewards should compensate a lot of the spending. 
    Try to have herrings ready for when it starts and try to keep them running. It is a bit difficult if your fleet is not well-developed but when it is well-developed it will work well.

Thanks. That is a good thing to mention. It depends on how many points you can get from the Golden week event and the Obon festival also gives lucky coins as well. The ranking rewards for some events like cooperative championships and pleasure park also give gold mystery boxes.
    oh wow thank you everyone for the information :)very appreciated ;)
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

Thanks, Ninja.
    I agree that the 5.5 million points on the regular HWE is possible.  I don't think I've ever done it 'cause it's just too much doggone work.  And I don't like getting bonus points from products other than Milk & Eggs 'cause it takes too much seaweed stuff.  (Though, now that I think about it, I probably have enough seaweed fertz to get a point out of apples.)

You can buy 2 of the 24,000-ticket GML in the Pleasure Park event.  Found that out by accident when I DIDN'T buy it as immediately as I could afford it.  You can spend 48,000 on that offer and get 2 GMLs for a total of 3 in the event.

And Monty made a liar out of me just this morning!  Won a GML!!  So that version of the Wheel isn't gone -- it just comes around very seldom.
    A few small things that I may add:

There is a GML that comes from the HWE at 5.5 million points which can be achieved without gold depending on your activity level. If you have a good farm and you are active to play the HWE then it shouldn't be a problem to reach it.

I think you can only purchase two GMLs from the pleasure park trader. One for 12,000 tickets and a second one for 24,000 tickets.

I don't know if the GMLs are gone from Monty's WOF. But otherwise you can spin on the WWC WOF for championship coins and seaweed items as well as mystery boxes and GMLs. Last time I got over 400 mystery boxes and 3 GMLs from around 1,500 tokens.

You can also play the weekly event speed tasks but I imagine it would be quite competitive on larger servers like the US one.

Otherwise good list. :)

edited 18.05.2020

Thanks, Ninja.
    I agree that the 5.5 million points on the regular HWE is possible.  I don't think I've ever done it 'cause it's just too much doggone work.  And I don't like getting bonus points from products other than Milk & Eggs 'cause it takes too much seaweed stuff.  (Though, now that I think about it, I probably have enough seaweed fertz to get a point out of apples.)

You can buy 2 of the 24,000-ticket GML in the Pleasure Park event.  Found that out by accident when I DIDN'T buy it as immediately as I could afford it.  You can spend 48,000 on that offer and get 2 GMLs for a total of 3 in the event.

And Monty made a liar out of me just this morning!  Won a GML!!  So that version of the Wheel isn't gone -- it just comes around very seldom.

Ok. If you have a good amount of fields, you can get bonus points from corn and wildflowers as well. I get them from wildflowers, corn, milk, eggs and dandelions since if I have special seeds ready I don't need any seaweed humus for that either. But I imagine that some players that don't have as many fields will struggle for those bonus points. Apples takes around 700 seaweed fertiliser with a level 9 cooperative apple orchard and a level 5 water tower if I recall correctly. At the moment I'm not doing too great in the event but I have 13 bonus points so that will be enough for the GML if I keep running the silo in case I can't be active for the event.

Oh ok. I don't remember being able to buy two of the second option but I will check next time. Thanks. :)

Yes. I think that the WOF's drop rates are random so it's never guaranteed whether you get a GML or not.

I think now there are more opportunities to collect gold but they require interaction with different events or different levels of difficulty, depending on how much you would like to collect or how far you would go to collect it.
    I can confirm that GMLs are still in WoF. Today I played the WWC WoF and guess what-- I got 2 GMLs from the bonus spin of the wheel. However, I had never received GML from the bonus spin. However, do note that it is the first time receiving GML from bonus spin in my entire history of playing BF (may include the first account that I abandoned, but I spin the wheel much more in my current account). From September 2019 I probably played all VF WoFs and half of the WWC WoF that appears, for the seaweed products. 

I played until I spin 8 jackpots to ensure my top 100 placement, to sustain my placement in VF and get some championship coins for WWC. I spent around 700 tokens before this round of spin, and probably around 200 tokens on this spin, which takes me from rank NULL to rank 8 (at that time). So, that is 900 tokens for 2 GMLs. Very expensive in terms of number of tokens used and currency spent, but for me, getting GML from WoF is just a bonus due to its extremely low drop rate. 

Apart from the GMLs I got 1.1k championship coins, 10+ units of seaweed products and used up 150 tokens. I did not take an account on other rewards because I am not interested, although I also got around 30 mystery boxes. I have hundreds of special seed rewards, after I used them in the Golden Week for lucky coins. 

Sorry for the ugly writing and the picture might be a bit blurry, I was not expecting the GML so I wrote that down in a hurry. 

Thanks, Ninja.

It only let me purchase one GML from each price from the pleasure park ticket trader. So it doesn't sound like it works that way.

I can confirm that GMLs are still in WoF. Today I played the WWC WoF and guess what-- I got 2 GMLs from the bonus spin of the wheel. However, I had never received GML from the bonus spin. However, do note that it is the first time receiving GML from bonus spin in my entire history of playing BF (may include the first account that I abandoned, but I spin the wheel much more in my current account). From September 2019 I probably played all VF WoFs and half of the WWC WoF that appears, for the seaweed products. 

I played until I spin 8 jackpots to ensure my top 100 placement, to sustain my placement in VF and get some championship coins for WWC. I spent around 700 tokens before this round of spin, and probably around 200 tokens on this spin, which takes me from rank NULL to rank 8 (at that time). So, that is 900 tokens for 2 GMLs. Very expensive in terms of number of tokens used and currency spent, but for me, getting GML from WoF is just a bonus due to its extremely low drop rate. 

Apart from the GMLs I got 1.1k championship coins, 10+ units of seaweed products and used up 150 tokens. I did not take an account on other rewards because I am not interested, although I also got around 30 mystery boxes. I have hundreds of special seed rewards, after I used them in the Golden Week for lucky coins. 

Sorry for the ugly writing and the picture might be a bit blurry, I was not expecting the GML so I wrote that down in a hurry. 

Ok nice. I think you should usually get around 8 championship coins per token and a GML around every 300 tokens. I usually just use this WOF although I have been using the candy farm WOF recently to collect sweet apiaries. You can also get a reasonable amount of gold from the mystery boxes as well.
    edited 04.06.2020

Try to have herrings ready for when it starts and try to keep them running. It is a bit difficult if your fleet is not well-developed but when it is well-developed it will work well.

I tried in this FHWE and my ships cannot get every herring from the pool. Even if I can, there may be times that a herring pool is not available and there is no way to sustain. like this: 

I think getting 3.39M points in FHWE requires luck, or higher level of boats, or both. I have 2.6 million points and I ranked the 7th (level 36-45) and there is less than one day left. 

Regarding the boxes, I opened 30 gold theme box and there are not a single one that contains gold. It can contain 10k to 2.5M shells/vouchers/runestones, 50-200 championship coins, some dollars and lucky coins, but I have not seen any gold from it yet. 
    Normal mystery boxes may contain 300 gold, 2 mystery boxes or 1 token, as well as a lot of useless stuff. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Jasist2 (INT1) Watch & keep track of what fish show up when in which pools. There is a pattern. Once u know this, then u can set up ur pools so u get a better selection when the pools do come back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file