Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Deep sea fishing chum not working.

Yesterday I sent out a Level 3 trawler to collect Cod. It was configured as follows:
1 x Graphite Rod (Cod)
1 x Roy (Fish per hour)
1 x Victor (Fishing time)
6 x Lobster chum (+25% each for a total of 150%)

This should have caught 120 cod minus the hazard % and before the chum bonus is added. The boat returned with 96 cod and only harvested the 96 cod, no chum bonus which should have been 150% before hazard %.
Even taking the hazard % into account this should have harvested 240 Cod which it did not. Is it yet another bug or am fishing up the wrong tree?

Comments

• funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    edited 08.05.2020
    but chum dont add storage it only fish faster

u would catch more fish with 5 roy 3 brigitte and the rod and faster too
    Post edited by funki (US1) on
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    @funki (US1) Chum adds more catch to your boat not storage, it has no affect on the storage capacity of your boat. So you get your normal catch as per your crew and then a bonus % for using chum.
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    i never use chum or any rod kind stuff i go quantity fishing
    @funki (US1) I hear what you are saying but please understand that chum ADDS to your normal catch. I only use chum during the FHWE to increase the harvested amount of fish.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 08.05.2020
    @Fallen (INT1)  Sorry, you are mistaken.  Chum does not add fish to your catch.  In the formula for "fish caught"  chum acts as a increase to the fish/hour rate.  The total amount of fish caught (removed  from the pool) and carried back on the boat will never exceed the boat capacity,  The number of fish in the boat can be increased by a sparkle (ghost rod) anytime before unloading but that is the only way your harvest will ever be more than the boat capacity

in the OP example the level 3 trawler has 120 capacity and unloaded 96 - which suggests there were two 10% Hazard penalties.  While the OP implies the pool only went down by 96 cod, I suspect that is incorrect and that 120 were  actually removed from the pool.

edited 08.05.2020
    @funki (US1)  and @Lylu (INT1)  I apologise.  I was really under the wrong impression about the chum. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :smile:
  • In the fish market, orders for specific types of chum cannot be filled. So now everything I have already filled in the order will be trashed.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    In the fish market, orders for specific types of chum cannot be filled. So now everything I have already filled in the order will be trashed.
    Yes they can but it will take a long time in most cases. All types of chum can be made so they can be sold or put into contracts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file