Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair Changes

I did a quick search in the forum to see if this thread has been started. Sorry but I can't find anything so here is my suggestion.

Please change the Village Fair so that Challenges can only be started by deputies. Regular members do not understand, or often do not read, group messages or the chat to see that starting 14 hour challenges isn't helpful to the group, or choosing challenges that may only work for their farms, rather than communicating with the entire group for feedback.

We have tried stating guidelines for how to start challenges, send out messages, created video tutorials - The regular members still pick the wrong challenges. The rest of us sit at the bottom of the Farmer's League rankings.

In addition - an option to skip or end the challenge quickly would be amazing as well. Ideally, could be skipped with village farm dollars or regular dollars. I leave out gold as an option but hey, if you offer us this feature, it would be used.

I hope you will give this serious consideration. Our coop is a great bunch of people, as I think all coops must be, YET this Village Fair often sends people into frustration and anxiety to do well in their Farmer's League rankings.

Comments

• Jazz123 (US1)Jazz123 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    I totally agree, jules.  This has happened to us several times and it is beyond annoying.  It hurts morale not to mention standing in the Big Farm League.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 06.05.2020
    This has been brought up before but GGS are ignoring it or consider it a low priority for some reason. They don't let standard members start projects so why this?
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    For as long as I have played here (aprx 3 years)- this has been an issue - and it does get ignored.

Then again,  the Gold lock was also an issue for the longest time, and they did not make a big announcement when we finally got it - so, even if they for some reason don't wanna make the change, they probably will at some point.- So keep on posting is my suggestion ;)

• I totally agree. A new member just started a 14 hour challenge for the second day in a row. The fair has gone from my favorite event to one I dread. We like accepting beginning players, some of whom do not seem to have discovered mail or chat or simply don't understand. If bronze level page 1 came up when searching for a challenge instead of diamond or platinum, I think much of the problem would be fixed. These younger players click on the first thing they see. I would support the idea of only deputies being able to start challenges though. I have never booted a player for starting a bad challenge but am starting to consider it. The fair should be a fun event and not a frustrating event.
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    Totally agree with this it has to happen it is a blight on the game, I have now seen the ratings plummet because of muppets(they get kicked but a new one always comes along) starting long challenges worst this time same one so no bonuses to at least make up for it
    Must have at least Leader and deputies
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    Oh another thing to help direct all your coop members here to post and like
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    this has happened to us here multiple times I would suggest that if a leader or deputy could cancel a challenge the sting would be taken out it , you could just start a new one. Though I realize that this may lead to the farming of challenges if people don't like the numbers of products needed. ( maybe a voting system to facilitate this ) I also concur that if leaders and deputies only for any challenge over 30 mins to start challenges.
    This is a major problem and allows people to hack co ops with the intent of causing damage by starting a new farm. Coops try and encourage new members but this is a major impediment!!!
  • I did not comment earlier on Jules' wish that a challenge could be ended early. I think most of us have wished this for a long time. Limiting the players that can start a challenge to deputies and the leader would make this much less necessary, but I am fine with it. We all just want the fair to be fun like a game is supposed to be and less stressful,  however this is accomplished. New players shouldn't be berated or booted for doing something they were clueless about. The new players should not have the ability to start something they know nothing about that affects entire coop..

Individual play in the Farmers League is affected by ill advised challenges as has been mentioned but a coop trying for a good finish in the fair is is hurt just as badly or worse. Try finishing in the top 5 when 1 or 2 of these 14 hour challenges is started. 

As Rocket said, please get your coop mates to post or like. I know this has been brought up in the past but something needs done and we need to stay on it. If coops like mine stop accepting newer players because of issues like this it will not help the game or GGS in the long run. Many coops do not accept lower level players for this very reason.
  • Actknowledging this had been a hot topic/request for quite a while

I'll try to get things moving a little ( no promises )

Will update if/when we get more info :)
  • Gaz has a great point. If I was battling another coop in the fair a good way to slow them down would be to join the coop(I could use a different email to start a new farm) and try to get a 14 hour diamond challenge started. Sometime over the duration of the fair I would have the opportunity to do that. I wouldn't care if I was booted because it is not my real farm and I wouldn't have to leave the coop to rejoin my old coop. No one would know where I came from or who I really am.

(I wondered a few weeks ago if we had a spy in our coop. Someone very low level joined and after a half hour or so left. I immediately looked them up and they were a deputy in new coop. I am thinking they wanted to see what bigger coops looked like.)

Gaz has really made me look at this in a different way. Maybe if we all start sabotaging each others coops during the fair the chaos will force a change sooner rather than later. (I don't really want that to happen)
  • I really like this part of the game , it's one of my favorites, but with the advent of long term challenges it throws it out the window, perhaps if the co ops had a way of putting new members on parole perhaps for a week or so at the behest of Leaders or deputies so they could not start any challenges etc I would imagine this occurrence of this practice would be eliminated, as it is with new members this always occurs. or make it mandatory that all new members be subject to parole, I don't think that genuine players would be bothered by this
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Not allowing non-deputy members to start challenges can be a huge problem because they no longer have a way to score points in the village fair for their farmers league ranking if no deputy or leader is online.

One suggestion that I saw before that is quite good is that a member has to have been a member for a certain amount of time before they can start challenges. Would something like two weeks be reasonable for that?

Keep in mind, a member can only start a challenge 20 minutes after the previous one has been completed.
  • As the leader of a co op that has just had this happen and then after explaining how upsetting this was, copped some cheek from the very new player.  The player was dismissed and then one of the deputies who turned down this player under another name got abused.  This player tried using 3 other new farms to get back in. I know it is probably kids with too much free time during these tough times but Abuse is not acceptable under any circumstances. 
     I agree that a time limit must be set in place and yes I understand that good players are going to be disadvantaged because of what we put in place.  We were doing quite well till this happened.
  • That is an interesting idea ninja, but 2 weeks isn't enough for most new players,  8 months isn't enough for some. Every member can not be a deputy and the game is structured so that only leaders and deputies can make  decisions that involve dollars, gold, and strategy. Some players do not pay attention to chat or mail.

I am totally in favor of letting any player be able to start a half hour challenge anytime. That is part of growing pains, learning from your mistakes, navigating the menu. If you don't try you will never learn how to do it.

I could see changing the 20 min wait to start another one to say 5 minutes. If a leader or deputy are really chomping at the bit to start one, they should be ready when the half hour one ends and get it started before the 5 minute wait ends. Members should be able to score some points if no deputy coop-mates are online so I think starting half hour challenges only would solve the problem and be a great learning experience.

• That is a very good suggestion Farmer Joe.  I do agree that the first thing people see is the wrong page.  If it was bronze 1 and 30 minute option then that may be what new players would start.
  • TiminuTufu (FormerMod)TiminuTufu (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 389
    edited 07.05.2020
    I also agree Evelyn

if a player would start a 30 minute by accident, it would'nt cause as much harm as an unwanted very long challenge

Like i said, I will try to push that topic strongly

Showing page 1 first, would be a simple solution to fix many headaches ( in my book, keep in mind, that its only my personal opinion ) , maybe Feasability is difficult 

We will update if/when we get more info :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 07.05.2020
    If not restricting challenges to leaders and deputies, another idea, as well as defaulting to page 1 which I thoroughly endorse, is to restrict types of starting challenges to different levels.For instance:

Level
    --------
    1-20: Can not start a challenge
    21-40: Can start 1 star challenges only
    40-65: Can start 1 or 2 star challenges
    65+: Can start any challenge
  • I woke up this morning to another 14 hour challenge. This is the third day in a row, this time by a different player. Our fair has been thoroughly ruined.

I have sent out many emails, discussed this in chat, mailed players every time they do this and nobody reads them or responds. I want to give the newer players a chance and in a way I can't really blame them for not understanding the game. We all were beginners at one time.

I do like Rusty's suggestion about the levels. I still think it would be simplest to allow non-deputies to start half hour challenges only and default the selection menu to page 1 instead of page 72.
    I woke up to the same thing another back to back long challenge, I think all the above suggestions are good and have merit and have trying to find a way to fix this conundrum. I have amended my previous thoughts as to a voting system to cancel challenges, but!! this could be used before starting a challenge!
    as an example could take multiple members to start a long challenge. My preference would be anything over 30 mins. Maybe 60mins 2 members and incrementally add the number of members votes required per length of time given to complete. I know we discuss which one to do next and I would Imagine other co ops do the same. If the ability to start long term challenges on their own was removed ( say 3 or 4 votes) it would stop the rot!!!.
  • Gaz, I like this also. I like anything that prevents a new  or even not new but unaware member from ruining the fair experience of an entire coop. 

I keep stressing simple ideas that will not turn some members off or be hard for others to remember. I keep thinking keep it simple and it will be easier to implement. The one thing I definitely don't know is how hard these things are to change for game programmers, some simpler ideas may be harder and other more involved ideas may be easier. I guess if we keep throwing things out there they can figure it out. Our main goal in improving the fair is still easy to understand. 
  • Barbara1 (AU1)Barbara1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 3
    yes I concur with what Gaz Farmer is saying and suggesting.
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    I just logged on and found that a player who was accepted whilst I was offline started one of the hardest challenges. Pretty sure we can all figure out what types of players are doing this trying to stop any cooperatives from being able to do things the normal way.
    I fully agree with what GazFarmer has said. 
  • I think Gaz's suggestion is the way to go.  This latest sabotage was very deliberate I feel.  The person logged on.  Started a challenge and the promptly left.  If one person could not do this on their own, it would save us all a lot of angst. Might I mention this was not of the lowest level.  This was a new member but level 45 or there abouts.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 08.05.2020
    Not allowing non-deputy members to start challenges can be a huge problem because they no longer have a way to score points in the village fair for their farmers league ranking if no deputy or leader is online.

One suggestion that I saw before that is quite good is that a member has to have been a member for a certain amount of time before they can start challenges. Would something like two weeks be reasonable for that?

Keep in mind, a member can only start a challenge 20 minutes after the previous one has been completed.

I would be happy if members could start only half an hour challenges and leave longer challenges for the leader and deputies..
  • I strongly suggest that ONLY Leader or deputies can start challenges ( they were appointed these positions for a reason) because these new upcoming members are unaware of what they start & how it harms everyone who works hard 2 get their coop in a good position/ranking. All they are doing are sabotaging the whole team & no wonder people get wild & very anger & lash out. This is a bad scenario within the coop & gives people the wrong impression of how a coop should run. 
    Give a shout out if you agree!!!!!!   
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Another suggestion could be that if no leader or deputies are online then players could vote for the challenges to take. The same way like it its done now in cooperative village, where you can vote for which building to start construction upgrade.
    And denpending on the challenge timing, number of votes can be different. The longer is challenge the more votes it would require.
    I was wondering if the filter mechanism may be a way to safe guard challenges have that set to 30 min challenges for all normal members and only deputies or leaders can unlock that function per challenge, when challenge is over resets to minimum
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I was wondering if the filter mechanism may be a way to safe guard challenges have that set to 30 min challenges for all normal members and only deputies or leaders can unlock that function per challenge, when challenge is over resets to minimum
    That's what I have been asking for since they introduced this event a few years ago: All players should be able to do a 30 min challenge, but only leaders or deputies can choose longer than 30 min challenges.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    If not restricting challenges to leaders and deputies, another idea, as well as defaulting to page 1 which I thoroughly endorse, is to restrict types of starting challenges to different levels.For instance:

Level
    --------
    1-20: Can not start a challenge
    21-40: Can start 1 star challenges only
    40-65: Can start 1 or 2 star challenges
    65+: Can start any challenge
    Would like to expand this just a tad 

1-20: Can not start a challenge - period
    21-40: Can start 1 star challenges only - only 30 minutes in length
    40-65: Can start 1 or 2 star challenges - up to 4 hours in length
    65+: Can start any challenge - any length
  • bevlee (AU1)bevlee (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    I personally like the idea of only the leader or deputies starting the village fair challenges.
    I also like the idea that Data King has put forward, that we restrict the levels that new players
    can start. I think that may be the fairer way to go, that way new members have a chance
    to work out how to play without penalising the whole team.

Sign In to comment.