Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I'm not sure what the purpose of the new equipment feature of horse competition was, unless it was to make it much harder to win if you have a high level horse.

You simply can't harvest enough equipment for more than 2 or three races per day and if you take on a horse higher than thirty levels below you, without equipment, then you are virtually guaranteed to lose. Even putting on full set of equipment, against horses ten levels lower, my win ratio has dropped dramatically. This update sucks.    

Have you noticed that all your opponents have more equipement than even possible without buying extra slots with gold?They always have 3 equipement for every obstacle throughout the whole race , which means they need 9 slots for stocking equipement. 
    So this setup is just a big scam.
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99

Kimmiecat (NL1) 
    Maybe you should upgrade the saddlery. I see you're still at level 1. Then you will also receive more free slots.
  • I'm not sure what the purpose of the new equipment feature of horse competition was, unless it was to make it much harder to win if you have a high level horse.

You simply can't harvest enough equipment for more than 2 or three races per day and if you take on a horse higher than thirty levels below you, without equipment, then you are virtually guaranteed to lose. Even putting on full set of equipment, against horses ten levels lower, my win ratio has dropped dramatically. This update sucks.    

Have you noticed that all your opponents have more equipement than even possible without buying extra slots with gold?They always have 3 equipement for every obstacle throughout the whole race , which means they need 9 slots for stocking equipement. 
    It is like when I would play a new game made up by my nephew. The rules keep changing.
  • sirbobby (GB1)sirbobby (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    I have problems to understand the whole new horse ranch, what's idea of it?
     We collect horsecrests, with horsecrests we build trees and factories and produse equipments for workshop, then we put those things for the horse and we race. We win more horsecrests and then we build more trees and upgrade those factories. And again we put things for the horse and race and win horsecrests and then we build again and race again and win more horsecrests... 
    Ok, we get also other prices, but before this change those prises were there allready...
    This new farm seems to be like closed economy system, we get currency, wich is totally worthless for all other farms, you can not change it to other currency, you can only build trees and factories in horse ranch.

Edited*: Please, Be careful with political references
    As far as I can figure, you are 99% correct - this is the way it is supposed to be. Reality is many of us seem to be winning fewer races, building times are too long and nobody can figure out how the whole thing is working. 
    Chronically imbalanced, little reward and very little fun. 
    I
  • sirbobby (GB1)sirbobby (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    Oh it used to be so simple: collect horseshoes, train and breed horses and compete in tournaments. The horse ranch was never quick but it was a nice sedate farm to visit a few times and see a reward from doing so. Over years, yes... YEARS, I trained a decent horse and always managed to get into the platinum league for a couple of useful prizes and a bunch of useless sticker things.

Seems to me that the horse ranch upgrade has been years in the making - puzzling building plots and tree stumps have been the decoration for ages. Sadly, all that time has been used to make something so hideously complicated that no-one (other than the creators, presumably) understand. 

The upshot is..... just compete = lose. Equip horse and compete = lose some more. At the end of the tournament I'll be towards the bottom of gold league and get 300 gold and 1 purple box, all for a 1 month effort. If I start with a full 100 petrol cans I can complete 8 competitions, over the last 2 weeks the most I ever win is 1 or 2 of these 8, far less than before and it seems to make no difference if I equip the horse or what level of horse I'm competing against. 

The upshot is we now have loads of new stuff added to the horse ranch but the fun and reward of it has been taken away. If I don't bother with the ranch any more, which means years of training wasted, what's the point of doing the temporary farms, greenhouse and completing shipping orders ? Not much really ! The balance and dynamics of the whole game have been completely ruined.  
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

You are mistaking the equipment that we get for free when defending with the equipment that we have to make to use when challenging. Defending equipment works on all 3 obstacles or 2 obstacles and the start.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I agree with sirbobby's entire last paragraph.
    I can find other games similar to this, but not ones I can play while talking to people.  
    That's the last thing keeping me here (my main farm dog is 46 months so it must be at least that long).
    Most of our co-op is searching for another game.

• avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38

Have Fun Discussing the Lastest Changes To The Horse Ranch

All Feedback Is Welcome <3

You can see Latest Changes HERE

Im with all of you guys. I don't like having to reload the game and lose what I have already started
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    This is complete horse shit a 75 losing to a 33 yeah what is the use and coming back to 18 points down from losses then that, as I said the greatest black hole created by a game I have ever played
    This is complete horse shit a 75 losing to a 33 yeah what is the use and coming back to 18 points down from losses then that, as I said the greatest black hole created by a game I have ever played
    dang that sucks!!! did you lose the horse or points
    I have problems to understand the whole new horse ranch, what's idea of it?
     We collect horsecrests, with horsecrests we build trees and factories and produse equipments for workshop, then we put those things for the horse and we race. We win more horsecrests and then we build more trees and upgrade those factories. And again we put things for the horse and race and win horsecrests and then we build again and race again and win more horsecrests... 
    Ok, we get also other prices, but before this change those prises were there allready...
    This new farm seems to be like closed economy system, we get currency, wich is totally worthless for all other farms, you can not change it to other currency, you can only build trees and factories in horse ranch.

Edited*: Please, Be careful with political references
    As far as I can figure, you are 99% correct - this is the way it is supposed to be. Reality is many of us seem to be winning fewer races, building times are too long and nobody can figure out how the whole thing is working. 
    Chronically imbalanced, little reward and very little fun. 
    I
    I understand all of this
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I think I may have figured out how to put a saddle ,helmet and boots into the racing equation but now it seems I have to do that for every race.  Is this the way this is supposed to work? What a PITA. I'm really not having any fun with this update and now Im reading that you build a smelter but you have to mine for the stuff to smelt?  Plus the rest of my upgrades on the rest of my farms will just be on hold for a few months while I try to get all this going.  its redonculous.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I think I may have figured out how to put a saddle ,helmet and boots into the racing equation but now it seems I have to do that for every race.  Is this the way this is supposed to work? What a PITA. I'm really not having any fun with this update and now Im reading that you build a smelter but you have to mine for the stuff to smelt?  Plus the rest of my upgrades on the rest of my farms will just be on hold for a few months while I try to get all this going.  its redonculous.
    Agree!!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 08.05.2020
    BROKEN.   Not only overly complicated to the point of not wanting to even bother, it's just plain BROKEN.

Can someone explain WHY I can't make saddles when every single item need is overflowing?   Equipment cannot be made.   NO CLUE WHY!

It is because, although it says storage is full, it is actually showing your stock as 0. See 0/-1. 
    Close the game, clear the cache, reload
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    It is because, although it says storage is full, it is actually showing your stock as 0. See 0/-1. 
    Close the game, clear the cache, reload
    That makes NO sense at all.

I do clear my cache all the time.  And this happened on TWO farms.  The other I stopped even caring about harvesting anything.  I think I'll do the same for all of them.  Train horses, race, the rest is BS.
    Thank you @Artmaker (GB1) , that was most kind of you to express your appreciation of my help in resolving a problem that I had also had and fixed.
  • Uncle John,
     I think you gave good advice.  I received the same advice from another admin to do the same thing nd it helps.
    What i am curious about is how do we take what we make in the saddlery and use it with the horses? I have made a few things but they remain in the barn.  thanks- laura 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Agree!!
    and you need multiples equipped per race for both when you challenge others &
     for when they challenge you?? Right good luck having room & or equipment for every challenge during a tournaments.
    Uncle John,
     I think you gave good advice.  I received the same advice from another admin to do the same thing nd it helps.
    What i am curious about is how do we take what we make in the saddlery and use it with the horses? I have made a few things but they remain in the barn.  thanks- laura 
    Select the discipline you wish to compete at
    select the player you wish to compete against
    click View
    There are now 3 big + signs on the left. By clicking them you can put a different piece of equipment on each.
    (If you click the radar button that matches the discipline that you have chosen, it makes choosing easier cos unusable stuff doesn't show) 
    Be aware that it uses one piece of equipment for each fence so one can easily use 14 saddles in one race  !!

(and I'm not an admin Laurel, just another player like you  )
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    you need to take this horse tournament and take away the update and put it back the way it was and fire who ever came up with all these stupid ideas because they do not work
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    36 races and two wins????
    and that against lower horses????
    ridicules !!!!!
  • Thank you Uncle John, that helps.  Not sure why it puts more than one piece of equipment when I click on the button but i will work on it!  thanks again!  Laura 
    36 races and two wins????
    and that against lower horses????
    ridicules !!!!!
    level is not everything, effects are every bit as important if not more so and now there is defensive equipment too. Consider the situation of 2 players with identical horses neither of whom equip their horses when challenging but both, by default, use defensive equipment. When he challenges you, you will win but, when you challenge him, he will win !!
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    When you are making saddles, boots, blankets, etc., make sure you click the description tab.  Some of the items have restrictions on what a horse needs in order to use these items.  For example, some require an empty breeding slot or +1 racing attribute, etc.  I have lots of equipment that I cannot use because my horse doesn't match these requirements.  I can't sell them once they are made, I can only delete them, so what a waste of time and resources.  My horse seems to be winning about 1 out of 8 races (if I am lucky) regardless of whether I race a horse that is higher or lower level than me or whether I use equipment or not.  More and more I have been just clicking through the races and not even trying anymore, because no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to change my losing streak.  I briefly made it to platinum level, but then slipped back down to gold and can't seem to do any better.  I'm not going to waste more of my time an energy worrying with it. 
    I will probably continue to do temp farms whenever a WWC is on, because at least I can get some decent prizes in the WWC.
  • steve p. (US1)steve p. (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    All right. Let me give you my opinion and answers.
    First of all, the first update with the new horse farm was simply amazing. The best update ever made by GGS in years. Nothing to comment against. All excellent and well done. A new exiting and much fair competitional system.
    But the happy last little, because now GGS, came with a second update that brought a lot of mess.

First mess: Apparently, our work of years - the horse quality has gone....this is baddddd, but fortunately, looks like it;s only a bug and hopely, they will fix ASAP. 
    I'm saying this because a collegue of mine, made a "love" in the horse stable with a known quality 5 horse (now with no sign) and generated a +7 breeding effect resistance (Q5 can generate +7 or +8 agility, power or resistance) which leads me to the conclusion that tha quality is there..only a display bug exists

Second mess: The new competitor level and competitor experience points. Man, the idea it's ok, but the manner in which was implemented is bad. Why?
    Because when somebody challenge you, you gain points...you need 90 points to get to the next level and have in defence better equipment. BUTTTTT the problem is that when you send you horse in the meadow, when you make a succesful love there, and your horse get out of the meadow, ALL YOUR PROGRESS IS RESET.
    So, if before sendind the horse to the meadow you have for example 17/90 progress, when the horse comes out of the meadow your progress is again 0/90 :(
    This means that any improvement of your horse is blocked...because if you do your improvement, your progress is gonne! This is not fair....you should correct this thing and keep our progress.

Third mess: To answer to Gavinfarms and all of you. The metals for the Smelter comes from the MINE.
    FROM our Gold Mine!
    This is so stupid man! How do you imagine, that we will not use our gold mine licenses any more and extract these metals? For what? to produce better equipment for horses like more efficient helmets that gives +3 fuel instead of +1 fuel that normal ones give? Is simply STUPID. 
    It;s much easy to put the gold license in the mine, extract the gold and buy with the gold, the fuel, instead of not extract the gold, make all this twist process for very small bennefit and lose the gold for not using full time the licenses.

Fourth mess: We are no longer allowed to select in defence, what equipment to use...it's only selected by default and that's it.

I stongly hope that you will correct all these elements and bring back the satisfaction that first time we had when you implemented the first update.
    Thanks...and if you have more questions, I will try to answer to you!

Despite having reloaded the game I am getting gibberish titles on the Tournament Preparation screen making it quite incomprehensible  :¬(
    @Uncle John (GB1) The texts are definitely in there, I kept reloading too & not getting them, but when I tried a private window, they came up, so you really do have to clear the cache to get the XML to update.

If you look in the version number shown under the login box, you need it to say XML2820 (not 2812)

• steve p. (US1)steve p. (US1) US1 Posts: 37
    edited 12.05.2020
       Huh ? ? ?    not really sure what your saying,  but I think I agree  :)   .  All I know is I used to win a race, jump, or dressage once and a while,  " if "  I used my higher level horse against a lower level horse. now I loose all the time and always against lower level horses, WHF,  what's the advantage of having a high level horse ? ? ? . :(  :(  :(
    Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Are you kidding Me!!!!!! , I was almost to the top of the Silver page, then I went to do My racing for this morning only to end up back at the Bottom of the list? , what kind of rip off is this ???? , I am so not happy with this so called New Racing update, you can put it back the way it was thank you. :(
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    Are you kidding Me!!!!!! , I was almost to the top of the Silver page, then I went to do My racing for this morning only to end up back at the Bottom of the list? , what kind of rip off is this ???? , I am so not happy with this so called New Racing update, you can put it back the way it was thank you. :(
    as said before , the levels have more pages (silver has 2 pages)
Sign In to comment.