Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    it's badly broken. i have a level 83 horse and it is very rare that the horses i have options to challenge are under 100+
    even when i get a horse close to mine, and i add all the new stuff i still lose

have kept track of races for the last week and i'm only winning at a rate of 11.3%

not even bothering anymore. thank you for wrecking another part of the game
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    can't equip my horses since latest update. button is grayed out
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    If my calculation is correct then there are 101 trees in total.
    Divided into the following types:
    Beech 17
    Cork oak 17
    Aspen 17
    Kapok tree 17
    Birch 11
    Hibiscus 11
    Exotic tree 11

• Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    If you go peek at other peoples Horse Ranches you can see which trees will grow where. It may take a few farms to find the kind of tree you are looking for but so far they have been growing the same type in the same spot for me. (This may have changed since last update.)
    Takes the surprise out of it but definitely helps production.

What's with the silly signs? TOTALLY unnecessary and ugly clutter... my horse ranch is not an arboretum!  I liked the idea of filling in all that empty space- until they put the signs up.
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    If you go peek at other peoples Horse Ranches you can see which trees will grow where. It may take a few farms to find the kind of tree you are looking for but so far they have been growing the same type in the same spot for me. 
    that worked in the beginning but not anymore after the upgrade, now you need a lucky guess!!
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    I had a very good horse 130   now i think he,s lame and crippled........ :'(
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, the definition of a "good horse" has definitely changed. Before each attribute gave good results in one specific discipline eg Endurance made for good Racing. Now, each attribute gives good results at one of the three obstacles in each of the 3 disciplines.  What was a really good racer becomes just fairly good at all 3.
    Also, before, whether you won or lost a race was entirely down to training, both attributes and effects (plus a random chance of course) whereas now the right equipment can completely alter the outcome.
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    Thank you Data King. I will look there. :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Another thing that has been bugging me about the 'improved' horse ranch and competitions:
    Who ever thought you would need 11 saddles or 8 pairs of boots in a single race? GGS: what planet are you from?
    It's no wonder I lose so many competitions. I have to get off my horse and change saddles and boots every couple of seconds.
  • POWERUP2 (US1)POWERUP2 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone, seems to be an issue with the "show me" buttons then, hopefully that won`t be too hard to fix (famous last words lol) sorry that you will have to use the scroll arrows in the meantime. :/
    I understand. By the way, are you and TiminuTufu in a co-op together? I rarely chat and I like to see how much influence I can get in this forum. Plus, how can I send private messages?
  • Marekfarmer (SK1)Marekfarmer (SK1) SK1 Posts: 192
    Hello, i do not want to make new topic so i write it here. 
    i noticed yesterday i reach in horse ladder in platinum league 1249 and after few wins i cant go to another diamond league and number is same. 
    Am i only one who got this? Had anybody notice this problem too? Could i get any answer? i can post screenshots with time wining if it need without changing anything...i put this one 

i think, why should take effort to horses if i cant go any further? why even competiting when there is no progress?
    it is very disapointing after all that newcoming stuff to ranch  :(
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    i noticed yesterday i reach in horse ladder in platinum league 1249 and after few wins i cant go to another diamond league and number is same. 
    Am i only one who got this? Had anybody notice this problem too? Could i get any answer? i can post screenshots with time wining if it need without changing anything...i put this one 

i think, why should take effort to horses if i cant go any further? why even competiting when there is no progress?
    It's always been like this, you have to win a certain amount of challenges (your loses will detract again) before you gain 1250 points. I've never found out how many wins.
    It did take longer for me this time as well, about 3 days, (I think, hard to be sure) but I did reach Diamond at last today :)
    So just hang in there! Good luck.
  • Marekfarmer (SK1)Marekfarmer (SK1) SK1 Posts: 192

It's always been like this, you have to win a certain amount of challenges (your loses will detract again) before you gain 1250 points. I've never found out how many wins.
    It did take longer for me this time as well, about 3 days, (I think, hard to be sure) but I did reach Diamond at last today :)
    thank you! 

i ask in coop, they said i need win 50x to go further, sorry for bother you i never been in diamond  :o
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

thank you! 

i ask in coop, they said i need win 50x to go further, sorry for bother you i never been in diamond  :o
    If you read the righthand side of the screen shot you posted it actually says that you have to win 50 races whilst inn Platinum 1 to be promoted   :¬)
  • ria36 (NL1)ria36 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 64
    On my farm it's impossible to send a horse to the horsemeadow. When I send a horse, I get an error code that says "Already in meadow" Trying another horse gives the same code.
    After the error code  I get a confirmation pop up: it's impossible to close that pop up. I have to restart the game. 
    Who has the solution??
    ria36
  • Didn't take you guys long to screw up the new horse features.  Figures.
  • kaylynnh (US1)kaylynnh (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    I am struggling with this new farm. I have created some of all the new items blankets, boots, etc. but i cannot equip my horse. It tells me my horse cannot be equipped. i have crafted everything it will allow and now it will not let me craft anymore and i have plenty of supplies. All of my little barns are full.  When i try to use the bridle and items it will not let me assign anything. What am i missing? Does anyone understand this new and improved farm? HELP PLEASE
    K
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    On my farm it's impossible to send a horse to the horsemeadow. When I send a horse, I get an error code that says "Already in meadow" Trying another horse gives the same code.
    After the error code  I get a confirmation pop up: it's impossible to close that pop up. I have to restart the game. 
    Who has the solution??
    ria36
    You can only send 1 horse at a time into the horse meadow. The level of the horse meadow also males a difference in how many member's of the co op can have a horse in the meadow.
    Here's some help in that area

https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/village/horse_meadow.htm
    edited 04.05.2020
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    Who has the solution??
    ria36
    Data King, ria36 HAS INDEED a horse on the meadow and is trying to send a second one, because apparently, the systems shows that you don't have a horse on the meadow.
    IS A GENERAL BUG that no ONE ever reported until now. Me and at least another 10 coop members have this bug. You have a horse on the meadow, but it appears, it looks like you don't have a horse on the meadow.
    You go on the meadow, try to send a horse, beacause aparently you don't have one, HERE IS THE BUG, but of course, when you click on a horse and then click send, an error message appears saying that you already have a horse on the meadow and you need to restart, tou can't play any more.
    And yes YOU HAVE, but the system doesn't see him and you cannot train him, because it looks like you don't have one. 

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I have the exact same problem, reported to Support this morning..

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well for what ever reason, I'm still making stuff.  Not that I'll ever use it, tried ONCE and it's just not worth the time.  But perhaps by the time I filled up everything I can possibly make they might actually fix this whole mess.  
    However....
    Today "storage full" on EVERY SINGLE ITEM.   It wasn't full yesterday.  Is now.
    Yet I cannot make ANYTHING.   Seems I don't have enough supplies if I'm reading their cryptic numbers right.
    Just selling off what the trees make directly now.

As for racing?  Again all the stuff seems to matter not.  Even the level of horse doesn't matter.   I just plop an auto clicker on the start button and run through all the races I can.  Win some, lose some.  Don't even care to watch it now.

I would agree with the people who asked for the delete bulldozer thing.   I'd rather just clear out all of it.  I certainly will NOT be starting anymore trees.  

Once again GG launched something they never tried on real players, see if we even like it. 
    OVERLY complicated to the point of needing a class to figure it all out.
    BUGGY as usual with all new things to this game have been.

Huge fail.   Nice try but huge fail.  Need some more skilled interns I think.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 04.05.2020
    I have to agree.  My horses will be going into retirement after this racing season.
    I'll keep training my horse  and using the meadow.

I just can't handle all the nonsense.

grow trees.  make stuff.  stick it on your horse and watch him loose.  

No thank no more of that.
    I see @clinn (RO1)  True there are bugs with the horses ever since they brought the new horses stuff into the game. It has been reported to support by a number of players.
     Most display issues can solved by logging out clearing all ur browser history then log back in.
     If one want to remove their horse from the meadow. There is a work around if one get's stuck. Just leave the co op & rejoin.
  • Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    edited 05.05.2020
    I have problems to understand the whole new horse ranch, what's idea of it?
     We collect horsecrests, with horsecrests we build trees and factories and produse equipments for workshop, then we put those things for the horse and we race. We win more horsecrests and then we build more trees and upgrade those factories. And again we put things for the horse and race and win horsecrests and then we build again and race again and win more horsecrests... 
    Ok, we get also other prices, but before this change those prises were there allready...
    This new farm seems to be like closed economy system, we get currency, wich is totally worthless for all other farms, you can not change it to other currency, you can only build trees and factories in horse ranch.

Edited*: Please, Be careful with political references
    Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on
    I have problems to understand the whole new horse ranch, what's idea of it?
     We collect horsecrests, with horsecrests we build trees and factories and produse equipments for workshop, then we put those things for the horse and we race. We win more horsecrests and then we build more trees and upgrade those factories. And again we put things for the horse and race and win horsecrests and then we build again and race again and win more horsecrests... 
    Ok, we get also other prices, but before this change those prises were there allready...
    This new farm seems to be like closed economy system, we get currency, wich is totally worthless for all other farms, you can not change it to other currency, you can only build trees and factories in horse ranch.
    I remember one big country, 30-40 years ago, there were similar economy system, it was called Soviet Union...
    Sounds like you're understanding it just fine - keep running us in circles ;)
  • kevbert (GB1)kevbert (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    I'm not sure what the purpose of the new equipment feature of horse competition was, unless it was to make it much harder to win if you have a high level horse.

You simply can't harvest enough equipment for more than 2 or three races per day and if you take on a horse higher than thirty levels below you, without equipment, then you are virtually guaranteed to lose. Even putting on full set of equipment, against horses ten levels lower, my win ratio has dropped dramatically. This update sucks.    
    I'm not sure what the purpose of the new equipment feature of horse competition was, unless it was to make it much harder to win if you have a high level horse.

You simply can't harvest enough equipment for more than 2 or three races per day and if you take on a horse higher than thirty levels below you, without equipment, then you are virtually guaranteed to lose. Even putting on full set of equipment, against horses ten levels lower, my win ratio has dropped dramatically. This update sucks.    
    Totally agree. No point in even training them now either. High level and good breeding are a thing of the past it seems. I lose about 90% of the competitions to horses 30-40-50 levels below mine, even if I use the proper equipment. 
Sign In to comment.