Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Creating a Mission Reputation Formula

ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
I was planning to try to create a model formula to try to estimate how many reputation points we can earn with harvesting a certain amount in a mission and can predict the amount depending on the rank. If anyone would like to help, you can send me screenshots of missions when they complete them.

You would need to send two missions like these:

One showing the information of the mission:

And one showing the scores and number of other players:

Two screenshots will be required by those, but if you would like to send them to me through a personal message, I think it's not necessary to cover the names.

Players are also welcome to help provide information about creating model formulas as I do not know that much about it. I plan to create a large data set soon that anyone can access to see if anyone can spot some things that will help.

These are some things that will need to be investigated whether they affect the formula or not:

Harvest amounts of other players - From previous observations, it appears that the harvest amount does not affect the amount of points a player receives unless it changes the ranking within a mission but it is not confirmed. (This does not affect the reputation point amount.)

Reaching the minimum harvest amount - I am currently unsure whether harvesting something but not enough to be registered as being active in the mission affects the amount players receive based on their rank. (This does affect the number of players. You have to harvest to the minimum amount and the players that do not will be treated when calculating the number of players in the mission.)

One player missions - These may be treated as coming last in any other mission but I have heard reports that suggest otherwise so this will need to be investigated. (This appears to count as coming third.)

Update: The behaviour of the points below is somewhat known now. Thanks to some additional information that has been provided, I will be looking at whether there is some base amount for the mission and some other parts are added on based on your ranking to determine the base reputation point amount.

Here is the current data. I will try to fix it up and add more information over time.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :)
Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I've been working on something similar with columns
    Pig Missions
    Harvested    Position    Scorers    Total RP    Bonus RP    Nett RP    RP/Pig

Coming last gets ~1 RP/pig. A multiplier is applied to this for the higher positions before the various bonuses are applied. The math was not perfect, there were some minor anomalies, but it might give you a start  :¬)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I've been working on something similar with columns
    Pig Missions
    Harvested    Position    Scorers    Total RP    Bonus RP    Nett RP    RP/Pig

Coming last gets ~1 RP/pig. A multiplier is applied to this for the higher positions before the various bonuses are applied. The math was not perfect, there were some minor anomalies, but it might give you a start  :¬)
    Ok thanks. That layout looks quite nice. :)

I am wondering if the relationship between the reputation points and the harvest amount may be logarithmic. But I guess we can see that over time.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    For the most part I was harvesting the same amount but there were a couple of occasions when I harvested more and I got slightly fewer points / pig for the same placement with the same number of opponents. eg 
    for 2nd of 5 a harvest of 2950 gave 5 points/pig whilst a harvest of 4045 gave 4.74 points/pig.
    edited 09.05.2020
    Here is the first significant discovery:

The amount of reputation points you receive in a mission by yourself is greater than the amount of reputation points received when coming last in a mission.

Edit: Bufo (AU1) has informed me that it is equivalent to coming last in a 3 player mission. Coming in last place also gives different amounts compared to how many players have reached the minimum amount.

Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Results with Dung.
    Place taken || Amount taken || Base RP result
    ===================================
           1           ||  2000              ||   10378
           2           ||  2000              ||   6928
           3           ||  2000              ||   5178
           4           ||  2000              ||   4328
           5           ||  2000              ||   3928
    Results with Dung.
           1           ||  2000              ||   10378
           2           ||  2000              ||   6928
           3           ||  2000              ||   5178
           4           ||  2000              ||   4328
           5           ||  2000              ||   3928
    Thanks for the information. :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 12.05.2020
    don't know why you would bother doing this.  Just do as 2 players in my FL league do (both from same co op).  Just spin the wheel and do ZERO, 0, NILL, ZILCH, NADDA. missions.  They should also make it that the max amount of RP earned from WoF must not exceed what has achieved in missions.  Wow would that make it more interesting.  So if you spin more than you have earned on wheel at that point it goes into a bank until you have made that amount of RP from missions and bank is cleared at end of CC.

don't know why you would bother doing this.  Just do as 2 players in my FL league do (both from same co op).  Just spin the wheel and do ZERO, 0, NILL, ZILCH, NADDA. missions.  They should also make it that the max amount of RP earned from WoF must not exceed what has achieved in missions.  Wow would that make it more interesting.  So if you spin more than you have earned on wheel at that point it goes into a bank until you have made that amount of RP from missions and bank is cleared at end of CC.

Well, I think we can both agree that the effect from reputation points accumulated from the CC WOF can have a bad affect on the farmers league rankings and I have also lost gold medals before because of the CC WOF. But it can become subjective when you allow certain balances of the reputation points, like allowing certain amounts or proportions of your score to count. It's also easy for many players to simply purchase tokens and use them on the WOF, so perhaps it would make the event more fair to remove the reputation points from the WOF and the Shinkei-Suijaku. In fairness though, you did use the WOF as well to get an advantage against others in your group. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing, but it is basically the same thing as the other players that you have mentioned have done, apart from the fact that you have also combined it with playing missions.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that not much will be done about the WOF because GGS earns a huge amount of money from players purchasing tokens to use on it.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140

I am not sure how would they calculate reputation points. There are 6 person but none of them are active except for me... 

I am not sure how would they calculate reputation points. There are 6 person but none of them are active except for me... 

Ok thanks. :) Just checking, did no one harvest anything in the wildflower mission either?
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140

Ok thanks. :) Just checking, did no one harvest anything in the wildflower mission either?
    There were 3 people harvesting in the wildflower mission, but I forgot to capture that. 
    There were 3 people harvesting in the wildflower mission, but I forgot to capture that. 
    Ok. Thanks for the information.
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Results with Wild Flowers.
           1           ||  6632              ||   19694
           1           ||  16160            ||   30356
           1           ||  19392            ||   32804
           1           ||  21472            ||   34193
           1           ||  24832            ||   36191
           1           ||  30016            ||   38899
           1           ||  33160            ||   40334
           1           ||  39792            ||   42982
           1           ||  48480            ||   45851
           1           ||  60768            ||   49258
           1           ||  68103            ||   50963
           1           ||  85633            ||   54425
           1           ||  90009            ||   55193
           2           ||  3924              ||   8580
           2           ||  5891              ||   11233
           2           ||  6592              ||   12136
           2           ||  10016            ||   14755
           2           ||  13551            ||   16867
           2           ||  22585            ||   20612
           2           ||  33160            ||   23584
           2           ||  39792            ||   25032
           3           ||  969                ||   2728
           3           ||  1938              ||   4221
           3           ||  2668              ||   5056
           4           ||  1938              ||   3571
           4           ||  3766              ||   4975
           5           ||  969                ||   2228
    Results with Wild Flowers.
           1           ||  6632              ||   19694
           1           ||  16160            ||   30356
           1           ||  19392            ||   32804
           1           ||  21472            ||   34193
           1           ||  24832            ||   36191
           1           ||  30016            ||   38899
           1           ||  33160            ||   40334
           1           ||  39792            ||   42982
           1           ||  48480            ||   45851
           1           ||  60768            ||   49258
           1           ||  68103            ||   50963
           1           ||  85633            ||   54425
           1           ||  90009            ||   55193
           2           ||  3924              ||   8580
           2           ||  5891              ||   11233
           2           ||  6592              ||   12136
           2           ||  10016            ||   14755
           2           ||  13551            ||   16867
           2           ||  22585            ||   20612
           2           ||  33160            ||   23584
           2           ||  39792            ||   25032
           3           ||  969                ||   2728
           3           ||  1938              ||   4221
           3           ||  2668              ||   5056
           4           ||  1938              ||   3571
           4           ||  3766              ||   4975
           5           ||  969                ||   2228
    Thanks. :)

It is appearing that the harvest amount is based on the rank and independent on how many players harvest in the mission. Like if you finish 3rd, you will get the same amount regardless of whether 3, 4, 5 or 6 players harvested something in the mission.
    edited 01.10.2020
    I have thought about this some more. It is logical to assume that an increase in your harvest amount will lead to an increase in the reputation amount that you receive and that the rate that your score increases slows down as your score gets higher. But I have not been able to create any function that is close to predicting the score amount.

So instead I have taken another alternative which is probably not as nice but can still work reasonably well. It is to plot the harvest amount and scores and then to fit a polynomial function that minimises the residuals. I have tested this with one item and it has worked very well with less than 1% error at the moment. There are a few potential downsides such as the fact that it needs to be calculated separately depending on the rank that you finish the mission in, it needs a lot of data to be able to get a very accurate idea of the ranking and some of those scores will be somewhat impossible to get (eg. getting rank 6 with 10k wildflowers) and it may be affected by the difficulty to collect the data of some points which may affect the function.

Of course I know that many players would struggle to calculate these types of things so ideally I would get some sort of format where a player can put in an expected harvest amount and it would give the expected score depending on the different ranking possibilities.

But at least this is another step towards being able to predict the amount of reputation points we can receive from missions.

You can click here if you want to try out what I have so far.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Have you also taken into consideration the bonus points earned with the Kite?  (Especially during the ML/CC events)
    Have you also taken into consideration the bonus points earned with the Kite?  (Especially during the ML/CC events)
    This is just calculating the base amount as the other part can easily be calculated by adding all the bonuses together and multiplying them by the base amount but it is a good idea to also include that part.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
     :) 
    Any information with the new missions, or even any missions, would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully very soon I will be able to provide a document with results from thousands of missions and some estimates, as well as some other useful information. But there is still not enough information to accurately estimate the score in some situations, so any information about any mission results is welcomed.
    Any more information as asked for in the first post is appreciated. I will try to make some more progress on this again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file