Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• KatChaos (US1)KatChaos (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    The breeding quality from my Horses is gone :( all the hard work for nothing? I sure hope this is a bug and will be fixed soon
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 22.04.2020
    the breeding quality is gone from my horses as well!! I had two with lvl 4 breeding quality and some with lvl 2 and lvl 1!

pic taken yesterday-shows lvl 4 breeding quality symbol (red diamond) top left of horse

pic taken today-lvl 4 breeding quality symbol missing, but does the new show counter challenge lvl 1

Please say this is a bug and will be fixed!!! @WascallyWabbit @TiminuTufu
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    What is the deal with the silly signs in front of my trees?  TOTALLY unnecessary- all you have to do is hoover to see the level... GGS, y'all just ruined the one thing I might have enjoyed about this new horse ranch: the TREES!! 
    Please get rid of them, Please?  
    BTW, Having to use the mine for ore production and no extra build slot ain't gettin' me real thrilled, either.  :/
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Same here...
    Pretty annoying - if I may say so!

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @KatChaos (US1) & @JVD (US1) Click on the green circling double arrows in the top right of the window with your horse selection in it - your breeding qualities/enhancements will show on the left in the boxes with the large green plus sign in them
     Think that is what your looking for
    - oh and you can also see your opponents enhancements as well by clicking on their green circling double arrows.
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Ok so you have now totally  messed up the horse part of this game. Was just a nice relaxed part of the game.
    Have tried the new equipment and found it not worth the effort as results I get where still same as before.
    To add to this you have now reverted all my horses breeding effects back to zero level after spending years building them up.
    What is the point?

A game that keeps kicking you back to start is really not worth the effort and I will not start again.

edited 22.04.2020
    @KatChaos (US1) & @JVD (US1) Click on the green circling double arrows in the top right of the window with your horse selection in it - your breeding qualities/enhancements will show on the left in the boxes with the large green plus sign in them
     Think that is what your looking for
    - oh and you can also see your opponents enhancements as well by clicking on their green circling double arrows.
    Data, clicking  the green circling arrows just shows breeding effects and attributes. Not the breeding quality... in my first picture it shows a red diamond to top left of horse. that is a lvl 4 breeding quality horse. you will  note it is missing in my second picture! and the green shield 1 is the new symbol for the counter challenge lvl for choosing counter equipment.
    Now I understand what your looking for ;) Sure hope it's just a display glitch & not a reset or set back on our horses :/
    Now I understand what your looking for ;) Sure hope it's just a display glitch & not a reset or set back on our horses :/
    I sure hope it is not a reset!!! and I will not be breeding in the stable til cleared up as you will lose horse and the breeding quality at this time. ;)
    JVD (US1) said:
    I sure hope it is not a reset!!! and I will not be breeding in the stable til cleared up as you will lose horse and the breeding quality at this time. ;)
    Good point not to mention the horse meadow effects & levels :o
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    well I am so excited.

I decided to not totally give up on the new stuff.

I built the new smelter.  And now I no longer have to mine gold. 

Have all this other stuff that needs to be mined.

Will the happiness never stop.   
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Why would they give an extra construction slot when you can use gold?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well , Personally, Im gonna save all construction tokens for the horse ranch

You can also buy some construction tokens from Goldfish rescue vendor

• now I need 2 mines, my mine is always busy, so can NEVER make the new products
  • @Dark Underworld (AU1)

Agreed, Foreseen this issue , Thanks your for feedback
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    So..... I was able to apply a saddle to a horse.....so there is that.  I am not sure that it helped, but i did it.

On the repayment........I have done 7 seven trees, thus overpaying by 700k.  I only got 300k, so if they were trying to reimburse me for the overage on those trees, they were 400k short.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Wrong horses are selected when training.  Clicking on a horse, then go to train it and another horse appears. Impossible to get the horse you want to train.  PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Yea, found that one out this morning.   I wound up selecting the horse it kept picking for me, set it training somewhere else, then I could get the one I want going.

What a mess.  
    Also some other building slot appeared today.  No clue what it is, doubt I'll need it, but we'll see.  Should be done tomorrow.

BTW is this a new thread?  Seems all my previous posts are gone.  Unless that was another horse related thread.  OR some mod has an issue with me.  Don't know, don't care.
  • @Artmaker (GB1)

This was a new horse update, where we made it sticky because it was new

So we have stickied the new one , you should still see the older thread unstickied

Here : https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/203723/update-mar-31st-a-horseshoe-for-you-discussion#latest

And if its another thread you are talking about, please let me know which one it is, i can give it a look

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Have you noticed how it always says "Have FUN" discussing the latest update" but no one has any fun? Just gripe and moan about everything. :smiley:

BTW, that training bug was there since the previous update to this, horse ranch stage 1.
  • luc2260 (NL1)luc2260 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 27
    Where are  my breading effect, i have worked years  to have a strong horse,   i am in tears.
    You have given me  some compensation,  but it is  to no use, I want my breading effect back!!!!!!!

I think we need information and I see some moderators in this thread, maybe they can help, or know who to ask if they don't have the answer for now.

Why is  breeding gone ?
    Why can I see in the ingame racing mails, exactly how strong my opponents are. (couldn't before last update)
    Why did I get 1.000.000 new tokens, popup said you had made an error, what error was that exactly?
    I see a lot of different ways to build my horse from those reports, and even though I personally got a lot of answers on how to build a horse in the future, I also think that maybe this upgrade will decrease value for the strongest players and horses. _to let all info about their horses 'build up' slip to all?
    I'm not there, so wouldn't know, maybe someone with high Level horse can add their thoughts ?

Worse is the lack of communication GGS/Stillfront - when you launch such a big change, you need to speak up and explain.

-didah

• Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99

Why did I get 1.000.000 new tokens, popup said you had made an error, what error was that exactly?

see update April 22nd Horse Ranche txt.
    The initial cost for building a tree decreased. If you had already built trees before this update, the price difference between old and new prices will be paid back (It will most likely happen 2-3h after the update)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 23.04.2020
    Again, could you please eliminate the automatic production?  I like looking at the trees on the ranch, but we have to click all those yellow flags to make the ranch look pretty, only to have production start up again.-- never ending cycle. Let us start production as needed like all other areas of the game and remove the yellow flags from everything.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    maybe someone with high Level horse can add their thoughts ?

They have completely changed the definition of a "good horse"
    Previously we could breed a race horse or a showjumper or a dressage horse. Endurance Attribute and Effect gave the greatest improvement for racing etc but now it affects one obstacle in each of the three disciplines. My horse which was superb as a racer but not much good as a jumper is now equally average at both. Years of training down the pan and I have to completely rethink how to proceed.  :¬(

see update April 22nd Horse Ranche txt.
    The initial cost for building a tree decreased. If you had already built trees before this update, the price difference between old and new prices will be paid back (It will most likely happen 2-3h after the update)
    Thanks, missed that one..

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 23.04.2020
    Hi guys,

There are still some display issues with the horses, but we are assured that nothing has gone missing.

The breeding effects from the meadows have not shown since 2017, but they are still counted, it is being worked on so we may finally be able to see those soon,

As it says in the Ranch Guide , the Breeding Quality (Rarity level) and the Meadow Generation (the number under the yellow heart), do not have any particular impact at the moment, but, as far as we know that is not why the Rarity level has disappeared, it seems that it just a display glitch & the team are aware of it & it is not having any negative impact.  The Meadow Generation, is just how many times your horse has been bred in the meadow, it does not mean that your meadow effects no longer have an effect.

If you did not get as many horse crests as you should have done yesterday - See Here

Why can I see in the ingame racing mails, exactly how strong my opponents are. (couldn't before last update)
    @didah (SKN1) Where exactly are you seeing that? - On mine they all have ? instead of numbers.
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99

They have completely changed the definition of a "good horse"
    Previously we could breed a race horse or a showjumper or a dressage horse. Endurance Attribute and Effect gave the greatest improvement for racing etc but now it affects one obstacle in each of the three disciplines. My horse which was superb as a racer but not much good as a jumper is now equally average at both. Years of training down the pan and I have to completely rethink how to proceed.  :¬(

I see it this way.

It was always best to breed an all-round horse. You might not be able to score extremely high on 1 part, but opponents had a much harder time beating you on the other 2 parts. That worked best for me. So my best horse has only strength, condition and agility as a breeding effect. And these breeding effects also give you much more points in total, than speed, jumping and elegance. Although with the last 3 breeding effects you have a better luckchance of winning a race.

What I  see now is that it also works well in the new game. I am now in the diamond league where I have never been so fast. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't use leg wraps, because for this I need speed, jumping or elegance.

With the latest upgrade, I'm going to use the opponents I'm losing of to analyze where I can best apply the new addition to the defense.

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    JVD (US1) said:
    the breeding quality is gone from my horses as well!! I had two with lvl 4 breeding quality and some with lvl 2 and lvl 1!

pic taken yesterday-shows lvl 4 breeding quality symbol (red diamond) top left of horse

pic taken today-lvl 4 breeding quality symbol missing, but does the new show counter challenge lvl 1

Please say this is a bug and will be fixed!!! @WascallyWabbit @TiminuTufu
    @JVD (US1) I am afraid we are being had....working for years on training horses of rare quality it seems that has been flushed down the drain by GGS and replaced by the new competitor level which we have to build up from scratch.
    One of our members has therefore announced to quit playing BF.
    Is there any reason left to train our horses?

Sign In to comment.