Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Have Fun Discussing the Lastest Changes To The Horse Ranch

All Feedback Is Welcome <3

You can see Latest Changes HERE

Post edited by BugsBunny on

Comments

• ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    What a pity that bug was not fixed that the selected horse t does not turn up in the next dialog and is replaced by the (?) horse.  Very confusing! This happens in the training dialogs.

The high level of complexity of this part of the game will imho players scare, and stop playing with the horses

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Despite having reloaded the game I am getting gibberish titles on the Tournament Preparation screen making it quite incomprehensible  :¬(
  • More complex stuff that isn't an improvement and not enough fixing of old bugs.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Wrong horses are selected when training.  Clicking on a horse, then go to train it and another horse appears. Impossible to get the horse you want to train.  PLEASE FIX THIS!
  • Despite having reloaded the game I am getting gibberish titles on the Tournament Preparation screen making it quite incomprehensible  :¬(
    @Uncle John (GB1) The texts are definitely in there, I kept reloading too & not getting them, but when I tried a private window, they came up, so you really do have to clear the cache to get the XML to update.

If you look in the version number shown under the login box, you need it to say XML2820 (not 2812)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Hi Team,

Before @WascallyWabbit  go, I would like you to organise a  online celebration platform for our Moderator @WascallyWabbit, so that we all can join and says goodbye to her.

:)

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I think we're gonna need another construction slot.
     :# 
  • chbamb (US1)chbamb (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    Wrong horses are selected when training.  Clicking on a horse, then go to train it and another horse appears. Impossible to get the horse you want to train.  PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Thought that I was choosing the wrong horse. Glad to know it wasn't me. 
  • OK folks, am I reading you all correctly, we have a new horse bug with selecting a horse to train yes?......... This is not the existing bug where the wrong horse is selected to do a counterchallenge.
  • gldnhvst (US1)gldnhvst (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    I am furious at the new changes to the horses  I spent years developing exceptional horses  & now it is all wiped out & we r all back to breeding level 0  they can now take my horses & shove it where the sun don't shine!  

gldnhvst
  • Way too tedious, time consuming and complicated. All I know is that I used to be able to just get to platinum, but nowhere near being able to do that this time. Can't be bothered with all that extra clicking to harvest and produce either. At least won't need to do temporary farms any more if not bothering with horses! Yay!
  • I think we're gonna need another construction slot.
    Great thought! And perhaps a day or so with no events so we can spend some time coming to terms with this new horse stuff!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I think we're gonna need another construction slot.
    YES WE DEFINITELY NEED A SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION SLOT FOR THE HORSE RANCH!!!!
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I was really hoping that the horse ranch would have its own construction slot, especially now with upgrades available for buildings and trees, and about a million tree stumps to upgrade!  Also i am not understanding what items I have or how to use them in a race.  And I can't make any more because It says my storage is full but I cant figure out how to use them up so I can make some more.  Its all a little too complex for me right now.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Oh goody.  More ways for my horse to loose races.

I love it.  <3  <3       (sarcasm) :)     I give up on this whole racing thing that used to be fun.

• gldnhvst (US1)gldnhvst (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    I spent years & much gold developing & breeding  exceptional horses  now the gems are gone  where it would say this is a rare horse  this is an exceptional horse  etc.,  now they are all back to square one,  this has totally turned me off to even playing the horses now  It is now so complicated  no fun anymore,  will just be skipping the horse farm now, too bad.

gldnhvst
  • Hnita (US1)Hnita (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    No extra building slot, no horse farm for me. It is an impossible task without extra slot. I am sure ggs is smart enough to get us one, if they want to, that is.
  • PlayerSamedi (INT1)PlayerSamedi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 206
    edited 22.04.2020
    I was really hoping that the horse ranch would have its own construction slot, especially now with upgrades available for buildings and trees, and about a million tree stumps to upgrade!  Also i am not understanding what items I have or how to use them in a race.  And I can't make any more because It says my storage is full but I cant figure out how to use them up so I can make some more.  Its all a little too complex for me right now.

*Same here. Also i do not like the fact that the stuff required for production in Smelter must be produced in the mine. We need the mine for gold licences (which take far too long to produce gold anyway).

The horse ranch now takes too much time to even begin to understand, too much clicking, effort, just too much of everything. It should have been made to be simpler. It is like the Ranch is a game of its own now. Producing the horse equipment only to improve it later? It reminds me of some other online games with shields, improved shields and improved weapons. 
    Not liking it.

On the other hand, i like the little forest i have now, i like that you augmented the storage space for horse equipment, thanks for that. 
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    If they were smart enough they would have done  it on this late update so don't count on it .
    I have long upgrades going now so they want us to use gold to skip on those new horse features .
    Well well ain't happening !!!!
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    OK folks, am I reading you all correctly, we have a new horse bug with selecting a horse to train yes?......... This is not the existing bug where the wrong horse is selected to do a counterchallenge.

Wabbit, yes, this has been going on since the update. Before the update, to train a horse we could choose the training course then which horse, or we could go to the stable and choose a horse then what we wanted to train that horse in. This is the way I chose which horses to train. But now, when we choose a horse in the stable, then hit the green arrow for the specialty we want to train them in, we are brought to that specialty course but sometimes a different horse appears to train there. I have not noticed a pattern, but every once in awhile the horse I chose is the one that appears to train. It is not impossible to change it, but it's not obvious and we didn't used to have to do this; Under the picture of the horse there are arrows where we can choose a different horse to train. But honestly, for me that's a pain because I am usually looking at what needs to be trained not the name of the horse. Then I have to go back to the stable, find the name of the horse I wanted, go back to training and scroll through to find it. All this new stuff is already adding so much time to horse racing, it makes this work-around just that much more frustrating.
    I go to the training ring, click it, choose the horse and that is the one that trains... I have no problem on my farm anyway.
    OK folks, am I reading you all correctly, we have a new horse bug with selecting a horse to train yes?......... This is not the existing bug where the wrong horse is selected to do a counterchallenge.

Wabbit, yes, this has been going on since the update. Before the update, to train a horse we could choose the training course then which horse, or we could go to the stable and choose a horse then what we wanted to train that horse in. This is the way I chose which horses to train. But now, when we choose a horse in the stable, then hit the green arrow for the specialty we want to train them in, we are brought to that specialty course but sometimes a different horse appears to train there. I have not noticed a pattern, but every once in awhile the horse I chose is the one that appears to train. It is not impossible to change it, but it's not obvious and we didn't used to have to do this; Under the picture of the horse there are arrows where we can choose a different horse to train. But honestly, for me that's a pain because I am usually looking at what needs to be trained not the name of the horse. Then I have to go back to the stable, find the name of the horse I wanted, go back to training and scroll through to find it. All this new stuff is already adding so much time to horse racing, it makes this work-around just that much more frustrating.
    Unfortunately for me, it is impossible to change it.  Going back to select the right horse ends the same -- the wrong horse is there to train, and it's impossible to get the right horse back.
  • artful (US1) said:
    Unfortunately for me, it is impossible to change it.  Going back to select the right horse ends the same -- the wrong horse is there to train, and it's impossible to get the right horse back.
    @artful (US1) You do not even have the arrows below the horse? Or is it the same problem as Heather described, where you are not sure of the name unless you go back to the stable to check?

artful (US1) said:
    @artful (US1) You do not even have the arrows below the horse? Or is it the same problem as Heather described, where you are not sure of the name unless you go back to the stable to check?
    In my post above, you can see where I selected "Santa Lucia."  I then click on the green arrow, and "Serenity" shows up for training.

Happened with several other horses this morning as well. I thought I was misclicking at first, but no, as you can see from the screen shots.

Thought that I was choosing the wrong horse. Glad to know it wasn't me. 
    It's not you! :)

@artful (US1) see the arrows beside the name of horse in the endurance training, if you click  them it will scroll thru to the horse you want and then click the start button.  As I have never sent a horse from the stable, was not aware of this issue.
    JVD (US1) said:
    @artful (US1) see the arrows beside the name of horse in the endurance training, if you click  them it will scroll thru to the horse you want and then click the start button.  As I have never sent a horse from the stable, was not aware of this issue.
    Okay, I finally see what you all are saying. This I got to work, but what a royal pain.  I send horses from the stables so I can see at a glance which ones need what. Thanks!
  • Thanks everyone, seems to be an issue with the "show me" buttons then, hopefully that won`t be too hard to fix (famous last words lol) sorry that you will have to use the scroll arrows in the meantime. :/
Sign In to comment.