Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

In loving memory of Mary Margret ( marywisc )

It is with great sadness that the Members of Brat Pack announces the passing of our Dear  Mary (marywisc).

At the young age of 33.  

Mary showed patience and was kind to all that knew her. Her leadership was an inspiration to all that were lucky enough to be guided by her.  Mary was instrumental in leading the Brats in achieving first place in the World Master League, which was her dream fulfilled. For the Brat members that participated to make this happen with her... WE  can't thank you enough. 

Mary was known by many in the big farm community for her love of the game and to her Brat family. Mary was touched by the outpouring of prayers and messages of love that were read to her by family, Vince at her end. 

On a personal note,  Mary Margret lived on a lake and loved to fish. Once the pier went in she would fish off the pier almost every day for dinner! 

She would go cross country skiing in winter and swim miles every day in summer
She had a zoo in her yard, she kept many bird feeders and also would feed rabbits, red squirrels, even an albino squirrel, and her favorite - a family of cranes. She has a dog, Dickens, her little love. Who hadn't left her side for weeks?

Although Mary was shy and private, a few neighborhood kids took to her. She would take them out in the boat pulling them on a tube for hours and hours. 

Mary played the piano - Ioved to sing- she could live on yogurt and did yoga every day. The most favorite books and movie that she enjoyed reading was Harry Potter.

On April 20, 2020, At 3;45am.   Mary Margret was guided on her final journey, by  Angels and Hummingbirds,  We rejoice that into God's hands Mary was delivered. Until we meet again we love you Peace.  

Charlie  and Sandra  

Comments

• DDu (US1)DDu (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    Mary, I will miss you... rest i peace my dear friend. D
  • Aww I am so sorry to hear that, Mary was indeed a lovely lady, while she was not the most prolific poster on the forum, she was often in my PM looking for help for one of her coop members or troubleshooting issues. My condolences to the Brat Pack & to all her friends & family, a very sad loss to anyone that was blessed to know her. :(
  • Tomcowan (US1)Tomcowan (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Mary,  I enjoyed working with you as we took Brat Pack to become the #1 cooperative (based on cooperative projects) many years ago.  As GGS added events, the Brat Pack would overwhelm the competition.

We will rebuild the Brat Pack in your memory.

Tom
  • Moonwise (US1)Moonwise (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Always the first person I look for when logging on to the farm, our fearless leader! Always so proud of us, your Brat Family. You will always be our Queen Brat, and always be so terribly missed! We all love you so!

Rest in Peace, Queen Mary!
    We'll see you on the Farm

Ali
    (Moonwise)
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
     :'(   :'(:'(  :'(  :'(  o:)  <3
  • You touched so many, in small ways and big ways, you were always so helpful, always so kind to answer my million questions. You made your mark in this game and will always be remembered.

Your pain is over, rest in peace.

Abby

"How lucky am I to have someone who makes saying goodbye so hard" Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne author
  • Rest in Peace, dear Mary.  Until we meet again and play Big Farm together in heaven.  

Lou the Brat
  • She will be sorely missed.  Prayers for her family and hugs for all of the Brats, past and present.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 20.04.2020
    Rest in peace Mary!   :'(   <3

My condolences to the Brat Pack, I know that she will be sorely missed!!! 

Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111

• pheenix (US1)pheenix (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Rest in Peace Mary, My dear friend and mentor. Until we see each other again, I will miss you so very much.

~~Pheenix
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

Rest In Peace Mary  <3
  • LEC (US1)LEC (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    My heart is broken  :(
    Rest, now, sweet Mary. Find warmth in the wings of the angels. 
    I will miss you. 
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    Heaven just welcomed another angel today.
  • Deb34 (US1)Deb34 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I am so very heartbroken for each and every one of us that have been touched by Mary's sweet soul over the years playing this game. It was a blessing to have known such a bright star. Us here at FARMING FRIENDS send our condolences out to Brat Pack and Mary's family far and wide.

• ManiB (US1)ManiB (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    I've been coming to the forum reluctantly the past week to hear of news regarding Mary.  Always hoping for good news, grateful for no news. Today, that skip in heartbeat, that gasp of breath that comes from deep down, arrived.  

This message is for the Brats, current and past, and those on multiple servers who called her friend, respected her smarts and skill, and who loved her.  I am so deeply sorry for your loss.  She  was an icon in the game, but for you, she was much more. She was your Mary. Your friend. Your leader. Your teacher. Your fiercest cheerleader.  I have no doubt she loved you and wants to see you all filled with joy and laughter sooner, rather than later.  Special hugs to @FarmerMarkD(US).   Your forum tribute to her touched my heart.  I could feel the connection between you. My best wishes to @myself2 (US1) and @LuckySandra2 (US1).  You have big shoes to fill and you will fill them well.  Thank you for the personal information about Mary.  It made me smile.

In my oven, I am baking a Door County Cherry Pie. I plan on eating it on my back porch in about an hour.  With me will be the birds, the squirrels, the racoons, my dogs and cats. I will think of a young woman dangling her feet in the water on a sunny day, a pole by her side, and a smile on her face as she remembers - - - "the wheat is probably ready to harvest. " 

Travel well, Mary. 

Mia (Farmer ManiB)

• chief1 (US1)chief1 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten!
    May God love and keep you until we all play together once again.

Mark
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    edited 20.04.2020
    This is a bad news for comunity BIG FARM, Rest in Peace Mary and condolences for all family and Brats Pack that lost a player, don't forgot it farmers, also why not played with it. Tears came to my heart.

RIP marywisc

:'(  for me this month had 2 bad news 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    There was plenty of time to prepare for this but I can feel a gaping hole in my heart and the tears are flowing. This game will not be the same without Mary for many of us. I am happy she is no longer in pain and no longer  suffering, but the selfish part of me just wants to scream why??? She was such a good person, she deserved a long and happy life.

We will now carry that pain for you Mary, you have touched so many players, I know you must have been greeted with the most beautiful set of angel wings!!!

Love you to pieces Mary, fly high and visit me in any way you see fit. :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'( 

•   DEAR  MARY YOU LIVED YOUR DASH WITH PRIDE  WE ALL WILL MISS YOU ...RIP

TILL WE MEET AGAIN GOD SPEED

The following is a poem by Linda Ellis © 1998. Consider the implications for your own life's choices

I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend
    He referred to the dates on her tombstone from the beginning to the end.
    He noted that first came the date of her birth and spoke of the following date with tears,
    But he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth...
    And now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own; the cars .... the house... the cash.
    What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard ... are there things you'd like to change?
    For you never know how much time is left. (You could be at "dash mid-range")

If we could just slow down enough to consider what's true and real,
    And always try to understand the way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger, and show appreciation more,
    And love the people in our lives like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect and more often wear a smile...
    Remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy's being read with your life's actions to rehash...
    Would you be proud of the things they say about how you spend your dash??

LINK TO VIDEO .....THE DASH  (POEM)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsY6UrFIsNs
  • Katie R (US1)Katie R (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Mary you will be missed.  I had hoped you'd be with us longer but God decided it was time for you to join him.  I will still keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Hope your now in peace and watching us play this game.... maybe even whisper oh no or not that or awesome move.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    :( So sorry to hear this. My condolences to her real life family and her gaming family. 
  • soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    You live on through the ones you loved. Alive & strong through the lives you touched. You always meant so very much & always will to the people that came to know you......Until we meet again dearest Mary  <3
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 21.04.2020
    My prayers  o:) & best wishes  <3 go out to Mary's families she has touched in one way or another. Mary has been a huge part of BF & the Brats for as long as I can remember. Just won't quite be the same here with out her.   :'(

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/204229/see-you-on-the-farm#latest
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    As if I were any competition to her at all, Mary would joke with me when we'd cross paths in a mission... she would give me tips and encouragement... and a bit of hope that someday, maybe I could be a tenth as good as she was. A gracious, generous lady who will be missed by both those she played with and against - a fitting memorial. May the game she plays now be free from bugs... may the pools be filled with all the fish she needs to score... may all her fertilizer be instant... may her cows, her pigs, her hens, and her ducks be champions... and may she rest in peace.
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    So very sorry to hear this... :'(:'(:'(:'( 

Hugs and prayers going out to your families and friends, and to all of the families whose hearts you touched in your time with all of us here at BF and on the Brat Pack. You live on in all of our hearts!  

Rest in Peace, beautiful Mary 

• Mary, may your soul be forever "sparkled"
    by the love & memories of those you leave behind!

• FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    So, here's the thing. When Mary and I were leaders of the wonderful Brat Pack, she would always ask me to send coop emails and to post on the forum when she felt something should be posted. "You're better putting it in words" she'd tell me. 

Well, today I have no words. I've been trying all day. Thinking I should post SOMETHING here. I should post something about how much Mary meant to me. Means to me. But every time I tried, there was just nothing. 

I got a text from Mary's dear, dear friend today who has been an angel on earth and has been taking care of our Mary in her illness. He told me that Mary wanted me to know that some of her last words were of me. Of how much she loved me. How much my post on the forum meant to her. And that broke me. It really did.

So, sitting here late into the night, reading all the wonderful words from others in this thread, crying my eyes out yet again, posting this totally inadequate post about how much Mary meant to me, I realize that that text really sums it up. With her dying breaths,  Mary was thinking about others and wanting them to know they were special to her. Were special and loved. And to me, that was the essence of Mary. That remains the essence of Mary that I will hold with me always. Mary cared deeply about those whose lives touched hers. She loved all her Brats, past and present. She loved her dog, Dickens. She loved her friend Vince, who has been there for her through all the many hardships Mary suffered in her life (but never complained about - well, sometimes she complained, let's be honest here). She loved so very much that I guess this life just couldn't contain all the love, and she had to move on to somewhere where love is limitless and infinite. 

Mary was a giant in the Big Farm community. Mary touched so many people on this server and on other servers. She helped young farms grow, she gave advice and encouragement, she led her team to many a victory and comforted us in defeat. She could be fierce when she needed to be, but it was always in service of the love she had for the game and for her Brat Pack. It was always to make the Pack stronger, better, more of a family.

But to me, Mary was a true friend. I never met Mary. I had no idea when I started playing this game that someone I had never met could become so central to my life. She helped me through so much in the years I've known her. She was always, always there for me. And now she's gone. And my heart is broken. 

This is not just my loss. From reading these forum posts, from reading chat today, even though I could not contribute, from reading all the pms I received, I know this is a loss for the community too. I thank everyone who posted, who sent messages, who sparkled Mary's farm and my farm so spectacularly. I send my sincere, deep condolences to all the Brats, past and present, who feel this loss deep inside their bones as I do. 

I also realize that for someone who said they had no words, I've typed a lot of them. Still, as I said, they are vastly inadequate to express the love I have for Mary and the sadness I feel at her passing. But at least I've tried. And Mary would tell me I did a great job. Because she always said that, even if it wasn't true. That's just how she was. 
  • As so many have said and said so well, Mary was not only an icon but a truly one of a kind person. One of the likes that for those that knew her, you will never know another such as Mary.

We here at HNC only knew her in the game as the best leader, teacher, supporter and player of the game ever. But i'm sure those who were fortunate enough to know Mary in real life would say the same of her there as well.

Even after times of difficulty with Mary I can say that we had so many high quality chats thru pm's in the last few months, that alone is a testimony of the quality of a person that Mary truly was, again surely one of a kind.

We would like to pass all of our best wishes to past and present Brat members, as well as all others who knew Mary. She will be deeply missed by all of us who she touched.

Mary, our friend.....please rest in peace and we will someday again meet up with you.....

Wellyworld (Sharon)
    UserRart1959 (Rick)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file