Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Ranch Guide

Comments

• LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I have been able to produce items but the USE button is never enabled for me.  When I hover over it I get "Horse cannot be equipped with this item."  Help?
    If you read the description for each equipment item it tells you the restrictions - i.e.the breeding effects your horse must have in order to use this item. The descriptions are quite precise. For example if you want to use Agile jumping boots your horse must have Agility +1 or higher breeding effect. Good for double green fences. Otherwise there will be a message "Horse can't be equipped with this item". I only make the precise equipment for a particular horse for a particular race. First several times on the fly to see how it works. Now I know which saddle, which boots, which wraps, which caps. Can't use saddle cloths at all, my jumping horse doesn't have the necessary effects. I win a lot against higher level horses now.
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 20.04.2020
    why do I not have permission to post anything here ?

So now I do,    what I wanted to say is, that I am really not convinced that the horses quality/competences is taken in to consideration in a race. It seems as if the results are still as random as ever before .
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    edited 20.04.2020
    Can't use saddle cloths at all, my jumping horse doesn't have the necessary effects

I believe you need a empty breedingeffect box for this . Have you already filled all 12 boxes of the breeding effects ?
  • I spent the stupid 20,000 gold to get more barn storage but I have not yet been able to manufacture ANYTHING except saddles and boots. I have not one item I can use pink/red dye on? not one? so what was the 20k gold to go for? i cannot make any items more than the 4-6 (I have no idea) items I was able to make on day 2 of this. Just another reason I am now gardening in the yard instead of wasting time on a stupid farm!
    Call me "Getting tired of this"

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 21.04.2020
    In what universe is this supposed to be fun?

I spent years training my horses and now I can't win races anymore.

In my opinion this nothing but a huge mess.

But I supose GGS will be happy because players will throw gold at it.

Post edited by rsny (US1) on
  • Tweetyr (US1)Tweetyr (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    I have to agree with most of the above, I have found if I check the box for using the best horse for a competition it chooses the worst horse, so I have to manually select the best horse for each competition, the horse races are much more time consuming than before. I have made the items (saddles, boots etc) but have seen no benefit from them, where in the previous edition I would make it to almost platinum I can barely get out of the bronze league and my top horses lose to way lower horses. In my opinion this change was a mistake as the time it takes to work this area is way to much and I will spend my time on my other farms. Remember sometimes "less" is "more". If it is to complicated or time consuming players will cease to play.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    The new horse ranch guide has a new name invented by a good friend of me. 
    It is called: The not understandable Encyclopedia with 75 Books and each book has 10 capitels. When there will be ever a player who will improve drasticly his horse on the new horse farm?? That is the 1 million dollar question
  • LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Can't use saddle cloths at all, my jumping horse doesn't have the necessary effects

I believe you need a empty breedingeffect box for this . Have you already filled all 12 boxes of the breeding effects ?
    I will look at it again and try a couple of saddle cloths. I am not sure if my horse has to have these effects already on order to enhance them (i.i.strength breeding effect icon in a saddlecloth description looks like jumping breeding effect in the horse description - confusing as ever). My horse has jumping effects but not strength effect.
  • Northsta (US1)Northsta (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    You guys obviously put some thought into the game.  But not from the user perspective.  You need a BA in your midst.  You really dropped the ball on this one.  Horse racing at its worst.  No explanation.  No tutorials.  Way too complicated.  Ease off on the amount of available equipment.  Ease off on the building requirements.  Make a new construction slot.  And for goodness sake, explain what the equipment is for.  And make it easier to equip horses with it.  It is cumbersome, complicated and expensive.  Want this to work?  Hire a BA.  
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    BUT... they randomly select another horse, even though YOU have selected one.  CAUTION!!  When you check that it is correct on the first race... it can randomly switch horses for next races.  Sooo bizarre!

Agreed @DebRN (US1)  Even if "Horse XYZ" is busy with training it comes up in as available in the challenges. This is nothing more than another BFG bug. To give BFG some credit the new Horse Farm is looking a lot better than before and I feel over time it will get even better.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    I've added the details of the second update (of yesterday) to the very first post in this thread so that you will be able to find all the information pertaining to the new horse ranch in one place :)
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    I had 19 Agile Jumping Boots
    I asked it to craft another 11 
    It used the raw materials but stock remained at 19/30
    When trying to assign these to a horse there is a "Find Equipment in Storage" button
    I clicked that and it showed 2 slots of Agile Jumping Boots, one containing 19/30 and another containing 11/30
    It is occupying 2 of my 9 slots and preventing me crafting other things !!!  grrrrr   :¬(
    @WiseWing Could you report this please  :¬)

Will do

And guys please, this tread is meant as a tutorial. Please put all your comments / suggestions / bug reports in the main discussion thread. That way I will be able to see them and pass them to "authorities". If in this thread, I may miss them. So everything that you want me to pass to GGS, please put in in https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/204576/update-apr-22nd-step-up-a-level-with-your-horse-discussion#latest 
  • Nelie (NL1)Nelie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
    Onze coöperatie "Natuur 2020"kan al de hele avond niet inloggen, wat is er mis
  • Do you have to select the equipment for the counter challenge or does the game select it for you? I just don't understand how equipment for the counter challenge works.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Both lol. The game will select the 1st item of each but you can pick from the list. Once you've picked, it uses that till you change it
  • Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    OMG  is there going to be a final exam ??????
  • avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    April Fool? Just asking 'cause of the date on this.
    I think that it was posted back in January. I was thinking about the same thing until i found out that its the month day then year. It maybe the april fools day or January 4
  • avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    this is so complicated that I fear most will not even bother to fully figure it out.  They couldn't have made it more complicated if they tried!  It's obvious these developers don't play the game.  I'm just doing the same basics I did before until something is made more clear.  What a colossal waste of energy!
    yeah. I felt the same way until I fully figured out the game!!! It is a lot of energy to play this game
  • this is so complicated that I fear most will not even bother to fully figure it out.  They couldn't have made it more complicated if they tried!  It's obvious these developers don't play the game.  I'm just doing the same basics I did before until something is made more clear.  What a colossal waste of energy!
    yeah. I felt the same way until I fully figured out the game!!! It is a lot of energy to play this game

Well, it's fun if you love solving puzzles, although it is kinda sad that they didn't add that much value to the farm for all the new stuff they put on it.
    Sorry, I give up. Usually I make it to the platin and get the GML. This time it is not going to be possible.
    No matter what I do I loose the races. 3 days now where I have won 1 or 2 races, and lost the rest, no matter if I used prober equipment or not, and no matter the level of the horses. Actually I think the 1-2 I won was against horses much higher in level than my own. This horsegame is way too complicated, takes far too much time and you get nothing out of the work. I am done - anyone who wants 3 horses with rarity level 4 and a level above 100? 
  • Sorry, I give up. Usually I make it to the platin and get the GML. This time it is not going to be possible.
    No matter what I do I loose the races. 3 days now where I have won 1 or 2 races, and lost the rest, no matter if I used prober equipment or not, and no matter the level of the horses. Actually I think the 1-2 I won was against horses much higher in level than my own. This horsegame is way too complicated, takes far too much time and you get nothing out of the work. I am done - anyone who wants 3 horses with rarity level 4 and a level above 100? 
    i would love them lol, send them over in a horse float first thing in the morning :smile:

And yes, the horse ranch is a million times more complicated now, personally, ggs didn't add that much value for the trouble they caused, but you go with the flow :smile:

I wish you good luck and i hope you figure out the horse ranch :)
  • DebiMac (US1)DebiMac (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    Initially I am going to do this just as before
    There are 3 tabs along the top to choose discipline just like before
    There are 3 opponents to pick from just like before
    It costs 12 fuel just like before

I'm sure I shall work the rest out eventually
    I thought that would be the case, too. But, be careful! I mistakenly made some equipment and somehow assigned it to my horse, and now he loses every single race, jump, and dressage.  I'm still trying to figure out how to "unassignment" equipment, but from what I read above, I think I just have to use them up.  Until then, my poor house will continue to lose.  UGH. :s
  • CityGirl (US1)CityGirl (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    edited 15.05.2020
    Okay, I found something.  SOMETIMES, when I click on a piece of equipment, I am told the horse needs to have "+1 endurance" to use it and it shows the speedometer icon that we associate with endurance training. Well, I have a horse that supposedly has +1 RACING.  It doesn't say ENDURANCE.  So I can't put the equipment on it.  Similarly, I have a horse with +1 jumping, although the jumping equipment calls it STRENGTH (again, using the same barbell icon).  So does this mean that GGS switched the terminology mid-stream and thus broke the whole thing?
    Terminology is something I have been very confused about for awhile. According to this tutorial, the breeding effects that equipment helps (like decreasing the chance of balking behavior) are only: strength, endurance, dexterity, dressage, racing and jumping. 

My horse has elegance and speed as two of his breeding effects. Is elegance the same as dressage? Is speed the same as racing or endurance? Or do I just not benefit at all for having those two breeding effects?
  • dawnsky (US1)dawnsky (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    It is not much fun racing your horse when you rarely win a race - with or without using new horse equipment. I was ready to buy new horses to train, but am rethinking this. I am afraid to race my horses now because it only causes me to drop to a lower level! So if you don't train and race your horses, you do not need horseshoes. If you do not need horseshoes, you do not need fruit for the boat. If you do not need fruit, you do not need to participate in Temp Farms. Been playing this game for 5 years and have enjoyed building my farm and racing my horses and playing all these events. So, tell me Big Farm, what to do about this Horse Farm thing. Should i use my resources as well as Gold to continue these events and not stand much of a chance to actually make it worth my while? I hope you can fix this so we can continue to enjoy these events. If not, well, you may find yourselves losing money, and I can just play a simpler game and keep my money in my pocket.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    It is not much fun racing your horse when you rarely win a race - with or without using new horse equipment. I was ready to buy new horses to train, but am rethinking this. I am afraid to race my horses now because it only causes me to drop to a lower level! So if you don't train and race your horses, you do not need horseshoes. If you do not need horseshoes, you do not need fruit for the boat. If you do not need fruit, you do not need to participate in Temp Farms. Been playing this game for 5 years and have enjoyed building my farm and racing my horses and playing all these events. So, tell me Big Farm, what to do about this Horse Farm thing. Should i use my resources as well as Gold to continue these events and not stand much of a chance to actually make it worth my while? I hope you can fix this so we can continue to enjoy these events. If not, well, you may find yourselves losing money, and I can just play a simpler game and keep my money in my pocket.
    Great point but
     you forgot about that good old Captain Barnical - once one starts a temp farm that boat changes & never goes back - you're stuck having to do at least a minimum on all the temp farms in order to be able to keep sending that boat out regularly.
    This is one of the big reasons a lot of co ops warn their lower level members about these traps!
    Great point but
     you forgot about that good old Captain Barnical - once one starts a temp farm that boat changes & never goes back - you're stuck having to do at least a minimum on all the temp farms in order to be able to keep sending that boat out regularly.
    This is one of the big reasons a lot of co ops warn their lower level members about these traps!
    You don´t have to do the actually temp farm to send out the boat. You can just change the fruit you want to donate to what actually is required by the captain. 

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @mutterkjær (SKN1) how can you change the request with out doing a temp farm at least once? In order to get the fruit requests from the boat u need to start a temp farm. Then u need to earn enough currency to buy enough special fruit seeds to fill his requests until u start the next temp farm.Then the requests change.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @mutterkjær (SKN1) how can you change the request with out doing a temp farm at least once? In order to get the fruit requests from the boat u need to start a temp farm. Then u need to earn enough currency to buy enough special fruit seeds to fill his requests until u start the next temp farm.Then the requests change.
    I am finding that the Jetty gives me more than enough seeds from both Boxes twice a day. Temp farm currency goes on ducks and donkeys etc.
Sign In to comment.