Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 31st - A Horseshoe for you! - Discussion

Comments

• I normally play this game in Chrome, but the horse farm texts are missing.  No way I'm going to clear my cookies--that's where all the passwords are which I've long forgotten.  So I loaded Big Farm in Firefox.  Sure enough, the horse farm texts came up, but the whole game runs much slower.  I guess I'll have to switch back and forth, using Firefox only when on the horse farm.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • is there other uses for horse crest other then buying new trees or upgrading buildings.  If no, not much use doing this at all.  Total waste of time.  I hope they add something to spend these crests on
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 09.04.2020
    Ok, finally got a building....  Assuming a "tannery" is making leather???

Out of MUSHROOMS and TREE BARK?   Really?????
    How do you get leather out of mushrooms?
    Is ANYONE at GG based on Earth?

maybe you should look it up and do some research.
    Vegan leather mushroom

Featured snippet from the web

Mushroom leather (Muskin) is one of the best-known vegan leather types besides pineapple leatherMushroom leather is very stable, flexible and by far the most robust vegan leather type. Some manufacturers have already advanced production and are engaged in the development of bricks and furniture. rember this game is vegan friendly.  

https://danandmez.com/blog/mushroom-leather/
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I normally play this game in Chrome, but the horse farm texts are missing.  No way I'm going to clear my cookies--that's where all the passwords are which I've long forgotten.  So I loaded Big Farm in Firefox.  Sure enough, the horse farm texts came up, but the whole game runs much slower.  I guess I'll have to switch back and forth, using Firefox only when on the horse farm.

you do NOT have to clear your cookies, just browsing history and cache in Chrome... I just did it with no problem and  now I have dialog!!! YAY   :D
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Well no clue what I'm suppose to do here.

harvest your horse ranch trees and sell mushrooms
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, finally got a building....  Assuming a "tannery" is making leather???

Out of MUSHROOMS and TREE BARK?   Really?????
    How do you get leather out of mushrooms?
    Is ANYONE at GG based on Earth?

maybe you should look it up and do some research.
    Vegan leather mushroom

Featured snippet from the web

Mushroom leather (Muskin) is one of the best-known vegan leather types besides pineapple leatherMushroom leather is very stable, flexible and by far the most robust vegan leather type. Some manufacturers have already advanced production and are engaged in the development of bricks and furniture. rember this game is vegan friendly.  

https://danandmez.com/blog/mushroom-leather/
    WOW I never heard of leather made from mushrooms.   Well learn something new every day huh?
    So then I looked up tree bark, certain kinds are used ON hide to tan.   However part of that mushroom technique also works along with tree bark.    So ok, in the spirit of not killing animals on this game, at least this part makes some sense now.

Still.... every FARM I ever heard of will occasionally butcher an animal for either skin or food or both.
    My neighbor raises chickens for eggs but if one stops producing eggs, it's dinner.   Just the way things are.

Anyway, this whole overly complicated horse farm got boring fast.   I just click through it and move along.  Don't care what all their numbers mean at this point. 

And I am NOT wiping out my history just to fix their game texts.   Websites update ALL THE TIME without screwing up their own pages.   So oh well.  Missing text.  Big deal.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    well if you cleared it out and was able to see what everything was actually called it might make more sense. seeing how i am pretty sure anyone using vegan stuff would be pretty against any kind of animal use. so pretty sure even if a said cow was on a vegans farm just cause they rescued it or something and it died they still would not use it. pretty sure that is against a vegans belief. and seeing how everything has the word vegan in it that is why they went with the mushrooms.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Thank you for fixing the bug with the favourite offers not being accessible for all players. Now I am able to take advantage of offers like the fertile meadow offer and Benny's Bargains.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    well if you cleared it out and was able to see what everything was actually called it might make more sense. seeing how i am pretty sure anyone using vegan stuff would be pretty against any kind of animal use. so pretty sure even if a said cow was on a vegans farm just cause they rescued it or something and it died they still would not use it. pretty sure that is against a vegans belief. and seeing how everything has the word vegan in it that is why they went with the mushrooms.
    That is the vegan part,but many of those vegans turn later to vegetarians.And those are extremists,in that case will will have milkless cows and goats and donkey,s.Yes donkeys produce milk also. Cleopatra used donkey milk in here daily bath,eggless chickens and ducks,the other animals has no need to live also. In that case we dont need a mill on the MF,no fields to produce corn or wgeat for the feed. Then we can plant Applesand cherry,s only.Good profit making,Ohh wait we need dung for the silo. This is gooing to far with that vegenstuff and over political correctness in a game.I go light up my BBQ
  • humpty (AU1)humpty (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16

what i have worked out is...the top number of each box is the secs taken for each behavior..the bottom number is the percentage chance of that behavior occurring .....eg the red jump 13.5 secs taken for balking behavior...35.9% chance of it occurring... it's doesn't show the standard 28% chance of normal behavior (trot) which always stays the same..then 6.5 secs for rushing (galloping) 36.1% chance of it occurring..total 100%

When you improve your horse you make very small changes to the percentages....slightly (very slightly) less chance of balking and more chance of galloping...the 28% trot never changes

green figures are merely improved times owing to your boots & shin wraps

Hope this helps someone :)
    Humpty

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023
     o:) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I got text after clearing the cache. Ctrl-F5 didn't work, I had to clear the complete cache.
    Ok, I did read humpty's posts above.  BUT....

Without taking a college course in statistics,
    Just playing a game,
    WHAT should I be producing and how is it used?  AND WHY?
    Ya know I just click through the races.  Don't even look at who I'm racing anymore.
    Click through, win most, lose a few, and I've been making it to the same level after this every time since it started.
    So is making stuff going to change that?
    Except for icons of guessing what the saddle is made of??? Trees, sand, etc.  OR showing what things the horse deals with, jumping for example.  The number are IDENTICAL. 
    And what does this mean anyway?  -1s    MINUS ONE SECOND?  They ALL say that.  What does it mean?
    GG WHY do you insist on making these cryptic things no one can understand?

Note I cannot see any text that perhaps would clear this up.
    I AM NOT.... REPEAT NOT... clearing my damn history or cookies.

I know one of the mods here said to search for big farm or goodgame cookies.  I cannot find on my version of firefox to SHOW the cookies.  Previous versions could, when I  used safari it could. Sure can't find it now.
    I have a choice of clearing all of them or not.
    Not going to  happen.  So if someone knows where this is buried on firefox for mac version 64 PLEASE let me know.

Developers need to learn how to add new things without making cookie conflicts on their own sites.
    (Hint, right now THIS GAME is the only one with some kind of cookie conflict.  NOTHING ELSE.)
    So I will do without texts.  (My guess, it wouldn't clear up much anyway.)

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Artmaker (GB1) just clear your cache... not cookies or other things.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have said this before, but we need GGS to address this................

There is not enough production from the mills (feed) and from the lab.  I need larger batches in the lab.  Otherwise there is no point to these duck community buildings and cow and bee and so on, because i cannot generate the feed for them.  I have already reached the point, where exchanging more cows for smaller cows is pointless, because i cannot start them up with feed.  We need bigger batches in the Lab.  The lab is more important than the Mills at this point, but the Windmill and Watermill are approaching a breaking point as well.  With the lab, we are already past the breaking point.

And yes, I have three of them, running all of the time.

PLEASE get this done.
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Glad to see I'm not the only player confused about the "new" horse ranch. Way too complicated. Not enough storage? No open slots for equipment? I was a math major but all these stats are overkill IMHO for what should be an easy game to play. Just one opinion.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I made one each of the 5 horse items (tack?), and I think I put some on the horses. Not sure what if anything they are supposed to do.
    Mostly I'm just making the things and selling them to grow trees, and racing the horses like I always do.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Would love more room in the storage barn.  Been reading back on the posts and do not see anything about new levels coming for the Mill, Tannery and Dyeworks buildings.
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Artmaker (GB1) just clear your cache... not cookies or other things.
    Did.   Do it all the time.  Made no difference. 
    I did locate where cookies are stored, only see FIVE in there with "goodgame" in it somewhere, and every one appears to be related to this forum.
    Glad to see I'm not the only player confused about the "new" horse ranch. Way too complicated. Not enough storage? No open slots for equipment? I was a math major but all these stats are overkill IMHO for what should be an easy game to play. Just one opinion.
    Yea.  It's all just boring already.  I don't see any reason in working all those buildings anymore.  For what?  Just to start more trees?   Frankly I can do without them.  Makes searching for the tiny things like eggs that much more difficult.  And it's not like we earn farm dollars.  It's just a vicious circle going nowhere.

Even hanging a carrot in front of a donkey, it moves forward thinking it might reach a reward.
    We don't seem to have any reward.  Just plod forward.   For what?
    Meh.... zzzzzzzzzzz. more poker for me.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 14.04.2020
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    My motivation for doing the horses has been the same since the day they were introduced, I plod forward to earn gold. (and gml).
    I agree that the new set-up is complicated but that's why I like this game (if I wanted simple I could play noughts and crosses). It is perfectly possible to play as we did before, choose a discipline, choose an opponent, go and it's all down to breeding but now, if we want to, we can get an idea of your opponents weaknesses and make choices based on them. We can actually influence the outcome of a race whereas before it was just a calculation (you have an 80% chance of winning and this was the 1 in 5, you lost)

@WiseWing
    Could you suggest to GGS that it would be nice to see the race time as well as whether we won or lost without having to scroll through all the jumps. If the result was close I;m interested in how the jumps went but I need to know it was close before I start looking.
  • I have asked a couple of time but 0 answer.  Is there going to be somewhere we can buy stuff with our crests?  If not this new area is total waste of time.  Buying diamonds with crests and watch to see how interested players become in the horses then. 
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 15.04.2020
    I have a problem where everything is gibberish camelcase, even the help section isn't helpful as stuff I presume isn't displaying correctly...

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I have asked a couple of time but 0 answer.  Is there going to be somewhere we can buy stuff with our crests?  If not this new area is total waste of time.  Buying diamonds with crests and watch to see how interested players become in the horses then. 
    You are expecting way to much from GGS bunch of intern programmers - look back at how long it took them to add this to the horse ranch - years!!
     No way they will have to a point where it's play able and where folks can understand it for weeks if not months from now.

Again they should be focused on fixing what is already broken before adding new stuff :(
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    So, GGS all you really did, was make it much harder to get to Diamond League...This is all I'm really seeing with this new feature. Nothing else.  Meanwhile, using this actual feature has stopped while racing my horse's for some odd reason anyway.  
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I have a problem where everything is gibberish camelcase, even the help section isn't helpful as stuff I presume isn't displaying correctly...

I've been having this same issue since Horse Ranch upgrade. Hard to figure out what to do when the language is so messed up. 
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 15.04.2020
    clear the browser cache, reload the game and the text is readable
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can GGS tell us....Are we always going to have these ridiculous one-week dream farms?  It is getting really ridiculous.
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267

@WiseWing
    Could you suggest to GGS that it would be nice to see the race time as well as whether we won or lost without having to scroll through all the jumps. If the result was close I;m interested in how the jumps went but I need to know it was close before I start looking.
    Of course ;)
    So I finally have a few saddles, boots, helmets etc made.  Went to race, loaded up my horse, (seems only three things can be used, seems really stupid.  But ok, picked three and went.)
    I picked three for racing.  Selected racing.   
    AND THESE ARE A ONE TIME USE ONLY?   I don't SEE how any of it actually helped.
    Again I can plod through racing, not even looking anymore who I pick to race, and get about the same results every time. 
    NOW?  The time invested into this meaningless horse racing just isn't worth it.
    I'm not seeing ANY actual benefit to making any stuff at all. 
    I usually make it to platinum, (depending how often I play this game.)
    Or at least I make it to gold if I only play once a day with my coffee.
    WITHOUT any of this stuff.

And that's it.   This whole mess just shot to the top of my ignore it list.
Sign In to comment.