Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 31st - A Horseshoe for you! - Discussion

Comments

• Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    WHY isn't my top rated horse running in any races?   I scrolled through all my horses and it's not even an option.   My level 70 is running when I have an 80 that is suppose to be?

I think this whole thing should sit on the drawing board.   Or TEST IT WITH PEOPLE.
    The numbers by all the stuff relating to horses seems to make NO sense what so ever.  Now that this is out for more servers, the whole US coop I'm in has nothing but questions.  

I've been playing on the international one for a bit now.... this is rapidly advancing to my ignore it list.
    Tree bark and mushrooms make leather?   On what planet?
    And actual racing is now slower than ever.   STUPID graphics of horses swipe across the screen.
    WHY?  That got old the first time I played it.

You can sellect your best horse at the tournament truck  -  tournament preparation middle button at the top and then select your best horse   Make sure that you select it for all 3 parts jumping / dressage / racing

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Thanks for making the game laggy and unplayable with another unnecesasary update. The game is already slow and instead of fixing the issue GGS continues to bring in new features that make the game even slower.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • You know, if we are going to have those horses that run across the screen when we race/jump/dressage, then at least show us the types of hurdles/obstacles that our horses either stumbled on or was successful on.  This way we know what to focus on when making improvements in our horses or what equipment is most necessary to win.

You can review the race after it finishes to see where your horse had trouble. 

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 07.04.2020
    The problem is the numbers on the right hand side of the block are the same for every discipline & seem to be affected most by the level of the horse & the extra equipment. It does't take account of breeding effects or training in specific disciplines ... I can't see any number which alters to show the effect of those & therefore enable you to work out the best horse. You therefore rely on the game showing you which is best by automatically selecting the correct horse, but that feature has always been really buggy and therefore that means we have to see what the game says is the best horse daily and then manually select the same horse ... bit of a rigmarole. 
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 07.04.2020
    Well no clue what I'm suppose to do here.

@Artmaker (GB1) Keep in mind that this week is a test, so they didn`t finish all the texts 100% yet, you may find some dummy ones as placeholders & some missing ones. More are being added all the time, so you can try clearing cache & cookies to see if there is a later version for any you find missing. The missing one in your screenshot should be there now, and the strange one there about production costs has been reported, as there is no happiness or decos on the ranch.
    They did not finish all text? Never heard such nonsense....on the INT server all text are complete, in english so at least for the US and GB server the text should be complete.
    Another thing....if a new feature is not finished....don't implement it !
    This week is a test? I thought last week was a test on the INT server....????
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995

INT server ^

NL server ^

INT server ^

NL server ^

NL server ^

• iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    this is the basic but starting part of the new horsefarm. On the int server there are lots of players wich have builded all the buildings and extra trees. Untill now you can only build 1 level,no upgrades are possible yet available. So when you have lots of horseshields you can do 2 things. 1 build as much trees as you can. 2 or save them up for the upgrades for the buildings.  i personal think the 2th option may be the best
  • firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    what happened to he weekly parking lot events like mysterious asia, here's to nature, etc?
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    Not a fan of the new horse tournament, my horse level 49 and all the opponents are from level 80,90 and 100. No chance to win. Balance the opponent levels in this event
    edited 02.02.2023
     B) 
  • Orinoco (GB1)Orinoco (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,176
    edited 07.04.2020
    @FarmerCli (US1) It's an ash tree and produces hops

Courtesy of RowdyRac's Horse Ranch Guide:

"Horse Equipment Production

New Production Facilities - Trees

There will be seven kinds of Trees that are located on the Horse Ranch and these Trees can produce seven different base ingredients for the Horse equipment. All production is automated and you can harvest a certain amount of base ingredients for every production cycle each tree has.

• Beech trees produce mushrooms

• Cork Oak trees produce corks

• Kapok trees produce Kapok fruits

• Ash trees produce Hops

• Birch trees produce Birch leaves

• Exotic trees produce Blue bugs

• Hibiscus trees produce Hibiscus flowers

Note: You can also grow new Trees on each Tree stump on the Horse Ranch by spending Horse crests. But caution: You cannot see which tree type you will get before a construction is done. Each player will unlock the same numbers of different trees, but in a random order. 

You can sell tree products in the farm management"

edited 02.02.2023

<3 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    WHY isn't my top rated horse running in any races?   I scrolled through all my horses and it's not even an option.   My level 70 is running when I have an 80 that is suppose to be?

I think this whole thing should sit on the drawing board.   Or TEST IT WITH PEOPLE.
    The numbers by all the stuff relating to horses seems to make NO sense what so ever.  Now that this is out for more servers, the whole US coop I'm in has nothing but questions.  

I've been playing on the international one for a bit now.... this is rapidly advancing to my ignore it list.
    Tree bark and mushrooms make leather?   On what planet?
    And actual racing is now slower than ever.   STUPID graphics of horses swipe across the screen.
    WHY?  That got old the first time I played it.

You can sellect your best horse at the tournament truck  -  tournament preparation middle button at the top and then select your best horse   Make sure that you select it for all 3 parts jumping / dressage / racing

So where is the "tournament truck" ?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Artmaker (GB1) they mean the "competition transporter" truck
    Again, WHERE is that?
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @FarmerCli (US1)

I think thats the concept, Where you can actually go and set specifically your horse for each race there :))

Its very picky setup for each race ( if u feel like doing it )

Choosing the 2 items, that u will see the most, in the coming race ( Can change from a race to another )

So for better results, you would have to tweak them every race :)
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    Again, WHERE is that?
    Oh why do they make it so complicated @""Artmaker (GB1)" ? On your horse farm there is a stable, near a light brown circle = the market. To the left of the market is a truck with a horse type trailer. Click on this, it is the "competition transporter." I hope this helped somewhat :smile:

In my opinion there is now too much on this farm, I cannot find anything. Nor are there sufficient labels or instructions. Just my opinion though, I am sure many will be enjoying this new feature.
  • POWERUP2 (US1)POWERUP2 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    I just checked on the new update all of you were talking about. I'm sorry if I haven't been chatting. It's my first time in seven years. Anyway, I barely have enough coins to buy the buildings in the horse ranch. But when I do, I'll tell you how it goes.

BTW, how's the event going? I can't wait to see the results.
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    @FarmerCli (US1) It's an ash tree and produces hops

Courtesy of RowdyRac's Horse Ranch Guide:

"Horse Equipment Production

New Production Facilities - Trees

There will be seven kinds of Trees that are located on the Horse Ranch and these Trees can produce seven different base ingredients for the Horse equipment. All production is automated and you can harvest a certain amount of base ingredients for every production cycle each tree has.

• Beech trees produce mushrooms

• Cork Oak trees produce corks

• Kapok trees produce Kapok fruits

• Ash trees produce Hops

• Birch trees produce Birch leaves

• Exotic trees produce Blue bugs

• Hibiscus trees produce Hibiscus flowers

<i>Note: You can also grow new Trees on each Tree stump on the Horse Ranch by spending Horse crests. But caution: You cannot see which tree type you will get before a construction is done. Each player will unlock the same numbers of different trees, but in a random order.&nbsp;</i>

You can sell tree products in the farm management"

Where and how exactly can I earn those horse crests?

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157

Where and how exactly can I earn those horse crests?

you get them from completing tasks & from challenging in the horse tournament
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Not impressed with the Horse Ranch updates. None of the building or product labels appear when I hover over the item or scroll through the barn items. Another disappointing roll-out. Hopefully the developers are working behind the scenes to fix the issue. 
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    An aha moment. Cleared my cache and refreshed screen. Yippee. Everything has a name now. WTG GGS Devs!
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I have reached the Silver League in the current competition, but am not collecting the level awards - button remains greyed out.  Bronze awards were received as normal.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I have reached the Silver League in the current competition, but am not collecting the level awards - button remains greyed out.  Bronze awards were received as normal.
    I have the same problem
    Never mind - they've added more levels and now you have to scroll down
    And just finished building the factory.  GOOD GRIEF!!!  Way too many items to make.
    This   is a total snooze.   Buildings still don't say what they are, I finally got all the buildings up on my international farm.  That last one is totally confusing.  And NOTHING says just what the stuff we make will do.
    The horse racing never did make any sense and now the page is filled with numbers NONE OF WHICH make any sense.   WHY?  I just clicked through it and got about the same wins and loses I always do. 
    Can't developers here EVER sit someone down in front of a new thing and just watch the level of HUH?
    Then rework it and do this BEFORE it's rolled out?   (Or rushed out.)

I'm done.   I'll click through the racing like I always have.  Sell off what ever I make, no clue what it might be worth keeping.  What ever.   Win what I win and move on.   It's not like there is any great prize at the end.
    What, another avitar?  A new trophy?  How many of those can we use?  Now a nice big gold purse would be worth working for. 

Ha, the US coop I'm in keeps pushing members to start paying for a subscription.  Know what?
    NO WAY IN HELL would I pay for this.  Every single new thing you guys roll out is buggy, broken, or so danged complicated and confusing no one knows how to play it.   PAY FOR THIS?   Oh hell no.  I've been walking away more and more often.   Harvest, plant, move along.   Not much here is all that interesting.
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
Sign In to comment.