Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Game issues

In my opinion, the last few updates have brought a few good things, like being able to assign equipment sets to boats with a few clicks, fixing a few bugs and allowing a wider range of players to save up for the country manor in the pleasure park event. But there have been a far larger number of issues that have been created, such as an enormous amount of lag when using crew on boats after using a few equipment sets, not being able to use the scroll button to get rid of icons from harvesting, random lag spikes that spontaneously freeze the game for a few seconds, buildings not showing information about the harvest amount and time until harvest when you move your mouse over them, the reduced accessibility of the country manor to players that could previously collect them each time and the introduction of many bugs.

In addition to those issues, I'm hearing strange things like a player's storage being decreased for no reason for a certain amount of time, certain parts of a player's stock being cleared and other things and these are not display issues.

Or even how we appear to be approaching another acrobatic kite issue with the Lester's secret stash and the laboratory. At the moment I'm sure most players have noticed that many good gold purchase offers are being given constantly like 150% and 160% bonus and even 300% or more for some players. Many players are taking advantage of this to purchase gold to get their Lester's secret stash to level 80 and then combine that with the cooperative subscription to get 100% filled in contracts and then use the dollars to get the laboratory to level 100 where they can produce enormous amounts of tokens and gold constantly. I have a feeling that soon something will be changed so these players can no longer get those benefits and their purchases would have been mostly wasted. Then there will most likely be a similar reaction to the removal of the acrobatic kites with reputation point boosters.

It would be great if the priority could be put on getting these issues fixed instead of constantly introducing/changing new content, ruining it for some players and introducing a whole bunch of new bugs and making the lag worse in the game for everyone else. At the moment there are so many issues that have been ignored for ages. One perfect example of this is the removal of the three gold mining licences from the hard work rewards in the cooperative hard worker event which occurred a very long time ago. The hard work rewards have been changed since them but there are still no gold mining licences available from that event as hard work rewards and there appears to be no motivation for any decent gold reward to be re-introduced into that event.

Please just focus on fixing these issues. It will lead to a much more enjoyable and motivating experience while playing the game.

Comments

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I must say that the improvements to loading the boats is amazing.  This is the first update in years that has actually been beneficial for us players and I love it.  I totally agree with ninjahuman that there are so many major issues that are integral to the game that if not fixed will create major problems and the lag is just dismal and everyone is complaining about it.
    I also think the graphic updates are pretty unnecessary, there was no problem with them and as I've said before all those faces on everything just weirds me out.
    Having said all that the continuous roundabout of CCs, HWES and VFs are all just plain boring.  The masters CC competition is a non event, nothing special about it at all - its not like you are playing against players from other servers.  Different prizes but thats if you make it through all the yawning and boredom.
    So simple....sort out the core problems in the game, fix all the annoying bugs and do something about that lag.  Be a bit creative with the events and get rid of those creepy faces off everything.....!!
  • jvgma (US1)jvgma (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    Must say that the lag is so bad, you can hardly play this game now. I have played this game almost since the beginning before that i played the original GoodGame farmer game, which i still miss, especially being able to invite friends over to help harvest crops.  Please find it in your heart to fix the lagging. To be honest the Dream World Farm is so much more rewarding I do prefer it.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    my farm keeps jumping all over the place when using the swift seeder and turbo harvest yet because i'm the only player having this issue it will NEVER get fixed!! i hate being the lone person having an issue because GGS will never fix the issue!! 
  • The lag is horrible when loading boats, harvesting, replanting.  I have to click on the task bar to see what my next tasks are. Simply mousing over them is useless. Also keep getting general error or Invalid ID when sparkling. Very annoying.
  • Lee45 (AU1)Lee45 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    The LAG spikes are when BF pop up their 'Deals' ...Whenever I click something with no response...I count 1,2,3 and there is the pop up.

It is BF background internet activity trying to make sales that slows it down. If there was not so many lag spikes, they may well make more sales.

The Village Fair just causes so much lag for the same reason...all the extra internet network constant checking and pinging activity.

Grrr
  • tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    lag is the worst i've ever seen---cant even play--all these events--gg stop it
  • I rely on this game at the moment,please remove today's additions so I can play it!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Currently unplayable. It just took 14 seconds for the ring menu to expand !!!!!!!!
  • tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    good game  too many events running--put another hamster on the wheel
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    for me, the severe (unplayable) lag only began when the easter event started. I noticed that once I had collected all the hidden eggs on one farm that farm returned to normal speed. Have all eggs & no lag at the moment (not shouting too loudly in case I jinx it though). So issue is that if easter event is the cause that means we still have days of this to go ... 
  • this is so slow it is pathetic. cant play the game please fix problems
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    I think it is also a browser problem. Playing Chrome is a disaster. But on Firefox it is bussiness as usual. Can play there quite normal.
  • for god's sake fix this
  • Playing on Chrome and the game is unplayable.
    I am tired of having to move from browser to browser to sort the problem that GGS is creating.
    Horse farm.. don't even get me started.
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    game became unplayable now, lag is terrible, can't do anything like this, when i use swiftseeder, it always puts side crops on fields, while i did not ask for it, train horse, it keeps sending best horse, no matter wich one i choose to train, glitch, lag, lag, glitch, when repeater is on and it harvests, looks like spiderman being very busy, all stripes, you know, a lot of people have lockdown, playing this game, covid already bad enough, and this is what you serve us in these awfull times, awesome ggs :(((((((((((
  • I'm playing on Chrome and my game seems to be fine. Found all the eggs, explored new horse options, so far so good. However, several members of my co-op (Ripper Street) report issues: eggs they found not registering in their tally, chat indicator not working when they go to Tropical Farm, lag and more lag. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. And I'd like to add my voice to those who ask for just a short break in the constant events. Just a little time to farm in peace. Yes, I understand the need to make money, hence the constant events to entice the big spenders to more spending. Some of us, though, just enjoy the game (and as little people provide the "opposition" those gold buyers can compete and win against), but the constant events are taking away some of the pleasure of peaceful farming and just "relaxing" in our co-ops. I still like the game though.
  • are there any mods left to monitor these discussions?
  • I'm playing on Chrome and my game seems to be fine. Found all the eggs, explored new horse options, so far so good. However, several members of my co-op (Ripper Street) report issues: eggs they found not registering in their tally, chat indicator not working when they go to Tropical Farm, lag and more lag. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. And I'd like to add my voice to those who ask for just a short break in the constant events. Just a little time to farm in peace. Yes, I understand the need to make money, hence the constant events to entice the big spenders to more spending. Some of us, though, just enjoy the game (and as little people provide the "opposition" those gold buyers can compete and win against), but the constant events are taking away some of the pleasure of peaceful farming and just "relaxing" in our co-ops. I still like the game though.

I play on Firefox and hardly ever experience any of the problems others do. Today is one of those days I am having lag, to many events, more new stuff to jam up the game. I have to agree with Bennet, a short break in events would be welcomed, let us farm, replenish stock.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    When I logged on this morning the game was impossible to play 4 minutes to plant 12 fields GRRR, it seems it's to do with the Easter egg hunt, once you've found all the eggs on MF, GF & FF it runs a lot quicker, hopefully they fix, but it's all you can do for now
    Just keep plodding along for now.
    George
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    On edge no problems and all runs well and smoothly. Just need to refresh or reload the game after 1.5 hours of playing
  • Don't know if anyone will see this, but...

Not a fix, but a temporary player solution. When the game lags because of this egg hunt, the problem is the eggs. If there is an egg near by where you are dragging the screen or planting, harvesting, whatever, you will suffer extreme lag. BUT if you can find that offending egg and click on it, that part of the farm will no longer experience the lag. So the solution? From the player end, you have to find the DAMN EGGS to even play this game.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Might be time to make events like easter egg hunts optional. I for one have no interest in it at all because the rewards are not worth it and now its making the game lag for many players. I can't even load it on Firefox since the Horse update, a yellow notification keeps popping up telling me the game is slowing down my browser......might be time to get out the Playstation 4 until GGS sorts out this stupidity. 
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 07.04.2020
    Don't know if anyone will see this, but...

Not a fix, but a temporary player solution. When the game lags because of this egg hunt, the problem is the eggs. If there is an egg near by where you are dragging the screen or planting, harvesting, whatever, you will suffer extreme lag. BUT if you can find that offending egg and click on it, that part of the farm will no longer experience the lag. So the solution? From the player end, you have to find the DAMN EGGS to even play this game.
    Was just about to post the same thing. It's definitely the eggs causing a problem.Could pretty much tell the position of each one just by the amount of lag in the vicinity.
  • Well GGS, I have to say you've topped your last bugs from your "upgrades" - the lag is so bad people can't even enjoy the game now.  I have been playing for about 6 or 7 years now, can only play a few times a day during the week, and now cannot even do that.  Now I am lucky if I can even get to harvesting the fields and have to resort to putting in long productions so I don't have to continue to wade thru this mess.  The horse ranch is a joke, little horses flying across the screen does not do anything for me.  I have a level 100 horse, and did not win any race I played - doesn't make me want to try that again, I can only keep putting my horse in the meadow to upgrade only to hope someday this mess is fixed too.  Maybe with the feedback from others as well, you realize there is a problem here and you have figured out how to fix this, along with compensating players for the issues.  I am losing out on helping my coop with the VF challenge, playing the personal FHWE that seems to always come at the same time now, and can't even think about playing the old fashioned missions.  Maybe instead of focusing on how you can get players to spend more gold to get anywhere in this game nowadays, you should focus on what made the game successful in the first place when the game first started.  Otherwise you might wake up someday and find you have no players left.  There's nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake, and fixing it.  it's just continuing with the same mindset about "upgrade, upgrade, upgrade" whether it is beneficial to the players or not, and not listening to them - that's just stupid
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    i think problem is to easter event need to remove it. 

@WiseWing
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
     GGS Complaints Department

Image result for brick wall

• game ok for a short while,now unplayable.
  • Find all the Easter eggs and then it should be fine.
    Move your farm and when you see that it is slowing down than there is certainly an egg or two there. After you collect them your game will be as usual.

• GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    what a mess trying to play!   this is just ridiculous
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    I am also having terrible lag time. But I don't think it's the egg hunt. I do believe, (now this is just my opinion), could it be, way to much things happening. We asked for less POP UPS- we got more, now sometimes you can only see part of the screen. Less events at the same time, we have more. I like all the events but sometimes just space them out better. Right now I have 6 POP UPs, Egg hunt and Chocolate mystery, Hard Work fishing, Worldwide Championship, Village Fair, Dream World, Horse season which includes, new racing, 9 trees on horse farm,  4 buildings to be built. Now I like them all, but not at the same time. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file