Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Ranch Guide

RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
edited 22.10.2020 in Tutorials and FAQs

Update Mar 31st, 2020 brings the following changes and new features to the Big Farm Horse Ranch:

Existing Horse Values provide new impacts on the tournament challenge

1.   Horse Level

Horse Level determines the time required to reach the first obstacle or track of the challenge. The higher Level leads a quicker start. 

2.  Horse Attribute: Strength

This attribute has an effect on the progression (improvement) for mastering the obstacles “Blue Ox-Fence”, “Sand Heap”, “Flower Bed Volte” in each of three disciplines, respectively.  

3.  Horse Attribute: Endurance

This attribute has an effect on the progression (improvement) for mastering the obstacles “Red Cross Fence”, “Mud Hole”, “Triple Tree Chicane” in each of three disciplines, respectively.

4.  Horse Attribute: Dexterity
This attribute has an effect on the progression (improvement) for mastering the obstacles “Green Double Fence”, “Ground branches”, “Parade March Gate” in each of three disciplines, respectively.

5.  Breeding Effects

a.   Strength

Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Blue Ox-Fence”, “Sand Heap”, “Flower Bed Volte”

b.   Endurance
Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Red Cross Fence”, “Mud Hole”, “Triple Tree Chicane”

c.   Dexterity
Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Green Double Fence”, “Ground branches”, “Parade March Gate” 

d.   Dressage
Increasing the chance of rushing behavior in the Dressage and increasing the change of balking behavior in the other two disciplines. 

e.   Racing
Increasing the chance of rushing behavior in the Racing and increasing the chance of balking behavior in the other two disciplines. 

f.   Jumping
Increasing the chance of rushing behavior in the Jumping and increasing the change of balking behavior in the other two disciplines.

6.  Rarity Level - does not have any particular impact at the moment

7.  Meadow Generation  - does not have any particular impact at the moment

Behaviors 

With the change of the impacts of the horse values, from now on, each horse has three different potential behaviors when it is passing an obstacle in the course of the challenge. 

• Regular     -        The horse passes each obstacle with the regular speed.

• Balking      -        The horse passes each obstacle slower. (Longer time required as usual)

• Rushing     -        The horse passes each obstacle faster. (Shorter time required as usual) 

Hint:  The attributes of the horse will determine exactly how quickly (or slowly) the horse will pass each obstacle or track. Training your horse will increase its performance (speed). 

Horse Training Dialog

You can use each training such as Strength, Endurance and Agility (Dexterity) to improve your horse values like before. The training system hasn’t changed much, but the new dialog provides existing horse values in a different way. Each horse attribute is requested by one obstacle of each discipline. For example, the image below shows how your horse performs on each obstacle (the panel on the left side). You can also see how much time each behaviour of your horse after training gains (the panel on the right side).

Horse Tournament Challenge and Season

You have the choice of three disciplines in which you can compete: Jumping, Racing and Dressage. At every discipline you have the choice of one competitor out of three. Each discipline offers its own slightly different course structure and challenge rewards.

In the Tournament challenge dialog, you can see the course beforehand and its challenges (e.g what kind of obstacles are set up and what attribute each obstacle requires, etc.). So the player can pick up the best horse from their selection strategically for the challenges they are going to face.

Each challenge (course) contains a number of obstacles that can be anticipated in the tournament challenge dialog. There are three different kinds of obstacles that relate to the three attributes of the horse. They are Strength, Endurance and Dexterity. The attributes of the horse influence how the horse can pass each obstacle.

• Discipline 1 - Jumping:

• Blue Ox-Fence

• Red Cross Fence

• Green Double Fence
  • Discipline 2 - Racing

• Mud Hole

• Sand Heap

• Ground branches

• Discipline  3 - Dressage

• Parade March Gate

• Triple Tree Chicane

• Flower Bed Volte

The following information is displayed in the Tournament challenge dialog: 

• Course -    You can see all obstacles on a course by clicking on the green arrow.

• The Horse Panel - provides two different views

Items that your horse is equipped. You can also add items on the panel. 

Attributes and Breeding effects

• The Opponent’s Horse Panel

You can check your opponent’s horse for what kind of horse values (Attributes and 

Breeding effects) it has. 

Items that the opponent horse is equipped with are displayed as question marks.

• The Horse Ability Panel

You can see all information of how your horse would perform in the selected challenge. 

• Energy Cost for a challenge

Once you click on the green “Start” button, the challenge animation will start and then you will get the challenge results instantly.

Horse Equipment

With this update, new items, Horse Equipment, for the horse challenge will be introduced. All items allow you to support your horse by equipping it before the challenge takes place. Each equipment has a unique effect (positive and negative) on the different horse values and others. The equipment can be produced in the new production building, Saddler’s Workshop.

• Saddles

With the saddles you can improve the balking and rushing behaviors of your horse if your horse shows these specific behaviors while passing obstacles or tracks.

• Riding boots

The Boots can increase the chance to get a rushing behavior while the horse passes obstacles or tracks. You can improve only breeding effects that your horse already owns.

• Riding caps

The Riding Caps can improve your challenge reward while the horse passes obstacles or tracks by rushing behavior. You have to win the challenge to get this additional reward.

• Saddleclothes 

The Saddleclothes can add new breeding effects to improve the chance to get a rushing behavior while the horse passes obstacles or tracks. For each new effect the horse has to provide an empty effect slot.

• Leg wraps

The Leg wraps can replace punishing breeding effects. You can replace only breeding effects that your horse already owns.

Note:

• All Horse Equipment are consumable items. 

• Each obstacle may require the use of a piece of equipment. For example, your horse has 30 “Fast racing saddles” in store. If a selected course has 10 Sand heaps (obstacle), 10 of your Fast racing saddles will be used. Some equipment only boosts if your horse passes a specific obstacle with a specific passing behavior, but equipment will be still consumed anyway. Of course, you can finish a course without equipment. 

Horse Equipment Production

New Production Facilities - Trees

There will be seven kinds of Trees that are located on the Horse Ranch and these Trees can produce seven different base ingredients for the Horse equipment. All production is automated and you can harvest a certain amount of base ingredients for every production cycle each tree has.

• Beech trees produce mushrooms

• Cork Oak trees produce corks

• Kapok trees produce Kapok fruits

• Ash trees produce Hops

• Birch trees produce Birch leaves

• Exotic trees produce Blue bugs

• Hibiscus trees produce Hibiscus flowers

Note: You can also grow new Trees on each Tree stump on the Horse Ranch by spending Horse crests. But caution: You cannot see which tree type you will get before a construction is done. Each player will unlock the same numbers of different trees, but in a random order. 

You can sell tree products in the farm management

New Production Buildings

Base ingredients from the trees can be processed in the three new Production Buildings where you can produce refinery items for the Horse equipment. 

• Tannery

• Vegan mushroom leather, Vegan cork leather and Vegan composite leather can be produced with mushrooms and corks.

• Spinning mill

• Kapok fiber, Hop fiber and Composite fiber can be produced with Kapok fruits and Hops. 

• Dyeworks

• Yellow dye, Blue dye and Red dye can be produced with Birch leaves, Blue bugs and Hibiscus flowers.

Note:

• All production processes are automated and items are harvested automatically. 

• But each production building can produce only one refinery item at a time. If you want to produce another refinery item, you have to switch to another recipe. 

• You can skip any production with gold.    

• At the beginning, all of the three new Production Buildings are not available. You have to build each one of them by spending Horse crests.

• All refinery items have a unique storage limit independent of your usual storage limit of your barns.

• You can sell refinery items in the farm management

All refinery items that were produced in the Tannery, Spinning mill and Dyeworks can then be processed in the new Production Building: the Saddler’s Workshop. 

• Saddlers Workshop

• All horse equipment can be crafted and produced.  

• All production processes are instant.

• All horse equipment has a unique storage limit, independent of your usual storage limit of your barns and it is offered at your Horse Equipment Storage dialog.

• Each item type can occupy only one slot.

• Each slot can stack a limited number of items of same type

Horse Equipment for the Counter Challenge

If another player challenges you in a tournament, one of your horses will compete against one of your opponents. In the  Tournament preparation tab, you can select which horse should be used in which discipline. 

Setting up Counter Challenge equipmentAs you already know, the counter challenge takes place in the background. You cannot decline it. Every selected horse for each discipline can have two pieces of the pre-selected horse equipment for the counter challenge. This selected equipment can improve the horse’s value in the challenge and is free of charge.

Update April 22, 20202  introduced the following new features:

New levels for the production buildings and trees

• All trees will receive three new levels to upgrade, so, in total, each tree has four-levels. For each upgrade level, there will be an increase in the number of items that you can produce at a time. All trees can be upgraded with the Horse crests or Gold.
  • All the new production buildings will also receive three new levels to upgrade, so, in total, each building has four levels. For each upgrade level, there will be an increase in the number of items that you can produce at a time. Also, the initial production amount for the nine refinery products increased (e.g the level 1 Tannery will give 27 of the vegan mushroom leather instead of 18). All buildings can be upgraded with the Horse crests or Gold.
  • Upgrading all the production buildings and trees takes place in the normal build-slot.
  • Upgrading trees and production buildings (Tannery, Spinning mill, Dyeworks and Smelter) increases a storage limit for each product. Also, the initial storage limit of these production buildings increased.
    • e.g Upgrading a hibiscus tree increases the storage limit for its own
    • e.g Upgrading the Tannery increases the storage limit for all Tannery products.
  • For trees and buildings, you have to upgrade while they are producing. However, once you start an upgrade, the running production will be stopped and you will be able to receive the number of items depending on the time passed.
  • The initial cost for building a tree decreased. If you had already built trees before this update, the price difference between old and new prices will be paid back (It will most likely happen 2-3h after the update)
  • Each price of selling the nine refinery products is rebalanced and lowered.

New Competitor equipment for the counterchallenge

As you know, if another player challenges you to a tournament, you can assign one of your horses beforehand and it will compete against one of your opponents. In the Tournament preparation tab, you can select which horse should be used in which discipline of your counterchallenge.

Tournament Preparation

This update will bring more exciting features to the Tournament preparation tab. Now, you can equip your horses with the new competitor equipment.

• There will be three fixed item slots per assigned horse.
  • All items of the horse equipment for the counterchallenge are NOT consumable items.
  • Each slot is occupied with a specific category of the horse equipment, like Head protectors, Headstalls and girths. In each category, there will be different kinds of items to select.
  • Each item of the equipment grants you a set of 3 different positive effects on your horse values. You can check the effects of each item in the info panel of the competitor equipment.

The Competitor levels and Competitor experience points

There will be new stats, the Competitor level, for your horses that are assigned to the counterchallenge.

• By being challenged by your opponents, each challenge will grant you Competitor XPs and your horse can reach a higher Competitor level over time.
  • The higher Competitor levels will boost the effects of the Competitor equipment.

The new production building - Smelter

You can now mine new raw materials, Copper and Tin ore, in the Mine on the Horse Ranch. Those ingredients can be processed in a new Production Building, the Smelter, where you can produce refinery items for improving the Horse equipment.

• Mine
    Copper ore and Tin ore can be harvested.
  • Smelter
  • Copper ingot, Tin ingot and Composite ingot can be produced with Copper Ore and Tin ore from the Mine.

Improving the Horse equipment in the Saddler’s workshop

In the Saddler’s workshop, there will be a new tab called Equipment improvements. Under it, you can craft rare Horse equipment by using common Horse equipment with other required ingredients. The premium horse equipment has an improved effect on your horse values. The Equipment improvements tab will be available from level 2 of the Saddler’s workshop.

Loyalty subscription activates more slots for the Horse equipment

As you know, Horse equipment has a unique storage limit, independent of the usual storage limit of your barns. If you want to store a greater variety of Horse equipment, the Loyalty subscription package will activate more slots for you

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    wow, it looks great!
  • micky mouse (INT1)micky mouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 107
    Thank you so much.This helps tremendously.Much easier to understand now. 
  • bp1 (US1)bp1 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    I'm going to enjoy this.  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 03.04.2020
    Uggh. Sounds like a lot to learn. Hopefully all this will make the ranch less lame though.
  • edl6 (US1)edl6 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 23.04.2020
    April Fool? Just asking 'cause of the date on this.
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    To the msg above i have 1 question about nr 6. So it does not involve the rarity of the horse?? Now GGS is gonna tell me that the have let for years without end the players pay GOLD for a rarity horse and that expensive horse is EXACTLY the same as a normal horse???
    Or am i missing something here. 
    When i buy a 5x5 deco with GOLD it has a higher hapiness rather then buying a 5x5 deco for $50.000 farmdollars.

We have a word for that in my country,it is called OPLICHTING. Feel free to find the englisch word in Google translate. Otherwise i may insult somebody or a leader of a company.

• andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117
    Anyone else finding the labels are missing on the new ranch..?

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    To the msg above i have 1 question about nr 6. So it does not involve the rarity of the horse?? Now GGS is gonna tell me that the have let for years without end the players pay GOLD for a rarity horse and that expensive horse is EXACTLY the same as a normal horse???
    When i buy a 5x5 deco with GOLD it has a higher hapiness rather then buying a 5x5 deco for $50.000 farmdollars.

We have a word for that in my country,it is called OPLICHTING. Feel free to find the englisch word in Google translate. Otherwise i may insult somebody or a leader of a company.

Rarity is a measure of Breeding Quality which I have always understood to affect the ease of training on the Ranch. So a horse of BQ 2 will take fewer horseshoes to get to the next level than a similar horse of BQ 1 etc

Rarity is a measure of Breeding Quality which I have always understood to affect the ease of training on the Ranch. So a horse of BQ 2 will take fewer horseshoes to get to the next level than a similar horse of BQ 1 etc
    But now with that new farm that rarity effect does not count. That is what it is written there. On this way they are gooing the same way as with the Kite,s. Many bought them with Gold wich they bought with real money. Then on 1 day a Ilumunated figur said:Gone wqith the fun. We will take your kites away and we give you a few LOUZY deco,s for it. The same you pay for smoked salmon in a restaurant andyou get after a while for that money no more salmon but a handfull of peanuts.

Think they like to have many disapointed and angry players at GGS.
    In what way does the rarity effect not count in any way that it counted before ?
    before it made no difference in the outcome of a race and it still doesn't
    before it helped when training and it still does
    Perhaps I am mistaken in my understanding of BQ
    That was the advantage Uncle John. When they stop using that rarity effect you will have a expensive horse wich will use the same horseshoes as a dancing donkey who you like to make better.

Anyway it is normal at GGS that when you have bought a thing that gives you 1 step ahead,they will take that 1 step ahead away at any given time. That is my problem. They are shortening the horseseasons already,probaly we have to good horses and win easy the GML. C-C runs 4-6 hours shorter. HWE and FHWE are shorter. They do everything to make you back to square 1 again. And when you protest against it,you will get banned when you say the truth. 
    And don,t come up with the story it is all about making the game more EXCITING9a word very much used by GGS)  what is next. For the weekevent we will take away the effect of the books you have for CornWF,Apples or any other product??? 

That is the sam,e as with the horse. No matter how you look to it
    Ah, I understand your thinking but I don't think you need worry. His heading was 

impacts on the tournament challenge

so when he says rarity has no effect I think that only applies to the tournament and not to day to day training

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 06.04.2020
    What do the green numbers mean? and what do the Percentages mean?  Are we trying to get those percentages to 100%? Or do those percentages indicate the probability of winning?

• Where do we find the construction menu and how do we level up to be able to upgrade new buildings please
    On the menu ring. There is only 1 level possible on each building or tree possible now
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 09.04.2020
    Are these mushrooms and things costing me money?
    Because I don't want to spend money on them and apparently I have no choice but to collect them or have the silly things hover over everything. No way to turn them off.
    Edit: I see they don't cost farm dollars.
    Seems to be a nice little farm. Am enjoying it.
    : )
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    When  will proper text be put into the dialog boxes? I have no clue what is going on? This was an issue when on test with the INT Server and promised to be fixed before general release!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Thanks for posting the tutorial but as usual with GG....  WAY too overly complicated.  WAY too under explained IN GAME without the need to hunt down some kind of "tutorial."
    This game should not need a "tutorial." 

I'm still going to try this horse thing, hoping wrinkles (like lack of text still) gets worked out.
    But I have to say this is rapidly earning a place on my ignore it list.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Is there some way to make more storage room.

I have to keep selling things because I have reached the storage limit.

??
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    The barn to store the harvested tree items and items produced in the horse production buildings.  We should be allowed to store more that what we have.
  • Sine this mornings update all my language on the horse ranch is no longer in english  and i am still missing text from the quest boxes
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Finally today, text were available. BUT please GGS, this is way to complicated to get any understanding of the mecanics. Not being a native english speaker, I still have no clue what to do and what to expect. The only thing I have found out so far is that I have to do more clicking than before to get the tournament going. 
    Please make it more simple, and please get back the sound when I win or loose a tournament .
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Really, I do not have a clue what to do here - anyone have a simple guide ??????
  • I used to enjoy the horse ranch but now I'm completely baffled. So for the time being I'm going to ignore it, along with the ship and the guest farms and possibly the coop boat. Big knock on effect! 
    Initially I am going to do this just as before
    There are 3 tabs along the top to choose discipline just like before
    There are 3 opponents to pick from just like before
    It costs 12 fuel just like before

I'm sure I shall work the rest out eventually
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i like the equipment you can make and use. and if you win you get a fuel. have not exactly figured out how rest work yet.
  • Buba (HU1)Buba (HU1) HU1 Posts: 171
    "7.  Meadow Generation  - does not have any particular impact at the moment"

Do the trainings in the Meadow affect the value of the horses during the races?
    Or?
    Were they completely unnecessary?
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    this is so complicated that I fear most will not even bother to fully figure it out.  They couldn't have made it more complicated if they tried!  It's obvious these developers don't play the game.  I'm just doing the same basics I did before until something is made more clear.  What a colossal waste of energy!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I also think it's way too complicated, and that it mucks up one of the few relatively simple areas left in the game.  But what I CANNOT stand is all the clutter.  I had to click everything just to find a few random eggs that were hiding behind the flags.  I wish there was a way to disable the tree stumps from popping up.
  • steve p. (US1)steve p. (US1) US1 Posts: 37
       This is a flipping joke at least I had a chance to win a 'race/challenge' once and awhile and usually won enough to get to the lowest area of the platinum level and get the gold mining licence. But now my level 138 horse keeps loosing constantly to much lower level horses. I can't understand how a level 138 horse keeps loosing to level 98 and lower horses. I haven't even made it out of the Bronze level yet. I keep Flipping loosing. So far I'm not a fan of this new BS. And I worked so hard to upgrade all my courses and my stable to max levels. And I've built all the new production buildings, but I haven't seen any value in that and in all the work I've done on this horse ranch. Oh yeah !  and what's with all the flipping tree stumps ? ? ?  And now one of my production buildings has a ZZ mark over it and it wont respond to anything.  Don't know what to do with the production buildings or their products anyway, so I suppose it doesn't much matter. :(  :(  :(  :(  Much to complicated, a colossal clustedf#*+.  
Sign In to comment.