Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 31st - A Horseshoe for you! - Discussion

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here

Post edited by TiminuTufu (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Horse season is now activated on INT1  - Please let us know how it goes :)
  • Raponsie (INT1)Raponsie (INT1) INT1 Posts: 13
    Missing the text in most pop-ups....It is rather hard to guess what it should mean.

The same goes for the names of the new buildings, the values have not been filled in.

So when deciding to upgrade a building, one does not know what it is you will be upgrading!

While it may appear that I am negative about the new horse farm update, please let is be known that I am not!!  I am very excited about it, and glad that the horse farm and tournament also finally get some improvements.

Yes, there are still things to sort out, but I consider it an improvement :))

Also, the progress through the leagues are much faster than usual - is that intentional? I only started a few minutes ago and already am at Platinum2, the highest I have ever reached.

It will take time to upgrade the new production facilities, and harvest the necessary materials to use them, but once those equipment are available to use, the Horse Season can only be more interesting!

Thank you, GGS
  • @Raponsie (INT1) Those texts should all be there, please try the usual fixes.... Reloading game (CTRL+F5), clearing cache & cookies, trying a different browser - One of those should work for you. :)
  • micky mouse (INT1)micky mouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 107
    How do we collect/find the mushrooms the side task is asking for?
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188

The new horse season will be run for 1 week on INT1 ONLY

from about 8:30am CEST on March 31st 

& then on all servers after that test is complete.

Does INT1 do the test run for a week and then start from the beginning again with the rest of the servers?
    Will our improvements disappear?
    If we spend gold will we lose it?
    Or will our horse season continue as normal when the test run is complete with all the improvements in place?

(Sorry, I don't know how to change the text colour)

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm not on INT1 but the write up looks good. More like a normal farm with production and processing. The only bit that worried me was "Existing horse values like Level, Attributes and Breeding Effects will get new meanings" I've worked hard to tailor my horses to be effective with the current meanings, I shall be well irritated if I have to throw them away and start again. (but hopefully not)
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    I saw this when I was in the deep sea fishing area. There is a green tick besides the icon of deep sea fishing area, but none of the boats were finished fishing and is ready to harvest. The description of most items on the horse ranch are still missing.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    After the update our new place where we can make the charcoal,stones ect does not accept new orders to make and gives the same error msg as above. 
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    Clearing cookies fixed the text problems for me.

DD
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • nola1 (INT1) said:
    Does INT1 do the test run for a week and then start from the beginning again with the rest of the servers?
    Will our improvements disappear?
    If we spend gold will we lose it?
    Or will our horse season continue as normal when the test run is complete with all the improvements in place?
    @nola1 (INT1) The test season has some values that are lower than they would be normally, as it is just a test, so when it ends it will not be recorded anywhere, like on the list of completed seasons for example, but you will get to keep any rewards that you win & any building/upgrading/productions that you do will stay when the season ends.

I'm not on INT1 but the write up looks good. More like a normal farm with production and processing. The only bit that worried me was "Existing horse values like Level, Attributes and Breeding Effects will get new meanings" I've worked hard to tailor my horses to be effective with the current meanings, I shall be well irritated if I have to throw them away and start again. (but hopefully not)
    @Uncle John (GB1) You still need the breeding level & breeding effects that you have built up, they just affect the outcome of a challenge is some new ways now - It will still be an advantage to have a high level horse with lots of effects, plus you will now also be able to add equipment to help you out too.

@everyone - Clearing cache & cookies should fix any missing texts or error pop-ups that you are getting & there has also been a hotfix run to fix some other minor issues that have come up - There was no downtime required, but you will need to refresh your game to get the latest version.
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102

Missing when the offer of the month was a bonus like 10x plus xps for 15 min, fireworks for 15 min ... useful stuff

Decorations again :(

@nola1 (INT1) The test season has some values that are lower than they would be normally, as it is just a test, so when it ends it will not be recorded anywhere, like on the list of completed seasons for example, but you will get to keep any rewards that you win & any building/upgrading/productions that you do will stay when the season ends.
    Thank you! I am glad the upgrades /productions stay :) And thank you, nola1, for asking.

Returned to the game just now, and all the dialogue/text boxes are fine, everything so far works well. Yay for horse farm upgrades!

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    sorry might just be me but that video did me no good at all. first the quality was not very good so had a hard time seeing what i was looking at. seeing how this is bran new never saw it before. second with out someone using actual words how are we supposed to know what they are doing and why. could you please have someone make a new video that actually explains what they are doing and clicking on and why. all of the vidios GGS has done have been very helpful intill now. that was a Hugh waste of my time. all that did was make me not even want to bother with it. a lot of players already complain about how complected new things are and no instructions. this in my opinion was even worse then no video at all.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    sorry might just be me but that video did me no good at all. first the quality was not very good so had a hard time seeing what i was looking at. seeing how this is bran new never saw it before. second with out someone using actual words how are we supposed to know what they are doing and why. could you please have someone make a new video that actually explains what they are doing and clicking on and why. all of the vidios GGS has done have been very helpful intill now. that was a Hugh waste of my time. all that did was make me not even want to bother with it. a lot of players already complain about how complected new things are and no instructions. this in my opinion was even worse then no video at all.
    Wow my words exactly.   That video was beyond useless.  Clickity click move click... NO CLARITY as to what your doing, what it does, how does it help, what should we upgrade first, NOTHING.   First glance this looks like once again GG is overcomplicating something that should be simple.

But... I will click around, still can't actually upgrade ANYTHING.  If I only play once, sometimes twice a day it already looks like this will be a very slow process.   (Since the whole horse thing started, my highest ranked horse is only 80. Took YEARS.)

Still excited to see something new, I'll give it a try.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Amen to that!

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Will the longed for Horse Trainer be part of this scenario, or will he forever be AWOL?
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    If you watch the video in full screen mode you can see there is a dialog running in script at the bottom of the screen.  I found it difficult to read the dialog and watch the action taking place in the video so I watched it with my cursor over the play/pause button and stopped when the dialog changed so I could read it then study the screen.  Its actually pretty informative if you can read the dialog .But it seems very complex as with all new features in this game.  It will take some time to get the hang of it but over all Im very happy they have done something with this area of the game.  It was getting pretty old.
  • TheNuts (INT1)TheNuts (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    I have the same problem. Reported to support with screenshots and no reply/remediation.

Also the farm's status constantly shows that harvest is ready when it isn't
  • I am having the same issue with my boats as JASIST2.  And yes, I have done the refresh/clear cookies, etc
  • UPDATE:  sorry can not figure out how to update my prior post.  can send out all boats but lvl 6 w. ferry
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    I did try to clear cache and cookies but it does not help. I still cannot send out my level 6 Norfolk wherries, which are my main source for DSF. 
    I think what happened is that the boats are supposed to be ready to collect, but for some reason the game showed that the items have been collected and the boat is ready to send out again. However, as the items have not been collected, error pops up. However, no matter how many times I reloaded the game, I cannot collect the fishes.

Also the farm's status constantly shows that harvest is ready when it isn't
    That had me confused for some time too. But, I think I have figured it out: when one production in a horse facility is finished (e.g. mushroom leather), if you have more mushrooms, it will automatically start producing the next batch. So the status shows there was a harvest ready, in case you need to move the production over to a new item (e.g. cork leather), otherwise it will keep going on the same item, use up all your mushrooms and then you need to sell the excess product (which is a waste)
  • The DSF bug has been reported & we are waiting for a fix on that one.

@Raponsie (INT1) You are correct, production is continuous, it will carry on until it runs out of materials or your storage is full.

@TheNuts (INT1) It sounds like you have one of the older bugs with the harvest timer, if it is staying green constantly, as you won't get these new productions until level 60. The timers do have a few glitches that come & go, check to make sure it is not your gold mine or horse training that is causing it.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Seems like a whole level of complexity / decisions been added to the ranch :))

Sounds fun, sounds like multiple horses could be developed :)

Looking into it :D and yes, ranking up is super easy
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Uncle John (GB1)

Do not worry, You do not lose anything :))
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well no clue what I'm suppose to do here.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

:o 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
Sign In to comment.