Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Get rid of the exclamation marks ...

These huge red exclamation marks are really annoying. We are constantly reminded of the offers on hand simply by the icons being present, and the fact that what's on offer also pops up as we log in. 

We don't need it shoved down our throats all the time.

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    These huge red exclamation marks are really annoying. We are constantly reminded of the offers on hand simply by the icons being present, and the fact that what's on offer also pops up as we log in. 

The exclamation marks are the price of not having 50+ popups every 10 minutes. You won this! You won that! Buy this! Buy that! I'll gladly pay that price.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Although very annoying to put it mildly I have to agree it is better than all those stupid popups every few minutes.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    There could be a compromise here, downsizing the exclamationmarks iiiiif removing them completely is not a possibility. hmm and have another color on them. Red is an alert color and seeing them gives a feel of danger. Misusing that color there makes us eventually passified to when a true alert happens.

But tbh why have them? The ikons speak for themselves, are quite visible. We are capable of seeing them and clicking the ones of interest all by our selves. There is no need for exclamation marks. And I truely doubt GGS will return to flashing offers + rewards just because the exclamation marks have been removed. Right? :wink:

My thoughts 

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    What they should do is have a clear all button like on the first one.

Hit the button and the silly exclamation mark goes away and you don't have to read the nonsense.

But of course the stupid thing will come back right away, so you can't win. :#

I'll go now and throw stuff at something, anything!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 06.02.2020
    We didn't need the pop-ups, and we certainly do not need the exclamation points. People who are interested in the various category of offers will click on them.

As for pop ups, when we click on the awards icon, we have to click on the prize to see what it is, which, of course, is a pop-up  So, extra clicks to find out what we won.  And on my screen, if I click on "show all," it shows just one, then disappears.  We asked for something on the side to view these things .... it's now in our faces more than ever.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844

The exclamation marks are the price of not having 50+ popups every 10 minutes. You won this! You won that! Buy this! Buy that! I'll gladly pay that price.
    ....gladly pay that price .... In other words you are happy with the exclamation marks that never disappear, but keep returning when moving between farms, feel we have to pay something in return?

Or would you actually prefer not to have the exclamation marks, but believe the pop-ups will return if the programmers remove them? Why should the pop-ups return? It´s just an added feature on the ikon that should be easy to erase.

Were you a little too quick with your reply, I wonder? :smile:

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

....gladly pay that price .... In other words you are happy with the exclamation marks that never disappear, but keep returning when moving between farms, feel we have to pay something in return?

Or would you actually prefer not to have the exclamation marks, but believe the pop-ups will return if the programmers remove them? Why should the pop-ups return? It´s just an added feature on the ikon that should be easy to erase.

Were you a little too quick with your reply, I wonder? :smile:

You may still be running an old version of the client. The new one doesn't have the marks reappear every time you change farms. They only change when the offer changes.

As for the exclamation marks themselves, I couldn't care less; I'm already to the point where I don't even see them.  What concerns ME more is the sheer NUMBER of them.  One row of them is fine - but when it gets to 2 or 3 rows, that's when I start getting annoyed. :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i for one am loving this change. the red marks dont bother me at all either. and i would rather click on the prizes and get the pop up there when ready. then like it was before when i got the pop up when trying to type or in the middle of seaweeding. most of the time i also dont care what i had won cause i can just go to the event later and check. so i just hit the show all or clear all. also the red marks at the top are no more annoying to me then the stupid green ones above the venders in the parking lot.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    exclamation marks I hardly notice them anymore, but what I do not care for are the Prices of gold they want for the items in those so called special offers, do they really think those items are worth that much gold? I sure do not, If anything I think they are a rip off.
  • jvgma (US1)jvgma (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    edited 21.02.2020
    Ok... so we may be stuck with the icons and huge exclamation points, but, maybe we could ask to have them made a lot smaller so they don't cover up our entire screen please.
    And maybe have a limit on how many rows are allowed?  Mine were three deep again this morning ... covered half my playing area.
  • farmer46 (US1)farmer46 (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    They are somewhat annoying... but just like anything else... if I ignore them long enough, I don't even see them. LOL

sign sign everywhere a sign blockin out the scenery, breakin my mind...
    They are somewhat annoying... but just like anything else... if I ignore them long enough, I don't even see them. LOL

sign sign everywhere a sign blockin out the scenery, breakin my mind...
    do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?   B)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I think the exclamation marks in the parking lot over each of the event tents bobbing up and down are also very annoying.  I really dont need my attention to be drawn to the parking lot every minute.  They send a log in notification when an event is starting, why do I need anything more than that?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I would really be happy if they got rid of the parking lot exclamation marks!!!! or give us the option to turn them off LOL
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    JVD (US1) said:
    I would really be happy if they got rid of the parking lot exclamation marks!!!! or give us the option to turn them off LOL
    Totally agree
    - it's still bad when one first logs in
    - the pop ups still pop up
     then you have to open the icon with the exclamation mark on it to finally make the exclamation mark go away. Allowing one to see more of their farm & most time you have to repeat this on each farm of yours you visit. :(
Sign In to comment.