Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Like most events they/GGS has nerfed this event as well. :(
     So now most folks will have to get their GML's through the mystery boxes/chest. And heck it only takes about 100 to 110 of them to find 1 GML 
    It depends which type of mystery box you are talking about. If it is the regular one it gives one about 1% of the time and 300 gold 4% of the time. For the others the chance of collecting a GML is around 10%.
    Yes the regular mystery boxes/chest.
     As for the other's I have had no luck finding a GML, gold flower seeds & or gold in any, other than the special gold ones, which don't come around very often, and have opened thousands of the others.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    As I understand it from previous threads, the reset happens when a player or co-op score something this time. So, as Fawners suggests, if 3rd place have scored nothing as yet, their old score will still be showing.
    (but why they don't get cleared properly before the event starts is beyond me)
    So the 3rd place team can come in 3rd without even playing???  Meanwhile our co op came in 2nd in silver last village fair and never got our friendship meadow.   What a crock.GGS should spend more time fixing extreme flaws like this instead of worrying about new graphics for fields and food contracts.
    I truly could not agree more. As an ex programmer etc I find their ineptitude positively mind boggling
    I went to school for programming and i agree with you, completely.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    We still cannot see all leagues in the VF !
  • PCA (GB1) said:
    @WascallyWabbit

For the village fair that started today lots of pages with challenges are missing

We can only see Diamond, Silver and Bronze pages. Platinum and gold pages are blank 

Please fix this, I understand other servers dont have the same problem

@PCA (GB1) You are correct, this does only appear to be happening on EN1 :/ - It has been reported, but if it helps in the meantime, I did some testing & if you open one of the blank pages & then close & reopen the event window, that does appear to populate the page, it even continues to work (sometimes) when I select the next page, then eventually they start going blank again, but I was able to open all of the pages, except for Gold 15, as that is the 1st one on the affected part of the list & I couldn`t get it to appear in the bar. 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 12.12.2019
    @WascallyWabbit this problem has always been the case on AU server, I for 1 just though all servers were like this.  Sometimes with a bit of clicking back and forth you can get the pages to populate.  ATM I can't get page 8 silver if I click it takes me to page 11
  • @WascallyWabbit this problem has always been the case on AU server, I for 1 just though all servers were like this.  Sometimes with a bit of clicking back and forth you can get the pages to populate.  ATM I can't get page 8 silver if I click it takes me to page 11
    @Byron Longford (AU1) Thanks for the report, it was strange for it to only be happening on 1 server, we checked several & couldn`t find it anywhere else, so now we have 2, .... Any more?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    SKN1 ! It jumps there. From page 8 to 12 it jumps one. I.e. clicking page 8 I get page 9.

Also from gold (page 8 to page 11) the pages are blank/empty when I click on the list. 

• Once again our co-op started in 2nd place and finished in 4th place and no one played? Why can't they fix this bug?
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    I remember in the last village fair event, the hard work reward starts at 300 points and goes up by 300 points for each reward, eventually spacing out and reach 6/7 digit number. However, when I saw the hard work rewards today, the first reward requires 23,600 points to reach. There seems to be no point playing this anymore... 

I am in a small coop so 23k points is very hard to reach. When CC and HWE have achievable starting rewards, this VF have rewards that are hardly achievable. On average, each 30-minute challenge earns around 300 points.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    On the NL server the game is hardly playable when the VF runs. Harvesting is near impossible; sowing also. And when we start one, we cannot see what is needed.
    Everytime the VF runs this happens. Worthless.

• Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    What a mess, every time the village fair is starting, you can´t log ind, you can´t harvest or seed, you can´t write messages, It´s a petty, ´cause I like the event, but hate the problems every time. And yes, I have cleared browser, etc.
    edited 09.01.2020
    Yes, it is a headache. As Kimmiecat (NL1) shows the Dropsmarkt comes up blanc. And as Kris847n (SKN1) says pages lock so we can´t plant, harvest aso aso. Refreshing / restarting over and over again ruins the wish to participate. While it also is highly annoying not being able to.

Please, correct this not just asap, but immediately.

Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
    edited 10.01.2020
    No complaints from me anymore :smile:

I mailed Support yesterday and today I received their answer.

Gifting cow/ducksheds inside community buildings will be implemented eventually! We are to keep our eyes on the following updates, I am told.

So hang in there :smile:

Cheers

editing in : ops posted this in the wrong thread, sorry!
    edited 12.01.2020
    After the hard work rewards have been bumped up on difficulty, the requirements for challenge support also bumped up. For achieving 2300 challenge points on a challenge yesterday, I remembered getting 60 rewards, but when I tried another challenge today, I found that I only get 30 rewards. 
    I hope I get my lost rewards as well as the lost hard work rewards due to the changes made. 

PS: I notice that my speed fertilizers increased from 2500 to 2610 while I stay at challenge support reward 30 so it might be a visual bug. 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    After the hard work rewards have been bumped up on difficulty, the requirements for challenge support also bumped up. For achieving 2300 challenge points on a challenge yesterday, I remembered getting 60 rewards, but when I tried another challenge today, I found that I only get 30 rewards

Did both challenges have the same number of stars?  That would make a difference, too.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    like every event you clowns come up with.you want to much and the prizes stink to the high heavens
    edited 12.01.2020
    After the hard work rewards have been bumped up on difficulty, the requirements for challenge support also bumped up. For achieving 2300 challenge points on a challenge yesterday, I remembered getting 60 rewards, but when I tried another challenge today, I found that I only get 30 rewards

Did both challenges have the same number of stars?  That would make a difference, too.
    The only possible valid reason I could think of is the challenge being started on different league. 
    Edit: nope, I started a challenge in silver league and diamond league, and the requirements raised to 60 for the first reward. 

• The number of challenge rewards received are based on the length of the challenge.  A 30-minute challenge will only produce the first 2 rewards, whereas it take a 10+ hour challenge to win all (100) challenge support rewards for that challenge.,
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    FuzzyBear said:
    The number of challenge rewards received are based on the length of the challenge.  A 30-minute challenge will only produce the first 2 rewards, whereas it take a 10+ hour challenge to win all (100) challenge support rewards for that challenge.,
    If I understand the discussion correctly, I think they are talking about that different amounts of points are required to collect the challenge support rewards depending on which league the cooperative is in.
  • After the hard work rewards have been bumped up on difficulty, the requirements for challenge support also bumped up. For achieving 2300 challenge points on a challenge yesterday, I remembered getting 60 rewards, but when I tried another challenge today, I found that I only get 30 rewards. 
    I hope I get my lost rewards as well as the lost hard work rewards due to the changes made. 

PS: I notice that my speed fertilizers increased from 2500 to 2610 while I stay at challenge support reward 30 so it might be a visual bug. 

@Jasist2 (INT1) On your screenshot you have 30/100 rewards, do you recall if there were also 100 available  when you got 60?
    After the hard work rewards have been bumped up on difficulty, the requirements for challenge support also bumped up. For achieving 2300 challenge points on a challenge yesterday, I remembered getting 60 rewards, but when I tried another challenge today, I found that I only get 30 rewards. 

@Jasist2 (INT1) On your screenshot you have 30/100 rewards, do you recall if there were also 100 available  when you got 60?
    Yes. In both cases I started a challenge with all 100 rewards available. 
    Although I was level 39 earlier and level 40 on the latter challenge. 
  • When did the last Village Fair start, my notes show over 1month ago.  But I may have written date down incorrectly.  Please advise if you have it.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 19.02.2020
    I am hoping that the missing VF is due to they are changing rewards back to personal based and get rid of the co op based rewards and making it possible to get decent rewards, maybe diamond,,,hint hint
  • When did the last Village Fair start, my notes show over 1month ago.  But I may have written date down incorrectly.  Please advise if you have it.
    My notes show the last Village Fair was Jan. 9th
  • @Farmer Deb (US1) yeah that is what I had, normally comes on or close to the 9th, but 19th now hmmm maybe it got lost.
  • Let's just hope that when it returns all the hard work rewards haven't been replaced with new Village Fair coins. That seems to be a trend.
  • I would say that is exactly what is happening.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Let's just hope that when it returns all the hard work rewards haven't been replaced with new Village Fair coins. That seems to be a trend.
    and perhaps we will be able to get at ALL the challenges instead of having whole bands of them inaccessible !
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I wouldn't mind the hard work rewards being replaced with coins IF and only IF there were some very good rewards we could buy with the currency from trader. This is one of the few events left where strategy is king and winners are not decided by wheel spins and concentration games, it should appear more often.
Sign In to comment.