Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - January Magic! (In February) - Discussion

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I am REALLY tired of the non stop glitches!!!!  This game is more about figuring out walk arounds for a broken game then actually playing a game.

LOOK.   TWO reloads so far and still...
    WHERE ARE MY BUILDINGS???? T&T, the bank and the Textiles building.... MISSING.
    And every time I reload means the same pop up DEALS have to be turned off AGAIN.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Glad to see a thread started on this new barn gig. I've tried to work with it, but it's a real PIA. The tabs were far more efficient. Now if they want to combine the two, so that the inventory is broken out into it's categories, that would be great. But to have all of it in one jumbled lump is irritating and frustrating. 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 09.02.2020
    Well

Personally i dont like the same thing over and over , so i really enjoy the novelty , trying out the gourmet farm products :))

Btw producing Fruitcakes seems to be profitable
    edited 09.02.2020
    @Artmaker (GB1)

You really seem to have pc problems or i dont know

Is your PC pretty old?

I know everything runs fine here

Lots of people have PC who are out-used by long-term processes , your pc running many useless things and it eats a lot of the ressources for your pc ( and it can drastically slow/cause problems of all kinds )

When you do Ctrl + Alt + Delete, how many things are running?
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    yes jumbled is the right word.  The important stuff is all over the place and the useless stuff is in the way.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    The new barn layout is as confused as a chameleon on a Smarties box!

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I am REALLY tired of the non stop glitches!!!!  This game is more about figuring out walk arounds for a broken game then actually playing a game.

LOOK.   TWO reloads so far and still...
    WHERE ARE MY BUILDINGS???? T&T, the bank and the Textiles building.... MISSING.
    And every time I reload means the same pop up DEALS have to be turned off AGAIN.

@Artmaker (GB1)
    I guess a bankrobber decided to take the whole bank......then he/she has all the time of the world to crack the safe
  • @Artmaker (GB1)

Is your PC pretty old?

Lots of people have PC who are out-used by long-term processes , your pc running many useless things and it eats a lot of the ressources for your pc ( and it can drastically slow/cause problems of all kinds )

It might be Artmaker's pc or internet, i know my pc is pretty old but it runs bigfarm fine as long as it is connected to half-good internet, then again, i'm using a very fast and light-weight operating system :) But, as you say, it might be just too many things running at the same time, at least that's a pretty easy fix :)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Extremely labor intensive.  The ever-changing team of newbies have no concept of what is important to players, or how the game really is played.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Personally I like the new barn format, much easier for me to find everything quicker... instead of clicking pages, all I have to do is use scroll wheel :)
    I also like the new barn visual ( i actually already forgot how it was before? )

@Artmaker (GB1)

Is your PC pretty old?

It might be Artmaker's pc or internet, i know my pc is pretty old but it runs bigfarm fine as long as it is connected to half-good internet, then again, i'm using a very fast and light-weight operating system :) But, as you say, it might be just too many things running at the same time, at least that's a pretty easy fix :)

It's an imac.  PLENTY POWERFUL enough to run this game.  In fact I can run photoshop, along with several other applications AND play my internet music at the same time without issues.  I can play other internet games without issue.
    If it's the internet or my connection having issues, it would effect every site at the same time.
    When only one web based site has issues and no others do, it's the site not my end.
  • Does anyone know a way to scroll down in the new barn on a tablet/laptop? The scroll bar does not work for me.
  • mine will scroll with pointer on the side bar and the right button clicked
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Ohliviuh (US1)Ohliviuh (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    One of the possible bugs I've found since the latest update: when I opt to ship a harvest to the bakery instead of selling it, I click the 'ship' tab, confirm that and the window closes, then I have to click on the stable/field/orchard AGAIN to complete the action. Before the update just confirming to ship instead of sell was enough, and the harvest would automatically complete when the window closed. Anyone else having this problem? Just an extra click but it is frustrating. 
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    yes, I have the same problem... quite inconvenient!
  • yomismo1 (ES1)yomismo1 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 2,291
    Yes, I also have the same problem.

It is very uncomfortable
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    One of the possible bugs I've found since the latest update: when I opt to ship a harvest to the bakery instead of selling it, I click the 'ship' tab, confirm that and the window closes, then I have to click on the stable/field/orchard AGAIN to complete the action. Before the update just confirming to ship instead of sell was enough, and the harvest would automatically complete when the window closed. Anyone else having this problem? Just an extra click but it is frustrating. 
    Same here. Very frustrating. Every extra click means extra time. It adds up.
  • mine will scroll with pointer on the side bar and the right button clicked
    Doesn't work on my laptop but thanks anyway. Can't access anything past the first  nine items. I like the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' maxim, sigh.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Artmaker (GB1)

Did you upgrade your browser ?  I recall you had an outdated version some time back that were giving you issues. 
    Added to which, the game is unfortunately not optimized for Safari (which is why the recommended browsers are Firefox and Chrome). 
    This may also add to your difficulties :(
    All updated here and still a problem w/ those in my coop too... this happened once before w/ an upgrade... used old code or something and it had to be fixed.
  • FuzzyBear said:
    Does this mean only 100 rewards can be collected maximum ...
    If we go offline for a month and win more than 100 rewards from co-op events, what happens to the ones after 100 ?

Also ...
    Instead of exclamation mark, grey/color can be used. The greyed out and colored icons on top catch the eye more easily.

The ones on the left are just notifications; You still receive the items themselves at the time you win them.  So if you "win" a WoF Token in the Hard Work Reward for instance, you receive the WoF Token immediately, and the notification goes into the window for you to review later.  It works almost exactly like the WWC rewards do in that instance.  If you don't open them, they'll just slide off.

The ones on the RIGHT are the ones that give you a choice of which item(s) you want; I've already confirmed that the rewards with the Construction Coins appear here, and you can let those stack up and open them as needed to get the coins out of them.  If THEY reach 100 though, the game will start auto-choosing the reward of the oldest reward as new ones come in.  So try to keep up with those. :)
    I don't like the notifications. When I finished a task I liked when the prize appeared. It was fun. Now I have to look for my prize. Not as much fun.
    RowdyRac said:
    @Artmaker (GB1)

Did you upgrade your browser ?  I recall you had an outdated version some time back that were giving you issues. 
    Added to which, the game is unfortunately not optimized for Safari (which is why the recommended browsers are Firefox and Chrome). 
    This may also add to your difficulties :(
    Oh I stopped using safari after I finally had to do the OS.   Safari slowed to a dead crawl. 
    Been using firefox 64.    I know there is an upgrade for it BUT....  That one will auto upgrade on it's own, no option to wait or say no.   So NO!  Bad enough my version asks me every time I launch, then a few times later.  But at least I can click "not now." 

I will not touch chrome.  Google owned.  I know things about how they work and no thanks.  Google can keep their data mining claws OUT of my computer.
  • john207 (US1)john207 (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    watch for your rewards in the goldfish event , so far i hav'ent received any yet , but it says i've received three .
  • BTBB (US1)BTBB (US1) US1 Posts: 34
    Thought pop ups were going to be fewer STILL have all the BUY GOLD  POP UPS WHY if the POP UPs were not going to be there are the BUY GOLD STILL MAKING MY PLAY SLOWER
    When I plant edge plants lately, they aren't showing up around the field, but if I hover over, it is printed as being planted... another glitch!... JUST a display error... but ERROR is the key word here!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    With the community buildings and the smaller stables, I am really at a breaking point on feed.  We two things badly......another level on Windmills and the ability to use the repeat button on the Lab.   The repeat button would be ideal.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The game is just way too slow at the moment. More attention needs to be paid on making the game run fast and smooth like it used to before the switchover to HTML. No point giving us new stuff when we have to click it 2-3 times to make it work.
Sign In to comment.