Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Candy Farm Decoration Question

I was just wondering why the fortune teller's happiness per square is lower than the cotton candy machine, considering that the fortune teller can only be won from the sweet wheel of fortune?

In a 4x20 space, you can fit four fortune tellers that give 40 happiness each to produce a combined total of 160 happiness. In the same space, you can fit five cotton candy machines that give 33 happiness each to produce a combined total of 165 happiness. So the fortune teller decoration is not really that useful unless you have some unusual space like a 5x5 space.

Comments

• one thing in this game i have learned is you have to use alot of common sense as well as a calculator you can easily get screwed by yourself as well as the game
  • this has been brought up before on previous candy farms, but just ignored by GGS.  Fortune teller is a non prize. A punishment for doing WoF
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    We got kind of an answer to that. The happiness efficiency is not the only component they were thinking of, but the look of the deco as well. It seams that they think that the fortune teller is more beautiful.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    this has been brought up before on previous candy farms, but just ignored by GGS.  Fortune teller is a non prize. A punishment for doing WoF
    I guess we can demolish the decoration for vouchers in the worst case scenario. In some situations they are useful though.

WiseWing said:
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    We got kind of an answer to that. The happiness efficiency is not the only component they were thinking of, but the look of the deco as well. It seams that they think that the fortune teller is more beautiful.
    Ok thanks for the information. Usually I prefer to use the decoration that will maximise the happiness but I guess some players like the appearance of it as well.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.01.2020
    @WiseWing hmm maybe I am missing something.  I thought the whole idea of deco, was to make workers happy by being pretty.  Therefore if deco is prettier it should make the workers happier (more hp then), so even on their argument that it is better appearance it should then have higher HP
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Why am I not getting the side tasks of building? I get the daily tasks, but not the side tasks. Others in my coop have the same issue.

Why am I not getting the side tasks of building? I get the daily tasks, but not the side tasks. Others in my coop have the same issue.

I don't know sorry. There aren't many and they don't really give much so you are not missing out on much, but if you would like to resolve it you can try contacting support about it.
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99

At a certain point of chapter 6 (somewhere in the middle) you will again receive the side tasks of buildings.
    Just a little word of advice after you receive these side tasks again,  it is lucrative to no longer deliver candy to the candy palace. (unless you want to receive the decorations)
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400

Why am I not getting the side tasks of building? I get the daily tasks, but not the side tasks. Others in my coop have the same issue.

I just finished the first chapter (7 000) of the Candy Decor and the side tasks started again. @tatatatatatata (NL1) Thanks for the tip.

• At a certain point of chapter 6 (somewhere in the middle) you will again receive the side tasks of buildings.
    Thanks, but I'm on chapter 10 and haven't received them so far.

At a certain point of chapter 6 (somewhere in the middle) you will again receive the side tasks of buildings.
    Thanks, but I'm on chapter 10 and haven't received them so far.

The side tasks only go up to level 2 of the structure of the buildings. (in some cases such as the alpaca meadow 2 meadows of level 2  are requested) After you accomplished these tasks no more side tasks will be added 
  • Dddbluk (CZ1)Dddbluk (CZ1) CZ1 Posts: 44
    Just a little word of advice after you receive these side tasks again,  it is lucrative to no longer deliver candy to the candy palace. (unless you want to receive the decorations)
    Why shouldnt I deliver candy to the candy palace?
  • unless you want the deco, you get more for just selling
    And remember well .... sell your candy before the candy island ends - otherwise the system will add the remainder of the candy to the candy palace!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    This is a bit off topic but I wanted to make my request without making a new thread.

Please do another revamp on the Candy farm.

I have only done a bare-bones candy farm because I was told it was so expensive. Well it is more tan just expensive, it's outrageous!

I wanted a Candy cottage, so cute btw, so I went all out this time. OMG! the cost to make candy in the factory makes me sick to my stomach so I will not be going after another cottage.

If you cannot read the small print, it says 1,646,592 for a batch of gingerbread harts, please lower this!

edited 01.02.2020
    This is a bit off topic but I wanted to make my request without making a new thread.

I have only done a bare-bones candy farm because I was told it was so expensive. Well it is more tan just expensive, it's outrageous!

I wanted a Candy cottage, so cute btw, so I went all out this time. OMG! the cost to make candy in the factory makes me sick to my stomach so I will not be going after another cottage.

If you cannot read the small print, it says 1,646,592 for a batch of gingerbread harts, please lower this!

I agree, it is very, very expensive. And especially not advisable to participate as a starting farmer.
    Unfortunately the candy farm has higher production costs than the other temporary farms. Having production costs of -80% or lower is a very good idea to reduce the costs. But it's still more expensive than the other temporary farms.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 02.02.2020

Here's a tip - just focus on cocoa, sugar, syrup and cream, and just make Sugar Ornaments. They have the highest Voucher/Hour rate. :)  Here's my cheat sheet:

I don't even bother with almonds or cherries anymore, except to complete the 10 tasks (You get back more Vouchers from the tasks than the 10% you "lose" in donating to complete the tasks.. but after the tasks are done, it's not worth it, I think at best you'd probably break even in the number of vouchers lost (10%) and the vouchers you RECEIVE from the tasks.. 40,000 vouchers here, 50,000 vouchers there, they do add up..) :)

The hard part is keeping up with Cocoa production; I'm STILL building Cocoa Orchards. :)

(Note: Having a Level 2 or 3 Sugar Ornaments Library Book helps a lot too, puts the Vouchers/Hour at just over 200,000/hour). :)

Thank you @Southern (US1) I will keep that in mind if I ever bother on the candy farm again. I think it's a waste of money now that I have the candy cottage that I wanted.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Here's a tip - just focus on cocoa, sugar, syrup and cream, and just make Sugar Ornaments. They have the highest Voucher/Hour rate. :)  Here's my cheat sheet:

I don't even bother with almonds or cherries anymore, except to complete the 10 tasks (You get back more Vouchers from the tasks than the 10% you "lose" in donating to complete the tasks.. but after the tasks are done, it's not worth it, I think at best you'd probably break even in the number of vouchers lost (10%) and the vouchers you RECEIVE from the tasks.. 40,000 vouchers here, 50,000 vouchers there, they do add up..) :)

The hard part is keeping up with Cocoa production; I'm STILL building Cocoa Orchards. :)

(Note: Having a Level 2 or 3 Sugar Ornaments Library Book helps a lot too, puts the Vouchers/Hour at just over 200,000/hour). :)

I just did some quick "back of the napkin" calculations.

If you donate nothing but Sugar Ornaments to the Candy Castle, you can complete all levels (550,000 points) with 275,000 Sugar Ornaments.

275,000 Sugar Ornaments are worth 21,450,000 Vouchers if you sell them straight (and don't donate them).

But if you do donate them, you'll still get 19,305,000 Vouchers.   That's a "Loss/Cost" of 2,145,000 Vouchers to complete the castle, and you pick up all the rewards along the way.  We need to add those back in:

Voucher Value of all Rewards: 462,406 Vouchers (See attachment for how I arrived at this value)

That means completing the castle "cost" you 1,682,594 Vouchers.

But there's also other rewards that don't have a direct value, like:

150 Gold
    1,859,900 Sugar Dollars
    2 Gumball Machine Decos & a Cotton Candy Cart Deco
    Various Ship Seeds
    Various Event Seaweed (Humus, Feed & Fertilizer)
    The 3 Snowglobe Decorations, of course.
    (See attachment for a list of all rewards)

This should finally put an end to the "Is it worth completing the castle?" question.  Are those rewards "worth" 1,682,594 Vouchers to you? Only you can answer that question for yourself. :)

• Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    I hear and accept all the arguments/debates/logic but at the end of the day it remains a boring event.

Usually I like to produce a lot of sugar ornaments as well. Unfortunately it requires a lot of time with the crushing mill and it uses up a lot of ingredients from the sugar mill so usually replacing a bit with chocolate and fruit pudding reduces this burden a bit while still giving a large profit.
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    How do you sell something on candy farm for a side task?
  • PranavPK (IN1)PranavPK (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1
    where is the candy farm farm management bar in the new update where the barn doesn't include it?
  • KMW (GB1)KMW (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    Unable to build anything in Candy Farm as it is impossible to move new item around the farm.  Same problem with existing fields etc - they cannot be moved, only upgraded !  Yet another bug following the supposed improvements!

I couldn't tell ya @RookieLana8 (US1), it seems they forgot to add the candy farm to the Barn!! This is bad :(
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    Thank you all.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Stay tuned for an update 
    The update is currently scheduled to begin at 11:00 CET.

Expected downtime is around 30 minutes.

Happy farming!

Your Big Farm team

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file