Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - January Magic! (In February) - Discussion

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• So now I'm going to have to click on the barn and it's little archway in order to deal with selling or buying crops and checking inventory levels?

Dislike
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ~~Mona~~ (INT1)~~Mona~~ (INT1) INT1 Posts: 994
    I don't like the signs.
    I have a lot of fields and so many signs will introduce chaos. :| 
    I think they are unnecessary.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    So now I'm going to have to click on the barn and it's little archway in order to deal with selling or buying crops and checking inventory levels?

Dislike
    That's not how I read it William.
    "Farm Management dialogue is replaced with the new Barn dialogue"
    So the Farm Management button will still be there but the dialogue will be different
    So if I click the Farm Management button, it will be as if I had clicked on the Barn and its little archway

Which, if I'm right, sounds quite good. The new dialogue is better than the old one (more flexible, more comprehensive) but my Barns are tucked out of the way so I've never used it; now I shall be able to.  :¬)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    " The progress bar when harvesting is removed "
    This is good ... I hope it is also true for when we charm other players cows and fields ... it will help charm them faster.

" The Farm Management dialogue is replaced with the new Barn dialogue "
    The barn management window feels too overwhelming ... i prefer using the Farm management to sell crops and other things.

Bee City : Excellent  ... its needed on Flower farm.
    Rewards and Gifts Window - This is nice ...

Tutorial for new Farmers - Anything which helps new players is certainly needed. So this is going to be good.

" Swift seeder - Gourmet Farm - Special Seeds cost 0 Gold " - awww ... this bug is fixed ? hehe ... it had a good run .....

edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I prefer hovering over the fields to show what is planted, like it is now.  The type of humus could just be added to that, couldn't it? The flags just add more clutter (which we really don't need) ... I agree with Mona, so not necessary.  
  • Mandariini (SKN1)Mandariini (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    I would like to see that GGS keeps their promise about to spark the items in the community buildings. I didn't see any mention on latest update...

• Where is the big update on the fishing region that GGSpromised in the second half of 2019 ?
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    January Magic haha its a great trick it's disappeared :D 

Might as well call it Feb magic as there is only one more day of Jan left ;)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 30.01.2020
    Don't think the signs indicating what kind of humus has been added is really necessary, is it?  They'll likely be obscured from view by the edgeplants anyway.  ;)
  • Where is the big update on the fishing region that GGSpromised in the second half of 2019 ?
    I think they may have forgotten about it or decided to do it later/never.

In any case, maybe it's good tfarmerjohn 22 (US1) said:
    Don't think the signs indicating what kind of humus has been added is really necessary, is it?  They'll likely be obscured from view by the edgeplants anyway.  ;)

True, and it's easy to find out which humus (if any) has been planted by hovering over the repeat button...

edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • "Fields, Gardens and Meadows will have signs that show which Humus is used for each running production" - - I see this as something to get in the way of selecting fields to harvest, which sometimes is difficult already. Also, I don't understand why they would be needed. If I want to remember what I put, I only need to hover over the field. During CC, it lets competitors see what opponents have, it sort of takes the fun mystery out of that.

"When starting a new construction there will be a new animation (smoke)" - - when this smoke was added to harvests, it was not well received, there were a lot of complaints. I am still hopeful someday there will be the option to turn that 'smoke' off, perhaps in the same area we turn off fishing reports? Ever since it was added, my game runs super slow after just a few minutes of play, it's quite frustrating for me. IMHO, it doesn't really add aesthetic to game play, and I am surprised after such negative discourse on this before, that it's being added in more places.

New looks for the crops of the Gourmet & Flower Farms? If it's anything like the cartoonish faces that are now all over, and the cartoonish look of the main farm crops, I have a feeling I will not be a fan of these. I liked it much better when everything looked more real, more life-like.

"The Farm Management dialogue is replaced with the new Barn dialogue" - - If this only means that the farm management tab will stay where it's at and upon opening it the view will be like it is when we click on the barn now, then this will be nice! I find it much easier to view an find things, and appreciate the option for condensed or expanded view.

Pop ups can be frustrating during game play, but I tried not to complain about them too much. I am sure many players are looking forward to the dialogue box, but I am fearful of what might be missed because it doesn't show up right away. It'll be easy to get wrapped up in playing & not think to look at it.

I hope those tutorials will help new players, they've been needed for a long time. I also hope this will extend to any new events or features in the game?

• ~~Mona~~ (INT1)~~Mona~~ (INT1) INT1 Posts: 994

(...)

New looks for the crops of the Gourmet & Flower Farms? If it's anything like the cartoonish faces that are now all over, and the cartoonish look of the main farm crops, I have a feeling I will not be a fan of these. I liked it much better when everything looked more real, more life-like.

(...)

I agree with you.
    Once the graphics in the fields were more natural, now they look artificial. Everything is unnaturally huge and simply ugly. Maybe if the size was half the size it would look a little better. 

Where is the big update on the fishing region that GGSpromised in the second half of 2019 ?

Let them not move because there will be no dollars from fishing.  ;) 

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Another underwhelming update. The Bee Hive is a great idea, a reduction in popups is always welcome BUT what need do we have for signs on our fields??? I don't need a sign to tell me what i've planted since I was the one that planted it in the first place. Even if by some miracle I suffered a bout of severe memory loss all I need to do is hover cursor over field and it will tell me what i've sown.

The game continues to be bug riddled and many aspects of it still broken (players getting 5 million point starts on temporary farms) and after listening to GGS bleat on and on about fairness in the game a bug like this continues to be completely ignored.The game is also running at snail place and I fear this graphics change will make it even worse. How about focusing on what really matters and improving game speed/performance rather than wasting time on graphics......maybe if I wrote that on a sign GGS might notice???
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    In the system there are still available old style fields crops graphics so i would suggest if any kind of humus is used then instead of signs at the field end make different crops look like in example below. Top line old style crops which would represent crops without any kind of humus, and lower line fileds, on which any kind of humus was already used.

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I have no need for signs or different graphics to indicate what I have planted or used what type of humus on it... and I certainly would not want a visitor to be able to tell if I have used humus or not!!!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    JVD (US1) said:
    I have no need for signs or different graphics to indicate what I have planted or used what type of humus on it... and I certainly would not want a visitor to be able to tell if I have used humus or not!!!
    Right with you there @JVD (US1)
  • visboer (NL1)visboer (NL1) NL1 Posts: 39
    Dreamworld

you may pay to make a coop but after that you can not control anything, please make options reject farmers possible.

• matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Have to smile and definitely no criticism of our great Wascally Wabbit. This update was titled  Update Jan 30 - January Magic. Well it's now February - no update so I guess January wasn't magical at all. But hang on - we did have an Oktoberfest a few years ago that wasn't in October (remember we had 2 in the one year?)  So I guess its all right to have January Magic in February after all.  Perhaps GGS could update the Gregorian Calendar and get rid if February altogether and call it January Mark11.

BTW has anyone else noticed the FL still has 1 day to run but the new CC starts in around 12 hours?
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig it still remains a pig. Fix the critical and long-oustanding bugs first before reaching for the makeup!

• edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    I would rather be able to tell whether my coop mates are using regular seeds or specials than knowing what humus I have used on my own fields, which I know already anyway.
  • edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    I hope that with this new rewards and gifts dialogue box it allows us to take the rewards when we want them, rather than being bombarded about construction tokens and having to lose some because you can't use them quickly enough.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The Exclamation marks on the icons at the top reappear when we switch farms !!!
    Good, but no cigar   :¬D
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 03.02.2020
    The Exclamation marks on the icons at the top reappear when we switch farms !!!
    Good, but no cigar   :¬D

I was already annoyed to see they appear on every farm,hoping that I would only have to open them once.
    But no....lets annoy our players some more. After switching farms they come back again. So no use in opening them. 
    This way I will be missing out some "goodies" because I have no intention of opening them time after time. Not thought through very well GGS.
  • Where's the button to sell something on the Candy Farm? This is from the Candy Farm.
  • Marty63 (AU1)Marty63 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    why more and more graphic "upgrades", they just slow the game down even further, we don't need unnecessary signs or graphics, most of the players are adults not little kids
  • Poosmate (GB1)Poosmate (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    Where's the button to sell something on the Candy Farm? This is from the Candy Farm.
    Yep! I have the same as do my Co-Op colleagues.  There should be an event farm tab or they should be included in the Barn.  I reckon, as there are Oktoberfest beets, they've added the wrong farm (event) produce.  Needs to be corrected quickly!
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    Where's the button to sell something on the Candy Farm? This is from the Candy Farm.

Good question. I am missing it too. So are members of my cooperative. It makes it impossible to complete the daily tasks.
Sign In to comment.