Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Something fishy with the WWC fishing tasks.

Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
Is there something fishy with the WWC fishing tasks? As one can see from the picture below the very first option is Catch Fish (Red arrow). If one clicks on the green "show me" button it goes to Oleg. I tried to manually catch fish at all three fishing locations and earned not one fishing point towards the WWC. What is the purpose of the Catch Fish option if you are not winning any points? All the other sections (Farm, Event etc) work from their respective first option so why not the Fishing?

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Looks like you have answered your own question.
     "Catch Fish" = send Oleg out in the rentals and use the deep sea ships to catch your fish for the WWC points
    It does not say to go fishing your self ;)
    This may help explain it better for you ;)

https://crazybigfarm.net/events/wwc/WWC_activity_rewards.htm
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 19.01.2020
    @Data King (US1) Thanks for the link and yes, I agree with your response 100%. My point is that each of the other "events" have points allocated from 1/? options whereas Fishing does not. It is misleading and should rather read 1/7 instead of 1/8 and the Catch Fish should be removed from the option list. Pedantic maybe or it is a bug and one should be able to manually fish for WWC points but it's not working. Hence my question.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    @Data King (US1) Thanks for the link and yes, I agree with your response 100%. My point is that each of the other "events" have points allocated from 1/? options whereas Fishing does not. It is misleading and should rather read 1/7 instead of 1/8 and the Catch Fish should be removed from the option list. Pedantic maybe or it is a bug and one should be able to manually fish for WWC points but it's not working. Hence my question.

unless it broke you did get like 1 WWC point for every 10 fish cought or something stupid like that. if i was you i would check your fish WWC points then go and add a whole bunch of fish to a pond and fish the 15min or what ever it is you are allowed now then go and look. you should see that it raised it by just a couple. so it is not misleading it does gives them they are just very stingy in giving them. it has been like that sence it first came out. i would be willing to do more manule fishing if they were given at a better rate. wich i dont understand why we dont get 1 for each fish cought. even if they had to make it cost more points overall i would be for it. it should in the end if you are able to fish be able to maybe finish it. it is way to hard when i have all but the fish and coop completed and the coop is at 98 and the fish is only at 56. i have oleg fishing all the time and i make the 30min dishes all day and my boats are always coming and going and i speed them up a lot. so something really does need to be done about this.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

Like Ijrosh said, you get points for catching fish manually but you don't get points every single time you catch one. Like it gives one point after catching a few of them. I tried it before and in my opinion it's not worth it with the amount of time it takes up. Also I don't know if other players have the problem, but the fishing mini-game lags badly for me after the HTML introduction and now I can't catch as many fish as before.
    @ijrosh (US1) & @ninjahuman (AU1) Thank you! This makes a lot more sense to me now. I gave up after checking for points after each fish I caught and getting none. I don't have a large trawler fleet yet so it will be a long while before I finish the Fishing portion of the WWC it seems.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ijrosh (US1) & @ninjahuman (AU1) Thank you! This makes a lot more sense to me now. I gave up after checking for points after each fish I caught and getting none. I don't have a large trawler fleet yet so it will be a long while before I finish the Fishing portion of the WWC it seems.
    You're welcome. It's usually unrealistic to complete that section due to the difficulty to collect points. I have 14 level 6 trawlers and I have never completed that section.
  • MEGS17 (GB1)MEGS17 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    I have been given the task of fishing with bass bait, but there are only four slots one for the reel, one for the pole, one for the float and one for the line but not one for the bait, what do I do to be able to continue?
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    All other categories are doable but fishing one is really very tough. Even if we send our boats whole month continuously, we can't cross reward 65. I am a bit lazy in playing or else I would have reached 100 in horse and cooperative too. But I will reach GMB reward in both of them soon.  :)

@MEGS17 (GB1) You need to go to the "Fishing Supplies" (look at the Oleg options) and purchase a bigger tackle box.

Thank you , I've got a bigger tackle box and I've been fishing with the bass bait but it's not registering I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
    @MEGS17 (GB1) I know this might sound silly but are you sure you are actually catching bass? 

Make sure you add bass bait to your tackle box

A = Select bait type
    B = Click to add bait to pool
    C = Catch these

For more info: https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm

OK, now i have been fishing for Bass on the main farm and have caught them but it is still not registering. I am getting close to throwing in the towel. :'(:'(
    @MEGS17 (GB1) Message me the task number and I will try and help you in private. Something is very odd here.
    I've lost your link to Olegs tasks list, but it's the one where you buy bass bait and go fishing with bass bait all of which I've done on the flower farm (but there's only bonito there) on the main farm where I've caught bass but nothing happens, I cannot get past this stage.Please could you send me the link to Olegs task list again, 
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 24.01.2020
    maybe you need to send oleg to catch  them not yourself 
    or you not using bait and catching them to use bait you need 5 slot  toolkit and most add bait to extra slot and release them in river and catch thos
    for bait you can do it in any fishing spot even fishing by self on boat  works too but never ever go fishing by self on boat always  send oleg he catch alot more fish  than self fishing
    @MEGS17 (GB1) Here is the link as requested.
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 24.01.2020

I've lost your link to Olegs tasks list, but it's the one where you buy bass bait and go fishing with bass bait all of which I've done on the flower farm (but there's only bonito there) on the main farm where I've caught bass but nothing happens, I cannot get past this stage.Please could you send me the link to Olegs task list again, 

you have to buy the cheapest bass bait from the menu, then you have to use the bait you bought,as in put it into the pool.not just catch the bass that are already in the pool. as shown by Fallen in the last picture.Have you done that.
    @MEGS17 (GB1) I know this might sound silly but are you sure you are actually catching bass? 

Make sure you add bass bait to your tackle box

A = Select bait type
    B = Click to add bait to pool
    C = Catch these

For more info: https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm

Thank you Letty :)
    Thank you Fallen for all your help :)
  • How do you get the extra slots in your tackle box. There isn't room for the bait in mine.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    How do you get the extra slots in your tackle box. There isn't room for the bait in mine.
    Scroll up a bit to Fallen's post on 20.01.2020. He explains it with pictures.  (better than I could do)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file