Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tasks for Oleg's Fishing Quest

Comments

• Hi. 
    I have been looking for the boats for a week or so. Didn't get any of Oleg's Quests and have a quest asking for carps. Dockyard seems closed , only info shows. No sign of dingy. Please help. thank you

You have to reach Fishing Level 10 in order to start renting boats.  You can do this by training your fishing using the Ring Menu:

Once you have clicked on "Send Oleg Fishing", you click on the "Training" Tab and pick the amount of time you want him to train:

Once you train him up to Level 10, the boat should appear next to the dock and you should be able to rent it.

This has nothing to do with the 26 tasks Oleg needs you to do in order to open the dockyard - that's number 5 on the list of 26 tasks.
  • susanac (US1)susanac (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    Thank you so much  :)
  • jaeladi (US1)jaeladi (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I just started playing. I appreciate this list! I am lvl 29 but still have not unlocked the dock.

I am on no. 4 of Oleg's tasks. How c[do you obtain carp to donate in the first place? Right now I can only send Oleg fishing for bass and bonito. Is something wrong with my game?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 10.10.2019
    I just started playing. I appreciate this list! I am lvl 29 but still have not unlocked the dock.

I am on no. 4 of Oleg's tasks. How c[do you obtain carp to donate in the first place? Right now I can only send Oleg fishing for bass and bonito. Is something wrong with my game?
    No you just haven't got high enough fishing xp to open the Oleg Rental boats. Send Oleg out to do your FXP over night - https://www.crazybigfarm.net/farm/oleg/oleg_fishing.htm

site link update
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • DzintraL (US1)DzintraL (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 17.01.2020
    Esmu "iestrēgusi" uzdevumā kur jānopērk viens bass ēsma un jālieto 1 bass ēsma. Nejauši nopirkuši 3 basu skaņas signālus (programmas saprata, ka ir nopirkuši arī 1 ēsmu, bet izmantojiet tos visos gadījumos, kad esat lietojis programmu, nevis lietojat 3, bet arī trīs reizes vēlāk ...

I am "stuck" in the task of buying one bass bait and using 1 bass bait. Accidentally bought 3 bass tones (the programs realized that they also bought 1 bait, but use them every time you use the program instead of using 3 but three times later ...

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    Sveika :)

This is english forum, so ask a question in english and answer for you will be much faster.
    Try to buy new simple bass bait 1x for dollars, not for gold and use it.
    There is full Olegs tasks list:

I can't complete Oleg's tasks I'm stuck in a task where I have to buy one bass bait and use 1 bass bait. Accidentally bought 3 bass tones (the programs realized that they also bought 1 bait, but use them every time you use the program instead of using 3 but three times later ...
  • Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    When you open Olegs tools box drag and drop simple bass bait from the left side to the right side (equipment side). Also to the right side add some hooks. Make sure you dont have any more red exclamation marks and go fishing.
    When in the fishing area use "+" sign to use your simple bass bait.

Thank you!
  • How do you reel the fish in after catching it?
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 18.01.2020
    Country Girl 72 (AU1) You use your left mouse button to reel in, the longer you hold it in the more it reels in BUT watch the line meter on the top or your line will snap. It's like real fishing, reel in a bit and then stop, reel in again then stop. Once the fish is tired it will come closer to the surface then you can haul it out. Takes a lot of practice.

• Country Girl 72 (AU1) You use your left mouse button to reel in, the longer you hold it in the more it reels in BUT watch the line meter on the top or your line will snap. It's like real fishing, reel in a bit and then stop, reel in again then stop. Once the fish is tired it will come closer to the surface then you can haul it out. Takes a lot of practice.
    Thank you

• @Country Girl 72 (AU1) When you first start you only have access to the basic line, which looks more like string, it is very tricky to land your fish without snapping the line, but don't give up, as you progress you get access to better lines and equipment & it gets a LOT easier to catch the fish. :)
  • Diza (GB1)Diza (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    I am fishing level 17 and the last of the tasks, but the large minnow hook and use it. I have bought it but can´t use it, any ideas please? It shows in the bar on the left but I can´t click on it to use it like I did with the  sturgeon task.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.02.2020
    I am fishing level 17 and the last of the tasks, but the large minnow hook and use it. I have bought it but can´t use it, any ideas please? It shows in the bar on the left but I can´t click on it to use it like I did with the  sturgeon task.
    @Diza (GB1)  Are you sure you're doing it correctly? After you buy the Large mInnow hook and go fishing, you have to click on tab and the proper icon to deploy it.  :smile:

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
    Thanks for your reply. I open the tab and click on the hook but nothing happens. I am putting the hook into the fishing box before I click to go fishing. It shows as per the photo and then nothing. I have refreshed the page but still nothing. Do I need to be a higher level???
    @Diza (GB1) I found that for these tasks only have the equipment in your tackle box that you require for the specific task. It eases any confusion. So for the large minnow hook task; only have a rod, line, reel and the minnow hook in your tackle box.
    That´s what I have, it´s so frustrating!!! lol
    I still can´t do the last task! I am getting extremely annoyed!!! I have the equipment as show in the photo above, the large tackle box, do I also need the largest bucket?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I still can´t do the last task! I am getting extremely annoyed!!! I have the equipment as show in the photo above, the large tackle box, do I also need the largest bucket?
    @Diza (GB1)  No, you don't need the largest bucket. The larger buckets just allow you to increase the number of fish.  Have you tried what Fallen described? Adding only what is needed, rod, line, reel, and large minnow hook? When you go fishing it would look like this.....

P.S. I know it's frustrating for you, but hang in there. The Deep-Sea fishing is a real moneymaker.  :)
    Sorted it thank you

• I have completed all of Oleg's tasks and the ones that appear in the dockyard, and have been deep sea fishing for awhile now. I can't find anywhere about how to unlock the fishing market. Does it unlock automatically at a certain level? Right now, it's just some floorboards and some crates, but it is not clickable. Thanks
    @39cluelover (US1) Go to your fishing region and then select your dockyard and then "manage boats". You will then be able to buy/demolish/upgrade your fleet from here. Don't forget to check your inventory while in the fishing region as any boats you have won will show up there.

I have completed all of Oleg's tasks and the ones that appear in the dockyard, and have been deep sea fishing for awhile now. I can't find anywhere about how to unlock the fishing market. Does it unlock automatically at a certain level? Right now, it's just some floorboards and some crates, but it is not clickable. Thanks
    There are 2 set's of tasks/quest that need to be done in order to fully open the Deep Sea Fishing area

Have a read through this - https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/oleg/oleg.htm
  • @Fallen (INT1)Data King (US1), thank you both so very much for your responses! I have completed all tasks in both sets. I have thoroughly read everything about both Oleg and Deep Sea Fishing at crazybigfarm. I have upgraded my dockyard and my boats (and am still working on that). I even do fairly well and the fishing HWE. What I don't have access to is the fishing market that should have contracts for selling fish. I can not access that market, and can't find anything about what has to be accomplished in order for me to start getting contracts to sell fish.
    @39cluelover (US1)  That's a bit odd but what I do know is that until you reach a certain level you cannot access the fishing contracts from anywhere but the fishing region, maybe you level is a bit low but is does not sound correct. Stay hooked!

• Where do you find these tasks? There is nothing on my fishing region except the 'invite a friend' thing that appears on all of them.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Where do you find these tasks? There is nothing on my fishing region except the 'invite a friend' thing that appears on all of them.
    Have you looked up https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/oleg/oleg.htm that @Dataking mentions in his earlier post ?
    Once the DSF is unlocked and you can buy boats you have the potential to eventually earn tens of millions of dollars per day   :¬)
  • ogmios (INT1)ogmios (INT1) INT1 Posts: 4
    I have a very basic question. I am on level 8 of fishing using a small minnow hook and a simple line. Each time I catch a fish I loose the small minnow hook and have to buy a new one. Is this because I am holding on into the red or is it part of the game? 
    @Fallen (INT1)Data King (US1), thank you both so very much for your responses! I have completed all tasks in both sets. I have thoroughly read everything about both Oleg and Deep Sea Fishing at crazybigfarm. I have upgraded my dockyard and my boats (and am still working on that). I even do fairly well and the fishing HWE. What I don't have access to is the fishing market that should have contracts for selling fish. I can not access that market, and can't find anything about what has to be accomplished in order for me to start getting contracts to sell fish.
    To the right of ur farms u see the market building - that is where u will find your Organic & Fish contracts
    You can also sell your fish through ur barn/farm management :)
Sign In to comment.