Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dockyard Pool Creation?! :)

Kinda wondering if there's a better technique in what pools to empty first , if it affects odds or improve chance to get Clam or Swordfish pools!

Did anyone ever thoroughly looked into that?

Comments

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 11.01.2020

Pool Number 7,8,9,12,13  - Swordfish, Salmon and cods .... These appear only in these pools.

For a level 6 Trawler,
    B = Bridgette, R = Roys, F = Large Freezer

Pool number 1,4 -  4B, 7R, 1F - will clear out 211 fishes. Wont clear pool if fishes more than 211.
    Pool number 2,3 -  3B, 3R       - will clear out that pool

Pool number 5,6 -  Trawler 1 - 5B, 6R
                                  Trawler 2 - 5B, 4R    -  Pool will be cleared.

Pool number 10,11 - Useless pools - will contain mostly Lobs or Tuna/Herrings. 0 % chance of Swordfish.
                                     Try avoiding

Pool number 14 - Always Tuna/Herrings .... Takes lot of time and needs 4 level 6 Trawlers with Large Freezers.

-------------------------------------------------

Dont forget to ask for Ghost Rods on all your boats ....
    Ghost Rods are for Fishing region as Water Tower is for Farms ... priceless
    Post edited by TMKC (IN1) on
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    When i got the pools i always look or i can devide the pools in 2,3 or 4.. For the amounts of boats i need. .
    Lets say for a pool with 700 fish in it i use 4 level6 trawlers with 5 Roy and 7 Bridgets on it. 5 roy will take 175 each and the bridgets are cheap but the extra bridget will let the boat return faster.
    With some calculations you can send them faster out AND let them return faster. 
    Sometimes you can empty a pool of shellfish extra a day.

When i go just over 700 lets say 710 i still use 4 level 6 trawlers but swap 1 bridget for 1 of the free crewmembers from the skipjack,norfol;k or small motorboat. No costs and you safe the expensive freezers
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    ty @TMKC (IN1)  I hadn't realized that Swordfish were limited to those 5 pools.
    I have always cleared the inshore pools first and fast to get a better chance of more shellfish. I shall now put those 5 as second priority.  :¬)

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I always do close first... because they bring in more pools quicker.  The more pools you see, the more fish you can get.  I make sure to make loading a priority first thing in the morning.  I empty a LOT of pools in a day.  I will put off lobster if I have to make a choice w/ available boats.
    Start with all Swordfish pools ... then down to closer pools with tuna ... then to closest pools which will have SOC. Then to pool number 14.

After the Update of contracts , when the Faces of people was showing ... a few changes have been put in fish contracts. One ... huge contracts which asked for 16k Salmons or 13k Swords ... they dont come now.

Another, very interesting thing is this ... a few players are getting single fish contracts which is asking for Lobs.
    This is very very rare ... but these players are getting them almost daily.
    Im still not able to figure out why some are getting them and why others arent.
    If lobs single contracts appear ... then the pool priority changes completely.

Lobs are the most available fish , getting them sold through single fish contracts means HUGE dollars.

Most players i have talked to skip the Pool number 1,2,3,4 with gold ... as these pools ask for very less gold to be skipped.
    skipping them opens up another pool instantly ... which could well be a Swordfish pool.

Another advantage of skipping these pools is that it always increases the SOC fishes in inventory, as we know SOC are always less with us ... so it somewhat helps in filling contracts.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113

Another, very interesting thing is this ... a few players are getting single fish contracts which is asking for Lobs.
    This is very very rare ... but these players are getting them almost daily.
    Im still not able to figure out why some are getting them and why others arent.
    If lobs single contracts appear ... then the pool priority changes completely.

Lobs are the most available fish , getting them sold through single fish contracts means HUGE dollars.

Yes. From last few weeks, I am getting lobs contracts almost 1/day. Most of them asks 1.9k lobs approx.. 
    One of my friend gets lobs contract 1/week. But many of them asks 150-200 lobs only. This is a weird amount. 

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Pool number 5,6 -  Trawler 1 - 5B, 6R
                                  Trawler 2 - 5B, 4R    -  Pool will be cleared.

In regards to these 2 pools, you're only saving 3 minutes with 5 Brigettes as opposed to 4. I'll take the extra 3 minutes to save the $1,625 a Brigette costs.

Other than that, pretty spot on. :)
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    I just like that Bridget is cheap !! :D:D:D:D 
  • grezsy (INT1)grezsy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    Hi, I want to ask
    I have confussion about the bonus after fishing in pool.
    There is a bonus looked like a cod fish, but it is not.
    What is that ? How do I use it ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hi, I want to ask
    I have confussion about the bonus after fishing in pool.
    There is a bonus looked like a cod fish, but it is not.
    What is that ? How do I use it ?
    Those fish are just to count toward the World Wide Championship (WWC)

https://crazybigfarm.net/events/wwc/worldwide_championship.htm

So there is no holding them, selling them or using them.
    There really need to change the color of those fish so folks won't get confused about what they are for.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file