Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair - Scores will exceed 2,147,483,647, is it going to break like the CC did?

We were told that scores in excess of the 32-bit integer, 2,147,483,647, caused the Cooperative Championship to 'break'.

Well there are teams closing in on that score now in the Village Fair.

Are there any plans in place for GGS to upgrade to 64-bit integer so this will stop being an issue?

Comments

• marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    GGS has known about this problem for a while now and chooses not to do something about it.

They spend their time thinking about how they can bring in more cash to GGS not fixing the game.

• The limit is a programming thing, not just for BF, so if the scores hit that in VF, I assume they will stop there, like the CC, though it does continue to count. I don't know if changing to 64-bit is as easy it sounds, as we have had issues with this for the last few years in different places, such as donations of cash to coops, buying max boosters in CC, even XP scores - How many coops are close to it? If it is only one then it isn`t going to affect the outcome of the event.
  • Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)Sheila NOLA Gal (US1) US1 Posts: 138
    edited 12.01.2020
    The limit is a programming thing, not just for BF, so if the scores hit that in VF, I assume they will stop there, like the CC, though it does continue to count. I don't know if changing to 64-bit is as easy it sounds, as we have had issues with this for the last few years in different places, such as donations of cash to coops, buying max boosters in CC, even XP scores - How many coops are close to it? If it is only one then it isn`t going to affect the outcome of the event.
    I agree it may not be 'easy' to change to 64-bit, but YouTube had the same problem with view counts, so they switched to 64-bit. If YouTube could do it, I have faith GGS can too :) 

Out of respect for the competitors, I decline to put here how many coops will reach that number.
    With an entire day, plus 8 hours to go in the event, it's possible for there to be more.

P.S. - If it's been a problem for years, and in various places, doesn't it seem time to do something about it?
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Time to find a new game to break  :D
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 13.01.2020
    since there is a team that has exceeded the 2.14 billion number in VF currently, something does not ring true to the 32-bit integer issue or is it that GGS has VF programming set differently than the ML??? just like allowing any tom, dick or harry to start challenges?

another diamond league 

odds are that at least 4 coops, possibly, will hit the 2.14 number  with the time left and/or exceed it.

so if the counters can work for VF, why not the other events????

edit to add: the counters are still counting, no freezing up as yet.
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • 2,147,483,647 does appear in the game, in lots of places, without causing an issue, because it is anticipated & dealt with before it breaks something. The scores in the VF were expected & that is why it did not break, whereas the 2 coops breaking the limit on the CC was a surprise & that is also being fixed, but the fix is not in yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file