Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Contest - Xmas #2 - Character Name Word Search!

FuzzyBear (FormerMod)FuzzyBear (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 131
edited 22.12.2019 in Contests & Awards

How many Big Farm characters can you find in the word search below?
Click image to enlarge or right-click & "open in a new tab"

Instructions: Your entry must include a list of the character names you found in the word search, along with the starting and ending coordinates of the letters in the name.  For example, if you found the name "XXXXXX" on a diagonal line from H11 to M16, you would list your entry like:

H11 - M16: XXXXXX

You can submit your entry by sending a PM to me. Please do not post your entries to the thread.

There will be 25K gold to split amoungst the top Name Finders. :)

The contest will close at 12:00PM CET on Thursday Jan 2nd 2020
& for everyone that enters, this year's Holiday forum badge!

Have fun & good luck! :)

Post edited by FuzzyBear (FormerMod) on

Comments

• The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 22.12.2019
    what do you mean by "bigfarm characters" do you mean name? species? words that they say?

also what's the prize?
  • what do you mean by "bigfarm characters" do you mean name? species? words that they say?

also what's the prize?

Character names that you can find throughout Big Farm, like Lester, Monty, etc. (hint: some animals also have names) If you find a name, list it - the worst that can happen is that it won't count. :)

Prizes will include gold for the top name-finders. :)
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Can you please give name of all characters?
  • Can you please give name of all characters?
    I thought about that when I was creating the puzzle, but that would make it too easy. :)
  • FuzzyBear said:
    what do you mean by "bigfarm characters" do you mean name? species? words that they say?

also what's the prize?

Character names that you can find throughout Big Farm, like Lester, Monty, etc. (hint: some animals also have names) If you find a name, list it - the worst that can happen is that it won't count. :)

Prizes will include gold for the top name-finders. :)
    oki, thanks for your help  o:)
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    @FuzzyBear Do the words only run from left to right or top to bottom or diagonally too and are some of the words desrever?
  • @FuzzyBear Do the words only run from left to right or top to bottom or diagonally too and are some of the words desrever?

Any direction - up, down, right, left, diagonally.. Just your standard Word Search. :)
    FuzzyBear said:
    Can you please give name of all characters?
    I thought about that when I was creating the puzzle, but that would make it too easy. :)
    Then at least tell us how many names are hidden in this puzzle ;)
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    OMG are you kidding me?  Maybe Fuzzy should post the starting points of all the answers too. /sarcasm
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 24.12.2019
    I finished mine, thank you  this was fun, :)
    Update> I sent in My answers Yesterday but did not get a message back saying they were received, and now I do not see them , I sent a message again asking if they were, I am not sure how long I am to wait in the conversation Section cause I waited  like 10 to 15 minutes before I logged out yesterday with no response back.
    P.S. I just found My answers again but still no word as to if they were received yet, again not sure how long I am to stay in the conversation section though.
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • I finished mine, thank you  this was fun, :)
    Update> I sent in My answers Yesterday but did not get a message back saying they were received, and now I do not see them , I sent a message again asking if they were, I am not sure how long I am to wait in the conversation Section cause I waited  like 10 to 15 minutes before I logged out yesterday with no response back.
    P.S. I just found My answers again but still no word as to if they were received yet, again not sure how long I am to stay in the conversation section though.

Don't worry, your entries won't get lost. I'm visiting family for the holidays and will catch up on all the PMs and contest entries as time permits. :)
    edited 25.12.2019
    Enjoy your break @FuzzyBear :)
    FuzzyBear said:
    I finished mine, thank you  this was fun, :)

Don't worry, your entries won't get lost. I'm visiting family for the holidays and will catch up on all the PMs and contest entries as time permits. :)
    Okay thank you for letting Me know, and not sure why someone did the (LOL) on My last  post , as I don't recall saying  anything that was funny in My opinion, but to each their own I guess. Enjoy your holiday . :) 
  • Entry submitted. It was a hard one for old eyes... lol.
  • Thank everyone for their entries!

I'm compiling the results now and should have a list of winners shortly.  In the meantime, here is the completed puzzle. :)

Word List: (20)

N24-G17 - Barnacle (diagonal)
    R10-N10 - Benny
    O13-T18 - Bessie (diagonal)
    A25-F25 - Daniel
    I17-K19 - Eva (diagonal)
    L28-O28 - Jack
    M2-M4   - Jim
    S23-S18 - Johnny
    J12-J9 - Lana
    M12-I12 - Lilly
    T13-T24 - Miss Tentacle
    O12-O7  - Monica
    O20-L20 - Nils
    M25-J25 - Oleg
    I22-L19 - Omar (diagonal)
    S12-S15 - Rita
    O21-R18 - Rose (diagonal)
    E19-I15 - Steve (diagonal)
    L9-L3 - Piggles
    N17-N13 - Vicky
    @FuzzyBear , where is the list with the name of winners? :)
  • FuzzyBear (FormerMod)FuzzyBear (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 131
    edited 03.01.2020
    And here are the winners! :)

In first place, finding all 20 names and winning 2,000 Gold each, are:

@LeMoi (US1), @andromeda_m31 (INT1), @mia111 (GB1), @Bennet Drake (US1), @Lisa Oliver (US1), @jwllmsjnb (US1), and @Maggielin2085Ma (US1)

In second place, finding 19 of the names and winning 1,000 Gold each, are:

@kikki (SKN1), @Letty.liongamez (GB1), @Tinie Sudjana (INT1), @Dulcie1956 (INT1), @kris61 (US1) and @Heather Norsk (US1)

And in third place, finding 18 of the 20 names and winning 500 Gold each, are:

@BigSparty (US1), @rsny (us1), @lambcake (US1), @jitu7 (IN1), @Tes (BG1), @preslav94 (BG1), @durbar (IN1), @Farmer Deb (US1), and @monks (US1)

And everyone that entered gets this years Holiday Badge:

Thanks for playing! I hope everyone had a great New Years and continues to have a great 2020!

(Badges & Prizes will be awarded sometime next week when GGS returns to the office) :)
    Congrat's to the winner's. 
  • Thank you, FuzzyBear.
    One of the best contest <3
    Thanks for the gold and congratulations to all the winners  :)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thank you FuzzyBear!
    Congratulations to all the winners!
  • kikki (SKN1)kikki (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 4,074
    Thank you :) Congrats to all the winners :)
  • Congratulations to all the winners!  B)
  • Thanks very much @FuzzyBear, and congrats for all the winners  ;)

*) Sorry Steve.. I do't see you  :(
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Congrats to the winners :))
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Congrats & well done by the winner's this round.
     A few more of these contests would be a nice welcome to the forum.
     Maybe monthly? Hint hint :)
  •  A few more of these contests would be a nice welcome to the forum.
    @Data King (US1) We would love to do more contests involving word puzzles, but you need to remember that the names of the BF Characters are the only words that are the same on all servers, the buildings, products, decos etc all have different names in all the different languages & we have to take that into consideration, to keep the contests fair for everyone.

We love getting contest ideas from you all & there is a thread where you can post them:

Contest Suggestions

Make sure that you read the Guidelines in the 1st post, on page 1 & that your suggestion fits in with them. :)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
     A few more of these contests would be a nice welcome to the forum.
    @Data King (US1) We would love to do more contests involving word puzzles, but you need to remember that the names of the BF Characters are the only words that are the same on all servers, the buildings, products, decos etc all have different names in all the different languages & we have to take that into consideration, to keep the contests fair for everyone.

We love getting contest ideas from you all & there is a thread where you can post them:

Contest Suggestions

Make sure that you read the Guidelines in the 1st post, on page 1 & that your suggestion fits in with them. :)
    all most all word searches actually give you the words you are looking for. that way you can search for the given word.when you go to the store and buy a word search book every word search has the words you are supposed to be looking for. that is why it is called a word search not word puzzle.so whether  the names mean the same in other langues or not would not matter. i for one did not do this simply because i did not know what words to look for. so you could give a list of the words we are supposed to be searching for. the point of a word search is to find that given word, not to have to figure out what word you are looking for to begin with. this was a word puzzle and search. if it was a normal word search it would have given the words to search. 
  • @ijrosh (US1) I agree, but there is a difference between a puzzle book & a contest, the contest is to see who can find the most, just like when we do spot-the-difference, we often do not say how many differences there are, because if it is too easy, everyone wins & we end up having to have a draw for the prizes, which is not the ideal way to decide the winners.
  • kris61 (US1)kris61 (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    Thank you FuzzyBear ! I really liked this game.
This discussion has been closed.