Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Northern Lights Farm - Discussion

Comments

• Sadly no ducks in the rune store :((
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 17.12.2019
    @BigSparty (US1) You are correct that we did not ask for the Viking Trader to come back, but that is because the NL Trader is almost identical, they both have the Ducks & Donkeys, which are only slightly different visually:

There was also the issue with the Runestones given as ranking rewards for the Viking farm, being credited to the rankings of the NL farm - So things were a bit messy last month & we did not see the usual requests to call back that trader. If you did ask for him & we missed it, I apologise, what was it you wanted from him?
    @WascallyWabbit

Incorrect trader!!!  We do not have the Northern Lights trader with the Festive Farm. Festive temp farm trader does NOT bring ANY duck. We have the low value Christmas tree deco, the gift box deco, and the snowman deco, along with the normal items the trader has and the Festive Peach and Festive Almond orchard. 

This temp farm does not have a duck of any sort, not even a rubber duck to trade your vouchers for.

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I'm guessing if they are going to run the game this way, they better start pre-paying the runestones so people can use the trader before he is taken away!!!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    For the players that would like to purchase the themed duck coops, you can just play the temporary farm without spending the runestones and purchase them next time the trader comes along. It means that you may have to wait until after a few temporary farms have passed but it's definitely another option. I will be replacing all of my gourmet farm orchards with festive ones and save the rest of the runestones for themed duck coops.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i for one am very happy the festive almond and peaches cost more then the viking/northern lights duck and donkey in WWC coins. and i need about 4 festive peaches and about 5 festive almonds. so i for one and happy about this. i was hoping they would offer the peach and almond instead of the duck and donkey.  
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    For the players that would like to purchase the themed duck coops, you can just play the temporary farm without spending the runestones and purchase them next time the trader comes along. It means that you may have to wait until after a few temporary farms have passed but it's definitely another option. I will be replacing all of my gourmet farm orchards with festive ones and save the rest of the runestones for themed duck coops.
    Right but i've had to wait a month already, looking at another, then there will be tropical island and candy to get through.  We should not have to wait 4 months to spend our runes.

edited 17.12.2019
    i for one am very happy the festive almond and peaches cost more then the viking/northern lights duck and donkey in WWC coins. and i need about 4 festive peaches and about 5 festive almonds. so i for one and happy about this. i was hoping they would offer the peach and almond instead of the duck and donkey.  
    It hasn't been either or before so why now?   When I hover over the orchard offered it says olives/citrus.

You can go to the library and buy books for (for gold of course) the Viking, Northern and Festive but you can only purchase stuff from the Festive trader and even then, no ducks.

Right but i've had to wait a month already, looking at another, then there will be tropical island and candy to get through.  We should not have to wait 4 months to spend our runes.

I agree with that. Maybe it would be reasonable for the trader of the previous temporary farm to remain for seven days after the previous one is completed. Then we shouldn't have this issue anymore. But for the players that wish to collect themed duck coops while playing the festive farm, what I suggested is a good option.

I agree with that. Maybe it would be reasonable for the trader of the previous temporary farm to remain for seven days after the previous one is completed. Then we shouldn't have this issue anymore. But for the players that wish to collect themed duck coops while playing the festive farm, what I suggested is a good option.
    You are saying to wait 4 months.  You find that a good option?

Yes, if the player wants the themed duck coops compared to the other options that are available at the moment. Of course it is not ideal at the moment but the game has continued to take the trader when the temporary farm ends for years but it is better to save the runestones for the items they wish to purchase rather than wasting them on other items they are not interested in. It would be better if the trader can stay for a period of time after the temporary farm ends though.

Yes, if the player wants the themed duck coops compared to the other options that are available at the moment. Of course it is not ideal at the moment but the game has continued to take the trader when the temporary farm ends for years but it is better to save the runestones for the items they wish to purchase rather than wasting them on other items they are not interested in. It would be better if the trader can stay for a period of time after the temporary farm ends though.
    The game didn't take the Temp farm trader right away though. We had 3 days to make purchases.  THAT is the difference,  They changed it without warning.  Then again GGS might have thought they would lose players and gold if they announced that players would have to wait 4 months to spend their hard earned runes.

it is offering the festive peach and festive almond like it was the ducks. and the viking and northern ducks look pretty much the same too me.so i am not sure what looks so different to them to you? they both have snow on them.there is not a small duck that does not have snow on it. so there has been a small duck offered for the last 2 temp farms. this is the first time the festive peach and festive almond have been for sale with runstones. the festive trader is selling the festive almond and peach instead of the viking/northern duck and donkey. it is also selling the one that does olives and citrus but it has sold that one the last 2 also. also both ducks are offered by the WWC trader for less then the festive almond and festive peach are. also this farm only comes once a year.
    it has or will be 4 months sense we have been able to use our seashells and if tropic is next instead of candy we are looking at 4 months with out being able to use our vouchers. and the special 2 in 1 trees have only appeared in the temp farms. i would like a almond/peach but i have to wait for another candy farm. so this will be the 3rd temp i have had to wait and if tropic is next i will have to wait another month. so if anyone is wanting a olive/citrus you might want to buy it this time going to be a wile for another runestone farm. i personally think it came in very handy for the village fair.
    The game didn't take the Temp farm trader right away though. We had 3 days to make purchases.  THAT is the difference,  They changed it without warning.  Then again GGS might have thought they would lose players and gold if they announced that players would have to wait 4 months to spend their hard earned runes.

There have been many previous temp farms where the trader has been taken away from the temp farm as soon as it ends. I didn't play a few temp farms before the viking farm but I have had that happen many times before on previous temp farms and I have not been able to purchase items for months with the currency.

There have been many previous temp farms where the trader has been taken away from the temp farm as soon as it ends. I didn't play a few temp farms before the viking farm but I have had that happen many times before on previous temp farms and I have not been able to purchase items for months with the currency.
    All the ones i played previously gave us 3 days to make our purchases.  That includes the two times that i played the viking farm.

I don't want the candles or christmas lights on the duck coop.  Its gonna look stupid enough with the snow on it.
    This is what shows for me at the Festive Farm Trader

This is what shows for me from the trader in the parking lot on the main farm

that is page 1 of 6 look on page 6

Oh ok, I thought you were talking about the orchard that produces two different things.
    the almond/peach that is a 2for 1 is in the candy farm. the apple/cherry is the tropic farm.then the olive/cituris is viking/notheren/festive.
    All the ones i played previously gave us 3 days to make our purchases.  That includes the two times that i played the viking farm.
    That's good to hear. In the past they have had this issue multiple times so it's not surprising that it has happened again. But those times there was no ranking prize of the themed currency so it was possible for all of the items to be purchased. But if you forgot to then you would have to wait until it would return to purchase those items usually. :(
  • Question on the Festive House...what does it take for upgrades? Runes? Money? Gold? It's very tempting because it's very pretty but if I gotta cough up gold to upgrade the thing, then I'll pass.
    Tks!
    Happy Holidays!
    Question on the Festive House...what does it take for upgrades? Runes? Money? Gold? It's very tempting because it's very pretty but if I gotta cough up gold to upgrade the thing, then I'll pass.
    Tks!
    Happy Holidays!
    If you're talking about the Winter Cottage, it can be upgraded with farm dollars.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Where are the gifts that one chases to get the polar bear to dance? They seem to be missing on the Festive Farm!! :-)
  • No temporary farms for me until the powers to be can figure out how to save them so that I can continue where I left off. I don't like wasting resources to start over every single time. And what's up with the Christmas decoration that costs so much gold? Such greed!

No temporary farms for me until the powers to be can figure out how to save them so that I can continue where I left off. I don't like wasting resources to start over every single time. And what's up with the Christmas decoration that costs so much gold? Such greed!

They are TEMPORARY farms because they are well... TEMPORARY.  People know going in that they are TEMPORARY.    There is no reason to save them. They have limited space and you do not make any money from them, just vouchers, shells and runes.

They are just something different to do and a change from the regular farm.  They are expensive to play.  No one forces anyone to play them.

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 19.12.2019
    @FarmerCli (US1) Your Bank shows up when I look at your farm so I assume it is just a display glitch that fixed when you relogged yeah? 

@ Everyone, Bad news I am afraid, they have tried to bring back the NL trader, but apparently it is not possible, maybe because they are all called "Runestone Trader" & he is already there, even though all 3 sell some different items. :/  They have apologised & the issue will be looked at in the new year to improve the system so that this does not occur again. So, unfortunately, it means that you will have to wait for the next Viking/NL farm to come around, so that you can buy the ducks or donkeys. - Sorry guys :/

@ Everyone, Bad news I am afraid, they have tried to bring back the NL trader, but apparently it is not possible, maybe because they are all called "Runestone Trader" & he is already there, even though all 3 sell some different items. :/  They have apologised & the issue will be looked at in the new year to improve the system so that this does not occur again. So, unfortunately, it means that you will have to wait for the next Viking/NL farm to come around, so that you can buy the ducks or donkeys. - Sorry guys :/
    Thanks for asking.  You might point out to them this is another reason why running the viking, northern lights and festive farms back to back to back is not a good idea.  It prevents us from making purchases from the farm that just concluded and it gets boring.  I know people that did the first two that are skipping the festive farm.  Winter falls at different times around the world.  Maybe do an every other temp farm is a winter one would be better.  Though I would still like a smaller non snow duck coop. ;)
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Give us that trader after festive farm ends. It is fare and okay with everyone I guess.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    @FarmerCli (US1) Your Bank shows up when I look at your farm so I assume it is just a display glitch that fixed when you relogged yeah? 

With all the traders in the trading building surely there is space in there to put all the traders from every event :D 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.12.2019
    No temporary farms for me until the powers to be can figure out how to save them so that I can continue where I left off. I don't like wasting resources to start over every single time. And what's up with the Christmas decoration that costs so much gold? Such greed!

I tend to think of them not as farms but as longer running theme events. Because they are time consuming, and are costly to fully develop, some of us ignore the tasks and just do the bare minimum to collect enough runestones or whatevers to buy something smalller or save up to for something larger -- no large expenditures of time or resurces needed. I generally just do flax and tunics and sell them off at the end for a nice pile of runestones. Sometimes I will push a little more and add seals to the mix.  Some have posted their strategy of just doing seals and walking away with pretty tidy sums.

Because the captain's ship only asks for fruit from seeds from the last temporary farm you've worked, some stick only one that type of farm -- candy, tropical, or the Viking Farms. That way, you're not doing them all the time if you don't want to.

Not everyone plays the game the same way, but this works for me. :)

Post edited by artful (US1) on
    Give us that trader after festive farm ends. It is fare and okay with everyone I guess.
    I want the viking trader.

Sign In to comment.