Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Is there going to be a deep sea fishing rework?

I believe we were promised a DSF rework this year, but alas the year is almost gone and nothing said about rework.  Is it still going to happen?

Comments

• I believe we were promised a DSF rework this year, but alas the year is almost gone and nothing said about rework.  Is it still going to happen?
    I sure hope so. It's taking me weeks to fill these contracts. :#

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I feel like our fish have already been drastically devalued.  Maybe that was the rework they were talking about.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Hope not......making decent amount of money from the deep sea area at the moment and don't need GGS coming in and ruining that part of the game as well.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I'm with Gizmo on this one.  Any time I hear the word "Rework", it usually means something needs to be nerfed.

Right now fishing is still extremely profitable. Sure, it takes a while to build up enough inventory to do a contract, but what I do is fish with my 14 trawlers for 3-4 weeks to build up a stash, THEN I'll go through the contracts and see which ones I can fill.

Although they did just "Rework" it to some extent, adding the Mermaid Bay recipes, adding the special seeds, and adjusting some of the values of the items in the contracts. It wasn't too bad, though. Personally, I hope that's as far as they go with it.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Absolutely agree with @gizmo22 (AU1)  and @Southern (US1)  on this.
    I've got a mixed fleet of 6  trawlers, 5 skipjacks, 2 norfolks and a small motorboat (for sentimental reasons :p)
    and still make shiploads ( :D) of money. Sure, I delete a lot of contracts I don't want but still make an average of about 20 million a day.
    Please leave it alone......
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    When they finally decide to "Rework" the DSF. I hope they allow us to have more ships & pools. Have the pools hold different combinations of fish. Example lobsters with shrimp, clams, & yes even oysters.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Delete those contracts... I delete far more than I keep.  Just had a $39 million dollar contract today for just cod... woo hoo.  I delete a lot of organic market contracts too... I'm not holding one around while I make 31,000 cabbage!  They aren't really worth much, when you look at how good the fish contracts are anyway!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Please NO REWORK. A rework never works out to the players' advantage, and usually makes things worse. I make a lot of money by deleting unwanted contracts, and I'm a very casual player.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 30.09.2019
    The planned rework is to give us more pools and boats, and to always have every type of fish to catch at all times. I do not see a real downside to this, though I suspect some pools may only be unlocked at certain levels and may have to be paid for like land expansions. I still want to see this rework. Shrimp, oyster and clam are the main bottleneck to contracts at the moment. The rework will solve this.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The rework will solve this.
    I love your optimism but . . . . . . . . . . 
    .........here's my predicted downside IF the rework involves what Rusty stated. GGS will add more pools, more boats and more variety in contracts then completely reduce the fish sell values for direct sale and for contract values. So we get more variety and the ability to fill more contracts which sounds good in theory but is completely pointless when you go from making 10-20 million dollars a day down to the new nerfed value of 5 million (IF we are lucky)........plz no rework!
    You don't know the values are going to be nerfed. They were nerfed once when we were making money too easily but once again, I'm not convinced.
    You don't know the values are going to be nerfed. They were nerfed once when we were making money too easily but once again, I'm not convinced.
    New to the game, are you?  B)
    Definitely not! Been playing six and a half years.
    Definitely not! Been playing six and a half years.
    I know. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @artful (US1)   @Rusty Farmer (AU1)
    roflmao
    I think you 2 had better just agree to differ   :¬D
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    I could be mistaken but pretty sure they just were nerfed again a little. I thought some of the extra items now "cost" more then before.and they added new items that "cost" way more then I would pay actual farm dollars for.
    If there is any nerfing, a major one may well be the cost (farm dollars or gold) to unlock new pools. They definitely said they were revamping DSF. I think changing the contracts was the first step.
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    The dockyard just unlocks for me. What is the most profitable fish?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Lobsters
  • Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    i agree no re-work but you need to make the fish pools more even.  i rarely get any swordfish,salmon cod or shellfish pools

almost always it's either lobster or tuna/herring

i have been 5 days without a swordfish,salmon.cod pool
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I just harvest what they give us.  If it takes longer to fill some contracts, so be it.
  • Read in one of the other categories that "Santa's Workshop" would allow us to exchange fishing vessels, etc.  Sounds nice, would love to do it but where is the thing????????  If others have found it why can't I & others?????  
    On another note, I don't want them to mess with the $$ we get for contracts, but a little reason behind some of them would be nice.  Waiting days for a hole to open for certain kinds of fish & expecting us to fill a huge contract is just slightly insane, but as one said....."don't expect & you won't be disappointed!"
  • Cherylm (AU1)Cherylm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    The Deep sea fishing area is definitly not well balanced, they need to either change the contracts of allow us more boats ; storage and fishing holes as promised. I think that no response from G.G. is bad form. Perhaps one of the moderators could look at this please!!!!
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    I want them to leave it alone.  Every time they rework something it makes it worse for the players.  Better the devil  >:) you know than the one you don't.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I'll have to disagree, i really love their temporary farm rework :)

I love the possibility to get more special buildings :D
    Nothing wrong with deep sea fishing area, leave it alone!
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Let it stay as it is. Or when they do a rework,give us more pools and For Example adding 6 more boats to our fleet. or increase the loading capacity of the excisting ship. 
    And find a way what we can do with the ships to be build who are sitting useless in our storage
  • shy90 (US1)shy90 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I hope for deep fish event before 2020
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I'll have to disagree, i really love their temporary farm rework :)

I love the possibility to get more special buildings :D
    Yes. They did a good job to make the rewards better than before.

Getting contracts in the fishing market for cod/salmon/swordfish will produce the largest profit. Only accept one-item contracts as well.

Let it stay as it is. Or when they do a rework,give us more pools and For Example adding 6 more boats to our fleet. or increase the loading capacity of the excisting ship. 
    And find a way what we can do with the ships to be build who are sitting useless in our storage
    It's unlikely that they will allow us to have extra pools and boats without reducing the profit because it already produces the largest profit compared to any part of the game. If it happens it will be very nice but the profit is already very large so unfortunately that is unlikely to occur without some other negative change to profit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file