Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 28th - The Big Farm holiday season 2019 begins! - Discussion

168»

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I think GG should give 1 million gold upon log in!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think GG should give 1 million gold upon log in!
    That would be nice. ;)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 11.12.2019
    The problem is a player who finishes a season with all silver and bronze medals probably had to work very hard all the way through to get them.  They would have more points and done more work than a player who did nothing all season, came on the last day, did enough to get 1 gold ( which very little would be needed) and their rewards for the whole season is more that the player who worked hard for the whole 42 days.

@ninjahuman (AU1)   I have had a season where I tried hard all the way, got silver and bronze every event, got less diamonds that I do now because I sit out an event at the start.  The problem with this is, it is good for me but what about the others that got silver and bronze the 1st time, now they are against my farm and they miss out again.  3rd round these same players who are trying their best, now hit again some of the stronger players that beat them first round but came down low in 2nd round, they lose again.  4th round repeat and rinse.  So these players who are trying hard all the time and get silver and bronze medals, get no final ranking rewards even tho they have done so much more work.  This is exactly what happens, this is why we end up with unbalanced fields.  Taking away the stipulation of gold medal for ranking reward should actually solve the problem of unbalanced fields after the 1st few events

BTW I don't post what the problem I have, I see what is happening to others as I don't just think about me and my playing experience.  I find a way around the problem , but problem with this is, the way around usually hurts the lower level players.

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    Sitting out of events to drop down in the ranks is not the answer.  The stipulation for at least 1 gold medal should be removed!  The FL is based on all co-op events.  If people are in a co-op they should be playing the events to help their co-op, not worrying about whether they get a gold medal in a side event.  There are a lot of low level players in my co-op who play every single day and they play hard and are constantly up against higher level players and just can't get those gold medals.  I do not feel this is fair.  I could understand if GGS is doing this to ensure those receiving the rewards are actually active, however it seems more like they are just trying to push the players into buying gold. The 1 gold medal stipulation needs to go, it's just not right.
  • I couldn't agree more, I don't want to sit out an event either, not good for the rest of my co op.
    edited 11.12.2019
    I dont understand your logic

Ive tried the go all-out in every event  and its just a plain bad strategy , as at one point you will keep being matched with the best 9 or best 18 players and it will be extremely difficult to do good

So  no matter what , majority of players , 99% of them is bound to obtain a few stone/wooden medals

So why not be wise, and position those medals at place, where it will yield you long-term benefits for the whole FL

But thats just me , Using STRATEGY :)

Not being forced to do anything , And honestly all my divisions are fairly well balanced , i get stone/wooden medals in HW events , and generally all gold/silver in CC/Fairs

Right now, I expect to try a little harder on the last 3 events to work a push up in rankings =)

I was around #200 ish for the whole event, i expect to finish near top 20 :) ( With use of strategy )

Thats my medal overview so far , Nothing that gamebreaking :o 

• fantastic thanks @Exxy (INT1)  my point exactly, you are down in 200th, so your next rounds are going to be against players  who may not have a gold medal yet and you are going to push hard to make sure they don't get 1.
    edited 11.12.2019
    lol what? ur funny

Ill never get matched with someone without a gold medal =)

I'll have to check for giggles :)

But Id bet a few bucks on that :D

It would be interesting to know what is the player with the highest title without having a gold medal yet

Since, I like to work thoroughly on data and what im talking about

I will personally list the amount of gold medals for every player in my next division ( Nothing is better than Data )

<3 Stay tuned
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Neither do I.......sitting out is just a cop out! You have 42 days to get 1 gold medal.....just 1. A few glass or lower medals when up against the big players groups you with weaker groups as the competition progresses. Whats next, jumping from coop to coop just to get a reward you want then going back to your original one after its over? Oh wait that already happens......its not strategy, its just sad.......my two cents worth  :p
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The problem is a player who finishes a season with all silver and bronze medals probably had to work very hard all the way through to get them.  They would have more points and done more work than a player who did nothing all season, came on the last day, did enough to get 1 gold ( which very little would be needed) and their rewards for the whole season is more that the player who worked hard for the whole 42 days.

@ninjahuman (AU1)   I have had a season where I tried hard all the way, got silver and bronze every event, got less diamonds that I do now because I sit out an event at the start.  The problem with this is, it is good for me but what about the others that got silver and bronze the 1st time, now they are against my farm and they miss out again.  3rd round these same players who are trying their best, now hit again some of the stronger players that beat them first round but came down low in 2nd round, they lose again.  4th round repeat and rinse.  So these players who are trying hard all the time and get silver and bronze medals, get no final ranking rewards even tho they have done so much more work.  This is exactly what happens, this is why we end up with unbalanced fields.  Taking away the stipulation of gold medal for ranking reward should actually solve the problem of unbalanced fields after the 1st few events

BTW I don't post what the problem I have, I see what is happening to others as I don't just think about me and my playing experience.  I find a way around the problem , but problem with this is, the way around usually hurts the lower level players.

I don't really think that would happen because the one player would have received more diamonds from hard work rewards than the other.

I see. It may not solve it because some players would not always play their best in an event for other reasons like not being available to play as much.

One thing to remember is that this is a ranking prize, not a hard work reward. I'm happy for the other players if a gold medal is not compulsory for the ranking anymore, but I can also see the logic in why it was set up that way to try to encourage players to get gold medals and compete for the top ranking spot in their group.
  • yes the logic was to try make us spend more gold to get the gold medals, but in practice to opposite happened, instead of spending more gold we just take it easy and with enough taking it easy then the gold buyers need to spend LESS to get the gold medal.  Remove the need to have a gold medal and others may push harder all the time to fight for the silver and bronze.
  • jaelle (US1)jaelle (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    hi,
    this am went to my farm.. and I cant seem to get stuff going... I get a few things done then I get some sort of "cloud" upon planting and the stalls. once that "cloud" pops up after 2 times my game freezes and have
    to refresh the page. A LOT.  yesterday game was fine today is not. 
    anyone having the same problem or just me?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Just spun the Xmas WoF 8 times plus the bonus spin. I won several mystery boxes of varying colors and none of them turned up in my inventory.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 13.12.2019
    @WascallyWabbit

Where is Santa's workshop aka wish list aka wheel? Shouldn't it have been here by now? 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit

Where is Santa's workshop aka wish list aka wheel? Shouldn't it have been here by now? 

No, it's not time yet. Historically it only shows up a few days before Christmas.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I DO hope so !
    If they want my gold, that's where I spend it. (I love to decorate.)
  • Satan's workshop was suppose to be repaired with last update, so we should see it soon
  • I want the temp farm to show up soon. Please.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    edited 17.12.2019
    I'd like the Christmas WoF to work properly.  I have santa hat tokens, but when i click for it to spin, nothing happens and the button turns gray.  I left and went back in and it did the same time.  Tried a third time and same thing.

Edit to add - Its working now and the HWE pps gauge/timer near the harvested items is back too.  I know why they were acting up or missing.  Every time they advertise the new event or ads on the main page after logging in, things go haywire.  I got disconnected by the game.... are they deliberately disconnecting people to force them to have to re log in so that they force them to see the new event on the main page and any new ads they are inundating us with?  I have noticed that I get disconnected from the server, then when I log in there is a new event.

Edit again - the pps gauge timer clock that usually shows up next to the item you are harvesting, showing your time after each harvest is missing again . You have go hover over the silo to see the time.

Post edited by BigSparty (US1) on
  • Are you kidding? I don't need a bunch of trees on the gourmet farm. I'll have millions of runes leftover to use at a later run of a farm. This is not worth playing for because I have all the trees I need there. Three and I am constantly selling the peaches and almonds. Contracts don't really ask for them anymore so why add to them? I'd much rather get more ducks or even cow sheds but I don't need trees. What a joke for a festive farm.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Is Santa's Workshop making its way at any point before Christmas??? 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Where is the Santa's Workshop???

If your office will be closed for 12 days, Dec 21st - Jan 1 please releace the event now.
Sign In to comment.