Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Northern Lights Farm - Discussion

Comments

• @ninjahuman (AU1) @Byron Longford (AU1) He may well leave when the event ends, as that is what he has been doing the last few times & then we ask them to bring him back, but in this case, as the next farm will be the Festive one, he will be back anyway, so he may be gone for a day but it should be ok. :)
  • @WascallyWabbit the finish time is a lot earlier than normal as well, by a few hrs.  A lot may not have noticed this change
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ninjahuman (AU1) @Byron Longford (AU1) He may well leave when the event ends, as that is what he has been doing the last few times & then we ask them to bring him back, but in this case, as the next farm will be the Festive one, he will be back anyway, so he may be gone for a day but it should be ok. :)
    Ok thanks. One issue can be that themed buildings that are available from the trader can switch when the temporary farm changes. And now that we can get 5 million runestones from a ranking reward, we can't take advantage of them if we are trying to purchase a specific themed building until that temporary farm returns. It is a minor thing but it would be nice if the trader could stay a bit after the temporary farm ends so that we can make use of the currency we just collected from the temporary farm.
  • @WascallyWabbit the finish time is a lot earlier than normal as well, by a few hrs.  A lot may not have noticed this change
    @Byron Longford (AU1) Do you mean the event is shorter than normal or that you see some timers showing different end times? I checked the map, the trader building & all 3 boats on the temp farm & they all show the same time for me. (16 hours left)

@ninjahuman (AU1) The one we have now is just called "Runestone Trader" but you are correct that there must be different versions of him, because he had NL Donkeys and Ducks and those are slightly different from the Viking Donkeys & Ducks,  I am not even sure what is there for the Festive Farm - Is it those 2 items that you are interested in? I could ask a CM to check for you, maybe they will need to send in 2 diff Runestone Traders.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    All my snow dollars disapeaed this morning when I logged on, it shows I have 0 dollars.

When I refreshed to try and fix it it did flash my dollas for a second then went to 0.

I am not alone either, others in my co-op have the same issue.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    This is a strange bug where refresh dose not work but ignoring the bug, soeta speak dose work.

After I harvested everything it showed blue Zs, not red so I started a production and all my money came back.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    @ninjahuman (AU1) @Byron Longford (AU1) He may well leave when the event ends, as that is what he has been doing the last few times & then we ask them to bring him back, but in this case, as the next farm will be the Festive one, he will be back anyway, so he may be gone for a day but it should be ok. :)
    Ok thanks. One issue can be that themed buildings that are available from the trader can switch when the temporary farm changes. And now that we can get 5 million runestones from a ranking reward, we can't take advantage of them if we are trying to purchase a specific themed building until that temporary farm returns. It is a minor thing but it would be nice if the trader could stay a bit after the temporary farm ends so that we can make use of the currency we just collected from the temporary farm.
    That is true.  I want things from the viking farm, not the northern lights farm and  have to wait now for the viking farm to come back.  I want some duck coops.  Don't want the snow ones but since there are no other special duck coops i'm forced to use snow ones.  Three kinds of snow ones and no special non snow ones.  Not sure whose bright idea that was. I'm kind sick of the viking/northern and soon festive farm.  I don't know why they don't space them apart better.  Some areas have their winter 6 months from now, have one then.

• @WascallyWabbit shorter, normally it does not finish until 5PM local time, this one finishes at 3PM.  My guess it will be so the next temp farm can start just a couple hours after, this is not a bug, just some players will not have noticed the early finish.  I myself had planned for another lot of seals which I had to cancel due to different finish time and very glad I saw early finish before feeding 22 seals and buying feed for them..lol
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 16.12.2019
    @Byron Longford (AU1)

Yup, Thats a very nice catch, and its very helpful to know it :)

Thanks for spotting it :D

But thats a thing that happens often ( and i actually like it )

Always have to be aware , can make the difference , and its not always the same thing over and over

:D
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @Byron Longford (AU1) Do you mean the event is shorter than normal or that you see some timers showing different end times? I checked the map, the trader building & all 3 boats on the temp farm & they all show the same time for me. (16 hours left)

@ninjahuman (AU1) The one we have now is just called "Runestone Trader" but you are correct that there must be different versions of him, because he had NL Donkeys and Ducks and those are slightly different from the Viking Donkeys & Ducks,  I am not even sure what is there for the Festive Farm - Is it those 2 items that you are interested in? I could ask a CM to check for you, maybe they will need to send in 2 diff Runestone Traders.
    Yes. I presume the festive almond orchards and festive peach orchards will probably be offered from the festive trader. I was going to buy a northern lights duck coop with my other runestones but it doesn't matter too much for me. There are a lot of other players that say they would like to purchase something though so that may be good if that is possible.

That is true.  I want things from the viking farm, not the northern lights farm and  have to wait now for the viking farm to come back.  I want some duck coops.  Don't want the snow ones but since there are no other special duck coops i'm forced to use snow ones.  Three kinds of snow ones and no special non snow ones.  Not sure whose bright idea that was. I'm kind sick of the viking/northern and soon festive farm.  I don't know why they don't space them apart better.  Some areas have their winter 6 months from now, have one then.

Yes. That's why it would be better if the trader stayed for a certain amount of time after the temporary farm. Or even if the trader was there permanently.

Having all of the winter themed temporary farms is very good for collecting rewards lol. But it's not good for having variety for the temporary farms and for players that would like to play the others.

Yes. I presume the festive almond orchards and festive peach orchards will probably be offered from the festive trader. I was going to buy a northern lights duck coop with my other runestones but it doesn't matter too much for me. There are a lot of other players that say they would like to purchase something though so that may be good if that is possible.

Yes. That's why it would be better if the trader stayed for a certain amount of time after the temporary farm. Or even if the trader was there permanently.

Having all of the winter themed temporary farms is very good for collecting rewards lol. But it's not good for having variety for the temporary farms and for players that would like to play the others.
    Maybe do something different with them.  Have one of them run for 6 weeks and throw in a 4th chapter?  They need to change up the tasks.  Two farms back to back with the exact same tasks is boring.  and having the same task twice in one chapter is tedious as well.  Those coats. blech.  No wonder people have switched to seals.

• danial7 (GB1)danial7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    why as the trade gone i need my runestone to buy what i need its gone before i was  up waiting a day is know use to me i need them now same as usally waete of time
    edited 16.12.2019
    When do they get rid of all the stuff on the northern lights farms?  The event ended a few hours ago, but if you go to the Farmer's League and click on someone's name, then look at the drop menu for their farms, the northern lights farm is still there and if you go there, there are still functioning fields and buildings.

Meanwhile, the trader for that event left.  Things that make no sense.
  • BlueMoon (HU1)BlueMoon (HU1) HU1 Posts: 34
    edited 16.12.2019
    When do they get rid of all the stuff on the northern lights farms?  The event ended a few hours ago, but if you go to the Farmer's League and click on someone's name, then look at the drop menu for their farms, the northern lights farm is still there and if you go there, there are still functioning fields and buildings.

(I experienced) those players have northern-light island who have not been online since the end of island event. (Maybe GGS wants to stop ranking list problem with this? This is just a  theory...)

(I experienced) those players have northern-light island who have not been online since the end of island event. (Maybe GGS wants to stop ranking list problem with this? This is just a  theory...)

Glad someone else noticed it too.  They have some terrible flaw in their code.  We had people that didn't get zeroed out for the last village fair, when they did zero it out, there was still one co op that didn't zero out and they were in 3rd place.  It was explained to me that if they participate they would zero out.  Really?  And since they eventually fell to 5th place, did they get rewards while not playing?  Does their software recognize that that co op should not get any?
  • danial7 (GB1)danial7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    i see nothings been done about the trader for the runestones thats my cc ruin great job there i thgink not you are totaly useless
  • @danial7 (GB1) Calm down dear hehe :p ...... As you can see from the discussion, we were already talking about the possibility of having to manually get the Northern Lights Trader back. 

@ everyone It would appear that the reason the traders no longer stay for an extra 3 days, is because any temp farm trader that is running, will be cancelled when a new Temp farm starts, so we will have to continue to ask for them to be sent back manually after the new farm begins. We have already put in a request for the return of the NL trader, so that you can all buy your stables.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 16.12.2019
    will be cancelled when a new Temp farm starts
    @WascallyWabbit
    But currently there is no any temp farm island running or am I wrong? When is the festive farm supposed to start? I though farms were supposed to start in the middle of each month? Maybe that is when at least some sort of viking trader will come back.
  • @mia111 (GB1) They have been starting within a day of the last one ending for the last few I think :)
    edited 17.12.2019
    @danial7 (GB1) Calm down dear hehe :p ...... As you can see from the discussion, we were already talking about the possibility of having to manually get the Northern Lights Trader back. 

@ everyone It would appear that the reason the traders no longer stay for an extra 3 days, is because any temp farm trader that is running, will be cancelled when a new Temp farm starts, so we will have to continue to ask for them to be sent back manually after the new farm begins. We have already put in a request for the return of the NL trader, so that you can all buy your stables.
    But what about the viking trader, we didn't get to buy things from that event either.  I  don't want to have to wait around several months for that farm to come back.  All the rune stone traders should be available so people can get their goodies.  There was no warning that they were changing it and now the trader for a farm just disappears at the end.

• BigSparty (US1) said:
    But what about the viking trader, we didn't get to buy things from that event either.  I  don't want to have to wait around several months for that farm to come back.  All the rune stone traders should be available so people can get their goodies.  There was no warning that they were changing it and now the trader for a farm just disappears at the end.

@BigSparty (US1) You are correct that we did not ask for the Viking Trader to come back, but that is because the NL Trader is almost identical, they both have the Ducks & Donkeys, which are only slightly different visually:

There was also the issue with the Runestones given as ranking rewards for the Viking farm, being credited to the rankings of the NL farm - So things were a bit messy last month & we did not see the usual requests to call back that trader. If you did ask for him & we missed it, I apologise, what was it you wanted from him?
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    They broke the dancing bear.    :o    :'(

edited 17.12.2019
    BigSparty (US1) said:

@BigSparty (US1) You are correct that we did not ask for the Viking Trader to come back, but that is because the NL Trader is almost identical, they both have the Ducks & Donkeys, which are only slightly different visually:

There was also the issue with the Runestones given as ranking rewards for the Viking farm, being credited to the rankings of the NL farm - So things were a bit messy last month & we did not see the usual requests to call back that trader. If you did ask for him & we missed it, I apologise, what was it you wanted from him?
    Items without the candles or Christmas lights. 

When the viking farm ended i thought the trader was coming back.  we usually had 3 days to think over and make our purchases.  I would love the smaller duck coop without snow.  Why have 3 different ones all with snow and no smaller ones without the snow.  Its so frustrating.

I think someone did ask for the viking trader to be brought back, but I don't recall who. and thought he would be back because someone had asked and the disappearance was sudden and out of the norm and we had no warning that he was not coming back.  This game is so frustrating on so many levels and it just seems to get worse.

Post edited by BigSparty (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    There are many folks that would prefer the Viking stables with the less snow on them. None at all would be great. So yes please bring back the regular Viking farm trader.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    What is the meaning of Different Handbook tab for festive and northern temporary farm when they have same handbooks to viking farm? Even if we buy book at viking, they are added to both of these. So then what is the need of showing all 3 instead of 1?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    They broke the dancing bear.    :o    :'(

First thing I checked for when the farm started, and I noticed it too.

So for nostalgia's sake, I've brought it back in my signature. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well maybe I am seeing things or should say not seeing things. ?? Just went through all the possible purchases one can make through the current trader for the Festive temp farm. ?? To my surprise there are no animals available ??? Just Christmas decorations??!!
    The graphics in the Festive Farm is flawed.  When I upgraded my bank it disappeared.   :'(:confused:

Oh no.  I just upgraded mine. :/  A little worried.

• So one can't get a special duck this month?  Not event from the last island - doesn't seem right to me.
Sign In to comment.